Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,079 members, 7,949,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:17 PM

Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation (4092 Views)

Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics / Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. / Fashola Inspects 70 Million Gallon Per Day Adiyan Water Works Expansion. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by agbameta: 10:04pm On Sep 09, 2013

Osun State government has awarded and kicked-off a N2 billion full rehabilitation work of Ede Water Works, which supplies over 70 per cent of the water needs of the state.

The government has also set aside another N2.2 billion in the 2013 budget to replace obsolete pipes across the state.

Addressing a press conference signalling the commencement of the rehabilitation project, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Water Resources, Mrs Tawa Williams, said the rehabilitation work would be “wide-ranging and ultimately revamp the water works and transform it into what it was originally.” Upon full completion,the project will not only meet the water requirements of a great majority of citizens of the state, it will also present a scenic and environmental beauty, as well as a tourist attraction.She also said arrangements were also near completion for the Iraqi government, through its embassy in Nigeria, to complement the rehabilitation process with the ultimate plan of exporting badly needed treated bottled water to Iraq.

She emphasised that the Aregbesola administration was committing such a prodigious sum to water “to exterminate the challenge of water-borne diseases which arise essentially because of the absence of effective and efficient portable water. “We cannot be talking about sound health care delivery system without adequate water supply for the citizenry,” she said.

She said that the project, which would be completed within 12 months would raise the production capacity of the water works to close to 100 per cent from the present 30 per cent

She added that the government was in the process of procuring 100 water tankers that would be supplying water to various houses in the state as a bridging process before the completion of the water works and with a view to also frontally solving water needs in other areas of the state.

In the rehabilitation process, Williams said that two additional low-lift pump would be installed with twelve high-lift pump, while additional 1500KVA generator has now been provided for the low-lift station, just as 1000KVA generator has also been provided for the low-lift.
William further stated that there will be exhaustive repairs of four-unit clarifiers and other ancilliary equipment and rehabilitation of the 16 filter beds.

She added: “We are also supplying more dozing pumps and brand new Chlorinators with all pipe work meticulously rehabilitated.

“There will also be rejigging of all civil structure, beautification of the environment and regeneration of the staff quarters to elevate staff morale. The restructuring of the power generation system and the modernisation of the power sub-station will include the procurement of two additional transformer and procurement of 33KV outdoor switchgear system”, She said.

The Special Adviser reiterated that the government is on course in its strategy to ensure that every resident in the state enjoy access to potable water supply.

With a view to ensure the sutainability of the investment being made by the government on potable water supply, William appealed to citizens of the state to partner with the government by paying their water rates promptly to sustain government’s water initiatives.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/16338-osun-begins-n2bn-ede-water-works-rehabilitation.html

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by veraponpo(m): 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2013
Eng Aregbesola, you are the best...
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by obitwo: 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
Lets go there

70% of the news you hear from the SW these days is about development.

20% is about Bianca

The remaining 10% is about crime out of which 80% are committed by the usual suspects

7 Likes

Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by dridowu: 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
Osun adara
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by fyneguy: 9:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
Raufu! Raufu! Raufu! Emelo ni mo pe o?

O fe dojuti ijoba Jonathan ni? grin

7 Likes

Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by MrAboki: 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
2 billion.... shocked

Wow
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by nerodenero: 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
Osun State and Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola always in the news for the right reasons.
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by martin1772(m): 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
Just wish this guy could be d president, wonder how Nigeria would be

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by olaezebala: 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
From 1billion fertilizer supply to 2billion rehabilitation. Welldone Engineer
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by yimikaa: 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
obitwo: Lets go there

20% is about Bianca

The remaining 10% is about crime out of which 80% are committed by the usual suspects

nna, na wa for you oo
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by wellmax(m): 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
Good job
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by Mcweber(m): 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
Gomina wa n sise nipinle Osun......
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by anonimi: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
2014 on Aregberascal's mind.
Must win by hook or crook!

Nor be launch again
Na only begin?
Abeg let us know when there is water coverage for the STATE of Osun and how much spent!!!

2 Likes

Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by omanifrank(m): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by abes(m): 12:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
The red font lunatic just commented as expected

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
anonimi: 2014 on Aregberascal's mind.

Nor be launch again
Na only begin?
Abeg let us know when there is water coverage for the STATE of Osun and how much spent!!!
I guess he has already won grin no need for "hook or crook"
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by anonimi: 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
cogitoErgo:
I guess he has already won grin no need for "hook or crook"

- By owing salaries to workers.
- by "empowering" graudates with 8k per month
- by providing one time "free" Jonathan's train transport for Osun muslims
- etc etc

You should ask Oshiomole

2 Likes

Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by Delafruita(m): 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2013

Nor be launch again
Na only begin?
lets try to commend progress
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by egift(m): 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2013

Nor be launch again
Na only begin?

Bros read the title again - the topic did not say "Jonathan" - keep the thank you. grin
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by obamaobama: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by fabodeibukun(m): 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]osun ti n dara......# ;Dosun ti n dara......#
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by Encoredme(m): 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
I went to the place for a geography trip back in my first year in the uni. The place seriously needs a renovation.

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2013
hw dat 1 take concern ASUU strike
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
anonimi:

- By owing salaries to workers.
- by "empowering" graudates with 8k per month
- by providing one time "free" Jonathan's train transport for Osun muslims
- etc etc

You should ask Oshiomole
I hav not actualy come across pple of Osun complaining of salary.
Please choose one: (1). Graduate roaming the street jobless. (2). Graduate getting something doing while looking for better alternative and in the process being given stipend of '8k' to maintain body and soul?
U made the free train ride sound religiously biased! but it was first started during xmass for xtians, besides thanks to GEJ for reviving the rail, but Ogbeni of the State of Osun paid for the fares!

8 Likes

Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
obitwo: Lets go there

20% is about Bianca

I wish to see you real life and see how good ur life is.

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by anonimi: 1:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
Delafruita:
lets try to commend progress

Sorry what PROGRESS
What did I miss?
Since when did begin equal progress?
Meanwhile Aregberascal continues to accumulate more debt for future RESIDENTS of the STATE of Osun- most of which are borrowed from his oga at the top's offshore bank accounts funded by the loot from Lagos and other satellite states.

I cannot apologise for NOT joining those with HERD mentality!!!
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by anonimi: 1:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
cogitoErgo: I hav not actualy come across pple of Osun complaining of salary.
Please choose one: (1). Graduate roaming the street jobless. (2). Graduate getting something doing while looking for better alternative and in the process being given stipend of '8k' to maintain body and soul?
U made the free train ride sound religiously biased! but it was first started during xmass for xtians, besides thanks to GEJ for reviving the rail, but Ogbeni of the State of Osun paid for the fares!

I am sure in your mind you were saying "half bread is better than none" as you typed the highlighted.
I do not accept half bread when I know I am DUE for FULL bread.
The MINIMUM wage in Nigeria remains 18k and NOT the derisive 8k
paid by Aregberascal to his O'YES graduates.
I will encourage you to adopt the same attitude for better PROGRESS.

Meanwhile permit me to share the extract of a related article with you:

Two countries, two technicians, one problem: only four or five holes in a shower head are working. Their stratospherically different instinctive reactions, upon visual apprehension of this singular problem, tells in one powerful narrative brush the story of how either country arrived where she is today. It tells the story of the power of civic instruction and awareness. It tells the story of the only type of psychology that could power a country out of the backwaters of underdevelopment and set her on the course to joining the rest of civilized humanity in the 21st century.

It was the demeanour of the Ghanaian technician that I found so painful –painful is to be understood in the context of the statement that the said demeanour makes about my own country. His embarrassment was patent, his dissatisfaction written all over his face. You’d think that the fate of his country, Ghana, rested on him rectifying the situation and making sure it never happens again. Above all, there is that psychology of his that even if a single shower hole is blocked and ninety-nine others are working in a shower head, it ain’t right.

The Nigerian technician comes from a different world. One sordid and shitty world of rationalizing mediocrity, created by 160 million people and the useless political leaders who rule over them. All 160 million of us are responsible for this atrocious and unpatriotic psychology. Sometimes, it is difficult to tell who is more unpatriotic: Goodluck Jonathan and the bunch of corrupt clowns he leads in the political class or the people who are their victims. For the average Nigerian, in his daily treatment of Nigeria, ranks among one of the most unpatriotic citizens of any nation on earth.

Every time you accept less than perfect, justify it, impose it on people around you, you are killing Nigeria softly and unpatriotically. A taxi driver musters the courage to resist bribing a police officer, you, his passengers, turn against him. Why not settle them and stop wasting our time? How much dem dey ask sef wey you no wan roger them? Useless driver like you. Ordinary to roger dem 20 naira, you siddon here dey waste our time. If police shoot you now, dem go say na your mama co-wife cause am. Eventually, you force the taxi driver to bribe the officers. You are killing Nigeria softly with that unpatriotic psychology.

For more:
http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/columnists/parable-of-the-shower-head.html

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by osdayoola(m): 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
abes: The red font lunatic just commented as expected
abi o
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by osdayoola(m): 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
God bless everything u own
Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by osdayoola(m): 1:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
anonimi:

Sorry what PROGRESS
What did I miss?
Meanwhile Aregberascal continues to accumulate more debt for future RESIDENTS of the STATE of Osun- most of which are borrowed from his oga at the top's offshore bank accounts funded by the loot from Lagos and other satellite states.

Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by osdayoola(m): 1:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
anonimi:

Sorry what PROGRESS
What did I miss?

mr pdp aregbe is nt owing anybody oo

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
Dnt mind him....they aint even 'graduates'.......Do you think a graduate wl settle down for such??
And its nt 8k...the basic salary is 10k....and they get allowances...a lady like that in ma street gets 20k per month and gues what?..she's so happy with it..when she cldnt even make up to 5k b4...
leave aregbe haters jare
what r u a politician for if fools dont talk about you in a foolish way??....
As a politician,it is a very very good thing to have pple wu will hate you,thats when we knw you r working....
If everybody is on ya side,then u r doin nfn cos it means no one is affected by any policies....
Aregbe haters cn say nonsense for all i care.....
What is sure is....even if we dnt vote...2014 victory is sure..
The foolish ife 'omisore' or whatever he calls himself is nt even man enough to go to Ilesa for campaign...How sad?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Chris’ Daughter Rejects Him, Supports Mums On Divorce / Naija / Gov OBIANO EFFECT! Track For Small And Medium Enterprises In Anambra Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.