Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,531 members, 7,905,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 04:13 AM

"Swallow" Sefi Atta's New Book Is Out - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Swallow" Sefi Atta's New Book Is Out (2337 Views)

Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Pres. Prof. John Evans Atta Mills’ Death / Sefi Atta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Swallow" Sefi Atta's New Book Is Out by olakachifo: 10:08pm On Jun 17, 2008
In this richly textured narrative, Sefi explores the themes of class and morality. The protagonist is female and displays admirable strength and courage in a world that constantly gnaws at everything she believes in and holds sacred. Her characters are real and we quickly identify with them. We share in their pain, their joy, their hunger and their sweat. They are like our neighbors, our colleagues and our friends. As usual Sefi’s prose sings in clean, uncluttered sentences, laden with humor, satire and wit. Sefi blends the past and the present well with her excellent use of flashback such that one flows seamlessly into the other.
She closes with an emotionally charged ending with Tolani overcome with grief and questioning who her real father is and her mother’s morality. Though Rose is a lady of easy virtue, we feel her pain because at the end of the day, everyone swallows something or the other to get by. Mrs. Durojaiye swallows her pride, Sanwo swallows his morality and threatens to tell on his Uncle’s wife, Tolani swallows her values and beliefs and tries to swallow more… It simply goes on and on.

This book is available on amazon.com and kachifo.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=swallow+by+sefi&x=13&y=25

http://kachifo.com/order/product_details.php?item_id=163

Re: "Swallow" Sefi Atta's New Book Is Out by PRINCEA31(m): 8:33am On Jun 18, 2008
Thanks Man, infact have been looking for the book around .

And, As a matter of fact, All Kachifo products are interesting, talk of Half of A yellow Sun, Purple hibiscus, Everything goodwill come,etc,

Pls, do you have any contact their, if i need to buy in bulk or their website to check out other products they have in stock .

Thanks
Re: "Swallow" Sefi Atta's New Book Is Out by anneanu(f): 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2008
IS IT IN NIGERIA YET? GOT TO GET IT FOR MY PAL
BEIBEE.

THE GUY LOVES READING AND WRITING.

YOU CAN CHECK HIS BLOG OUT: www.beibee.

NEVER MIND ME, I AM HIS GREATEST FAN -
THOUGH HE DISLIKES THIS KIND OF PUBLICITY!
Re: "Swallow" Sefi Atta's New Book Is Out by olakachifo: 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2008
Yeah the book is in Nigeria, you can order it by clicking on this link http://kachifo.com/order/product_details.php?item_id=163 or you call Deji on this no 07032100215.

(1) (Reply)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx / From The Heart Of A Sapiosexual... / The Greed Of Nairaland Writers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.