Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,151 members, 7,880,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

How ETISALAT Cheats Me Of My Money Daily - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How ETISALAT Cheats Me Of My Money Daily (1572 Views)

See How Etisalat Now Inform You About Data Usage, Plan And Store / Be A Responsible Data User, Avoid Cheats And Tweaks / 2go Downlaod, Tips, Star Cheats And Mobile Chats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How ETISALAT Cheats Me Of My Money Daily by cumpaddre(m): 8:11am On Sep 10, 2013
A month ago when I subscribed for my monthly B.I.S I noticed that I'm always being charged whenever I browse with the Opera-mini app on my Blackberry even while I still have my B.I.S service active, I noticed that once I start browsing, Etisalat will quickly zap all my airtime(thereby forcing me to buy more airtime which they will eventually steal because I'm an internet freak) and then continue charging me from the B.I.S service. I called their customer care line countless times complaining about this injustice being done to me or many other Nigerians out there but the response they kept giving me was that the "Opera-Mini is a third party app,and etisalat charges directly from your account balance if you use a third party app" and after zapping all your airtime down to the very last kobo, it will start charging from your data balance. This response as well as many other meaningless response kept coming from their customer care agents. After much arguments with them it was quite clear that this is a scheme to force Nigerians into buying as much airtime daily so I stopped calling. However, I was told that if I use my normal phone browser, I won't be charged from my account balance. Before going to bed last night, I loaded N100 on my line shortly before turning on my 3G so I can browse with my phone default browser, suddenly a message popped up telling me dat I've used up all my account balance and I have just N0.00 left in my account! When my B.I.S is still very much Active!! I called their customer care agents again this morning and the lady kept beating about the bush until she finally hit the spot " the website u visited is a third-party website" Please my people, is there anything as "third party website??" And if there is, should I not be charged from my Data subscription since I used my phone default browser? If I should be charged from my airtime then what's the essence of paying them monthly for browsing? Please anybody who knows somebody in ETISALAT should please tell them that Nigerians are not fools. They should stop this injustice.
I want to also appeal to they Mod's to please move this post to the front page as there might be many other people that have been victims of this selfish treatment. Thank you.
Re: How ETISALAT Cheats Me Of My Money Daily by Galads(m): 9:58am On Sep 10, 2013
Exactly same thing happenin to me.. Rilli waiting for it to expire. Zain bis pushed Me to mtn and etisalat and etisalat pushing me to glo. All the costumer care agents knw me cause I don't take shit wit them
Re: How ETISALAT Cheats Me Of My Money Daily by femi4: 10:23am On Sep 10, 2013
Third party website? That lady must be on Alomo bitters. This is what you guys should do:
Go to Option>>Device>>Advance system settings>>browser push

Then uncheck "Enable wap push" and "Allow wap push applications"

Re: How ETISALAT Cheats Me Of My Money Daily by Galads(m): 11:26am On Sep 10, 2013
I don't get ur explaination. If I uncheck, its blank.

Re: How ETISALAT Cheats Me Of My Money Daily by cumpaddre(m): 11:45am On Sep 10, 2013
Golads these people are taking nigerians for granted, sometimes I wonder what's the job of the NCC if we d customers can't directly complain to them......

Femi thanks, I've tried it but its not working, I'm using a blackberry torch 1, I know many Nigerians will be having this same problems that's why I asked the mod's to move it to fp.
Re: How ETISALAT Cheats Me Of My Money Daily by femi4: 11:52am On Sep 10, 2013
Galads: I don't get ur explaination. If I uncheck, its blank.
Yes, make the last two blank. The posted screen shot is self explanatory
Re: How ETISALAT Cheats Me Of My Money Daily by femi4: 11:53am On Sep 10, 2013
cumpaddre: Golads these people are taking nigerians for granted, sometimes I wonder what's the job of the NCC if we d customers can't directly complain to them......

Femi thanks, I've tried it but its not working, I'm using a blackberry torch 1, I know many Nigerians will be having this same problems that's why I asked the mod's to move it to fp.
Your problem is network specific. Run away from Etisalat
Re: How ETISALAT Cheats Me Of My Money Daily by Galads(m): 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
femi4: Yes, make the last two blank. The posted screen shot is self explanatory
I actually didn't see your pix b4 I uploaded mine. I have done it, I will recharge nw and won't use it, I won't use any third party application and if my money disappear, I will port and not throw away the sim so it will be more painful to them. The money this guyz have extorted from me will pay for my 6mnths bis. I load more than #600 on a daily basis, they use to give me bonuses of like 600 naira extra that's why I abandoned all my mtn, zain and glo to use them. I just noticed 4days ago that if I recharge 600naira, it doesn't take me up to the nxt day as b4 and its actually same way I use d airtime. Called costumer care, she was telling me bull shit. Rite now, non of the ntwrks are reliable coz I have used all.
Re: How ETISALAT Cheats Me Of My Money Daily by cumpaddre(m): 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2013
femi4: Your problem is network specific. Run away from Etisalat
Its so painful d way they tell you not to use an internet connection that you fully paid for for apps like whatsapp, opera-mini, 2go nd others just cos dey are 3rd party applications. Wtf is 3rd party application anywayz Internet nor be internet??
Re: How ETISALAT Cheats Me Of My Money Daily by cumpaddre(m): 12:31pm On Sep 10, 2013
Galads: I actually didn't see your pix b4 I uploaded mine. I have done it, I will recharge nw and won't use it, I won't use any third party application and if my money disappear, I will port and not throw away the sim so it will be more painful to them. The money this guyz have extorted from me will pay for my 6mnths bis. I load more than #600 on a daily basis, they use to give me bonuses of like 600 naira extra that's why I abandoned all my mtn, zain and glo to use them. I just noticed 4days ago that if I recharge 600naira, it doesn't take me up to the nxt day as b4 and its actually same way I use d airtime. Called costumer care, she was telling me bull shit. Rite now, non of the ntwrks are reliable coz I have used all.
My broda dats d exact same thing that's happening to me!!! D worst is dat after deducting all my airtime, dats wen they will start charging me from my data balance, if that's not a scam, den wat is
Re: How ETISALAT Cheats Me Of My Money Daily by brightnelly(f): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
Hmmmm I experienced that for more than 6months! This is how I solved mine!!!
Got another etisalat sim for calling!!! That means I have two (2) etisalat sims 1for DATA the other one for calling!

#Case. Solved. grin grin
If you follow all this our network operators! My guy you go get heart attack!

But seriously all this are E.T.T grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

telegram Group / Tech; How To Download Videos From Youtube and others.. For any phone / Big Slash On INNJOO I1S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.