Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,939 members, 7,876,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 08:33 PM

35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike (5828 Views)

Ben-Bruce: Give Students Biscuit & Don't Pay Workers, Get Biscuit Illiterates / I Will Employ Illiterates Into My Govt, They Voted For Me - Ayo Fayose. / BOMBSHELL: Over 70% Of Northerners Are Illiterates-atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by 4reigningqueen: 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2013
When and how did they do the counting?
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by ojesymsym: 12:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
Thank you Mr Wike, your arch enemy Mr Amechi has set up more than 500 schools and employed over 1600 teachers to stem the tide, but you apart from reeling out statistics, what have you done?

3 Likes

Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by GenWOJUOLA(m): 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
including you ooo! cos u supported 5 to b above 27, so dnt think u re not among d illiterates,
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by nerodenero: 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
Illiteracy level will keep increase except something is done urgently. I layman believes acquiring education will enhance better job opportunities alas we have so many graduates roaming the streets without job. So how do you encourage people to go to school when many of the educated are still jobless.
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by Peetar3117(m): 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
Well..diz country z full of illetratez they zay..bt i cnt remember dem doin any cenzuz o :oWell..diz country z full of illetratez they zay..bt i cnt remember dem doin any cenzuz o
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by nuelkaosi(m): 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
Who exactly is an illiterate?? Does it mean that if u cnt speak or write in good english, then u re an illiterate?? How many white people cn speak Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba??
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
I agree, with Nyesom Wike as number one illitrate. He believes 16 > 19 and 5 > 27.

Needless to say PEJ is number 2 on the list with Bamangar Tukur a close third. GEJ is fourth! Followed by Evans Bipi

3 Likes

Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
And 30millon are Moslems ;DAnd 30millon are Moslems
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by Nuzo1(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
Relax Mr Wike. We have more pressing issues here.

Almost the same amount of Nigerians are mentally challaged. shocked

Coming back to the illiteracy matter; its the fattest lie of the century to say that the educational progress in fast developing countires like China, Brasil etc is majorly propelled by private efforts....and not government.

The subsidies, subventions, schorlarship, student loan, transparent admission, sound tutorship, up to date curriculum and standard infrastructure provided by their government is to say the least.
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by back2sender: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2013
no mind the cow, na now he wake up from sleep
karpentar: has he finished fighting Amaechi?
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by jingoma(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2013
Just read some of the questions and comments on NL daily and you will know it Has to be true.
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by AreaFada2: 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2013
Very conservative estimate. At least half of North especially women.

Do they consider all those Amajiri people literate?
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by Ericology(m): 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2013
Remove the 12 core northern shariatic states and watch it drop to 5 million
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by AreaFada2: 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
nuelkaosi: Who exactly is an illiterate?? Does it mean that if u cnt speak or write in good english, then u re an illiterate?? How many white people cn speak Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba??

If you can read and write in any language then you are literate. Middle East has high literacy rate because they can read and write in Arabic or Persian, etc.
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by seanet02: 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2013
duduzone:

Please note that Lagos State currently placed an embargo on education for student on transfer from other states.
. And what?
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by Freiburger(m): 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2013
nuelkaosi: Who exactly is an illiterate?? Does it mean that if u cnt speak or write in good english, then u re an illiterate?? How many white people cn speak Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba??
POOR DECISION MAKING CAN ALSO BE REFERRED TO AS ILLITERACY.
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by mbulela: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
Freiburger: That is over 20% of the population, i.e 1 out of every 5 Nigerians, Thats just too bad for a country aiming towards being a world power.
Any proof for the bold part of your comment?
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by Kairoseki77: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
ivytechgurl:

END TIME TINZ
END TIME TINZ
END TIME TINZ
END TIME TINZ
END TIME TINZ
END TIME TINZ
BANN ME AGAIN
KEEP BANNING
KEEP BANNING
END TIME TINZ
END TIME TINZ
END TIME TINZ

Here comes an illiterate now.

1 Like

Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by Freiburger(m): 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
mbulela:
Any proof for the bold part of your comment?
I aint seeing anything bolded, modify pls.
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by Vicksal: 1:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
Wike should hide his face in shame because he and d minister of Education are behind d downfall of our educational system
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by idriis: 1:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
And our own very 1st lady madam shepopotamus is involved! It is well!
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by aku626(m): 1:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
i think its more than 35m o! this is why people are still voting blindly
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by eagleeye2: 1:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
i guess some idio..ts will want to vote this illiterate into power if he comes out to contest.......
Why won't 35milion be illiterates even when a PHD holder in Zoology and a former lecturer doesn't see ASUU strike as an emergency situation, but believes everything wrong in the country is as a result of Enemies who wants to pull his government down.

2 Likes

Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by ivytechgurl: 1:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Here comes an illiterate now.

MUUUUMUUUUU...EVEN UR NAME NA LOCAL ONE -- YOU ARE THE ILLITERATE!!!!!!!!!
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by samistry(m): 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
Kairoseki77: And all of them are on Nairaland... grin
includin urslf
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by sugardaddy1(m): 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
Wike is a bloody thug who has nothing to offer the system. Does he expect us to clap for him for this revelation? Bloody fool.
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by addictiv(m): 2:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
[size=13pt]useless politicians they know what to do but they will never do it......backward people[/size]
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by Vetsurgeon: 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
E.T.T
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by redsun(m): 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
Only 35 million? All those socalled educated elite that doesn't know their right from left that are destroying the country are what? where do they class them?

Education is not just the ability to read and write foreign languages, rather it's the ability to reason and be productive. A baboon like fani kayode might call himself educated because her can write ogbongbo english, but from all indications his iq is not better than that of a misguided preteenager.
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by shezy(f): 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
Kslib: Only 35M?
Wooow,we try this time around ooooo..
I was expecting something like 85-90M..
Nonsense!!
All izz well !!
so kslib u con run com politics liv us for bba thread.pls we don dey luk for u oooo.com back.na like dis we go find gom girl.
Re: 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike by yemmight(m): 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
Wike no even try at all. 35m out of over 160m? That figure is deceptive. I am sure Wike is among the illiterates.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Living With A Nigerian Wife Abroad Is No Longer Fashionable! / Breaking News: Portharcourt In Turmoil Ikwerre Rd A Ghost Town Now / Please What Is The Real Mean Of Wailing Wailers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.