Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,023 members, 7,883,538 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:24 PM

Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? (1684 Views)

Fresh Whatsapp Group For New Friends, Funny Posts, Disturbance. / Can U Date And Marry Ur Age Mate: Nid Advise / Matchmaking Thread: Based On Nl Personality Or Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Okanran(m): 4:20pm On Jun 18, 2008
Hi all,

Here goes my first topic since I joined y'all smiley

The topic no be idle one oooh The essence of this forum na to meet-up/date abi no be soooo? OK now, how do u confirm before meeting up sey dat babe/guy is really worth ur time considering the fact that online personalities contrasts sharply with real life personalities, particularly when the babe/guy is desperate shocked

Believe it or not a lot of the personalities u see here is not what it is in real life, good or bad, urs truly included grin

Cyber experts/psychologist/Kolo-logist/Onos, make una help date seekers b4 dem fall prey to predators ooohhh.

Just my 2kobo grin grin grin grin
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by manmustwac(m): 5:22pm On Jun 18, 2008
@poster
of course u can look at almondjoy for example u can easily tell that she has a hot temper
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Okanran(m): 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2008
Manmustwac,

E be like sey u wan wack quarrel shey? Almondjoy me I no get beef with u ooh grin. Anyways further contributors/Onos pls take heed make una no use my own topic fin person trouble ooooh. BTW maybe, my guy manmustwac has a gameplan to lure almondjoy to himself grin Paddy mi go on sooun jare u're tiri(3) mush joo
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Creamish(f): 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2008
@ Poster. . .  it's individualistic. . some shy people feel bold online and some snubs actually bring it on online. . . i wont judge someone by their online personality though. . its camouflage sometimes. .
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by TOH(f): 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2008
Depends

You can usually tell those who are full of shit.
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by janami(f): 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2008
Not really.
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by olanajim(m): 4:39am On Jun 19, 2008
Yes, you can know enough of people by their posts. But not just reading a post.

You see, even in real life, the biggest mistake to make is to rate someone by first impression, especially when on date.

My tip for the poster are:

1. Look not at just one post. Go through as much as you can find.
2. If your prospect concentrates on one board, say, romance, then you have to dig deeper. Go and read what is opinions are on wide range of topics
3. Read how he react to difficult situations.
4. Look for contradiction in his posts.
5. Learn to differentiate between humour, sarcasm, etc

The problem with you guys is that, many of you come to forum to search for partners. There is nothing in that. But there a lot wrong in being desperate. So desperate that you keep checking the pictures of the people around instead of digging deep.

Another trouble is that: many of us are just so ordinary when it come to knowing people by their posts. Some people can predict your personality by merely looking at your hand writting. We are not gifted equally.

If you are not gifted, then don't dare. Don't go to forum looking for wife. Go there with view to exchange ideas. To learn. If you can do this, you would sooner learn how to recognise people by their posts.

Because, in so doing, you lifted a psychological barrier.

Who says almondjoy is temperamental? Hmmmm! You saw, what you looked for. Please try again!
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Nobody: 5:25am On Jun 19, 2008
@ topic

I'll say yes.
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Okanran(m): 10:47am On Jun 19, 2008
Great responses y'all. Particularly Creamish n Olanajim.

@Olanajim,

Bros I no tell u sey I dey find partner/date for nairaland ooooh angry. Maybe u need to take another look @ my original post. I simply wanted contributions from peeps to help guide others who might be seeking date (like you rightly noticed).

But its all good . Your responses are fantastic keep it comming.

For prospective daters, I'd say shine ya eyes well well. There is simply no known way you can judge someone by what they post on Cyber-space[i][/i]. Except of course the person is ordinary. grin. iN MOST CASES PEOPLE TEND TO BE WHO THEY AREN'T IN CYBER-SPACE OR LIVE A LIFE OF FANTASY THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN DREEAMING OF. Who knows I might be President Yardua, tryna get my groove on grin. FOOD FOR THOUGHT, NO?
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by smooooooth: 5:06pm On Jun 19, 2008
'poster, nope u cant, most nairalanders have dual-personality, they have a nairaland person and their real self, some of the ones i know personnally are not what they post,if i mention some u wont blive,expecially the maniacs on the sexuality thread.
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Okanran(m): 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2008
Spot on bro, my thoughts exactly. grin No need mentioning anyone's name. A lot of us know better than to take cyber personalities serious.

Na all those omo mummies/daddies wey dey fain dream date make una helep me advice.

Just my fiity(50) cent grin
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by olanajim(m): 6:55pm On Jun 19, 2008
@poster,
I was generalising. Not refering to you in particular.

You know what? Go to campus and see how many chicks dress to kill. They talk as if they have the whole world. But in their privates, they are living on borrowed lives.

Have you ever date a gal only to find that everything she told you were lies?

How many people guys and gals in real life, would reveal their negative traits on first contact?

As it happened offline, so does it online. If you can't detect a liar offline, then don't try to do so online.

The good thing is that, it had worked for me. I made friends online and most of them are now my real friends. I also detected crooks too. They know themselves.

Whatever we do, we must wear our thinking caps. Failure to do so carry heavy penalty.
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by HRhotness(f): 6:59pm On Jun 19, 2008
You cant completely tell a persons personality by their posts,

especially if they have seized the opportunity to create an alter ego,

it is however inevitable that some facets of our personality slips through without our knowledge
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by olanajim(m): 9:29pm On Jun 19, 2008
Thank you. That is part of what I was trying to draw attention to.

It is inevitable that a true part of them be revealed as you get to know them. That is why I recommended using ones head and not heart.

Well, we aint endowed equally.

In a world where some people never even know their wives is sleeping with their house boy, we can't trust everyone to be cyberintelligent. It is anti social.

There will always be wise and foolish in every community.
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by beauteous(f): 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2008
poster,u re so ryt.pple ve a way of influencing you nd making you what yu're not(gud or bad).like i alwaz say:you fake diff things(includin personality) at diff tyms in diff places.
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Okanran(m): 9:50am On Jun 20, 2008
Una welly-done ma peeps wink. Starry eyed, young, date seekers make una take heed oooh, make una xpression no come become cry.

Luv y'all grin
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Godalone(m): 11:51am On Jun 20, 2008
Not really,because nairaland at times influences ones response to issues.
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by micklplus(m): 1:19pm On Jun 20, 2008
@ poster.
Well, it depends ! In some cases, u can ascertain his/ her personality but, it could be very difficult a thing to do in some other cases. Just becareful and do your thing !

Godalone:

Not really,because nairaland at times influences ones response to issues.

U are right

stillwater:

@ topic

I'll say yes.

Nice one

Personally, i will most likely ascertain your personality by your posts.
Cheers
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by honeydrop(f): 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2008
in some ways u can really ascertain someones personality,
i fell in love with someone i have never seen because of wat we talk about.
i guess its kinda similar!
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Nobody: 2:42am On Jun 23, 2008
TOH:

Depends

You can usually tell those who are full of shit.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
You never fail to bring a smile to my face, Toyin!
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Mesmerize(f): 4:21am On Jun 23, 2008
I can see Negro posting here. . .*getting ready for his "essay" *
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by NegroNtns(m): 4:43am On Jun 23, 2008
Siena, are you flirting with my babe? :-)

@poster, welcome. You are not new here, are you?
In physical encounter we are all MASQUERADES with a face mask. In virtual encounters we are all masquerades with multitude face masks. This is Negro talking to you, I can step out and step back in here as Meshimo and assume a different archetype and persona. Meshimo was registered for formal engagements. Negro was registered for kick-ass. Two face masks. Well, Meshimo doesn't come in any more. You will expect that I am left with one mask. No! Negro, in his encounters on the board has evolved.
I say this to loop back to the bold keyword on top- MASQUERADE. Every culture in Nigeria has a masquerade deity. But how many of us know what it symbolizes? The masquerade is the UNCONSCIOUS. It is amongst us to remind of who we are. In Western world, the CLOWN is the masquerade. What do you see on them? Colorful and mesmerizing displays that is positioned to catch your gaze and get your interested in their performance. Well, that's what we are unto one another - we are living the unconscious part of who we are but that is a part of us that if not properly disguised in colorful regalia and alluring identities is quite ugly to behold.
Lol, give Glory to the Wisdom of the Ancients
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by NegroNtns(m): 4:47am On Jun 23, 2008
@post

There u go! Right there is a perfect example of signatures. Mesmerize know my signature and spotted me out before I even landed.

@mesmerize, oh lawdy lawdy, u trouble maker. Where is mah thunder rod? I knew it, I knew it! Toyin
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Mesmerize(f): 4:50am On Jun 23, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

@post

There u go! Right there is a perfect example of signatures. Mesmerize know my signature and spotted me out before I even landed.
Of course, how can I not know my twin brother?

Negro_Ntns:

@mesmerize, oh lawdy lawdy, u trouble maker. Where is mah thunder rod? I knew it, I knew it! Toyin
There are two toyins on this thread, which one na?
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by NegroNtns(m): 4:53am On Jun 23, 2008
U r right, there is the fleety trouble maker and there is the razor tongued one. What happened, got banned again? I'm not surprised but I'm worried.
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Mesmerize(f): 4:57am On Jun 23, 2008
awwwwwww, so your head is not full of "igbe pepeye" after all. . .you're worried? Then tell oga to unban me na!

Who is razor mouth and troublemaker? I'll tell TOH you think she's a razor mouth troublemaker
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Okanran(m): 1:18pm On Jun 23, 2008
Thanks for the welcome Negro, would u care to expatiate on the question, (You are not new here, are you?)
u asked me in ur earlier post.
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by NegroNtns(m): 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2008
Oh Okanran, yes. I was only going by this,

"Here goes my first topic since I joined y'all"
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Okanran(m): 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2008
Bro,

Believe it or not, I just joined last week and am I luving it or what!!! grin grin grin. Anyways thanx for ur contribution and interest.

Have fun like nefa b4 ma broda grin
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by iice(f): 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2008
To a certain degree yes, and no. People are devious
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by Gamine(f): 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2008
Yes n No. Its d internet. people cn b whoevr they want to be, really.
Re: Can U Really Ascertain Someone's Personality By What He/she Posts? by prettycute: 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2008
To be sincere,internet give chances for some ppl to hide themselves or reveal their interself.for my experience,i ve met both good n bad ppl.its ur anexperience to be weary of.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Single Mums And Maybe Dads Living In London / Need A Girlfriend In Lagos / Lagos People Let's Hookup On Here Drop Ur BB Pins Nd What'sapp No

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.