Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,502 members, 7,904,912 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:32 PM

Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest (19765 Views)

Pope Accepts Bishop’s Resignation After Affair With Married Parishioner / Pope Accepts Bishop’s Resignation After Affair With Married Parishioner / Sex Abuse: Pope Accepts Resignation Of Irish Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by Nigerianmovie(m): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
Built2last:

i didnt know that Jesus was sleeping in the bush all through his stay on earth....i am not sure you know much about the personality of Jesus.

He died and soldiers were dragging his cloths....do people drag for rags?....those cloths must be very expensive. He was so wealthy that he always sends Judas the treasurer to go and give money to the poor.

giving to the poor is needful in christianity but dont tell me to be poor as an evidence that i am a christian.

Silver and gold are mine says the Lord...do poor people own gold? even God is wealthy.

HOW DOES HUMILITY AND SIMPLICITY MEAN BEING POOR
that's how u read ur Bible without understanding and then ur pastors capitalize on it and make u more gullible.
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by mko2005: 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
emmasege: And did he forbid marriage for his apostles?. By the way, u can never equate the Lord Jesus with the Pope. U can only compare him with another mortal in the Lord's vineyard.
You haven't answered my question. Peter is refered to as the first Pope, so how come his successors were and are still not married. Is it God's specific instruction or human tradition. Am aware of the portion of the Bible that supports celebacy for the Kingdom cause, but it's never mandatory and Paul even attests to that when he acknowledged that he also had the right to marry just like other apostles. He simply chose not to. Back to my question, why are Peter's successors not married?
Becos the bible was silent on whether Paul was once married or .... and the church decided to be quiet on that one so as not to impute to the bible! If not for the fact that Peters Mother in-law was mentioned,many would hav claimed he was never married !
Some claim today that since Apostle Paul was a Sanhedrin before conversion and one of the criteria for becoming a Sanhedrin is you must be married,that Apostle Paul was a Sanhedrin and was most definitely married but most probably the wife left him after his conversion. I don't believe this account simply becos the bible never recorded it !
But we all thank God that we can be pastors as either singles or married !

God help us all
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by mko2005: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
Built2last:

giving to the poor is needful in christianity but dont tell me to be poor as an evidence that i am a christian.

Poor people don't give ! You need to have something before you can give something.

God help us
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by moshino(m): 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
alienvirus: I have VW beetle for Mr Adeboye and Peugeot 504 (300, 000km) mileage for Oyedepo.

No talk am loud o, else those 2 will combine and see bad vision 4u o! But if you get any 2014 Bombardier Jet, maybe they'll consider better vision 4u.

1 Like

Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by Built2last: 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
[quote author=obi123] erm is that the issue ? of course many people can afford that in Africa, no be jet they flow like water so[/quo

both jets and popes car...how many people in Africa can afford it?
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by justplainpaul(m): 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
All this things nah arrangee. all of them dey illuminati. nah illuminati script dem dey play for una so.

1 Like

Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by lemmings(m): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
idealsico: Catholics and all these their new pope's drama.Headship of a church goes beyond these posturing.Apart from the humility drama in what way has he imparted spirituality into his followership.In as much as I believe in humility I dont accede to the recent dramatization.Pope Francis please preach and teach your followers how to make heaven and quit drama for entertainers.Don't get me wrong.If the poor gives a car like this because it is all he can offer,that's okay but if on the other hand a wealthy man in his right senses donate such car while cruising in exotic cars it will amount to an act of wickedness.

Lol.. That's all the catholic church preaches about.. Make heaven and have faith. You hardly hear the popular 'prosperity on earth shall be yours' messages you hear at other places...
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by mikestate: 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
[quote author=Ranks007]A perfect example of a the Devil in a sheep's clothing. God will definitely reward everyone expressing vain and idle words here. Since the present pope is an example humility as you guys claim why didn't any of his predecessors express these so-called-fake humility before his time today. In fact why has all of his predecessor behave in like manner from the onset.

They had to frolic with the who is who in the society, drove in bulletproof Cars,...had questionable sums of monies in their Vatican enclosure international law enforcement agency where barred from investigating. Today this generation of vipers with shallow mentality of things of the spirit, ignorant of satanic systematically organized settings with blind hatred to Creator and His prophets expect Men ordained by God to drive in kiosk like car because one satanic angel has pretended to do so...abi God na poverty stricken God abi?

READ, READ AND READ YOUR BIBLE!!!!!

Look at the people God blessed in the Bible...how did their life turn out...Jesus was poor so that His followers might through this grace be rich. The the lives of Melchisedek, Abraham, Isaac, Jabez, Daniel, Job, Jacob, Esther, her Uncle, Moab, Joseph in which the house of Portifah was blessed...etc and finally the children of Israel...even till date the Jews are the most blessed in the world and the most hated tribe in the world. Yet they dictate to every government of the world how things should be run. Look at the owner of facebook, Microsoft, Chelsea owner, and host of CEOs and many others I cant remember for now or will you say its freemasonry that is blessing them?

Is there any technology without a Jew? No......these people are all Jews or have a jewish lineage the same people God promised because of the trusted friendship of Abraham - God decided to bless them and promised they will rule the nations of the earth. That's nations shall come to them. I am saying all these examples are in consonant of the belief that whom God has truly blessed, my dear true wealth is yours. Yes some men of God or even fake ones do abuse the right, but does it mean the genuine ones should not enjoy what the Lord has in stock for them?

Guy..u ve a big mouth..u are not in the position to call anybody Demonic let alone the Pope of the church....allow judgement for God..only d fish whose mouth is open that get hooked by d hook
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by emmasege: 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
So after the reign of the first married Pope, the church was directed/instructed by the Holy Spirit to disallow their priests from marrying?. I will suggest that you make no further comments on this, because it's obvious you just want to support celebacy of the priests even when there are no biblical basis for that. Thank God that it's boldly recorded in the Bible that Peter was married, u guys would have told us that celebacy has been, since the birth of the church. Peter was selected as the Shepherd in spite of his marital status, there were probably one or two other guys among the disciples who were not married but who were not chosen to lead the church. Take it or leave it, enforcing celebacy for christian leaders is human tradition which Christ even talked about when He was physically on earth. This does not mean that we still can not have a few others like Apostle Paul who will choose not to marry, but u can't knock anybody out to function in ANY CAPACITY in Christ's church simply because he's married.
Onye~Ego:

Its in d church tradition handed down by Christ himself... When christ was ascending he gave power to men... To do according to d directives and d instruction of the spirit
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by emmasege: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
So after the reign of the first married Pope, the church was directed/instructed by the Holy Spirit to disallow their priests from marrying?. I will suggest that you make no further comments on this, because it's obvious you just want to support celebacy of the priests even when there are no biblical basis for that. Thank God that it's boldly recorded in the Bible that Peter was married, u guys would have told us that celebacy has been, since the birth of the church. Peter was selected as the Shepherd in spite of his marital status, there were probably one or two other guys among the disciples who were not married but who were not chosen to lead the church. Take it or leave it, enforcing celebacy for christian leaders is human tradition which Christ even talked about when He was physically on earth. This does not mean that we still can not have a few others like Apostle Paul who will choose not to marry, but u can't knock anybody out to function in ANY CAPACITY in Christ's church simply because he's married.
Onye~Ego:

Its in d church tradition handed down by Christ himself... When christ was ascending he gave power to men... To do according to d directives and d instruction of the spirit
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by alienvirus: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
Huh? Do you know how much I bought ny beetle ni?
moshino:

No talk am loud o, else those 2 will combine and see bad vision 4u o! But if you get any 2014 Bombardier Jet, maybe they'll consider better vision 4u.

1 Like

Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by Built2last: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
Nigerian movie:

HOW DOES HUMILITY AND SIMPLICITY MEAN BEING POOR
that's how u read ur Bible without understanding and then ur pastors capitalize on it and make u more gullible.

Did you say gullible..naa, not me...our positions here has nothing to do with any pastor. I give to the church, i give to the poor arround me. i give when i see a need withing my reach.
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by tony5002x: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2013
What I understand from this post is that "gift are not to rejected no matter how big or small" Notting much Notting less. For this has not taught me the way to heaven.anybody can be humble and yet not rightious.

1 Like

Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by eameh30: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2013
idealsico: Catholics and all these their new pope's drama.Headship of a church goes beyond these posturing.Apart from the humility drama in what way has he imparted spirituality into his followership.In as much as I believe in humility I dont accede to the recent dramatization.Pope Francis please preach and teach your followers how to make heaven and quit drama for entertainers.Don't get me wrong.If the poor gives a car like this because it is all he can offer,that's okay but if on the other hand a wealthy man in his right senses donate such car while cruising in exotic cars it will amount to an act of wickedness.
Thou U call it drama but that's the true picture of Jesus; very humble
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by EMMABC1(m): 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
which other way to teach the faithful how to make heaven if not preach and demonstrate humility and discipline. That is what the pope has done. Jesus said for u you to make heaven u must be like one of these little children- humility
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by mko2005: 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
Onye~Ego:

Its in d church tradition handed down by Christ himself... W[b]hen christ was ascending he gave power to men... To do according to d directives and d instruction of the spirit[/b]
@bolded lol ! How come we criticize the Oyedepos and adeboyes for having private Jets since Jesus never had one and we turn around to claim that Christ gave power to men to do as instructed by the holy spirit ! I think they also acquire private Jets based on the instruction of the holy spirit and Reverend King burnt his members based on the instructions he received from the holy spirit!
My advice is we should not do anything that contradict the scriptures as found in the holy bible period.The same spirit that aided the inspiration of the spirit is the same at work today.It does not change.It does not contradict it self.If you receive any revelation that contradict the scriptures as enshrined in the bible,it means that revelation MUST be from a contrary spirit. A Muslim colleague of mine said the same spirit that gave Jesus the word gave mohamed the contradictory words thereafter-How wrong !

God help us
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by Tinyemeka(m): 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
PRAYER AGAINST BRIBERY AND & CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA
Father in Heaven, you always provide for all your creatures so that all may live as you have willed. You have blessed our country Nigeria with rich human and natural resources to be used to your honour and glory and for the well-being of every Nigeria.
We are deeply sorry for the wrong use of these your gifts and blessing through act of injustice, bribery and corruption, as a result of which many of our people are hungry, sick ignorant and defenseless.
You alone can heal us and our nation of this sickness.
We beg you, touch our lives and the lives of our leaders and people so that we may all realise the evil of bribery and corruption and work hard to eliminate it.
Raise up for us God fearing people and leaders who care for us and who will lead us in the paths of peace, prosperity and progress.
We ask these through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by mko2005: 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2013
EMMA BC:
which other way to teach the faithful how to make heaven if not preach and demonstrate humility and discipline. That is what the pope has done. Jesus said for u you to make heaven u must be like one of these little children- humility
In submission to the word of God !

God help us
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by qhiwegh(m): 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
How can this pope and Oyedepo and TB Joshua serve the same God?

As for me, I want to serve the God of wealth and blessing, not the one of humility and poverty.
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by skillsmix: 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
itsmayiela:

"The god we serve is not a poor god and so i will reject your gift"

"Sow as much as God has given to you, pay your tithe, i shall not collect this meagre gift because you are a multimillionaire that can afford a Lamborghini"

Did you read the part where it was clearly stated that from an Italian priest? Really, so God is a go of the rich abi?
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by skillsmix: 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
qhiwegh: How can this pope and Oyedepo and TB Joshua serve the same God?

As for me, I want to serve the God of wealth and blessing, not the one of humility and poverty.

And after you die, you will proceed to take your wealth and blessings to heaven.
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by iHustle(m): 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2013

You and your 5 disciples are classical morons. The Pope is not acting. Whatever a Pope or the catholic church does always makes headlines. Stop the hating and wake up, it's past 3 PM already.

1 Like

Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by qhiwegh(m): 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
skillsmix:

And after you die, you will proceed to take your wealth and blessings to heaven.

Do you think Heaven is poverty-filled? However much one is blessed in this life, God will bless one even more in Heaven. But does this mean we should not enjoy the blessings on earth? Poverty is poverty. If it's not good enough to be in heaven, it's not good enough to be on earth.
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2013
Built2last: I need to state clearly that using a Limo or 1960 Datsun does not guaranty going to heaven after life. also avoiding judging others with what they use. when we show before our maker we shall answer individually. poor or rich alike.

On the other hand lets not forget that Jesus rode on a customised donkey into Jerusalem. On a donkey no one has sat.

Christianity has everything to do with your heart towards God and humanity.

The pope has a bullet proof ride that costs the budget of some states in Naija...Its just a gift and wevery sane persone should recieve gifts with cheerfulness.

mind you i am neither a pastor nor a priest.
Which customised donkey are you talking about, pls don't turn the bible upside down.
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by skillsmix: 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2013
Built2last:

i didnt know that Jesus was sleeping in the bush all through his stay on earth....i am not sure you know much about the personality of Jesus.

He died and soldiers were dragging his cloths....do people drag for rags?....those cloths must be very expensive. He was so wealthy that he always sends Judas the treasurer to go and give money to the poor.

Silver and gold are mine says the Lord...do poor people own gold? even God is wealthy.

Please research the crucification of Christ. They dressed him like a king and mocked him. The cloth they were dragging for was not his personally but those which they put on him to mock him as the king of the jews.
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by qhiwegh(m): 3:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: Which customised donkey are you talking about, pls don't turn the bible upside down.

The donkey had shiny spinning rims, had a Bose surround sound stereo system, GPS system, heated/cooled leather seats with massage features in different modes (slow and gentle, fast and gentle, slow and vigorous, fast and vigorous). How do you not know this? Do you ever read the Bible?
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by worldman2: 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2013
colombiana: Till tomorow I go still yarn say catholic is the only church the others na business venture. For all of u that want to attack my post i think it wud be a waste of time if u and ur family members avnt givin ur 1b naira for ur auditorium
lie were is deeper life church till tomorrow WF kumuyi still drive on 505 peogot
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by iHustle(m): 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2013
emmasege: Pls tell them. I want to hear Rhema-the revealed word from the Pope, the kind that Peter and other apostles preached that sinners' hearts were pricked and they were the ones asking the apostles what they needed to do in order to get saved.
By the way, I am yet to get a strong response to my query with respect to celebacy among catholic priests. Apostle Peter is often referred to as the first Pope, but he was married according to biblical accounts. But how come we now have unmarried popes down the line, and why is it enforced for catholic priests?
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by mko2005: 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2013
Well the pope has spoken but i thank God i don't follow the pope but Jesus !
See below words of the master Jesus HIMSELF:

"You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

—John 8:23,24

"He who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

—Luke 10:16

"Whoever believes in him (Jesus) is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. This is the verdict: light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light."

—John 3:18-21

"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

—John 11:25,26
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well."

—John 14:6

"The Father judges no-one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honour the Son just as they honour the Father. He who does not honour the Son does not honour the Father, who sent him. I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man. Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice.
"

—John 5:21-28
Concerning conscience,the bible said for those who never heard about Jesus or HIS father before their death had conscience given to them and would be judged based on that BUT NOT FOR UNBELIEVERS WHO HEARD JESUS BUT FAILED TO BELIVE IN HIM AND HIS WORDS.-Hell things folks ! See below for urself :
John 8:23-24''But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

God help us
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by Tinyemeka(m): 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
The kind of comments being posted here should give the clergy serious cause for concern. We really do live in the End Times. sad
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by CiloCharles(m): 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
True Example
Re: Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
Onye~Ego:

*shivering*... Hey give ur life to christ.. Am afraid for ur SOUL.... I was once like u too (a philosopher)... Until God touched me in a way i was left changed for good... U too can

Are you crazy? How is the way I choose to live my life your headache? Im an atheist and so?

Jesus ko, hail-zeus ni....... Live and let others live. Once again, kudos to the pope. Call me when your pastor can do such

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Religious violators list: We are disappointed Nigeria was delisted - USCIRF / 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis / Use Traditional Means To Find Ozubulu Killers - Aloysius Ikegwuonu To Monarchs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.