Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,001 members, 7,939,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:28 PM

Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests (12223 Views)

Updated:Happening Now : Main Market Onitsha Shut Down, Biafra Protest (pics) / Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
ngozievergreen:

u have been ranting up n down without making sense.
Who exactly are u calling uneducated?
Nne, you dont have to dignify that riff raff with a response... With his CV he still sweeps the streets of Benin...you can understand why he's frustrated that those not 'opportuned to be in University' with him are better than him... Must be really hurtful

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
Adm. Yamamoto:
These people are simply criminals and are already using a move to organize the society as an alibi for their criminal ways of life. Did I read Obi Action Governor?? They are just putting him on a pedestal, plus Ibos like titles and accolades no matter how empty and false it is! Well, let them just stay there and contribute money to go and build a mega drug complex to house the 10,000 traders. It is time they stopped selling fake drugs killing off their people and in fact, drugs from anywhere to the east of the Niger bridge should not be allowed to cross into Delta State, talk less of Edo before it makes its way to the SW abeg!

where did u see the fake drugs?

See, all these sentiments are unnecessary.

Drugs from d east of d bridge have always been in Lagos or how do some drugs in d SW get there?
Aside d foreign made drugs/ those owned by foreigners in Nig, many pharmaceuticals are in Enugu, onitsha , Obosi eg Juhel,etc; and their products are all over Nigeria n WA.
So ur panic is damn too late.
Its either u concentrate on d topic or u quit crying,after all, Its nt a crying matter yet.
We are not talking abt agbo here.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
INNO18: Nne, you dont have to dignify that riff raff with a response... With his CV he still sweeps the streets of Benin...you can understand why he's frustrated that those not 'opportuned to be in University' with him are better than him... Must be really hurtful

who even told him some of dem are not graduates.
Whats wrong in selling drugs? Must one wait upon d govt for everything like they do? Or get under employed in one business centre instead of taking ur future in ur own hands.
At least, they are not agberos and omo oniles. These are yoruba professional courses.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by bloggernaija: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
No solid country ever allows drugs to be sold and medication dispensed as it is done in nigeria.
Only educated and qualified pharmacist should be allowed to own a chemist ,which is franchised out by a larger company ,and capable of taking out a large insurance .
There goes the problem we keep talking about in this country.people will always resist change.
I want to use this opportunity to ask the SW governor to start working on this issue and make sure that

1at least one large space is reserved for a pharmacy in every shopping mall built.
2to pass necessary legislation to restrict and regulate licenses for the operation of pharmacy.
3to draw up a list of all certified and qualified pharmacy owners and those unqualified be weeded out.

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
Adm. Yamamoto:

I am sure you've never lived a day of your life outside Nigeria or you are just being partisan with your tribal people who even Dora Akunyuli was almost killed by them because of NAFDAC's fight against fake drugs. Have you ever taken Panadol that worked in 10 mins? Never because it has been over-diluted and all the active ingredients are below the threshold to be effective. Over here, when I take Tylenol it works very fast and very effectively so much so that when I am coming to Nigeria, I better remember to buy the drugs I will use in Nigeria. It is not news that capsule antibiotics are very ineffective in Nigeria because your people would replace it with dustin powder or mix it so it is less effective and poison to the system ultimately. If you like deny it, but no other parts of Nigeria are known with fake drugs. Not north or south west! The ideology that drives fake drugs (and similar crimes) is exclusively igbo: MONEY is ALL and ALL and they MUST get it at any cost - their life or the life of their children, family or others. Prove to me that you as an ibo man have not been told that if you are NOT RICH, no one will listen to you in your village, in the family meeting, in your clan, etc. This is why during Christmas and similar events, ibos go to the village to show off and put up the facade that they are now rich after living in Hausaland or Yorubaland.

Is it not an irony that the only person that has so far been convicted for producing fake drugs is a Yoruba man, the producer of 'MY PIKIN' teething medication.

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by hippyzuki(f): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
Well in as much as I am from Onitsha and i take exception to some of the comments on this thread, still we can talk from now till tomorrow we know the truth these people are responsible for most of the fake and substandard drugs in the market today. Government should not out rightly shut them down but should look for a better way to streamline and monitor their activities. Shutting them down is like closing all the filling stations in Lagos and telling us to only buy fuel from nnpc.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by bakynes(m): 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
liberty300: Who said the drugs are fake or did you just assume because its happening in the east. Patent drugs aren't fake drugs joor. After,they'll be making noise that they are educated but don't know the difference between patent and fake

So the 10,000 drug traders selling their drugs in an open market all have licenses to sell drugs? If they have license in the first place they wldnt even be selling in an open market. So that makes them sell Fake drugs.
Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
Now the usual suspects are flooding in here to rationalize a purely ethical issue from their tribal and jaundiced view.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
This singular act of riding Nigeria, and Onitsh in particular, of fake drugs could make Goodluck Jonathan lose the support of the South East now and even in 2015. Let's not forget how Anambra State people assured Dora Akuyinli that she won't be voted for in the senatorial election for clamping down of fake drug sellers when she was the NAFDAC boss. They rather voted for Christ Ngige under his Yoruba party, ACN. Before this time, they made attempts at killing her.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Vincent41(m): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2013
Thankgodifeduba:

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/09/12/onitsha-shut-down-following-protests-over-ban-on-drugs-sale-in-open-market/

IF DIS HAPPENS,DEN NO WERE TO BUY ABORTION DRUG CHEAP AGAIN FOR ME....LOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
bakynes:

So the 10,000 drug traders selling their drugs in an open market all have licenses to sell drugs? If they have license in the first place they wldnt even be selling in an open market. So that makes them sell Fake drugs.

The type of license the poster must be referring to must be the one issued by the drug-cabal that goes by the name of Union in the market.

No worthy government agency will license un-qualified people to sell wholesale or retail-dispense potentially harmful medications.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Is it not an irony that the only person that has so far been convicted for producing fake drugs is a Yoruba man, the producer of 'MY PIKIN' teething medication.

Good....because here in SW, there are many whistle-blowers that will gladly expose such non-omoluabi attitude.

The fact that some are not exposing such fake drugs manufacturers doesn't exonerate them whatsoever.

10 Likes

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Bizibi(m): 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
hippyzuki: Well in as much as I am from Onitsha and i take exception to some of the comments on this thread, still we can talk from now till tomorrow we know the truth these people are responsible for most of the fake and substandard drugs in the market today. Government should not out rightly shut them down but should look for a better way to streamline and monitor their activities. Shutting them down is like closing all the filling stations in Lagos and telling us to only buy fuel from nnpc.
gbam!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
bloggernaija: No solid country ever allows drugs to be sold and medication dispensed as it is done in nigeria.
Only educated and qualified pharmacist should be allowed to own a chemist ,which is franchised out by a larger company ,and capable of taking out a large insurance .
There goes the problem we keep talking about in this country.people will always resist change.
I want to use this opportunity to ask the SW governor to start working on this issue and make sure that

1at least one large space is reserved for a pharmacy in every shopping mall built.
2to pass necessary legislation to restrict and regulate licenses for the operation of pharmacy.
3to draw up a list of all certified and qualified pharmacy owners and those unqualified be weeded out.

1.) Which country allows the police to collect #20 from motorists?

2.) Which country allows people to drive against traffic?

3.) Which country allows meat to be sold in unhygienic conditions garnished with flies?

4.) Which country allows child labour?

5.) Which country allows child marriage?

7.) Which country allows people to sell food on top open sewage?

A lot of things are wrong with Nigeria and you can't just single out a sector. Drug distribution should be more tightly regulated.

The laws are already there just like in every other sector but not duly implemented and this is not limited to the medicine market.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Bizibi(m): 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2013
Na wa,and people still patronise them,*take a deep breath* na God dey save person sha
Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

Good....because here in SW, there are many whistle-blowers that will gladly expose such non-omoluabi attitude.

The fact that some are not exposing such fake drugs manufacturers doesn't exonerate them whatsoever.
Just in case you don't know, 70% of medicine consumed in Nigeria goes through the Idumota market and it is still the Igbo traders that run the market.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by highmood(m): 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2013
wheel barrow: 1. This is a welcome development. This is where fake drugs that have been killing Nigerians come from. 10,000 drug sellers in one market!!! I'm sure 95% of them don't even have SSCE.

2. I wonder what Ibo people would be saying if this was happening in Lagos. It would have been articles, ultimatums, threats etc. All we would have been hearing is how people are envious of Ibos' success. Now that its one of them that's dealing with them they can only cry and whine.

3. Thank God I'm 1st to comment. If you're jealous, the you're on a long thing....
. You are very stupid for your comment, fine you were the first to comment but u never spoke what is expected of you. If u want to condemn the act fine go ahead and do so don't generalize issues. I as an Ibo boy don't even like the fact that d people are dealing in such biz in illegal manner. I applaud the govt for that doesn't development to sanitize the drud mkt though more needs to be done and I hope the next governor builds more shops and checkmate the traders activities. Meanwhile iam,in a,highmood now. shocked
Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by highmood(m): 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2013
wheel barrow: 1. This is a welcome development. This is where fake drugs that have been killing Nigerians come from. 10,000 drug sellers in one market!!! I'm sure 95% of them don't even have SSCE.

2. I wonder what Ibo people would be saying if this was happening in Lagos. It would have been articles, ultimatums, threats etc. All we would have been hearing is how people are envious of Ibos' success. Now that its one of them that's dealing with them they can only cry and whine.

3. Thank God I'm 1st to comment. If you're jealous, the you're on a long thing....
. You are very stupid for your comment, fine you were the first to comment but u never spoke what is expected of you. If u want to condemn the act fine go ahead and do so don't generalize issues. I as an Ibo boy don't even like the fact that d people are dealing in such biz in illegal manner. I applaud the govt for that doesn't development to sanitize the drud mkt though more needs to be done and I hope the next governor builds more shops and checkmate the traders activities. Meanwhile iam,in a,highmood now. shocked

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Bizibi(m): 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

3.) Which country allows meat to be sold in unhygienic conditions garnished with flies?

A lot of things are wrong with Nigeria and you can't just single out a sector. Drug distribution should be more tightly regulated.

The laws are already there just like in every other sector but not duly implemented and this is not limited to the medicine market.
no 7 is something else kai

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hmmm...Currently speeding on dat expressway wit ma X5
Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

hahahahahahaha.
They have very short memory, these ppl.
Both the onyibo pharmaceutical and d local agbo they make are injurious to health
Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
The market should be closed permanently. Whoever wants to deal on drugs should hire a certified pharmacist and build a dedicated drugstore.

Fullstop!
Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Livinusc(m): 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
Dr Walter: Gud muv
okwanu ogodo mmadu ka ewu n'ata,What federal govt should d is to set out a committee dat ll fish out d fake from d original so dat pple biz ll not b cripple

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Shut-down Over Drugs Ban Protests by Bizibi(m): 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Doubts Surround Alleged Attack On Oduah’s Car / Ijaws/niger Deltans Were Never Igbos/Biafrans - Stop Stealing Their Identity. / Our Victories At This Weekend's Bye Elections Shows People Trusts Buhari - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.