Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,144 members, 7,880,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:43 PM

Advice On My Kia Cerato - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On My Kia Cerato (4695 Views)

I Have A Problem With My KIA Cerato / Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 / Brand New Kia Cerato Vs Used Japanese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
I had an accident some weeks back with my kia cerato (2010 model,I think)which my hubby bought for me in 2010(brand new), please do you advice I sell it off like that or repair and sell it.
the accident affected the front bonnet and some component in it like the battery , wind screen and the driver side( both the door and the window) . I cant explain it o . maybe I should just upload the pix( which I don't have now).
my hubby showed a workshop the pix and they requested about 500k to repair while the local work shop requested abt 300k when they saw it. but he doubts the price, he thinks its low and doesn't want to commit to it and then later for them to request for more money.
anyway, the bottom line is we want to sell it, should we repair and sell or just sell it that way?

thank you
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by 9icetoo(m): 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
happimis: I had an accident some weeks back with my kia cerato (2010 model,I think)which my hubby bought for me in 2010(brand new), please do you advice I sell it off like that or repair and sell it.
the accident affected the front bonnet and some component in it like the battery , wind screen and the driver side( both the door and the window) . I cant explain it o . maybe I should just upload the pix( which I don't have now).
my hubby showed a workshop the pix and they requested about 500k to repair while the local work shop requested abt 300k when they saw it. but he doubts the price, he thinks its low and doesn't want to commit to it and then later for them to request for more money.
anyway, the bottom line is we want to sell it, should we repair and sell or just sell it that way?

thank you
post the pix happimis. some peeps here might give u a rough estimate of how much repairs will cost.
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
these are the pixs, pls advice

Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by baconline(m): 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
The pixs are not enough,post pixs of side view,if possible the under carriage. Also did the airbags deploy?

1 Like

Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
The air bags didn't deploy. All the pixs I ve are taken from d front view.
Please advice using these pixs.
Should we repair b4 selling off or just sell it off like that knowing fully well that kia has low second hand value.
Thank you.
Please I need your advices urgently thank u
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
The only places affected is the front and the drivers side. Thank u
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
My advice?

Cut your losses, get rid of the car as it is. That damage is extensive, and whilst repairable, I don't think it's financially viable. From the limited pictures you've posted, you're going to need:

Hood.
Hood hinges.
Hood catch.
Slam panel.
Lower valence.
Bumper.
Windscreen.
Battery.
Windshield.
Headlamps.
Radiator.
Fenders.
Grille.
Driver's door.
Driver's window.

I'm particularly concerned neither of the airbags deployed, despite the whole front end being stoved in, you must have crashed it pretty hard and fast. There's every chance the chassis frame rails are distorted, the A-post on the driver's side is probably out of line too.

I would not have my wife drive a car that had been fed through a mincer like this one has.

2 Likes

Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
Thank you, I don't plan on driving that as I have a new one already. But I want us to sell it well either repaired or like that. I just want us to get the best price out of this.please if I was to repair this, how much do you think it will cost? And how much can it be sold after repairs? ( how much is the used ones going for?) And how much can I sell it off like this?( I now wondering how much they will buy it )

My hubby is too busy n doesn't have time now. I just want to help him make a good decision on how to get rid of it by selling it well.

Thank You Misters
Please I need your advices ,thank u
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ok please, how much can it be sold like that?
Thank u
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by roosebolton: 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
happimis: Thank you, I don't plan on driving that as I have a new one already. But I want us to sell it well either repaired or like that. I just want us to get the best price out of this.please if I was to repair this, how much do you think it will cost? And how much can it be sold after repairs? ( how much is the used ones going for?) And how much can I sell it off like this?( I now wondering how much they will buy it )

My hubby is too busy n doesn't have time now. I just want to help him make a good decision on how to get rid of it by selling it well.

Thank You Misters

I think you best bet is to cut your losses and sell the car as it is, ( for how much I have no idea but prepare for the worse, might want to sell as scrap) fixing the car for resale is not a good idea mainly due to the abysmal second hand value of kia products, I have seen a fairly used non accidented Kia Cerato 2010 being offered for less than 1M, and since you don't know have an idea how much it would cost to fix the car, you might end up at a loss. Be careful of people promising to fix for low, only to have the price jacked up after committing resources into the ride. Best cut your loss and sell the car for scraps, Good thing is God has blessed you with another ride
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by bigben3: 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
How about insurance on the car?

1 Like

Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by sultaan(m): 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
No airbag bought in Naija Crerato not a US market model close your eyes and sell it. it almost got you killed.

Do it auction style and take highest and best offer.
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by adanny01(m): 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
Look at it this way, while assuming the used version of this car nonaccidented is sold for 1m or less.

You pay 500k in the company to fix it. You get the car after 3-6months. You get a buyer, say after 2months who pays you 8-900k. If u used a dealer for the sale and he collects a commision, say 50k or less. In summary, you sold this car as is for 350k after investing 500k for +/- 8months.

Or

You sell the car now 3-400k or even higher and count your losses.

If you decide to use the road side mechanics, you get less job quality and may at the end spend the same 500k while the value you get for the car is lower.

From my personal experience! You will gain nothing from repairing it. You will also not get much from it now.

My company car had a fatal accident roll over but no impact), which a road side mechanic was used for repairs. 1.3m was contracted for the repair and after rejecting it 4times, the company spent more than 300k to fix things that were either glued or forcefully screwed in place. Not counting those problems i 'manage' till date or the substandard parts used that breakdown every now and then. That car was barely worth 1.5m at that point, for a car bought brand new @more than 7m in '07

While test driving, rearview mirror fell on me when i tried to adjust it. Next, as the 6pm sun shone straight to my eyes the next day, i tried to use the visor, it fell on me too. I cannot recycle air in the car with A/C, exhaust fumes will make you cry(its a 5 door). Lastly, when it rains, i wont say more.
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by earthrealm(m): 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
sell the car as scrap and cut ur losses...kia has no resale value in Nigeria...................unless u take the car to kia place, then u might hv a chance for a decent repair ops...but it will cost plenty
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Joel3(m): 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
i wonder how someone didn't get hurt on seeing that car. thats a terrible accident... well anyway. KIA as it is don't have value in the market. no body with is right mind will buy that car hoping to repair, you best belt atleast to get quick money for this car. just sell it as scrap. there are people who buy scrap and then busher it for spear parts. they will buy this car with some amount of money. do not repair or think to sell for someone who will repair. the only option on seeing that highly damage car is to busher as spear parts.

my 2 kobo

thank you.
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2013
Joel.:
i wonder how someone didn't get hurt on seeing that car. thats a terrible accident... well anyway. KIA as it is don't have value in the market. no body with is right mind will buy that car hoping to repair, you best belt atleast to get quick money for this car. just sell it as scrap. there are people who buy scrap and then busher it for spear parts. they will buy this car with some amount of money. do not repair or think to sell for someone who will repair. the only option on seeing that highly damage car is to busher as spear parts.

my 2 kobo

thank you.

Thanks sir, but I think the car can be repaired n used well. Its just the front and the driver's side that got damaged . I don't drive but I think someone who needs a cheap car can buy n repair this.
You wondering if someone got hurt-thank God no one did, my driver my driver had only glass cuts.
Thank u sir for the advise.
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
Thank you all.

Anyone interested in buying this kia cerato like this for N400, 000 should please contact me.
Thank you
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Joel3(m): 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
happimis: Ok please, how much can it be sold like that? Thank u
go to where they sell cars parts atleast you will see someone there who will follow you for inspection before pricing. if the engine is still intact. you might be lucky with 300k-400k.
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ok thanks sir, I know d engine is still intact.
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by adanny01(m): 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
I do wish i can buy it but am not in Lag which makes it more complicated for me. My trusted panel beater is far up in the north and cant get the car there.

Drop a number ma'am and more pictures of all sides of the car, dashboard, mileage, engine/size, interior for interested parties to call.

With the pic above no one can estimate how much to spend on fixing it. Does the car drive in this condition?
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Joel3(m): 5:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
i wish you are in benin, i would have help you or atleast connect you to motor parts sellers who would've buy this car.
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
Please reply this thread if you are interested. The pictures up there shows the affected areas. The other parts are intact.
Thank you
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
happimis: Thank you, I don't plan on driving that as I have a new one already. But I want us to sell it well either repaired or like that. I just want us to get the best price out of this.please if I was to repair this, how much do you think it will cost? And how much can it be sold after repairs? ( how much is the used ones going for?) And how much can I sell it off like this?( I now wondering how much they will buy it )

Thank You Misters
which make did u go 4?
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by segzicres(m): 4:57am On Sep 18, 2013
OP you need to post more pics. Those cars aren't made for repairs tbh
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
happimis: Thank you all.

Anyone interested in buying this kia cerato like this for N400, 000 should please contact me.

Thank you
U Gotta See Interested buyers in the Auto Section.
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Ikenna351(m): 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
Please, this thread has been turned to advert. Please, mail each other.

Op, please, start a sales thread of your car in Autos section and link this thread to it, if selling the car is what you have decided to do. Thanks.

Moderator.
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
oh ok thanks, sorry abt that thanks
Re: Advice On My Kia Cerato by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Innoson Does Not Make Any Military Vehicle / Honda Cars - Why Do They Get Such A Bad Rep / Driver Licence - Help, I'm Stuck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.