Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,819 members, 7,872,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! (9755 Views)

I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ silav,tanx.may God help us all.how far with nlng?

last poster,i shuld have corrected the error,i dont know how to do it.if you can share a few tips,i will appreciate it.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Benissues(m): 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
@OP.......jst go 2 ur initial post.....den scroll down!......u wil c ''mobdify,Quote,Report''.........den click on modify!!!..........
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by mkoabiola: 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
Pls,if dere 's any HND graduate dat has done hs PGD programme,shud signify,thus I can enrol for d PGD in ur alma mata.
Most of dese schools even discriminate HND for pgd programme.
I want to enroll for PGD Asap,
God bless as u share.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by RoseEze3(f): 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
Visit many of the job sites and you see a lot of grammatical errors and researches shows that our hnd holders are the culprits. They passed through school but school didn't pass through them. And they wanna equate themselves with bsc holders. Op is an obvious example. Mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ benissue, you just gave the procedure for correcting a post.

All i want is to correct the topic itself.

Thanks though.

At abiola,get your PGD form at FUT MINNA,or FUTA.it is a two-year program.i did mine @ fut minna.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ benissue,thanks.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by funmi15(f): 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
I have a B.Engr and I've worked with HND Engrs on the field. truth is they have more practical knowledge. can't really figure why people discriminate .
Don't worry HND holders,you are hotcakes in multinational firms.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by SilaV: 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
Originakalokalo: @ silav,tanx.may God help us all.how far with nlng?

last poster,i shuld have corrected the error,i dont know how to do it.if you can share a few tips,i will appreciate it.

Those of us that were not sent the negative feedback are still eagerly waiting to be called for an interview.Hopefully,the mails may sail-in this week.May HIS will be done in our lives.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Benissues(m): 10:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
@OP.........wen U click modify!!....it gives room 4 editin ur topic n d body of d post!!!!.......ve edited topics b4!!.....dat was hw i did it!!...........2 my HND holders instead of doin PGD 4 2yrs!.....why cnt U enrol in a University n start frm 3Level 4 4yrs course n 4Level 4 5yrs course?
I pray God help U all!!!!!!
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by mkoabiola: 10:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
Benissues: @OP.........wen U click modify!!....it gives room 4 editin ur topic n d body of d post!!!!.......ve edited topics b4!!.....dat was hw i did it!!...........2 my HND holders instead of doin PGD 4 2yrs!.....why cnt U enrol in a University n start frm 3Level 4 4yrs course n 4Level 4 5yrs course?
I pray God help U all!!!!!!

How possible is ds?
I do think HND starts from 2L.
Which sku accepts HND to 3L.
Am eager n willing to start.
Pls,share ur xperience.
Moreover,I av lower credit.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by sandammy(m): 11:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
RoseEze3: Visit many of the job sites and you see a lot of grammatical errors and researches shows that our hnd holders are the culprits. They passed through school but school didn't pass through them. And they wanna equate themselves with bsc holders. Op is an obvious example. Mtcheew.
Wherefore cometh thou SHE-GOAT STUPIDUS? Mars or Jupiter?
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by lukaino(m): 8:45am On Sep 16, 2013
Dean Olamide:

Dt awkward moment when u graduate with HND and Haaving Ur MBA and sametime running Ur BSC? SMH for u... Who u wan impress... Where did u drop ur PGD before u get. Ur MBA.....

Just Question +++o++++++

Going for a Bsc after MBA was not an easy decision. it was one borne out of some kind of frustration. Just imagine a scenario where you see a job advert clearly asking for "a good first degree" No equivalents... you'll agree with me that most blue chip companies in various sectors are guilty of this outright discrimination. They dont just want to see the HND even when you have the PGD.
To answer your question, i was able to go straight for my MBA(Uniben) because i had an Upper credit in my HND. Even now that i am running my Bsc programme, i was allowed to start at 300 level(Unilag) because of same Upper credit. After getting this BSc, i will now ses how they will scheme me out of any Job opening which i am qualified for. I just pity for those guys in Polytechnics right now, wish they know how tough it is out here.

1 Like

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 16, 2013
lukaino:

After getting this BSc, i will now ses how they will scheme me out of any Job opening which i am qualified for.

I hope you're below 25 sha.

1 Like

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by SilaV: 9:46am On Sep 16, 2013
lukaino:

Going for a B.sc after MBA was not an easy decision. it was one borne out of some kind of frustration. Just imagine a scenario where you see a job advert clearly asking for "a good first degree" No equivalents... you'll agree with me that most blue chip companies in various sectors are guilty of this outright discrimination. They dont just want to see the HND even when you have the PGD.
To answer your question, i was able to go straight for my MBA(Uniben) because i had an Upper credit in my HND. Even now that i am running my Bsc programme, i was allowed to start at 300 level(Unilag) because of same Upper credit. After getting this BSc, i will now ses how they will scheme me out of any Job opening which i am qualified for. I just pity for those guys in Polytechnics right now, wish they know how tough it is out here.

Good one,brother.I love your determination to excel. I made a similar move by applying through Direct Entry into 300L with my HND Upper Credit.Within the next twelve calendar months,I will be through by God's grace.The piece of advice I will give to HND holders with Upper credit is to go for a DE into 300L and not PGD.It takes 2 years to complete a PGD programme ,while it takes 3 years to complete a 5-year B.SC programme (starting from 300L):just a difference of 1 year. Again,the fact that one has a PGD does still not make the HND certificate "equivalent" to B.Sc,not even after you have gone for your Masters and PHD(if you are allowed to do so). Reference would always be made to your "first degree"(no disregard meant for those that had gone for PGD,please). Many multinationals like shell,Unilever,GSK,Halliburton,among others hardly employ HND graduates.Shell,for instance,prefers hiring OND(through SITP) and B.SC holders to HND graduates even if they have PGD and Masters.So,for those that have not gone for their PGD,I would say "pay the worthwhile sacrifice once and for all "and fulfill all righteousness. For HND graduates with Lower Credit,....hmmm...it takes a stronger commitment to go back to 200L having spent 5 years in the polytechnic.However,I have a few friends who had Lower Credit,went back to the university and are about to graduate.Some schools in the north,like FUTMINNA, do admit HND(lower Credit) into 300L:I have a friend that just graduated with First Class(Elect-Elect) from FUTMINNA who applied through HND(Lower Credit) Direct Entry.The point is that one should find a suitable job doing while running the programme because age might not be on ones side again to continue depending on guardians.For those that are already working with good pay,UNISA, University of Portsmouth may be a good flexible means of having a B.SC through an online (DL) top-Up programme.I have a couple of friends in my place of work that are running online top-up degree programme with the two schools I earlier mentioned,but I chose to go for a Nigerian University. HND graduates residing in Port-Harcourt environs could go to UNIPORT for a top-up degree programme specifically designed for HND holders.
The truth is we can become great in life with or without HND or even B.SC and what will be will always be.However,for some that hate discrimination and abhor being denied certain opportunities due to this singular factor,it is advisable that we do the needful.

All these may sound nonsensical to many;that why should we go through all these! All I will say is that I personally hate to complain over things I cannot control:we can only ''endure" it.No wonder an adage says,"A disease that cannot be cured must be endured."

2 Likes

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by emtar(m): 10:35am On Sep 16, 2013
THE ISSUE OF IMMIGRATION IN VALUE OF B.SC MORE THAN HND HAS BEEN SINCE INCEPTION. HND HOLDERS ARE BASICALLY TECHNOLOGIST ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD. THEY WERE NOT TOUGHT IN ANY OF THEIR COURSES BY PROFESSOR/S. WHAT A DOWN CERTIFICATE. THIS PROMPTED ME AFTER MY ND TO STUDIED IN UNIVERSITY FOR MY 1ST & 2ND DEGREE NOW. THE WORSE THING IS THAT THOSE HND HOLDER THAT CALLED THEM SELVES LECTURER IN POLYTECHNIC ARE NOT. THEY ARE AN INSTRUCTORS AND RECENT RESEARCH CONDUCTED REVEALED DAT DEY MAY BE WIPED OFF ANY FRM NOW
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by kayusbrown(m): 11:01am On Sep 16, 2013
So many things are wrong with the Nigerian Educational System. The discrimination against HND holders is just one of them and it is very unfortunate because it hinders the technological advancement of this nation. The HND programme is an ill-conceived programme. Progressive nations who used to run same programme have scrapped it (e.g. Ghana). Scrapping the HND programme still remains the permanent solution to the issue of discrimination. A practical way of going about that is for all HND holders to lead formidable protests via their alumni association to prevent the admission of candidates into the HND progaramme of their respective institutions and mandate NBTE and National Assembly to scrap the programme. Part of the demands should be the immediate development of a maximum of 1year Top-up degree programme for HND holders willing to obtain bachelor's degree in our Universities. That is the way forward because no matter how hard HND holders cry to the authorities to make the certificate equivalent to bachelor's degree, no one will listen and nothing will be done in that regard. The discrimination is already deeply entrenched.

https://www.nairaland.com/985998/presidential-scholarship-scheme-discrimination-against
https://www.nairaland.com/1312040/asup-strike-hnd-discrimination-conspiracy
https://www.nairaland.com/1315065/breaking-yoke-discrimination-against-higher
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by mysticgal(f): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2013
i dunno but my mum works in the immigration.hq and three of my uncles with hnd and nd did the whatever whatever and yes the progress is fine as i hear.anyway i will ask my MUM about this stuff sha
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by lukaino(m): 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
kayusbrown: So many things are wrong with the Nigerian Educational System. The discrimination against HND holders is just one of them and it is very unfortunate because it hinders the technological advancement of this nation. The HND programme is an ill-conceived programme. Progressive nations who used to run same programme have scrapped it (e.g. Ghana). Scrapping the HND programme still remains the permanent solution to the issue of discrimination. A practical way of going about that is for all HND holders to lead formidable protests via their alumni association to prevent the admission of candidates into the HND progaramme of their respective institutions and mandate NBTE and National Assembly to scrap the programme. Part of the demands should be the immediate development of a maximum of 1year Top-up degree programme for HND holders willing to obtain bachelor's degree in our Universities. That is the way forward because no matter how hard HND holders cry to the authorities to make the certificate equivalent to bachelor's degree, no one will listen and nothing will be done in that regard. The discrimination is already deeply entrenched.

https://www.nairaland.com/985998/presidential-scholarship-scheme-discrimination-against
https://www.nairaland.com/1312040/asup-strike-hnd-discrimination-conspiracy
https://www.nairaland.com/1315065/breaking-yoke-discrimination-against-higher

Spot on bro. I completely agree with you. Anything short of this would be begging the question or postponing the evil day.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by simplie: 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
For HND guys , u can also apply for dat post of Bsc.. I confirmed from dem by using der feedback email. U can also do so by email dem and dey we reply u . Let act like graduate not 2 be abusing each odas.
Thanks
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by XPresie: 12:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
Insightful stuffs here........
..respect 2d likes of Silav n lukaino
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by 2old4that(m): 2:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
I think its high-time we take this fight to necessary authorities.

Mr. Stephen Oronsaye was the problem regarding this issue else it would have been solved by the Obasanjo regime.
https://www.nairaland.com/1398129/disparity-between-bsc-hnd
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by cfc: 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
RoseEze3: Visit many of the job sites and you see a lot of grammatical errors and researches shows that our hnd holders are the culprits. They passed through school but school didn't pass through them. And they wanna equate themselves with bsc holders. Op is an obvious example. Mtcheew.

Laff forget my banana inside deep creamy yummy cunt

Mind you am a bsc holder just kidding na hnd I get

Laff so tey my banana dey very rigid

Hahahahahhahahaha

I love this thread
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
I am not restricted by the discrimination.

I have HND distinction from the prestigious kaduna polytechnic,PGD fut minna,distinction as well. (4.54/5.0). All in mechanical engineering.

Academics is not a problem.if i so wish,i can bag 3 different degrees

I love reading.

Most of the masters students(from uni ) in my skul are very silent in the class.''we'' run things in the department..

Moral of the lesson;

do not downgrade all HND guys,we can be hotter than you can ever imagine.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
Originakalokalo: I am not restricted by the discrimination.

I have HND distinction from the prestigious kaduna polytechnic,PGD fut minna,distinction as well. (4.54/5.0). All in mechanical engineering.

Academics is not a problem.if i so wish,i can bag 3 different degrees

I love reading.

Most of the masters students(from uni ) in my skul are very silent in the class.''we'' run things in the department..

Moral of the lesson;

do not downgrade all HND guys,we can be hotter than you can ever imagine.

Ever heard of intellectual superiority complex? Please don't ask me what that means.

https://www.nairaland.com/998769/exceptional-teacher.check-profile

Originakalokalo: Profile;
1 HND Mechanical Engineering from Kaduna Polytechnic.graduated with Distinction.

2. PGD in Mechanical Engineering from FUT Minna.graduated with Upper Credit,CGPA; 4.2

Experience;2 years teaching experience in maths,physics,chemistry,further maths and technical drawing.

Note,i have tutored a very dull student to excellence,and i stay in abuja.i intend to go into private teaching becos of my plans for Masters Degree.you only need to give me a term and see the positive change in your child.if you are interested,pls call 08189902850.lack of employment and lack of connection have made me stay at home without doing nothing.that i why i went into teaching.God bless you.

I thought you stated in the thread above that you had an upper credit in your PGD. Why the inconsistencies?
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by babskerbo: 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
wat is d meaning of dis ! why dicriminatn ? 2 me is nt sound well.Afterall is not a GHANA EDUCATION.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 8:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
uhonmora:

Ever heard of intellectual superiority complex? Please don't ask me what that means.

I thought you stated in the thread above that you had an upper credit in your PGD. Why the inconsistencies?

that was before the final approval.

Some courses were upgraded.

No inconsistency here.i stand by what i posted.
uhonmora:

that was before the final approval.

Some courses were upgraded.

No inconsistency here.i stand by what i posted.

I posted this to tell all those who think all HND graduates are slow poke,low IQ people.

I am not interested in blowing any trumpet,i am just passing a message.

I won't apologise to anyone for posting that.you can call it anything you want.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by esbjaygmailco(m): 11:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
stop arguing, let's get to the field and practice, I have HND in mechanical engineering, All I know is that Am competent on my field both practical wise and theoretically. my friends in foreign universities send their class work to me in nija, the white guys in the company Where I work respect and never doubt my recommendations on any work. sit down there and be arguing on unnecessary things God will help u. epele gbogboyin
Am thinking on How my name will enter book of record .thinking on How to leave a legacy behind, thinking on How to invent something that has not bn invented. u can pick my grammatical errors I don't care,when we finish ppl will know who is better. thanx

2 Likes

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by adekanmbi1986(m): 7:27am On Sep 17, 2013
If u are destined to be great, u will surely be great with or without HND,BSC etc. I have a friend that joined Tower Group with OND, he moved to First Bank, then to Nestle. While at Nestle, he went for his HND and after that, he joined Coca-Cola as Maintenance Engineer with HND this year april. He is now with Schlumberger with HND. HND.

1 Like

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by XPresie: 7:41am On Sep 17, 2013
adekanmbi1986: If u are destined to be great, u will surely be great with or without HND,BSC etc.
.......a Mining Engineer at FUTA told me his younger brother got employed immediately after NYSC by an Oil Firm with a pay above #600,000K. He had HND in Accountancy. He was abt goin 4 his Phd in S/Africa den n with Bachelor&Masters in Mining Engineering, he said he was not close to that PAY.

1 Like

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by SilaV: 7:55am On Sep 17, 2013
adekanmbi1986: If u are destined to be great, u will surely be great with or without HND,BSC etc. I have a friend that joined Tower Group with OND, he moved to First Bank, then to Nestle. While at Nestle, he went for his HND and after that, he joined Coca-Cola as Maintenance Engineer with HND this year april. He is now with Schlumberger with HND. HND.

Great! I think I know that your friend,his surname starts with K.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
Yeah. No one is limited by his or her qualification.

It is by his grace.

That said,has anyone confirm if HND graduates can apply?

To me,and from the requirements, i still think HND cannot apply for assistant supritendent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by buklan: 7:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
grin grin grin
Dean Olamide:

Dt awkward moment when u graduate with HND and Haaving Ur MBA and sametime running Ur BSC? SMH for u... Who u wan impress... Where did u drop ur PGD before u get. Ur MBA.....

Just Question +++o++++++

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Civil Defence Recruitment 2019/2020 Second Phase / The Scam Called MG Resources. / NIMASA Massive Recruitment 2012 For Department Of Maritime Safety And Seafarers’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.