Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,581 members, 7,978,925 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:01 PM

Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? (16467 Views)

Victor Moses Featured In Galaxy 11 Team To Represent Earth With Ronaldo & Messi / Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Top 10 Nigerian Players Of 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by euphoria: 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
einstein_e: Don't blame the NFF unneccesarily.Why should Alaba play for Nigeria? He has never been to Nigeria. His mother is Filipino. He has spent his whole life in Austria/Germany. He probably doesn't feel Nigerian.
He has been to Nigeria and feels Nigerian. That's d only reason he had the Nigerian flag at the end of Champs league final!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
collynzo2: How many of those players mentioned are playing in the national teams of the countries they were born in? They are mostly 3rd rate players, except Alaba.
Digest my comment! It has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with their ranking/rating in their various countries.
My own grievance is that Nigeria uses and dumps people when they ve been drained. Not only in the sports sector is this trend practiced, it happens in every facet of the nation.
Nigeria as a nation likes fire brigade approach. They don't honour their heroes until the diasporans and foreigners start complaining. Peace be upon you!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by 617aircav: 2:40am On Sep 14, 2013
How are they Nigerians. They were not born in nigeria, or lived in nigeria. Their parents are nigerian and not them. Is the NBA player Emeka Okafor a nigerian too? I have cousins born in the US with yoruba names who have never been to nigeria and dont identify as nigerian.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:24am On Sep 14, 2013
Blazey J:

Caps?!... Wetin i wan use caps do na..Victor Moses choosed Nigeria instead of England,and look,he has won something...wetin Stephen Gerard don carry for England?
na lie bros england reject am na why he joined nigeria, he was called up by amodu in 2009 4 ireland game but rejected us same with when keshi called him up 4 bostwana and zambia games in 2011 after he got cleared by fifa, he was still reluctant to join d eagles. Check his stats for england at youth level only 1 game at u21 level
Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by adiscodigoxin: 5:26am On Sep 14, 2013
Baba,make I no lie you,if I be any of dos players,I no go play for this useless country,there is no single incentive to play for this country
Even if Dem born me here,I con make am there,I still no go play
No one sends you my brother
Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by isick(m): 7:24am On Sep 14, 2013
einstein_e: Which super eagles player can you compare to David Alaba? He is arguably the best left back in the world right now.
u know wat GOD will specially bless u today,trust me for dat comment.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by boss1310(m): 7:49am On Sep 14, 2013
when most Nigerians at home aren't patriotic how do you expect someone born outside the country to be
Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by Nten: 10:01am On Sep 14, 2013
because if u die ur family wuld com & carry ur dead body. The govt 4get bout u. THE END
Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by adegwurulez(m): 12:58pm On Sep 14, 2013
The one wey d pain me pass na ameobi, after him england dream no work for am him come dump himself for nigeria coz e wan play WC . Lyk seriously where is dat done Advise to keshi, use d dude for friendlies.. Wen we qualify for WC dump am, let him knw hw it feels to be dumped
Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2013
Because Nigeria is like a plague which should be avoided at all costs.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by jjagz: 6:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
See.....naija NFF nd shit...Alaba sef too...as u bin no wan play for naija...kukuma play for Germany na....no...he go Austria.....ur international career don enter im End Times at ur yung age.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by Igbanibo: 12:33am On Sep 15, 2013
It is not by force. Besides, the way the NFF runs our football isnt the epitome of professionalism.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 15, 2013
The same way Nigeria refused to accept the london beheader was nigerian. Capisce?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by adusjoepafect: 11:51am On Sep 15, 2013
yes i dnt xpect less,becos of the following.1:the house reward dat promise to the past eagles had not been paid.2:nigeria neglect her players wen tin is not going well wit dem.eg osaze,kaita, yakubu,obodo,anichebe,babayaro,taiwo,etc.how does olise,oruma,yekini,babagida,etc.apart from national pride ballers hav ....
Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by michaeldemson: 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2018
We will all see what the life of Dominic Solanke, Tammy Abraham and other forign Nigerian who wanted to play for England will look like in the next 1 year, they will now realize that they can be born and raised in England but different from the normal English citizens and they will also know that there's no place like home
DisGuy:

Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by DisGuy: 10:55pm On Feb 08, 2018
michaeldemson:
We will all see what the life of Dominic Solanke, Tammy Abraham and other forign Nigerian who wanted to play for England will look like in the next 1 year, they will now realize that they can be born and raised in England but different from the normal English citizens and they will also know that there's no place like home

Some people's career is not based international tournaments. Some become more popular due to club career where they earn substantially more than national representation...where is Christanus, where's Stanley Okoro....
Re: Why Do Nigerian Players Born Abroad Refuse To Represent Nigeria? by michaeldemson: 3:49am On Feb 09, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments / Onazi Ogenyi And Sandra Welcome Baby Girl (Photos) / Switzerland Vs Cameroon: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 24th Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.