Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,342 members, 7,971,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 04:59 AM

FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments (23529 Views)

Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments / Minister Gives Sport Federations Ultimatum On 2016 Olympics / Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Andykor: 8:44am On Sep 13, 2013
supereagle: FIFA has given Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi until September 19 to respond to the comments he made on former Malawi coach Tom Saintfeit, THISDAY Sports gathered authoritatively last night.
The deadline was issued in a letter received by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) from FIFA before the decisive World Cup 2014 qualifier between Nigeria and Malawi in Calabar on September 7.

In the letter, FIFA gave Keshi a two-week ultimatum to respond to the Belgian coach’s allegations. The deadline for Keshi to reply is next week Thursday.

We learnt last night that NFF leadership plans to summon Keshi to a meeting on how a soft landing defence can be presented to FIFA.

Saintfeit had alleged that Keshi racially abused him by the reference to him as ’’a white dude who should go back to Belgium", in a charged response to Saintfeit’s request for the World Cup qualifier to be moved from Calabar on safety concern.

The Belgian, who failed to secure an appointment with NFF as a Technical Director last year, after he had attended an interview in Abuja, caused uneasiness in Nigeria, when he asked FIFA to move the crucial fixture to Abuja or a neutral country, because the UK's Foreign & Commonwealth Office had pronounced Calabar as a no-travel area.

His comments prompted FIFA to demand for a full security cover from Nigeria which was provided by the Inspector General of Police Mohammed Abubakar, before Calabar was declared fit to host the match.
The Eagles coach innocuously responded to Saintfeit’s comment to stoke the tension leading to the match by granting a phone interview aired on UK-based African TV show.

Keshi was angered and in the abridged interview he said:"I think the coach of Malawi is crazy. If he wants to talk to FIFA, he should go back to Belgium. He is not an African person, he is a white dude; he should go back to Belgium."

The comments were regarded as an extraordinary slur by Saintfeit who forced a complaint to be sent on his behalf to FIFA by his former employers, the Football Association of Malawi (FAM).

FAM wanted an action to be taken against Keshi for the comments, a demand which FIFA failed to deal with it before the important fixture which Nigeria won 2-0 to top Group B for a place to the last stage of Africa’s qualifying round in October – November.

FIFA has a zero-tolerance stance on racism as a way to control acts of discrimination in the football.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fifa-issues-keshi-ultimatum-on-saintfeit-comments/158934/
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by andyanders: 8:45am On Sep 13, 2013
Keshi did wrong as far as this issue is concerned. He should be a manager of crises at all time and learn how to talk even when pushed to the wall.

As a national team coach, he should be in a position to handle any kind of worded accusation from all angles even with his players. I think he is lacking in this direction.
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by iykak47: 8:52am On Sep 13, 2013
Stephen Keshi said to the Belgian coach, go back to your village country, is Keshi related to Fashola? undecided

1 Like

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by pole: 8:53am On Sep 13, 2013
Tolexander: OMG!

If FIFA wants to sanction him, let it be after the playoff o.
keshi did nt supose to quote dat word s it because he win d match he s talking like dat he should apologize because one good turn deserve another
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Shinatu: 8:55am On Sep 13, 2013
I am now convinced that many people cannot make an objective judgment once it is something they are passionate about.
So bananas have been trown in the past, is this particular white guy the one that threw the bananas?
The guy's request was based on a security advice issued by an organised body responsible for doing that and it was just a request!
Which was investigated and rejected, so what is Keshi getting furious about making unneccesary 'agbero' comments?
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by ceejayluv(m): 8:59am On Sep 13, 2013
Yeah, that Keshi with his annoyingly fake accent....
That was a racist slur, no doubt.
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by omajali2003(m): 9:03am On Sep 13, 2013
What is wrong in calling a white ' a white dude'? I can as well call sep Blatter a white dude and call Isah Hayatu a 'black dude' It is either you are a black dude or a white dude. Is the man not a white dude? Secondly, Keshi asked him to go to his country, Belgium. Is there any thing wrong with advising a white dude to go to his country? Perhaps his kids are missing him and instead of wating away in Malawi. Thirdly, Keshi called him crazy. Is it not crazy to tell Fifa to move our own match to a neutral ground? Is he suggesting that the match be moved to syria or Egypt? Is it not crazy to say our match should be moved from the land of Obudu ranch, the land of Tinapa, and the neatest land in Nigeria - Calabar! It's crazy. Keshi, the black dude, is right about what he said to the white dude. Fifa will be crazy to sanction this our black dude. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by EMERITUS1(m): 9:10am On Sep 13, 2013
Keshi is just too proud and may suffer for it. After the malawi vs nigeia match he should have gone to meet saintfeit, beg am tell am say na him go b the technical adviser to super egles after we don ualiy for world cup as he don resign for malawi. Saintfeit would have withdrawn the letter to fifa.
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by ceejayluv(m): 9:12am On Sep 13, 2013
omajali2003: What is wrong in calling a white ' a white dude'? I can as well call sep Blatter a white dude and call Isah Hayatu a 'black dude' It is either you are a black dude or a white dude. Is the man not a white dude? Secondly, Keshi asked him to go to his country, Belgium. Is there any thing wrong with advising a white dude to go to his country? Perhaps his kids are missing him and instead of wating away in Malawi. Thirdly, Keshi called him crazy. Is it not crazy to tell Fifa to move our own match to a neutral ground? Is he suggesting that the match be moved to syria or Egypt? Is it not crazy to say our match should be moved from the land of Obudu ranch, the land of Tinapa, and the neatest land in Nigeria - Calabar! It's crazy. Keshi, the black dude, is right about what he said to the white dude. Fifa will be crazy to sanction this our black dude. I rest my case
You're not being rational. So cos he's a white dude he should get the hell out of Africa to his country. Sounds like Idi Amin logic.
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by ThaProphet(m): 9:24am On Sep 13, 2013
What I think Keshi meant (which he did not fully assert according to the comments we are hearing) is that the Malawian coach had no business telling Afrikans whether or not, a location is safe. If it is not safe enough for you and you want to report to Fifa (an organisation based outside Afrika, not CAF) then perhaps Afrika is not good enough for you, go to Belgium. I think the guy should have taken the safety issue up with CAF first, not go directly to Fifa.

Coach Keshi got angry and let the anger overcome him. Seriously, the Malawian coach was stupid for saying what he said. I think the Malawian coach was spiteful because he did not get the Nigerian job. Keshi responded with spite as well because the dude just insulted his country. He could have been a lot smarter with his comments though. Also, the full interview and the question Keshi was asked needs to be supplied.

This will be interesting. Any action/sanction ideally would be on Keshi but I will not be surprised if the entire team suffers for it and Malawi goes to the World Cup.
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by gradeA(m): 9:27am On Sep 13, 2013
Custom smith: AUCTION! AUCTION!
AUCTION FROM THE CUSTOM
ALSO, NIGERIACUSTOM MARKET AUCTION
GREETINGS TO EVERYONE OF YOU THAT IS READING THIS ADVERTISEMENT
IT IS HAS BEEN ADVERTISE ALL OVER THE NATION AND WEBSITE E.G
TOKUNBO WEBSITE, NTA NEWS, OSRC, ITV, FM STATION, NEWSPAPER
We deal in all cars, you can also make a request for the vehicle you
want to purchase and also your budget for any vehicle, we shall call
you back to inform you about it.
we have these cars for sale right now.
we delivered all over the 36State in Nigeria
WE HAVE
DIRECT TOKUNBO CARS VERY CLEAN AND BRAND NEW CARS FOR SALE AT
A CHEAPER PRICES.
These cars were siezed by government officials at boarder and the
time duration given to the owners to claim their cars has elapse so
they are been sold in a give away price.All you need do is to call 07038812401 to
place an order of your choice. Contact us on 07038812401

CAR FEATURES BELOW

Acura MDX #500,000
Acura TL #400,000
Acura ZDX #700,000
Audi A4 #550,000
Audi A6 #400,000
BMW 3-Series #650,000
BMW 5-Series #450,000
BMW X5 #750,000
BMW X6 #550,000
Ford Escape #600,000
Ford Explorer #500,000
Honda Accord #350,000
Honda City #250,000
Honda Civic #300,000
Honda Crosstour #450,000
Honda CR-V #550,000
Honda Odyssey #650,000
Honda Pilot #850,000
Hyundai Accent #550,000
Hyundai Elantra #350,000
Infiniti FX35 #1000,000
Infiniti FX45 #1500,000
Infiniti QX4 #950,000
Isuzu Trooper #750,000
Jaguar S-Type #300,000
Jeep Liberty #1500,000
Kia Sorento #550,000
Land Rover Discovery #1600,000
Land Rover Freelander #1200,000
Land Rover LR3 #850,000
Land Rover LR4 #750,000
Land Rover Range Rover #2,000,000
Land Rover #1500,000
Range Rover Sport #1600,000
Land Rover Vogue #1300,000
Lexus GS #1,000,000
Lexus GX460 #950,000
Lexus GX470 #1000,000
Lexus LX 570 #750,000
Lexus RX 300 #650,000
Lexus RX 330 #750,000
Lexus RX 350 #550,000
Mazda 6 #550,000
Mazda 626 #650,000
Mazda MPV #650,000
Mazda Tribute #950,000
Mercedes-Benz C-Class #650,000
Mercedes-Benz E-Class #750,000
Mercedes-Benz G-Class #450,000
Mercedes-Benz GLK #250,000
Mercedes-Benz ML #200,000
Mitsubishi Endeavour #350,000
Nissan Altima #350,000
Nissan Armada #550,000
Nissan Maxima #250,000
Nissan Murano #500,000
Nissan Pathfinder #500,000
Nissan Primera #300,000
Nissan Quest #500,000
Nissan Sentra #550,000
Nissan Xterra #450,000
Peugeot 406 #330,000
Peugeot 407 #250,000
Peugeot 607 #350,000
Toyota 4Runner #850,000
Toyota Avalon #600,000
Toyota Avensis #750,000
Toyota Camry #350,000
Toyota Corolla #450,000
Toyota FJ Cruiser #750,000
Toyota Hiace #550,000
Toyota Highlander #750,000
Toyota HiLux #500,000
Toyota Matrix #350,000
Toyota Prado #750,000
Toyota Rav4 #200,000
Toyota Sequoia #350,000
Toyota Sienna #400,000
Toyota Tacoma #300,000
Toyota Tundra #650,000
Toyota Venza #500,000
Toyota Yaris #450,000
Volkswagen Beetle #200,000
Volkswagen Golf #250,000
Volkswagen Jetta #200,000
Volkswagen Passat #250,000
Volkswagen Touareg #300,000

we delivered all over the 36State in Nigeria
Interested persons should contact custom SMITH BAYO on
Phone:07038812401
Address: Seme Zone, Carfax Reg zone

READ THESE CAREFULL FOR MORE INFO PLS

hello my brother and sister do not be surprise when you see
that the car is very cheap, normally cars are not suppose to be
cheap at these Rate is an auction prize from UK, SOUTH AFRICA, ENGLAND, KOREA, COTONU.
This is an AUCTION BY THE GOVERNMENT
which you need to contact. so any car of your choice is now in Nigeria now
which we be cleared by the registration and delivery to Your Home or Office address. contact
(custom SMITH BAYO 07038812401)
Terms and Condition Involve for the Car Delivery:
1. before we sell to you we need to know you more better
2. You must forward your address to our mobile number that is after you call us, for full details about the car, only serious

buyer’s should call
3. Then we take the car to the registration office to register the car for you, which may either require your Id card for

registration
4. The VIN (vehicle Identification Number) which need to be approved by the Custom Registra before the car will be

delivered, because without the VIN the car is not genuine because government is going to hold you responsible. For you not

to fall a Victim the VIN must be approved, then immediately we give you our company car fax website for you to confirm your

registration
5. The papers will be sign in court before home delivery
6. you must have valid ID CARD for your registration (Driveing licence, Internation passport, or office id card, 2passpot

either white or black, 2photocopy of each id card)
7. when the car arrive you make your full transaction(payment)

YOUR INFORMATION WE NEED FROM YOU ARE...
1. YOUR NAME
2. YOUR ADDRESS
3. THE COLOUR OF THE VEHICLE YOU REQUEST FOR
4. A SCAN COPY OF YOUR ID CARD
7. PURPOSE FOR BUYING THE CAR
8. CONTACT: 07038812401 OFFICER NAME: SMITH BAYO
9. Custom form will be send to you for you to fill it properly

THANKS FOR THE PATRONIZE VISIT OUR WEBSITE TODAY FOR MORE INFO
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by ThaProphet(m): 9:27am On Sep 13, 2013
He made the comments before the dude's request was rejected, I believe.

Shinatu: I am now convinced that many people cannot make an objective judgment once it is something they are passionate about.
So bananas have been trown in the past, is this particular white guy the one that threw the bananas?
The guy's request was based on a security advice issued by an organised body responsible for doing that and it was just a request!
Which was investigated and rejected, so what is Keshi getting furious about making unneccesary 'agbero' comments?

1 Like

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Artlove(m): 9:33am On Sep 13, 2013
Abeg make Kashi write correct english oOo. Fifa na his headmaster.
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Tonylyte(m): 9:33am On Sep 13, 2013
Keshi was angry at the same time arrogant....the white dude was so unfortunate to say such-calabar wasnt safe in dis part of the world(africa). Where we beat sense into u, in other way round, it should had been, speaking sense into u. Am pretty sure, if the white dude had said it in the western part of the wrld, probaby, he said manchester isnt safe to play, the english football body would had brought their own proofs that things are nt lyk, instead of d derogatory wrds, just lyk keshi had done..
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by mygee33(m): 9:36am On Sep 13, 2013
Dz one Na small now, Nigeria leaders sabi 419 not to talk of now that it ll be official. NFF will just tell FIFA one 9ja story and de whole saga go waka. De go say Na Lingustics error
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by mmo1: 9:40am On Sep 13, 2013
omajali2003: What is wrong in calling a white ' a white dude'? I can as well call sep Blatter a white dude and call Isah Hayatu a 'black dude' It is either you are a black dude or a white dude. Is the man not a white dude? Secondly, Keshi asked him to go to his country, Belgium. Is there any thing wrong with advising a white dude to go to his country? Perhaps his kids are missing him and instead of wating away in Malawi. Thirdly, Keshi called him crazy. Is it not crazy to tell Fifa to move our own match to a neutral ground? Is he suggesting that the match be moved to syria or Egypt? Is it not crazy to say our match should be moved from the land of Obudu ranch, the land of Tinapa, and the neatest land in Nigeria - Calabar! It's crazy. Keshi, the black dude, is right about what he said to the white dude. Fifa will be crazy to sanction this our black dude. I rest my case

STUPID TALK
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by omar22(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2013
If The head coach for the English national team had said the same to a black coach

he will be SACKED ON THE SPOT

Keshi should have engaged his brain before he opened his mouth. Can you imagine someone who had a chunk of career in Belgium been told to go back to Africa by his colleagues at Andelect how would he feel!
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by ddeola: 10:07am On Sep 13, 2013
The yeye coach has been sacked already so no story
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by russello: 10:25am On Sep 13, 2013
rhema4u: Who get small pin charger?
I get 3....
Make u try come mama Bode shop...i go soon commot

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by jude33084(m): 10:30am On Sep 13, 2013
empty threat undecided
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by jude33084(m): 10:32am On Sep 13, 2013
russello:
I get 3....
Make u try come mama Bode shop...i go soon commot

Abi o my guys grin
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by meforyou1(m): 10:36am On Sep 13, 2013
what does FIFA mean? a judge in US threw out a racial abuse case again a celebrity Paula Deen because the accuser was white. so, it's settled. a black man cannot racially abuse a white man.
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by jude33084(m): 10:37am On Sep 13, 2013
omar22: If The head coach for the English national team had said the same to a black coach

he will be SACKED ON THE SPOT

Keshi should have engaged his brain before he opened his mouth. Can you imagine someone who had a chunk of career in Belgium been told to go back to Africa by his colleagues at Andelect how would he feel!

Before you open your mouth please engage your brain too angry

FIFA will do nada tongue
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by omar22(m): 10:51am On Sep 13, 2013
Which part of my comment did you miss?

Point to FIFA in my comment...

Next time follow the process

Eyes => Brain => Mouth
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Brite02(m): 11:01am On Sep 13, 2013
he said:"I think the coach of Malawi is crazy. If he wants to talk to FIFA, he should go back to Belgium. He is not an African person, he is a white dude; he should go back to Belgium."

Keshi just spoke the truth out of anger, when did calabar became unsafe, huh? I wonder...

Fifa should be careful how well to handle this kinda situation
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Keky(m): 11:29am On Sep 13, 2013
searay: Abeg wetin Keshi does?
yEeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 13, 2013
Confused #### like seriously I can't understand this oooh....what's FIFA please
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by clemensK(m): 11:30am On Sep 13, 2013
What can I say but

End Time Things.
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by 3ace(m): 11:44am On Sep 13, 2013
Keshi's comments were not racist. I see this coach as an immature coach who is not tolerant with civility or just using Keshi's remarks to distract him and his team from the impending defeat that awaited him in Calabar. I'm not exonerating Keshi for calling a fellow coach crazy but he could have just demanded that Keshi apologised for disrespecting him or report the case to FIFA like he has done for "disrespectfulness"and not racism. The use of the word racism is harsh, unfair and wicked. He's just making a mountain of out of a molehill. What could be more belittling, degrading, embarrassing and despicable than them throwing bananas at us calling us animals. I hope the person in charge of the case is sensible enough to treat this matter with wisdom and not allowing sentiments to override his sense of judgement.
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by andyanders: 11:54am On Sep 13, 2013
ThaProphet: What I think Keshi meant (which he did not fully assert according to the comments we are hearing) is that the Malawian coach had no business telling Afrikans whether or not, a location is safe. If it is not safe enough for you and you want to report to Fifa (an organisation based outside Afrika, not CAF) then perhaps Afrika is not good enough for you, go to Belgium. I think the guy should have taken the safety issue up with CAF first, not go directly to Fifa.

Coach Keshi got angry and let the anger overcome him. Seriously, the Malawian coach was stupid for saying what he said. I think the Malawian coach was spiteful because he did not get the Nigerian job. Keshi responded with spite as well because the dude just insulted his country. He could have been a lot smarter with his comments though. Also, the full interview and the question Keshi was asked needs to be supplied.

This will be interesting. Any action/sanction ideally would be on Keshi but I will not be surprised if the entire team suffers for it and Malawi goes to the World Cup.

That action has nothing to do with our qualification. FIFA can sanction him by asking him to pay fine and also ban him from for some number of FIFA organized matches,

1 Like

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by BodyKiss(m): 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
supereagle:

FIFA has a zero-tolerance stance on racism as a way to control acts of discrimination in the football.

Says who?

I'm not in support of racism by the way.
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by ThaProphet(m): 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2013
andyanders:

That action has nothing to do with our qualification. FIFA can sanction him by asking him to pay fine and also ban him from for some number of FIFA organized matches,

Thats right, hence I said "ideally".
However, football and their organizing bodies are ridiculous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? / Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals / British Schools To Allow Kids Resume Late So They Can Watch Euro 2020 Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.