Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,975 members, 7,873,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:33 AM

Is It Unmasculine To Posses A Diary.... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Unmasculine To Posses A Diary.... (546 Views)

Do You Still Keep A Diary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Unmasculine To Posses A Diary.... by Xyge(m): 9:59am On Sep 13, 2013
Hello folks..! Just stumbled upon a question and i thought to share it with folks of the diary section..since it pertains a lot with this section.. IS IT REALLY 'MANLY' TO OWN A DIARY 'BOOK' AS A DUDE- a male..? Well, i've directed this same question to a couple of male folks and of course individuals of the 'fairsex'.. Believe me, i've gotten.., sh'ld i say..'funny' responses like,..... *in wale's tone* "Oscar, you crazy? You a gurl? C'mon brava, you ain't a gurl! It is feminine to keep diar(ies)... It depicts WEAKNESS..in emotion(s)... Where av you kept your MACHO strength.? *end of quote*.. Now that leads us to the issue of MACHISMO..! Foward your comments please, air your views, and i will appreciate! I love you'all! Wait! Is it also unMASCULINE to say that Lollzzz.. No mind me. You know it's not! *winks*..
Re: Is It Unmasculine To Posses A Diary.... by sholay2011(m): 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
Smh. You are even winking again...don't you know that's UNMASCULINE? grin

On a serious note, ppl re different. Just as some men have a firm grip over their emotions; others (which many believe to be the minority but they aren't) may be termed 'soft'. If keeping a diary suits you, then what's with whether it's masculine or not?

It's better to pour out your emotions in writing than commit suicide while trying to bottle it up and 'be a man'.

Like me, I don't dig football that much but I'm team lawn tennis anyday. If that makes me less masculine, well, so be it but that's what makes me DIFFERENT.

Btw, keeping a diary is not masculine grin
Re: Is It Unmasculine To Posses A Diary.... by Xyge(m): 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
You are even winking
again...don't you know that's
UNMASCULINE?.
Seriously?!! Like, 'winking' is FEMININE?! Hey!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Unmasculine To Posses A Diary.... by sholay2011(m): 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
Xyge: You are even winking
again...don't you know that's
UNMASCULINE?.
Seriously?!! Like, 'winking' is FEMININE?! Hey!!!
Where's your sense of humour?
Re: Is It Unmasculine To Posses A Diary.... by Xyge(m): 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
angry.. I'll be most grateful, if i'm not insulted, fella..

(1) (Reply)

Shah Rukh Khan’s 48th Birthday:truly SRK Day, Worldwide! / Its A Special Day Today / Construction Starts At Jabi Lake Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.