Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,958 members, 7,906,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:28 PM

Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 (4109 Views)

2003 Tokunbo Toyota Highlander Going For #2.0M Contact: 07060421850 / Toyota Sienna 2007 For Sale @ 1.8M Call:07060421850. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2013
@ Otueso; it can happen to any one. even countries fall prey for these shameless, lazy sit-at-home scammers. All we pray is never should our paths cross theirs.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by Marotzke(m): 3:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
otuseso: Explain y dis shud be put on d front page...abeggi I Pity no one.d guy is busy lounging somewhere reading all ur comments and Laffing while enjoying d money...I dnt blame d guy at all...enjoy money. At least it serves as a lesson to other fools around
Be careful , the joke might be on you one day. This Olise of a fellow nearly got me on OLX. Then his account was with UBA. I. pulled out of the deal when the car that was advertised to be in Lagos was moved to cotonu. yet he claimed that all duties have been paid. Within a time period of three hours he called me like 15times, asking for some ridiculously low amount as advance or commitment fee. The balance supposedly to be paid on delivery. What we have is a criminal prowling online preying on the unwary and the uninformed. Calling victims fools instead of condemning criminality is not the way forward. There are lots of things going on around you that you don't know anything about. Are you saying that if a criminal takes advantage of your ignorance, he is justified or that you are a fool?

8 Likes

Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by oduz: 5:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
chronique: I'm tired of all these things. Even with all the shouts and sensitisation we've been doing here,you guys still do not learn. How much was the car that you fell for it? This thing only happens to greedy people. We'd advertise genuine cars here,buyers would be negotiating at ridiculous prices(as if they heard that we stole the cars). At the end,they fall victim to scammers. I know how many nairalanders I've personally deleted from bbm cos of the stupid prices they call when negotiating. I wouldn't be surprised if these set of people are the ones that end up being duped. Except you are pre-ordering a car,never ever pay an advance for a car that is in Nigeria that you or your rep hasn't seen. It just doesn't make sense. It's greed that would make someone pick interest in an advert that says a tokunbo 2010 venza is selling for 2m naira.

Sincerely speaking,I do not pity buyers who get duped as most of them are equally dishonest.I've experienced a situation where a buyer and a seller from my end mistakenly met themselves while we were transacting and since they hail from the same place and speak same language,they spoke their dialect and decided to cut me off by arranging to meet elsewhere. If the eediot had been scammed now,he'd run to NL to say it happened through me.

My point here is this: the reason most people fall for it is cos they are either greedy or eqaully dishonest and such people,I do not pity.

Finally,the way and manner you were duped is just too easy. No hard work was done by the scammers. I know others would read this and still fall tomorrow.

To the moderators: you guys really need to sit up cos a lot of nonsense is going on on this forum.

My friend are you real? Leave this your Apostles according to St Chronicles
OK, What if I come up with a new opinion that anybody that condemns the victims is a member of these GANG
Planted to discourage them (victims) from sharing experience for others to learn from,
Watch your moves man, u are not talking to babies, enough said

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by sheyai: 8:04pm On Sep 14, 2013
The scammer has opemed another username as emeddy. Posting luxurious cars at ridiculous prices. I just called him now and the same kebbi bullshit story ensued and I.should pay 50k for delivery. He even sent his acct details.
Ede vincent
Firstbank.
How can I fall for that crap.
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by emirateprince: 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2013
Agwoturumbe
otuseso: Explain y dis shud be put on d front page...abeggi I Pity no one.d guy is busy lounging somewhere reading all ur comments and Laffing while enjoying d money...I dnt blame d guy at all...enjoy money. At least it serves as a lesson to other fools around
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
Our good hearts and prayers will catch him up soon, and we shall all share the joy on this site.
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by Joel3(m): 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
goat leg: Our good hearts and prayers will catch him up soon, and we shall all share the joy on this site.
you are still talking . anyway maybe you have more than a enough to throw a away. God has His ways of punishing people. people like this guy cannot help a beggar for just 100naira. i know of people like this. i am very sure you are not far from one. but how come your username is goat leg. got me thinking. if you know what is good or you better change your username name and phone number because you are already a target and prone to attack or danger. my 2kobo
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
prone to target? Na God de guide us joo. No shaking
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by emirateprince: 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
I understand but both easy man,joel send me a pm let's settle all these shit off NL ok,thief no dey thief theif

Joel.:
just look at the way that bastard throw words on me. the bastar.d just provoked me.
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by Marotzke(m): 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
Joel.:
you are a bastar.d you just mark it you will die before this september end this year. make today, for saying those trash out of your dirty mouth i course you. you will remember me for this before you die, and no forgiveness for you but will surely die i sent the course to you your blood will spill from your vain idio.t. how there you insult me just like that. the manifestation will start soon.
Criminals like you are as incoherent as you are stupid. For give yourself before you expect it from others. Scam another person again and that will be the last fraud you will ever perpetrate. For a very small amount that you will defraud from someone, you will be necklaced with a burning tyre. Banza Barawo. Ole, Oni jibiti.
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by olanshi: 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
This could happen to anybody, we need to sit tight and fight all scammers off this trend.. Lately, series of crimes was committed by this scammers which I have heard of.. In this same auto section, someone was scammed of about 2m Naira for the purchase of 2010 LR4 few months ago! Just last week another Innocent person almost made a 5million Naira deposit payment for a 2012 Range Sport into a scammers bank account!

I feel bad whenever I hear such incident, cos some pictures of cars used by this scammers are copied from genuine car dealers adverts!! I have said this before and I will continue to say it, that anybody that falls victim for a Cheap scam just like Mr Goat Leg are greedy and Gullible. My sincere apologies! But all the same it could happen to anybody.

@ Scammers, no matter how long you swindle people of there hard earn money you will NEVER be a WEALTHY person.. You will continue to live in abject poverty....

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by emirateprince: 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
It is only greedy people that fall for scammers but all protocols observed
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by chronique(m): 2:18am On Sep 15, 2013
Well,maybe you need to read the thread created by inspired motors,warning potential victims about been wary of these dudes as Nigerian customs do not auction cars online. Victims have narrated their experiences there and we've tried as much as possible to collectively sensitise people on these tricks. Moreover,the thread is right there amongst the top 5 threads on autos section. How people still fall for this cheap scam still beats my imagination. Tryna suggest am a member of the gang cos I said I do not pity them(victims) no more? Well,your opinion is your opinion;I've been on this forum for 5 yrs and haven't had anything/anyone soil my name. Maybe you need to re-read my post to understand where I'm coming from. Why not ask yourself why people who negotiated/transacted with dealers with genuine cars aren't getting scammed? Why are the victims of these cheap fraud always people who responded to ads of these so called maiduguri/kebbi/badagry "car dealers/customs officials"? The underlining factor here is that the cars must have been quoted at below obtainable market prices,hence the lure. I'm not just talking about "goatleg's" issue;I'm talking generally about other victims. I think you'd do well to look at this issue objectively rather than placing sentiments on it.
oduz:

My friend are you real? Leave this your Apostles according to St Chronicles
OK, What if I come up with a new opinion that anybody that condemns the victims is a member of these GANG
Planted to discourage them (victims) from sharing experience for others to learn from,
Watch your moves man, u are not talking to babies, enough said
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by Gboliwe: 2:38am On Sep 15, 2013
emirate prince: The victim should contact me in I promise her before one week the scammer will be tracked and her money will be refunded but before that she should send me a pm immediately for off NL codes
The victim is a he! not a she.

@OP, Be mindful of who you get intouch with outside here. If you can fall for that cheap scam, you are too vulnerable and can't handle a lot. Shine your eyes
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by Fogman(m): 6:56am On Sep 15, 2013
I am surprised that after the series of our awareness and threads since last about this method of scam, an old member in this foruum will fail prey to this amateur rogues.

This guys are stil in business because of some gready customers. I feel sorry for the victim.

www.nairaland.com/1171907/scam-alert-scam-alert-scam
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by Qbaba(m): 8:24am On Sep 15, 2013
To the MODs especially 'inspired & bmw',you guys should always try to scrutinize every post/handle owner. Before this guy got victimised,a stupid post was allowed to feature in the section.

To the victim,honestly you fell so cheap for this act but it's understandable you built a trust in him,perhaps because you're a 'saint-like'. However,if you really want to get your money back and help Nigeria in tracing this con artist,there are ways to go about it.
- Report to police/efcc
- Visit the bank with necessary papers and have a chat with Operations Manager
- With the aid of security agency,visit the mobile number provider to get some details
- Possibly,allow this stuff feature in a national daily especially PM news

I can go on and on but I am sure with these you will have a result.

All the best!
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2013
Moderators!!! Front page please
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by Folajay22(m): 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
for Crying out loud..DIKKO INDE ABDULLAHI is the name of the comptroller-general of the Nigerian Customs..thats the first thing that should have warned u off..anyway..sorry for loss..its a lesson learned..
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by Dantedasz(m): 4:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
The MODERATORS are not doing their jobs. They are so busy looking for Tonto Dike threads to put on the FP.
Meanwhile the scammers are having a field day.
One scammer has a thread of a tokunbo Golf 3 car for sale for 30K(thirty thousand Naira!) for petes sake and no one has hidden it or taken it down. Another scammer opened a thread where he advertised a Honda Accord car 2009 model for 1 million negotiable price!
Such scam adverts should be shut down and taken down,but it wouldn't happen,because the mods are looking for people posting about garr1 or end times.
Such a shame.
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by oduz: 12:16am On Sep 16, 2013
chronique: Well,maybe you need to read the thread created by inspired motors,warning potential victims about been wary of these dudes as Nigerian customs do not auction cars online. Victims have narrated their experiences there and we've tried as much as possible to collectively sensitise people on these tricks. Moreover,the thread is right there amongst the top 5 threads on autos section. How people still fall for this cheap scam still beats my imagination. Tryna suggest am a member of the gang cos I said I do not pity them(victims) no more? Well,your opinion is your opinion;I've been on this forum for 5 yrs and haven't had anything/anyone soil my name. Maybe you need to re-read my post to understand where I'm coming from. Why not ask yourself why people who negotiated/transacted with dealers with genuine cars aren't getting scammed? Why are the victims of these cheap fraud always people who responded to ads of these so called maiduguri/kebbi/badagry "car dealers/customs officials"? The underlining factor here is that the cars must have been quoted at below obtainable market prices,hence the lure. I'm not just talking about "goatleg's" issue;I'm talking generally about other victims. I think you'd do well to look at this issue objectively rather than placing sentiments on it.

Points noted, thanks for making the effort
My desire is to make people look beyond the auto section & see other dirty traps that these rats are laying around
Particularly their post event strategies to prevent being traced, most of this things are psychological games
If encouraged the victims are most likely to be dedicated to the eradication of these mess, than those of us who never experienced the pain
Establishments like banks & even nations are scammed, in the course of basic transactions, are these due to greed
The victims need all the support we can give them, to attain a cleaner Naija, that future generations can be proud of
Stay blessed

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 16, 2013
@ Folajay22. I made a facebook search after the scam using and discovered the link of the FB name
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by emirateprince: 2:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
Gboliwe thanks for the he correction but u are a loud mouth,curiosity kills d cat bekiaful
Gboliwe:
The victim is a he! not a she.

@OP, Be mindful of who you get intouch with outside here. If you can fall for that cheap scam, you are too vulnerable and can't handle a lot. Shine your eyes
Re: Beware Of Carx, Batu, Bkyautos-EDWIN OKOLIE OLISA-08037316489, 07060421850 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 16, 2013
I WANT SHINE MY EYES DIE!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2004 Model Toyota Sienna Ce Toks Selling Cheap / 2015 Model Toyota Corolla Le Toks Selling Cheap And Fast / Salvage Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.