Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,501 members, 7,908,403 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 04:45 AM

World Bank Team In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Team In Nigeria (2181 Views)

My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election / President Buhari's Media Team In A Group Selfie (photos) / Buhari Welcomes Commonwealth Election Monitoring Team In His Abuja Office.photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:32am On Jun 23, 2008
aaarggghh!!! You didn't even bother to read my response but are quick to conclude that you are being attacked?? Interesting!!!
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by dudubobo1: 11:35am On Jun 23, 2008
you need to go back and read what I wrote which led to your response. Dont read just one post out of context.
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:39am On Jun 23, 2008
dudu-bobo:

What I said was that we should use our own funds that are in reserve. World Bank doesn't give a hoot about Nigeria as long as it can make profits by giving loans to Nigeria and i wont blame World Bank for that. i blame the idiots we call leaders

Above is your post. Again, my question,  is the World bank designed in anyway to give a HOOT about Nigeria that it should even be considered when blame is to be thrown around?? Do you blame even consider blaming the bank when you max out your own credit card?? Does the thought even run through your mind that the bank could,  be blamed or not blamed Do you even consider the thought of blaming the sun when your plane is late?
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by dudubobo1: 11:42am On Jun 23, 2008
see where your problem is?

Kobojunkie:

Above is your post. Again, my question, is the World bank designed in anyway to give a HOOT about Nigeria that it should even be considered when blame is to be thrown around?? Do you blame even consider blaming the bank when you max out your own credit card?? Does the thought even run through your mind that the bank could, be blamed or not blamed Do you even consider the thought of blaming the sun when your plane is late?

where exactly did I blame the world bank? I make a statement and you take it as blaming the world bank
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:44am On Jun 23, 2008
dudu-bobo:

see where your problem is?

where exactly did I blame the world bank? I make a statement and you take it as blaming the world bank

DId not say you did, hence the reason why what I have done till now is ask you questions, hoping you will clarify.
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by redsun(m): 10:25am On Jun 24, 2008
More of world bank legacy in a black world,it is not a matter too much talk,but realistic facts.

http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/conscious-edutainment-videos-movies-tv/30335
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 29, 2008
At Kobojunkie, while i admire your terse way of putting across your point, sometimes u come off condescending. I will not like to assume the reason for this is because you are in the US and you for some reason think u have arrived so to speak. For all you know a lot of us have lived/still lving in US, UK wherever, hell even in MARS. You have to realise that there is such thing called being smart to the point of stupidity! I think you are on your way to that if you are quick to discredit other people's point of views and taking a rather condescending tone. I encourage you to use your knowledge of how u think things should be done or what changes u can make to your country Nigeria (If u still care that is), and try to make some change. A lot of people on this forums (myself including), are willing and ready to Follow/Lead rather than talk all FUCKIN day about whats wrong in Nigeria. Can we come up with a suggestion Change must start somewhere! Not from talking and FUCKIN blabbing all day for God's sake. Has anyone come up with an idea of starting a RALLy A youth movement or something to demand that our parents/current generation ruling Nigeria rule it the right way OR give way for us! I am sorry if i have attacked u already, but common TALK is FUCKIn CHEap brotha! I will respect you more if you take the initiative of ACTING rather than talking in your comfort of a one room apt in OHIO or whereva the heck u are dude. No disrespect, but dude give us a break and spare us Nairalanders that u assume are not Learned enough to make valid points without u rushing blindly to discredit us. ACT my brotha, TALK is CHEAP! I hope u take this with a grain of salt. one LUV!
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:34am On Jun 29, 2008
engineerd:

At Kobojunkie, while i admire your terse way of putting across your point, sometimes u come off condescending. I will not like to assume the reason for this is because you are in the US and you for some reason think u have arrived so to speak.

Do you ever bother checking the location of many of those I debate with? For all you know, they could actually be living right next door to me in the US, so why harp on my living in the US, trying to make an issue out something so ridiculous? As far as I am concerned, 95% of those who patronize this site live abroad, so what has your perception of me being condescending to do with my living abroad?? Do you know me? Did I just leave Nigeria today or something?

engineerd:

For all you know a lot of us have lived/still lving in US, UK wherever, hell even in MARS. You have to realise that there is such thing called being smart to the point of stupidity!
Can I make a suggestion to you?? When next you assume another is being condescending, make sure you are not one come to a false conclusion FIRST.
engineerd:

I think you are on your way to that if you are quick to discredit other people's point of views and taking a rather condescending tone.

You start off asking me if it is my intention and then you CONCLUDE it is, without giving me a chance. Are you a mind reader??

engineerd:

I encourage you to use your knowledge of how u think things should be done or what changes u can make to your country Nigeria (If u still care that is), and try to make some change. A lot of people on this forums (myself including), are willing and ready to Follow/Lead rather than talk all FUCKIN day about whats wrong in Nigeria. Can we come up with a suggestion

Dude… it is a forum, not all here are willing to see change and I am not going to tell you I am here to lead anyone or any group into a whole new world. I am here first and foremost to debate ideas/opinions/issues etc. You want to change the world, be my guest. Leave me to my debating.
engineerd:

Change must start somewhere! Not from talking and FUCKIN blabbing all day for God's sake. Has anyone come up with an idea of starting a RALLy A youth movement or something to demand that our parents/current generation ruling Nigeria rule it the right way OR give way for us! I am sorry if i have attacked u already, but common TALK is FUCKIn CHEap brotha! I will respect you more if you take the initiative of ACTING rather than talking in your comfort of a one room apt in OHIO or whereva the heck u are dude. No disrespect, but dude give us a break and spare us Nairalanders that u assume are not Learned enough to make valid points without u rushing blindly to discredit us. ACT my brotha, TALK is CHEAP! I hope u take this with a grain of salt. one LUV!

Again, it is a forum, a place for discussions, debates and laying of opinions. I am not complaining of being able to talk all day. Heck, with my work, this is where I relief tension, and I am certain there are others like me out there who will tell you the same.

Talk is not cheap to me. I debate so I can keep my mind and my career.

I don’t need your respect. All I ask is that you respect my right as a human being to post my opinion without you trying to read my mind instead of my posts, as is. I don’t know how my apt/house/location got into this but I am just, again, going to ignore that part. If you want to change things so much, start by changing the way you approach those you have little clue of and focus on the topics more than the persons. If you notice, most all my replies are in connection with topics and not on what shape a person’s teeth or room is in or where the person lives and all that childish personal crap.
To change things, start by changing yourself. Seems everyone wants to change everyone else but to be honest, we could do better with more people who are able to look within, before rushing off to change everyone else.
Again, I am not here to change anyone but here to discuss/debate and have fun playing on opinions as I wish. If you do not like it, please ignore. Last I checked this is what a forum is for. As long as I stick to the rules in here, isn’t that what really matters more than what you think of my personal life, right?? ROFLMAO!!
Oh yeah, Take this with a grain of salt as well. I don't believe in fictional ideas of Love!! grin
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 29, 2008
Kobojunkie, You crack me up, I Like your way of breaking down and responding to things , Point taken, So u mAde it clear your intentions of just wanting to debate and all. I think that is ok, but FOR someone who can debate so much, i think it is just a waste, so to speak, cause i mean Ideas are nothing without Actions. While i respect your decision, its your prerogative to want to stick to debating alone, I STILL STRONGLY ENCOURAGE You THAT You CAN BE MORE USEFUL TO OUR COUNTRY IN OTHER WAYS RATHER THAN DEBATING. I KNOW AT THE END OF THE DAY AFTER VENTING ON NAIRALAND, MOST OF US GO BACK TO OUR JOBS/NORMAL LIVES SLAVING FOR THE WHITE MAN (CORPORATE / MENIAL) IN YANKEE OR WHEREVA, BUT I THINK ITS TIME TO TAKE IT FURTHER AND ACT! I AM NOT TRYING TO CHANGE THE WORLD, BUT LITTLE DROPS OF WATER MAKES A BIG OCEAN! I THINK IT IS A NOBLE THING TO DO FOR MY UNBORN CHILDREN AND GRAND CHILDREN. IT WILL BE A SHAME IF 18-20 YRS FROM NOW I WILL HAVE TO BE WAISTING MONEY IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY JUST TO GIVE MY CHILD A SOUND EDUCATION WHEN I COULD EASILY INVEST THAT MONEY IN MY OWN COUNTRY (IF THE EDUCATION(TERTIARY) WAS SOUND). NOT TO TALK OF OTHER SOCIAL/ECONOMIC BANES MOUNTING NIGERIA IN THE BOOTY HOLE! HOPEFULLY You CAN CHANGE UR MIND ABOUT JUST VENTING!
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:59am On Jun 29, 2008
only u controls ur destiny!
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:11am On Jun 29, 2008
engineerd:

Kobojunkie, You crack me up, I Like your way of breaking down and responding to things , Point taken, So u mAde it clear your intentions of just wanting to debate and all. I think that is ok, but FOR someone who can debate so much, i think it is just a waste, so to speak, cause i mean Ideas are nothing without Actions. While i respect your decision, its your prerogative to want to stick to debating alone, I STILL STRONGLY ENCOURAGE You THAT You CAN BE MORE USEFUL TO OUR COUNTRY IN OTHER WAYS RATHER THAN DEBATING.
Our Country? I don’t even understand the logic behind the “OUT COUNTRY” idea, let alone your asking me to be more useful to OUR COUNTRY. See, I was not born carrying any country on my head. For all I care, I am on earth to do God’s work and if it means going to Somalia, and not Nigeria, that matters more than any country, ever will. So, I am sorry, I do not share that zeal you seem to have there for “OUR COUNTRY”.
engineerd:

I KNOW AT THE END OF THE DAY AFTER VENTING ON NAIRALAND, MOST OF US GO BACK TO OUR JOBS/NORMAL LIVES SLAVING FOR THE WHITE MAN (CORPORATE / MENIAL) IN YANKEE OR WHEREVA,

Well, working is not evil. Whether you work for a black man, an African or an American, working happens to be same all round. Working for a corporation in Nigeria is about the same thing as it is here. Only you are more likely to get a better deal here. Plus, if you follow your passion, you enjoy working and so slavery is for those who want to be slaves and assume that a lazy approach to life is the best path.

engineerd:

BUT I THINK ITS TIME TO TAKE IT FURTHER AND ACT! I AM NOT TRYING TO CHANGE THE WORLD, BUT LITTLE DROPS OF WATER MAKES A BIG OCEAN! I THINK IT IS A NOBLE THING TO DO FOR MY UNBORN CHILDREN AND GRAND CHILDREN.
Well, since you have unborn children, then I suggest you get into gear and start changing the world for them then.

engineerd:

IT WILL BE A SHAME IF 18-20 YRS FROM NOW I WILL HAVE TO BE WAISTING MONEY IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY JUST TO GIVE MY CHILD A SOUND EDUCATION WHEN I COULD EASILY INVEST THAT MONEY IN MY OWN COUNTRY (IF THE EDUCATION(TERTIARY) WAS SOUND). NOT TO TALK OF OTHER SOCIAL/ECONOMIC BANES MOUNTING NIGERIA IN THE BOOTY HOLE! HOPEFULLY You CAN CHANGE UR MIND ABOUT JUST VENTING!
Well, you assume that we all see the world the same way here. I don’t consider spending money here a waste. I live here so it makes sense to me that I will spend money here as well. When Africa is truly ready for change, nothing will stop it from happening.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Inhumanity At Its Worst: Viewer Beware / Ogun State Governor Flees Government House, Embarks On Spiritual Cleansing / Access Bank MD, Aig-imoukhuede, Not On Our Board But His Younger Relative Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.