Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,938 members, 7,922,309 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 12:48 AM

Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers (20254 Views)

2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN / Glo BUMPA Most Rewarding Prepaid Plan From Glo But Most Expensive Tariff Plan / 12k/sec Flat Rate On New Glo Bounce Prepaid Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by creativemusic: 6:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
obailala:

Am I getting something wrong here?.. Please how is this suppose to be cheating??

All over the world, Prepaid customers pay more than Postpaid customers and this is not just in the telecommunications industry.
My brother, it is cheating! Now, under which ground is GLO charging their postpaid subscribers less for this Internet service, when the same GLO is charging me N12/min to call GLO lines and N22/min to call other network from the same CUG line, whereas, I am calling all networks at N7.20k/min from my personal GLO prepaid line.
If your submission is the case which I know it ought to be, GLO shouldn't be charging me more than N5/min to call any network from this same CUG line. Thank you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 6:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
agabaI23: I use glo and works for me. The only problem I have with their data is stability and that also depends on location.

Last week when their data slept off and I needed to sort things out, I had to get etisalat line. I discovered that they have 3G coverage in my office and I opted to use Etisalat in my office. Then I discovered that Etisalat call rate ia nothing to compare to Glo's bounce plan.

With bounce, you pay N7.2 for calls to every network and N3 for anybody on bounce. Cost saving really!
Their data plan when it is working is very good too.

4G at N5K while etisalat's 3G is N6,500
7.5G at N8K while etisalat 6G is N8K
ETC

I don't work for glo but I have enjoyed their product. They can be frustrating at times. Which Network is not?

I had same issue some time ago. I called 121 and didn't get satisfactory response. I called 171 that charge N20 flat, I got my refund.
Try 171!!!!!!!!!
So on point. Good analysis.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by agabaI23(m): 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2013
Wizard_of_Oz:

Thr whr no apps running in the background pls.. My network bandwidth monitor shows all apps (both system n user) tht r on using Glo to get on the net.. Only thing on was my browser..
GLO BOUNCE 30MB = 6MB.. No question..
I searched for the code you would've used to find out what programmes are running in the background but I didnt see it. Well may be you are right.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 6:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
4bobo: Yes , even their internet services all over Lagos is Useless and unstable. Their so called bounce internet is fake. Their modem I bought for my office at apapa is useless, the one I am using at home is useless, I subscribed for 3gig, and it will expire tomorrow, with over 1gig that will be useless because of crappy services.
You hardly enjoy your service and if you call their cc ,they will never pick it up for hours and if they eventually pick it up, they are very rude.
Besides, why would a Telecom firm be charging 20 naira per call if you want an express customer care services, only to be telling you sorry like , we will forward your request to the necessary department. They are really a thief, thank God for my etisalat .
This is not to ridicule your person please.
Sorry for the bitter experience you are having with your GLO Internet subscription. Please, instead of the remaining data volume left on your GLO subscription plan to be wasted tomorrow, kindly share it with me please. Thank you in advance.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2013
Decryptor: Who cares about Glo when i'm still flexing with my Multilinks and VPN software that gives me unlimited data usage with super-fast connectivity for free...
Are you doing this by using tweak or, Multilinks is offering you people free browsing?
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2013
pDude: Una still dey ask kwestion cheesy

Telecom company have always been short-changing Nigerians from day 1.
Na true you talk jare.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
roxell120: big time. im their prey.they ve really milked me dry without commensurate service. there is a seat I can crappily browse while sitting on it in my room but if I stand up,uuush, the service is gone. maybe that seat has sth dat does the magic. that line I find it difficult to discard. everything in naija is the same.poor service all the way.NCNC is just like a dog without teeth.
To the bolded. Do you mean this is true? Ha! Na serious palaver be that ooh.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 7:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
Morgan1092: For internet services dia re only MTN , ETISALAT n Others
My dear friend, all of them na the same jor. Meanwhile, location and the type of network service available from the operators in a particular place play dominant role of quality Internet service delivery. Thank you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
papi365: UNEMPLOYMENT E NO GO BETA 4 U

Amen o. E no go better for unemployment. But who told you i am not employed
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Youngzedd(m): 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
Tee197: :oSo people still de use glo line

Same here.

Glo milked my money like Satan. I port to Airtel with 1GB for 1k.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
1wolex85:
for the prepaid VAT is already included but for the postpaid you only see the VAT when your bill is sent to you at the end of the month, so it probably is the same thing.
Really? Well, GLO have since changed their billing system on their postpaid lines.
Initially, you make calls from your postpaid lines at with zero credit, while GLO compiled your usage at the end of the month for your payments. Ha! During the GLO text4Millions season 2, a particular staff played that game to the tune of N140,000 on his official GLO line without winning a kobo. This thing really caused uproar in our place of work at the time.
Now, it is no longer so, as the postpaid lines now function like a prepaid line i.e you have to preload your postpaid line before you can use it. Whenever you exhausts your pre loaded airtime, your services will no longer work except the free CUG to CUG calls. This is also with the fact that, GLO now display your service usage with instant notification on your screen immediately after every paid and or free service you carried out on your postpaid line.
For now, I don't pay any monthly bills as my organisation is servicing my postpaid line with the sum of N2,000 monthly, and a pre loaded airtime of N500 monthly. Therefore, if I needed to make use of my line either for calls, SMS and Internet browsing, I just have to recharge the line after exhausting the pre loaded N500 airtime.
Should the reason of this cheaper Internet subscription on a GLO postpaid line have to the VAT stuff, I would have fall back using my postpaid line for my Internet subscription but unfortunately, GLO will never eat my money again until they will increase the data volume on all their HSI Internet plans.
So for now, MTN BIS subscription plan is rocking on my Android phone. Thank you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 8:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
Youngzedd:

Same here.

Glo milked my money like Satan. I port to Airtel with 1GB for 1k.
Assuming GLO will open their BIS plans again for Android and other platform, it would have been better with 3GB data volume going for only N,1000. They fit change their mind tomorrow sha.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 8:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
Youngtekkey: that somethings don't work out for u does nt mean that such network is not good i use glo bis of 1000 on my android and is working i have even use 2.1gb out of it suprisely i just got a message that they have given me 50mb free of charge and i hardly load recharge on the sim even the airtel that i love very much and i taught was the fastest is nothing compare to glo speed in my environment and the mb is not deducting heavily it lasts
To the bolded.
Oga, please, don't bring this issue again because, I have the GLO BIS Internet settings in my phone and I usually check every time to see whether it's active now but not.
So please, ride softly before you allow people to waste their hard earned resources like the other time. Thank you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2013
ehizo25:

It's 1400naira and not 1000naira. GLO have their shortcomings but others have theirs too.

One just has to compare all the networks and decide which to join.

My Glo bolt modem is honestly nothing to write home about. It. Automatically disconnects after some minutes and when you try reconnecting it, it doesn't readily connect.
GLO BIS plan had some issues yesterday and the day before. For hours it refused to connect but it's okay now.

Like I said, all networks have their issues every now and then. For now, glo BIS seems to be best for heavy data users.
GLO BBCMonth is now N1,000 and capped at 3GB.
Meanwhile, the time I was subscribing on GLO using my Bolt Modem, their Internet was good and it is still good in my location though I no longer subscribe again.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
kennedyugo: Why people hate Glo? They're trying abeg. They have good 3G coverage and good plans. The only thing I want them have is night internet plan! @2500
Yes, GLO have Night Internet plan and it is called G Leisure. It charges N5,000 monthly for a 4GB data volume, which is valid for 30 days.
To buy this plan, dial *127*7# or text ’30′ to 127. Time of use is 8pm to 9am everyday (Mondays to Fridays) and all day during weekend (throughout Saturdays and Sundays).
Visit www.gloworld.com/nigeria/personal/internet-plans/ for other Internet plans details. Thank you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Buzi06: 9:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
please and please, I mistakenly subscribed to etisalat bb for a day plan, de will give 50mb and I can't use it on my android, ok, to deactivate it is not working as well, for week now de ve been charging me 100 naira per day and am not using d mb, I want to port or any remedy to this pls!
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
newman10: I just need glo to explain why their 30mb on bounce is not more than 7mb in the real sense
True, they really have to explain it.
With the 13MB I subscribed yesterday, I was able to download and install Yahoo! Mail App 4.38MB, Droidvpn 1.66MB and Tun.ko Installer 1.69MB, totalling 7.73MB. This was in addition to synchronising of my E-mails, creating this thread on Nairaland, resetting my password at the Droidvpn website and other things I did online. In all, I still have 2MB left with me.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 9:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
Buzi06: please and please, I mistakenly subscribed to etisalat bb for a day plan, de will give 50mb and I can't use it on my android, ok, to deactivate it is not working as well, for week now de ve been charging me 100 naira per day and am not using d mb, I want to port or any remedy to this pls!
I think you should call their customer care 200 and asked them to deactivate auto renewal for you. Alternatively, exhaust the money you have on your line as this will make them to automatically stop the BIS plan from being renewed when there's no longer money for them to deduct.
I hope this will solve the problem. Thank you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by horladtop(m): 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2013
glo dey try compare to Airtel

1 Like

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Buzi06: 10:55pm On Sep 14, 2013
der is notin i ve nt tried, wen ever i recharge de will deduct it and der dnt pik der call center
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by cowboyvs(m): 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
I Have Had A Most Bitter Experience with the Glo Blackberry internet service. Being a blogger and a student who carries out research online on a regular basis I require a constant internet conectivity to do my work and keep in touch.
After the expiration of my MTN BIS on sunday, I felt like having a change of network. I called (333) Glo blackberry internet service
1) It took more than hours before the customer care Rep picked my call. When she did, she started by asking some demeaming questions which I answered her. She inquired of my blackberry phone model and I told her(Bold 3). She then went ahead and gave me the code for subscription.
2) On monday, I sent the Code and #1000 was debited from my account balance. A message was sent to me shortly, notifying me that I have now subsribed to the Glo BIS. For hours I noticed i still couldn't browse with my phone, I called back their customer care and a rep told me to remove my battery and put it back which I did but still no show. I excercised patience and waited till the next day when I called back their customer care to my supprise the ultra rude lady who attended to me told me my device was no longer compatible with their network. I asked why and she told me about an upgrade and how my device is a CDMA Device and went further to suggest I find a device that is compatible with their network. I protested on why i wasn't informed earlier on before subscribing to their network and why they went ahead to deduct my money since the service I subsribed to wasn't compatible with my phone a Blackberry Bold 3. You can imagine my anger and fustration to cut a long story short. GLOBACOM NIG LTD is out to defraud Nigerians. If you value ur health and time, do not subscribe to Glo BIS service, for what I passed through in the hands of thieving Glo I wouldn't even wish for my enemy
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Hero10001: 12:23am On Sep 15, 2013
Hi Nairalanders,

I need somebody to help me out to figure what the heck is wrong with Glo.

I would have loved to report this to Mike Adenuga himself but it was due to some reasons.

A friend introduced Glo BB plan to me, He said all sweet things about them, not knowing that i'm going to get burnt.

I suscribed for Glo BBC Month for N1000 on last Friday by sending BBCMONTH to 777 and i got a sms that my BBC PLAN was successful, N1000 deducted and i should wait for one hour to get it running.

Up till now, it's not working!!!

I made several calls to the Glo customer service (121) after 30 minutes, a lady responded and asked me to call 333.

I called 333, it wasn't reachable, the computer voice redirected me to 121, i dialed 121 again and the same lady asked to call 333.

At that point i was furious, she later calm me down and said i should provide her with my phone's IMEI number, BB pin, phone type and the service paid for.(can you imagined that??)

I call the third day only to find out they are working on my case to get it running.. abi na GEJ things

To cut the story short, it's been three days now without them activating the BB Service, anytime i call them which will take about 30 minutes for them to respond, A rude voice always tell me to be patient cos they are working on it.
their Customer service reps and so rude and incompetent.

Anybody that knows them should please help me find out whatta heck is wrong with them, i'm now rocking my BB with Airtel service.

abi dem wan chop my hard earned N1000 ni??

My Number is 08156192752

People should stop using their service, ther are phucking swindlers.

Thank you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by TGlobe: 1:23am On Sep 15, 2013
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by cheiwura: 2:23am On Sep 15, 2013
androidFather:

airtel too slow abeg angry angry
airtel can't open yahoo sad sad

My internet experience wt Airtel is better immagined than experienced! Snail speed. Oº°˚˚°ºMshwweww!

9ija for life is as fast as zaaaaaaaap
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by tunde1200(m): 2:39am On Sep 15, 2013
baynix: [size=16]Indigenous Thieves!! undecided

Airtel All The Way!![/size]

EXACTLY
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by tunde1200(m): 2:45am On Sep 15, 2013
Hero10001: Hi Nairalanders,

I would have loved to report this to Mike Adenuga himself but it was due to some reasons.

A friend introduced Glo BB plan to me, He said all sweet things about them, not knowing that i'm going to get burnt.

I suscribed for Glo BBC Month for N1000 on last Friday by sending BBCMONTH to 777 and i got a sms that my BBC PLAN was successful, N1000 deducted and i should wait for one hour to get it running.

I made several calls to the Glo customer service (121) after 30 minutes, a lady responded and asked me to call 333.

I called 333, it wasn't reachable, the computer voice redirected me to 121, i dialed 121 again and the same lady asked to call 333.

At that point i was furious, she later calm me down and said i should provide her with my phone's IMEI number, BB pin, phone type and the service paid for.(can you imagined that??)

I call the third day only to find out they are working on my case to get it running.. abi na GEJ things

To cut the story short, it's been three days now without them activating the BB Service, anytime i call them which will take about 30 minutes for them to respond, A rude voice always tell me to be patient cos they are working on it.

Anybody that knows them should please help me find out whatta heck is wrong with them, i'm now rocking my BB with Airtel service.

My Number is 08156192752

Thank you.

I feel your pain sorry, but even that airtel you choose becareful they are not that reliable asper deduction of money from your account they smart and wise in that.
I will prefare MTN for you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by ashdre: 3:55am On Sep 15, 2013
tonasibe:
Yup......even their 30MB na scam.......I'll soon port self
. seconder.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 6:28am On Sep 15, 2013
Hero10001: Hi Nairalanders,

My Number is 08156192752

Thank you.
Very sorry for the bitter experience you are having using your GLO BIS Internet subscription. But, the fact that the service is not running now means your BIS subscription isn't activated yet.
Please, text Status to 777 and see what the reply would be.
However, calling people to boycott GLO network even without testing their service yet for a second is not too fair. Thank you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 6:33am On Sep 15, 2013
cheiwura:

My internet experience wt Airtel is better immagined than experienced! Snail speed. Oº°˚˚°ºMshwweww!

9ija for life is as fast as zaaaaaaaap

Even though Airtel's BIS Internet service is working on Android devices smoothly without rooting their service via Blackberry servers, I will not still use it because, the time I was subscribing to it was always complaining as a result of their snail movement network, despite the fact that 3G will be displaying on my phone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta / iPhone 5 is Finally Here / Get Airtel 175mb For N200 Validity 7days. android & lite PC users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.