Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,710 members, 7,972,620 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 02:26 PM

What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? (26464 Views)

See What This Bi-sexual Lady To Her Ex-boyffriend Who Broke Her Heart / Guys And Girls: What Is The Right Age To Start Thinking Of Marriage? / What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2008
LadyT:

Jenny my love. A girl deserves the chance to live and explore life and have some quality time to herself. Why marry at 18 when she can do it at 25?

by this time she has explored she knows herself better and she will feel she is 100% ready to look after someone else! She has a good education, Job and some money of her own!

Marriage is a patnership I would rather go into my marriage as an equal with my husband even if he is the head of the household I know I am the rock he can rest on when the weight of the world gets to much because I am ready I am a woman not a girl.

yeah i understand u ladyt.but some people even after exploring well.they still don't know theirselves,marriage is all about maturity in the mind,and we all know that maturity has got nothing to do wt age,if a girl feels shes matured in d mind and in her thinking faculty then let her go ahead
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Godalone(m): 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2008
LadyT:

Jenny my love. A girl deserves the chance to live and explore life and have some quality time to herself. Why marry at 18 when she can do it at 25?

by this time she has explored she knows herself better and she will feel she is 100% ready to look after someone else! She has a good education, Job and some money of her own!

Marriage is a patnership I would rather go into my marriage as an equal with my husband even if he is the head of the household I know I am the rock he can rest on when the weight of the world gets to much because I am ready I am a woman not a girl.
Good research my sister.
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Godalone(m): 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2008
My wife was a bit above 18 when i married her,she is the leading student in her department and the best in her level in the faculty.
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Rockchick(f): 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2008
Marriage @ any age is by choice but being married @ your teens may not exactly be ideal in some situations . like Lady T mentioned. you need to explore the world and Enjoy the pleasures of Education.

in civilised societies people marry at 18 or younger as well but they have a world out there. i dont support it when its an african marriage cuz in most cases it can be bondage and there is no hope for self development when you get in.

Correct me if i am wrong but i really dont think teenage marriages are  ideal cuz when will you enjoy life? I dont know an ideal age to get marrid cuz people are marrying for many reasons. what i think is priority is Love and Maturity!
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Godalone(m): 12:53pm On Jun 20, 2008
@Rockchik,
what stops a woman from enjoying life? May be i did not get your point are you saying it does not allow a lady to play around? Please which life are you talking about?
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 20, 2008
my question is after enjoying life to d fullest what if u end up single and frustrated what happens?

im sure they will start buying husbands in d market
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by 9jaboi1(m): 12:55pm On Jun 20, 2008
Jenny no veks O!
R u married?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2008
9ja boi:

Jenny no veks O!
R u married?

yep i am,why do u ask?noo i no vex
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Rockchick(f): 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2008
My Days in University in Naija, i used to see girls with Big tummies trying to sort out school and married life. it was so much stress and i just wondered how they coped with it all. i guess people are brought up in Different ways. when i was a teenager , i want to Enjoy life and see the world. i believe there is more to see. personally i am not particularly an advocate of rushed marriages or marriages because your culture demands it. i do find my opinions being challenged from time to time and i feel strongly about female rights. people call it rants or frustration but i have had to be a shoulder for a couple of divorced and sad women to cry on. not all marriages are bad, but its better to be prepared than marry someone and stay there being so bored and asking yourself what the hell you are doing there.

if it suits you, then fine. let us be responsible for our actions. i tell women that the owrld is not going to stop because you made a good or bad decision with your life. the world keeps turning. personally, i have achieved what i wanted to achieve and i want more for myself.
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by 9jaboi1(m): 12:59pm On Jun 20, 2008
then I conclude, You must be a housewife
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Godalone(m): 1:00pm On Jun 20, 2008
Some people are here to console themselves.
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 20, 2008
Nigeria boi:

then I conclude, You must be a housewife

what a foolish conclusion. . . . . . . . . . . . did i tell u im a house wife,or u think i wasted years of my life in d medical field just to end up sitting at a place,shine ur eyes well
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by beauteous(f): 1:01pm On Jun 20, 2008
werin mk u nor go work angry
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Rockchick(f): 1:01pm On Jun 20, 2008
jennykadry:

my question is after enjoying life to d fullest what if u end up single and frustrated what happens?

im sure they will start buying husbands in d market

No thats not it jenny, its not about enjoying life to the fullest. some people want more but settle for less. it depends on individuality. if someone marries ealry and it wrks for her fine. not all single people are frustrated wink some people are single for so many reason

@Godalone

Read my post, i said i stand corrected. the fact that i dont really encourage it, doesnt mean its wrong. if it works for you then its all good.
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2008
beauteous:

9jai boi keep flirting n jenny stay away frm my hubby.y u nor dey work sef? angry

beauteous darling na work i dey ooo,i say make i touch nairaland small cheesy cheesy cheesy 9jaboi say i be house wife,make i kuku dey do wetin house wives dey do, cheesy
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Rockchick(f): 1:03pm On Jun 20, 2008
Godalone:

Some people are here to console themselves.

when someone talks here is consolation. listen to yourself! you are supposed to be mature but all i can see is that you seem to be losin it. so what if people are consoling themselves? how that it affect you except that you want to look for some trouble.
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by beauteous(f): 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2008
lmao cheesy
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by ololomu(m): 1:07pm On Jun 20, 2008
my mother married at 14 but she ended up becoming a lawyer. she is only 16 years older than me. It is only mentally mad men that will marry ladies above 21 years because they are already too old for a wife. GUYS GO FOR sweet sixteen abeg.
Rockchick:

My Days in University in Naija, i used to see girls with Big tummies trying to sort out school and married life. it was so much stress and i just wondered how they coped with it all. i guess people are brought up in Different ways. when i was a teenager , i want to Enjoy life and see the world. i believe there is more to see. personally i am not particularly an advocate of rushed marriages or marriages because your culture demands it. i do find my opinions being challenged from time to time and i feel strongly about female rights. people call it rants or frustration but i have had to be a shoulder for a couple of divorced and sad women to cry on. not all marriages are bad, but its better to be prepared that marry someone and stay there being so bored and asking yourself what the hell you are doing there.

if it suits you, then fine. let us be responsible for our actions. i tell women that the owrld is not going to stop because you made a good or bad decision with your life. the world keeps turning. personally, i have achieved what i wanted to achieve and i want more for myself.
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 20, 2008
Rockchick:

when someone talks here is consolation. listen to yourself! you are supposed to be mature but all i can see is that you seem to be losin it. so what if people are consoling themselves? how that it affect you except that you want to look for some trouble.

i understand u ,i get u from ur own point of view
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2008
ololomu:

my mother married at 14 but she ended up becoming a lawyer. she is only 16 years older than me. It is only mentally mad men that will marry ladies above 21 years because they are already too old for a wife. GUYS GO FOR sweet sixteen abeg.

and that is why your sister even at 21 ended up wt one of them and is now crying for help
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Godalone(m): 1:10pm On Jun 20, 2008
Rockchick:

Oh! it affects you,i no know o sorry .
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Rockchick(f): 1:11pm On Jun 20, 2008
Godalone:

Oh! it affects you,i no know o sorry .

now u sound like a Decomposed cunt! Zip it man, i am not assed about you. yes i am over 21. 28 to be exact so shut it and stop being a shrunk prick!
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2008
Godalone and Rockchick its ok,we are not here to fight,u guys should calm down
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Rockchick(f): 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2008
ololomu:

No Wonder your sis is being shagged in the Ass! You are just a Peodophile. am sure those NA GIRLS WEY DEY SELL ORANGE YOU DEY SHAG!!! i pity ur sorry ass!
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Rockchick(f): 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2008
ok, i am not fighting but if they thorw another punch then i will fight back grin grin
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Godalone(m): 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2008
Rockchick:

ok, i am not fighting but if they thorw another punch then i will fight back grin grin
Are you Mike Tyson?
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Godalone(m): 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2008
@Rockchick,
I am coming back let me save my database from this stupid hacker.
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by ololomu(m): 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2008
my sisters problem is late marriage  and not early marriage. she suppose to marry before 18 but she did not. u are considered to old after 18 in my village and thats why she married white. her immediate older married at 16 without any problem. my last sister is planning marriage this year at 16 also. For my place, i dont think if any body will ask ur hand in a marriage 18 years becos u are too old for wife.
jennykadry:

and that is why your sister even at 21 ended up wt one of them and is now crying for help
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 20, 2008
@ololomu

i can see you're from another part of d igbo land,a place where we igbos don't know?no wonder u people worship d gods of your fore fathers ,so its not a big deal,but d fact that d men marry 12 yr old women does not mean u should criticise other people who r not married or married later dan that age
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by 9jaboi1(m): 1:25pm On Jun 20, 2008
ROCKCHIK!
I know wat it feels like, U sound really pissed/
Its nt yaw fault, evry over matured spinster will do the same.
Good luck in yaw husband finding!
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by MyAfriplac: 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2008
The right age to be married is the age that a woman feels she has found her life long mate. The reason for this at least in this present age is that there are a lot of unhappy marriages and broken homes. Unhappiness leads to infidelity and a lot of turmoil.

www.myafriplace.com
Re: What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? by smooooooth: 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2008
there's nothing like right age to get married,any age is okay, whats more important is that people should marry for all the right reasons with love right at the center of it. all these una talk dey make girls rush into marriage,and in no distant time,they start regretting.

abeg its better to be married @ 99 and be happy than 16 and live in regret.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Does Body Count Actually Count? / Which Of These Is The Most Important In A Relationship? / Singles: What Are The Habits/Lifestyle You Won't Abandon After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.