Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,621 members, 7,918,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:07 PM

Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. (1304 Views)

Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? / Please Inform Your Neighbor, Don't Allow Him To Commit That Succide. / Help My Neighbor, Her Husband Beats Her Mercilessly And Threatens To Kill Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. by chummybro(f): 1:27pm On Jun 20, 2008
Human Trafficking is the recruitment and or the transportation of persons by others using violence or the threat of violence, abuse of authority or domination position, deception or other forms of coercion, for the purpose of exploiting them sexually or economically for the profit or advantage of others, such as recruiters, traffickers, intermediaries, employers, customers or crime syndicates.
The victims, (often economically disadvantaged young girls and women) are lured with false promises of good-paying jobs, job training, education and better lives in the civilized western countries, as well as, other developing nations.
The traffickers do procure documents/entry visas for the victims.
Upon arrival at the final destinations, the traffickers confiscate the documents.
Victims are often subjected to physical and psychological torture. In addition, in many instances, there is a threat of physical harm to their relatives in their country of origin. Effectively trapped, they are forced to work under brutal and inhuman conditions.
Most victims who are trafficked are isolated and remain undetected by the public because:
• The strategies used by the perpetrators isolate and prevent them from coming forward, and
• The public and the victim service providers have only recently become aware of human trafficking and may not be familiar with how to recognize or respond to trafficking victims.

PLEASE OUR FELLOW NIGERIANS ABROAD, HOW CAN YOU HELP POOR NIGERIANS AND EVEN OTHER AFRICANS WHO ARE BROUGHT THERE BY A TRAFFICKER?  DRAW THE ATTENTION OF POLICE AND FIGHT FOR THE POOR VICTIM AND MAKE SURE THAT THE TRAFFICKER IS OUTRIGHTLY DEPORTED AND BANNED FROM SUCH COUNTRY? Let us all be our neighbor’s keeper. Though I understand that you guys especially in America are doing your best, thank you.

And please, if you hear that some body (Trafficker) is taking some one you know abroad, please be curious enough to find out on what grounds. IT IS A HUMANTARIAN FIGHT AGAINST TRAFFICKING. Because is very bad and it gives our country a bad name . We are ONE NIGERIA and one AFRICA.
Re: Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. by benincitys(f): 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2008
my sister there is notthing we abroad can do about it those of you in Nigerian should stop them from coming, and there is nothing like false promise they know what they are coming here to do, you call them poor victim nothing like poor victim they want to get rich quick , get rich or dead trying sorry my sister i want to live long oooooo
Re: Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. by typical: 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2008
who is this woman sef? all those girls know they are going abroad to become prostitutes so dont come and tell us cock and bull stories here.

if they dont get caught and they make plenty of money we no go hear trafikking story. If they get caught in some trouble they always have nonsense stories to tell.
We know all these things. forget story
Re: Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. by benincitys(f): 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2008
even a baby in Nigerian no what they are coming here to do ,those who are being traffic.
Re: Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. by ifyalways(f): 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2008
greed,poverty,greeeeeeeeeed ! ! !
Re: Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. by mohawkchic(f): 7:37pm On Jun 21, 2008
~Very Sad Circumstances to befall.

~There was a programme aired about Human Trafficking it featured some Nigerian girls living in Italy,who claimed they were only Prostituting to pay back the Traffickers and that their families were been threaten if they don't pay back!!

~A priest was trying to help out but this One Particular girl kept hitting the Red Light District even after promises were made by the Priest's parish to help sort out the money and her papers,it was clear she just wanted her papers sorted and was giving some BS about vodoo things they'll do to her and her family!! so i can relate to Typical's post!!
Re: Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. by manmustwac(m): 7:43pm On Jun 21, 2008
I can even go to benin city tomorrow and tell a babe that i'll sponsor her here to london to do prostitution and she'd be more than happy to leave the country. No be poverty dey cause am?
Re: Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. by benincitys(f): 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2008
ifyalways:

greed,poverty,greeeeeeeeeed ! ! !
i agree with ifyalways is greed everybody want to build a house .
Re: Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. by mohawkchic(f): 11:04pm On Jun 21, 2008
manmustwac:

I can even go to benin city tomorrow and tell a babe that i'll sponsor her here to london to do prostitution and she'd be more than happy to leave the country. No be poverty dey cause am?

~Yes it is Poverty BUT let's not forget there are genuine Victims who dont deserve to be those circumstances,for instance kids,they have no choice in these matters!! Which brings us back to Poverty,some parents are willing to sacrifice anything for their kids to have a better life!!
Re: Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. by manmustwac(m): 10:54pm On Jun 22, 2008
mohawkchic:

~Yes it is Poverty BUT let's not forget there are genuine Victims who don't deserve to be those circumstances,for instance kids,they have no choice in these matters!! Which brings us back to Poverty,some parents are willing to sacrifice anything for their kids to have a better life!!
sure parents will sacrifice their children in order to have a better life. We know its wrong but its only thing they can think of to escape poverty.
Re: Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. by typical: 10:15am On May 07, 2009
manmustwac:

sure parents will sacrifice their children in order to have a better life. We know its wrong but its only thing they can think of to escape poverty.

so they must mortgage their children's lives for money, ko?
Re: Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. by Thor(m): 10:21am On May 07, 2009
Don't think that there are too many Nigerians being trafficked, more like Asians especially the Chinese. Nigerians normally enter countries by their own crooked means and have no use for traffickers lipsrsealed
Re: Human Trafficking, Be Your Neighbor's Keeper. by Outstrip(f): 3:28am On May 09, 2009
mohawkchic the voodoo thing (though I did not watch this particular program) is very real. Every single one of those girls are made to swear to some juju that they will die or that bad things will happen to their family members and they believe it. So you can tell them that you will give them police protection but their mind is really on the blood oath they took.
I have also heard that some of these girls are minors that their parents sell them without the minors even being aware until they get to Italy or wherever.

(1) (Reply)

Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? / Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? / Marriage,wife And Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.