Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,435 members, 7,888,345 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 04:42 AM

Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board (28046 Views)

Medview Passengers Coming Out After Their Plane Made An Emergency Landing / Medview Plane Makes Emergency Air Return To Lagos / Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by ajalaolanr(m): 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
The child's nationality is the Airspace at which she was born, his case Spain....Nigerians are so mis informed oh all the time they make comments..
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by bolayei: 1:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
on point
CFCfan:

"Under the 1944 Convention on International Civil Aviation, articles 17–21, all aircraft have the nationality of the state in which they are registered, and may not have multiple nationalities. For births, the law of the aircraft's nationality is applicable, and for births that occur in flight while the aircraft is not within the territory of any state, it is the only applicable law. However, if the aircraft is in or flying over the territory of another state, that state may also have concurrent jurisdiction, and the locus in quo principle may apply to the exact position of the aircraft when the birth occurred"

from that wiki paragraph, one can conclude that the baby is a Nigerian (if place of birth was indeed the Mediterranean Sea). However, as Arik uses a Portuguese registered aircraft on its London flights, the child may be a Portuguese citizen (still assuming place of birth was over the Mediterranean Sea)
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by lorddarshwood(m): 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
What's the baby's nationality pls,is he/she going to be a spanish,or a british or a nigerian,or an airborn,any idea 162nd to comment
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by 3ace(m): 1:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
She desired London but unfortunately got Palmas in the end. Oh, what a pity!
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by richy1473(m): 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
Oga@TheTop:

Walahi you are not alone... Okija, smh.. cheesy
. He(okija-juju)wanted to write 'jand' but his juju changed it thru their 'juju.

1 Like

Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by Princek12(m): 1:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ujujoan: Having a child in London doesn't give the child automatic citizenship so you guys should stop displaying your ignorance!

Maybe she was travelling for a better medical care so nobody should blame her for that.

It is also possible that London was not her final destination.
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by Afritop(m): 1:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
The woman could want a british citizenship conferred on her child and as such might have presented a contradictory medical report or connived with her doctor. Its just that spanish citizenship will be conferred on the child and the doctor might deny giving any medical report to the mother
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by tpia5: 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
All these stunts.

Ok, thank God for the safe arrival of the baby?
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by satellitedaisy: 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
unuane1:
Hmmm, where did you school?
Una two na the same lipsrsealed
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by michealade(m): 1:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
nora544: I know in London they can look if the baby was borne to early or not.

when she lie with the certificate, she will have a problem because when there is a passenger who lost his fly to an other country because the plane has to make a stop over in an outher country, than this passanger can ask the woman that she have to pay the new fly for him.
I dobn't understand how a woman can make something like that only that she can give birth in UK.
I don't want the problems this woman has now, because doctors in Uk will tell the truth about the weeks she was pregnant.
God help my fellow country pipu..see bombzzz dis early morning

1 Like

Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by seankay(m): 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2013

when she lie with the certificate, she will have a problem because when there is a passenger who lost his fly to an other country because the plane has to make a stop over in an outher country, than this passanger can ask the woman that she have to pay the new fly for him.
I dobn't understand how a woman can make something like that only that she can give birth in UK.
I don't want the problems this woman has now, because doctors in Uk will tell the truth about the weeks she was pregnant.
This has to be a joke
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by tpia5: 1:42pm On Sep 16, 2013
Afritop: The woman could want a british citizenship conferred on her child and as such might have presented a contradictory medical report or connived with her doctor. Its just that spanish citizenship will be conferred on the child and the doctor might deny giving any medical report to the mother

The UK does not confer citizenship at birth if the parents are not citizens.
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by chiogoezubem(f): 1:52pm On Sep 16, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
I suggest the name should be ARIKATU or TOKUNBO

Kikikikikihehehehehe! ARIKATU indeed. ROTFL!
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by sweetestguy(m): 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hehehe the next woman will want to give birth in a ship
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by omar22(m): 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2013
These are the looney decision some of our authorities make! another flight would have prevented that lady getting onboard due to situations that just happened.

Arik will definitely be paying a hefty fine for allowing her unboard.
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by iterator25: 1:56pm On Sep 16, 2013
nora544: I know in London they can look if the baby was borne to early or not.when she lie with the certificate, she will have a problem because when there is a passenger who lost his fly to an other country because the plane has to make a stop over in an outher country, than this passanger can ask the woman that she have to pay the new fly for him. I dobn't understand how a woman can make something like that only that she can give birth in UK.I don't want the problems this woman has now, because doctors in Uk will tell the truth about the weeks she was pregnant.
I'm leaving this country angry ..I'm So traumatized embarassed
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by kulex2k1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
lucenzo: your english na die cool
Oga calm down na u suppose know say d guy purposely use "born"!!! btw e still try pass u, e speak inglish.
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by dgifted: 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2013

You have a point.. LOL cheesy]
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by chiogoezubem(f): 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2013

What!!! Wow! Seriously?!
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by kulex2k1(m): 2:10pm On Sep 16, 2013

WTF!!!....I'll just shoot myself instead of reading dis d 2nd time.

2 Likes

Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 16, 2013
CFCfan:
I guess it will be Palmas, Spain because the plane was in Spanish airspace at the time of birth.
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by iterator25: 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
nora544: I know in London they can look if the baby was borne to early or not.when she lie with the certificate, she will have a problem because when there is a passenger who lost his fly to an other country because the plane has to make a stop over in an outher country, than this passanger can ask the woman that she have to pay the new fly for him. I dobn't understand how a woman can make something like that only that she can give birth in UK.I don't want the problems this woman has now, because doctors in Uk will tell the truth about the weeks she was pregnant.
If for say internet de like one kind physical realm, I for just plank you..
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
Yungwizzzy: how would the parents write the child's birth place??
the child birth place is arik air cabin as a blooded nigerian. nansence risk
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by tpia5: 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2013
the visa official who gave her the visa nko?
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by tpia5: 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
seankay:
This has to be a joke

the person doesnt sound nigerian.
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
So who go give am birth certificate now? Pilot or doctors in France ?
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by tucee31: 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hehehe... woman is it by force?!
She shld name d child ARIK
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by tucee31: 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2013

Ok ok, are u for real?lipsrsealed
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by Smooyis(m): 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
I suggest the name should be ARIKATU or TOKUNBO
TOkunbo or TORUNBO? Lol
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by Janeify(f): 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2013
[quote
author=BigBelleControl]Nigerians and their attitude of going to abroad
to give birth all in the name if acquiring citizenship. What would have
happened to her if no doctors were on board.[/quote]
Re: Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board by TayoT: 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
Napoleondegreat: It seems she wanted to born the child in London.

Wonder which country the baby would claim now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Railway Stories Government Won’t Tell Nigerians / Lagos Bans Interstate Vehicles along Ikorodu Road. / Lagos Driver Places Plastic Chair In His Bus In Order To Make Extra Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.