Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,296 members, 7,884,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:29 PM

Mc Donalds In West Africa? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mc Donalds In West Africa? (5753 Views)

Fabbri Live Show @ Justfood West Africa / Rice In West African Port For Sale / The Fight That Ensued In Mc Donalds Ohio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Saiesta(f): 7:10pm On Jun 03, 2006
I Think Nigeria, Ghana and the other West-Africa countries need Mc Donalds in their home countries grin
I know they got Mr. Biggs, Nando's, Pizza In and everything but I think it's time for Mc Donalds to step up
But what do you all think ??

Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Badman888(m): 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2006
I dont think there is any point of them coming to west-africa just come and make our people fat

Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Seun(m): 7:38pm On Jun 03, 2006
I'd like to know why you think we need Mcdonalds to compete with our indigenous fast food joints.
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by queen2(f): 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2006
Wat do u expect them to sell then

Mac wat? Macsuya and other stuff grin
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Badman888(m): 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2006
mac moin moin
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Eastcoast(f): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2006
i got to agree with seun on this one. there is nothing so special about micky dee. what do they even serve that you think they are so needed in naija? is it NO. 4 you want? go and buy it at Mr. biggs, is it icecream? go to biggs, is it chicken nuggets? make yours. is it french fries? again you can make yours. Their presence is definitely not needed. they will 9gerians dry. angry
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by DaHitler(m): 9:31am On Jun 04, 2006
Badman888, what makes you so sure that Mc Donalds is any more likely to fatten up west Africans than our traditional dishes that are basically swimming in palm oil?
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Nobody: 3:03am On Jul 02, 2006
as if we don't have enough problems, please let them not come add obesity, diabetes etc to our problems jare, @ Afeni palmoil is almost cholestrol free so we can drink it if we want.
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by mamaput(f): 12:19pm On Jul 02, 2006
mac bird flu
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Nobody: 4:15am On Jul 27, 2006
lol u guys r funny
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Raymand(m): 8:29am On Jul 27, 2006
mr biggs rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by PTBNaija(f): 5:59am On Jul 31, 2006
While I was in Nigeria, I didn't miss McDonald's one bit. Honestly now that I'm back in the states I have a different thought. That the US needs something like Mr. Biggs. I mean, wow, that food is amazing!

And besides, McDonalds is loaded up with all this junk that's not good for you. I agree with the other posters that we don't have to carry the American health problems to Nigeria too. Because once those type of fast food restaurants come, so will the large portions and diabetes, hypertension, high blood pressure and such and such will follow. There was actually an article in the local newspaper not just a few days ago about how African immgrants first have good health but after being in the US for a while, blood pressure and everything starts to go up. And we all know that it's because of American food. It's not healthy period. And besides, Mr. Biggs > McDonalds.
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by ladex142(m): 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2006
Noo!, there's no need for that, Mr Biggs and others is there
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by mamaput(f): 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2006
Is there any need for fastfood.
what happened to the good old mamaputs.
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by dblock(m): 2:22am On Sep 25, 2006
who gives a didley bout indigenous fast food joints, i understand your perspective and it's the right perspective and i know i am argueing for the wrong crowd here, but mc do is one of the best and why should niggarians, sorry, sorry, yeah why should nigerians have to settle for less, either we raise the standards of our joints now or let foreigners in.
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by dblock(m): 2:25am On Sep 25, 2006
And the only reason why mc donalds aren't in nigeria is because of sanitation, they only work in countries with buisness opportuties and a good sanitation level, we got the first one but not the second, but mcdonalds will be coming for sure if current economic tremds continue, a huge clean u in nigeria is occuring, even the ugly but famous broad street in lagos island will be rebuilt and renamed brook street. peace  cool
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by ladex142(m): 4:22am On Sep 25, 2006
I don't see the standards of Mc Donald's (at least for NY) being higher than that of Mr Biggs and the rest of them because i have Nigerian friends who had one time worked in Mc Donalds before. They share their experience with me one day when they notice that i love McD milkshakes. They told me that i should come and see the machine they use in their basement in making these shakes, they talked about how dirty in the way some workers make them. They made me understand that some of these workers are dirty and that they only clean everything up when their managers come to inspect blah blah blah. Well, one can not really judge anything by that, but my point is that i don't see the standards being higher, it's just the idea that it's the Almighty Mc donalds or Almighty foreign resturant.
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by dblock(m): 5:21am On Sep 25, 2006
the mr biggs donuts are the best in the world but i don't know about their buggers
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by aloib(f): 7:07am On Sep 25, 2006
dblock:

the mr biggs donuts are the best in the world but i don't know about their buggers

huhhhhhhh mr biggs of all places, ewwww, talk of dunking doughnuts, biggs doesnt stand no where i even make better ones
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by dblock(m): 7:19am On Sep 25, 2006
yeah right, i wouldn't swap a mr biggs donut for a dunking donut, or any donut franchise, talkless of ur crap donuts, aloibicantacooku
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by aloib(f): 7:27am On Sep 25, 2006
lmao at the name u gave me, tell me wats so specail, even the lady who sells puffpuff down our junction even makes better ones that the so called pastry mr biggs doesnow u make me crave for puffpuff cry cry
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by dblock(m): 11:35pm On Sep 25, 2006
i was tryin to say that personally i prefer mr biggs donuts, i don't really like mr biggs but i love thier donuts, you may have a different opinon, but everyone is entitled to thier one opinion peace, gee i made 3 enemies today cry cry cry cry
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Hunter(m): 10:51am On Oct 05, 2006
McDonald's doesn't make people fat, people make themselves fat off eating it. Nobody forces you to eat it.
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Ferlie(m): 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2007
we dont want to make our people fat o - just like the europeans and americans o, we no want junk food o. ewa and gaari is good.
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by finemocha(f): 1:53pm On Mar 08, 2007
actually

palm oil is extremely unhealthy for u, so no we would rather not drink it grin
secondly majority of europeans are smaller and skinnier and healthier than nigeirians,i live in the us and visit europe all the time, and go home often the smallest people i ahve seen are asians and europeans adn in asia they have lots of mcdonalds
thirdly, the whole idea of mcdonalds is to go somewhere where they can make ur chicken nuggest and icecream for u, fast food, so u arent bothered wiht it
well as for mcdonalds coming to naija, it would be another nice variety i think, and once htey feel that there ismoney to be made trust me they will be there. grin
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Bosdem(f): 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2007
[/quote][quote author=dblock link=topic=14416.msg624744#msg624744 date=1159158060]

My Biggs ke, instead of that i will settle for mamaput
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Ndipe(m): 8:01am On Sep 20, 2007
Macdonalds is not needed in Nigeria. Lets try to market our indigenous food to the world. I think our ethnic dishes can compete with other cuisines on the global scale.
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Pip(m): 9:45am On Oct 06, 2007
Hell Yeah. They can come if Affang, Ogbono, Moi moi, Akamu can be on their menu. After all Mr Biggs and others have gone nuclear
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by gozizi: 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2007
"palm oil is extremely unhealthy for u, so no we would rather not drink it
secondly majority of europeans are smaller and skinnier and healthier than nigeirians,i live in the us and visit europe all the time, and go home often the smallest people i ahve seen are asians and europeans adn in asia they have lots of mcdonalds"

@ finemocha
Please, jokes apart, palm oil is certified as excellent for your health. Dosent clog ur heart arteries, brightens your eyes, makes ur skin supple, etc. We consume it in its natural form u know. Most othr fats and oils used in cooking (@ Macs??) have an ingredient list that includes monosaturates, polysaturates, polyunsaturates, saccharides, lectin, and a host of other synthetic, chemically reconstituted blahs! Thats why they need a pretty pack and a pretty name to sell them. If they put the ingredient list on teh front of the pack, u'll run 4 ur life grin Props to good ol palm oil o jare grin grin

Meanwhile, if europeans are skinnier than us, its because its almost a treasonable offence in europe to be meaty grin grin lol grin grin Mama Africa no send!!
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 23, 2007
@ finemocha
Abeg which part of america do u live that has slimmer people than naija? I need to know 'cos just this summer I sent a friend with 50 ankara loose gowns (bou-bous) in sizes 14 to 20 to help me sell. she came back with 43 pieces - only size 20 was sold. They loved the gowns but have requested really large sizes. shocked grin shocked
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by nguage(m): 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2007
MacDonalds= fat people, stretch marks and all the bad things of this world.
Where am I going to find a wife if Naija girls start eating MacDonalds?
Re: Mc Donalds In West Africa? by Nijasingh: 11:46pm On Oct 13, 2009
Mac wat??  NOT for me!!

I prefer the HOT Akara and Moin-moin with Pap from mama shola's sitting under the mango tree!!
Instead of Milk shake i enjoy fresh palmwine!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Eating Avocado Pear. / I Went To An Occasion Today At Oriental Hotel I Was Served Beans And Dodo / Please Where Is The No 1 Spice Shop Or Market In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.