Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:16 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1018) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3538921 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) ... (1585) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistarsam(m): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2019
mistarsam:
https://www.nairaland.com/5104580/noun-pgd-students-please-come#7707072
Any PGD student in the house?

I would like to know the breakdown of the PGD school fees. Since PGD programs are mostly run for just two semesters, does it mean the total fee payable is just first semester compulsory fees of 35k for new students plus second semester fees of 18k for returning students or does it mean PGD students will pay the 35k twice?
I know this is asides the exam fees.
Thanks for your input.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 12:15pm On Mar 29, 2019
How To Solve GST TMA on Mylearningspace in Less Than 10 Minutes

Follow this step by step guide if you find it difficult to submit your GST TMA on mylearningspace

CLICK HERE >>>>> How To Solve GST TMA on Mylearningspace in Less Than 10 Minutes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by qanda: 1:10pm On Mar 29, 2019
For those that are not yet aware, NOUN 100-400L, 700-800L Exam Past Questions and Answers are available for download from the Undergraduate Past Question section of Q and A App.

Install the App from Playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by viktog(m): 2:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by topacs: 2:47pm On Mar 29, 2019
Please anyone with useful ideas or link for accessing and solving GST807

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
TMA is down again. Very soon they will close it

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LMDyaya(m): 3:37pm On Mar 29, 2019
Hello, please anyone who studies info tech here?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LMDyaya(m): 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2019
pyruvateluv:

Nonsense

Yeah
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by egojiokwu(m): 7:16pm On Mar 29, 2019
Samisha500:
FRESH UDPATE ON TMA!!!

All pending TMA with the status "please try again" are now open and active on www.nouonline.net

Complete your TMA as soon as possible!!!

The problem is still there. Does it mean they resolved it temporarily? It's still showing me "please try again ..."
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by naturalwaves: 7:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
pyruvateluv:

Nonsense
Same way they closed the first set without being able to do them. Smh
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2019
FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO GO FOR THE IT DEFENSE

Take note of the following:

1. Your dressing will be scored.

Hence, you are not expected to wear Jeans or round neck. Dress corporate/official. Use a suit if u have. You must tuck in. If you have a tie, please wear. Go as if you are applying for a job interview.

2. Your Confidence will be assessed

You must be bold and confident all the way. Do not allow the look of the officials to scare you..they are human beings and not beasts. Just be calm and vocal. A smile will help you gain confidence and be yourself throughout the interview. Remember that they have a lot of people to attend to..hence, be very brief, go straight to the point, don’t fidget, and answer only what you are being asked.. never beat around the bush and don’t mess with the patience and temper of the supervisors.

3. Your Integrity will be assessed

There is a way they try to detect whether or not you did the IT. One of the ways is to ask you some technical questions based on the content of your logbook or report. Possible questions they ask students are:

What are the impacts that the scheme has made upon you?”
Highlight some of the activities you practically learnt and carried out during the programme?

(answer them based on some of the activities you wrote that you carried out in some part of the logbook.. e.g. installation of software..you must be able to explain to them how a software is installed on a computer system)
Have a ready-made answer to questions like these.. and I don’t advise you to share your answer with anyone so that it won’t be to them like a planned work.
4. Your cordiality will be observed

Your speech pattern, spoken English, Character, Sense of maturity, Composure and other important factors about you will be observed and assessed. Be balanced in all sense.. don’t try to be too impressive and don’t try to be too slack or dull too.

5. Your documents must be on-point, complete and intact

You will be requested to submit your logbook and the other forms.. make sure that all sessions are completed successfully and accurately. Double check before proceeding for the interview/defense. Make sure that all the places that need to be stamped and signed are completed accordingly.

These are the little tips derived from the last semester IT defense.
Take note and Take heed.

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2019
GOOD EVENING EVERYONE

The online meeting for GST302 has been rescheduled APOLOGIES

SAME DATE:30TH OF MARCH

NEW TIME: 8AM

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistarsam(m): 12:41am On Mar 30, 2019
[quote author=mistarsam post=77088221][/quote]
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 5:56am On Mar 30, 2019
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

1.NOUN PAST QUESTIONS 100L-800L (PGD, Msc &MBA)

2. COURSE MATERIALS ALSO AVAILABLE FOR ALL PROGRAMMEs )WE DELIVER TO YOUR DOOR STEP..

3. WE JUST HAVE LESS THAN 5 DAYS OF SUBMITTING OUR TMA2 WHICH CLOSES ON THE 4TH OF APRIL...

DISTANCE IS NOT A BARRIER......

CHAT US ON WHATSAPP OR CALL ☎

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:10am On Mar 30, 2019
FROM Dr. S AWOLUMATE (GST302) FACILITATOR...

Hello everyone, It was a pleasure meeting you. This is just one of many online
meeting we would have this semester. We would have to organize subsequent
meeting according to your study centre. Kindly send me your name, study centre,
phone number and email address if you want volunteer as course representative
in your study centre.
For the benefit of those could not join or hear me. Find below the summary of
my brief introduction of GST302.
1. GST302 is all about Business Creation and Growth
2. You need to scanning Idea within your context
3. What is the relevance of the idea to the context
4. Level of Innovation and Creativity:
• What is new in the product or service as compared to existing ones?
• What is impact will it make on the users?
5.Level of Idea development
6.Demonstration of the Idea (Product or Service)
7. Finally, Idea Documentation (Business Plan)
• Executive Summary
• Product Idea and Description
• Proposed organisational structure
• Market Analysis
• Financial Analysis

You are require to forward to me number 2 - 6 on or before 5th April, 2019. I
will grade it and then give you permission to proceed with No. 7 (Idea
Documentation). I will be visiting Lagos (9am) and McCarthy (2pm) Study Centre
study centre on Monday (Kindly come briefly if your time permits). I will
schedule meeting with others study centres later.
You are all welcome on board.
Best wishes
Dr. Awolumate, Samuel

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SaintUlot: 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2019
Who knows any cheap and good hotel close to Noun Headquarter in Abuja? i want to go pickup my certificate.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fhranchez(m): 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2019
fellow nounites, anyone who has done his gst 101 tma should please send me the link. ejor/biko
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistarsam(m): 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2019
mistarsam:
https://www.nairaland.com/5104580/noun-pgd-students-please-come#7707072
Any PGD student in the house?

I would like to know the breakdown of the PGD school fees. Since PGD programs are mostly run for just two semesters, does it mean the total fee payable is just first semester compulsory fees of 35k for new students plus second semester fees of 18k for returning students or does it mean PGD students will pay the 35k twice?
I know this is asides the exam fees.
Thanks for your input.
I will keep on posting this till I get a response
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Teddyg2(m): 3:21pm On Mar 30, 2019
I think Google Map can answer that better than anybody here.
SaintUlot:
Who knows any cheap and good hotel close to Noun Headquarter in Abuja? i want to go pickup my certificate.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tessyy1701: 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2019
Samisha500:
FRESH UDPATE ON TMA!!!

All pending TMA with the status "please try again" are now open and active on www.nouonline.net

Complete your TMA as soon as possible!!!

One of My TMA is still saying *please try again*
What should I do?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 4:47pm On Mar 30, 2019
Disclaimer: To All Our Visitors

The website (nounitesportal.com) would like to inform all our visitors that we are in no way associated with the National Open University of Nigeria NOUN and we will NEVER request any payment from you as our goal is simply to help NOUNites with our contents.

READ MORE >>>>>> Disclaimer: To All Our Visitors
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 30, 2019
Samisha500:
FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO GO FOR THE IT DEFENSE

Take note of the following:

1. Your dressing will be scored.

Hence, you are not expected to wear Jeans or round neck. Dress corporate/official. Use a suit if u have. You must tuck in. If you have a tie, please wear. Go as if you are applying for a job interview.

2. Your Confidence will be assessed

You must be bold and confident all the way. Do not allow the look of the officials to scare you..they are human beings and not beasts. Just be calm and vocal. A smile will help you gain confidence and be yourself throughout the interview. Remember that they have a lot of people to attend to..hence, be very brief, go straight to the point, don’t fidget, and answer only what you are being asked.. never beat around the bush and don’t mess with the patience and temper of the supervisors.

3. Your Integrity will be assessed

There is a way they try to detect whether or not you did the IT. One of the ways is to ask you some technical questions based on the content of your logbook or report. Possible questions they ask students are:

What are the impacts that the scheme has made upon you?”
Highlight some of the activities you practically learnt and carried out during the programme?

(answer them based on some of the activities you wrote that you carried out in some part of the logbook.. e.g. installation of software..you must be able to explain to them how a software is installed on a computer system)
Have a ready-made answer to questions like these.. and I don’t advise you to share your answer with anyone so that it won’t be to them like a planned work.
4. Your cordiality will be observed

Your speech pattern, spoken English, Character, Sense of maturity, Composure and other important factors about you will be observed and assessed. Be balanced in all sense.. don’t try to be too impressive and don’t try to be too slack or dull too.

5. Your documents must be on-point, complete and intact

You will be requested to submit your logbook and the other forms.. make sure that all sessions are completed successfully and accurately. Double check before proceeding for the interview/defense. Make sure that all the places that need to be stamped and signed are completed accordingly.

These are the little tips derived from the last semester IT defense.
Take note and Take heed.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 1:04am On Mar 31, 2019
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

1.NOUN PAST QUESTIONS 100L-800L (PGD, Msc &MBA)

2. COURSE MATERIALS ALSO AVAILABLE FOR ALL PROGRAMMEs )WE DELIVER TO YOUR DOOR STEP..

3. WE JUST HAVE LESS THAN 4 DAYS OF SUBMITTING OUR TMA2 WHICH CLOSES ON THE 4TH OF APRIL...

DISTANCE IS NOT A BARRIER......

CHAT US ON WHATSAPP OR CALL ☎

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by topeaz: 8:01am On Mar 31, 2019
Dear colleague

Please assist with this TMA 2 question for STT205

In a given sports activity, the annual rate of accidents is of about 4 per thousand people. An insurance company has 3000 insured clients that practice such sports activity. A good approximation of the number of accident compensations the insurance company will have to pay in a given year is given by the distribution.

OPTIONS ARE

(A) Poisson (λ = 12)
(B) Binomial (p = 0.4, n = 3000)
(C) Poisson (λ = 48)
(D) N (12, σ2 = 12
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by broadstreet: 10:20am On Mar 31, 2019
pls honourable house, when is next admission portal going to open. pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SQLmastar(m): 10:50am On Mar 31, 2019
Somebody did Centre transfer from Makurdi to Abuja. She wrote exams but all her papers came out as Fail. This is someone who was sure of what she wrote and also has excellent TMA scores.
During the exams she was asked to submit her scripts separately from others (since she is a transfer student).

Do you think her scripts were actually marked?
What is the way forward for her?

Cc: kazreem
Anthonyo15
Samisha500, etc
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 12:24pm On Mar 31, 2019
ATTENTION!!!

Assignments 2 & 6 of Gst302 are to be submitted via this email...
sawolumate@noun.edu.ng

Southwest only

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zuma4k(m): 12:37pm On Mar 31, 2019
Nounitesportal:
How To Solve GST TMA on Mylearningspace in Less Than 10 Minutes

Follow this step by step guide if you find it difficult to submit your GST TMA on mylearningspace

CLICK HERE >>>>> How To Solve GST TMA on Mylearningspace in Less Than 10 Minutes
The steps in your post seem kinda confusing, please try to simplify a bit more as I'm still experiencing difficulties assessing the TMAs. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by theguvnor: 4:38pm On Mar 31, 2019
Hello Nounites, please any 200 or 300 level BSc Economics student here? Please reach out, I have a quick question.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by waistaa(f): 6:21pm On Mar 31, 2019
Please is there any student studying Masters in Business Administration 3rd or 4th semester? onuohamaka@gmail.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by egojiokwu(m): 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2019
SQLmastar:
Somebody did Centre transfer from Makurdi to Abuja. She wrote exams but all her papers came out as Fail. This is someone who was sure of what she wrote and also has excellent TMA scores.
During the exams she was asked to submit her scripts separately from others (since she is a transfer student).

Do you think her scripts were actually marked?
What is the way forward for her?

Cc: kazreem
Anthonyo15
Samisha500, etc
It's very easy to misplace such script. Visit your study centre and follow up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) ... (1585) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.