Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,335 members, 7,974,423 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 01:55 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3646126 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) ... (1597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ade2291(m): 7:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
Enskynelson:

Nice input. You made clear points there and I agree with you completely on the issues raised and your views. Remember though that HND holders gets 200L in NOUN as against 300L I'm most institutions. And PG admission is like other institutions as well. So, the admission you are referring to is 100L specifically.
The aspect of online facilitation, can you please throw more light please.

In other credible institutions like Uniben for example, whether you present ND, HND or you are applying for a PG program, you must get the DE/PG form and sit for a test. That test is an important part of all admissions which all good institutions handles thoroughly.

For the aspect of online facilitation, the school should do more by making it an essential process for all students. More qualified tutors should be employed to handle the different courses, and there should be a way to detect defaulters who wouldn't participate in it, plus setting a penalty for not taking part. These are some of the things the conventional institutions are doing which gives them all the hype.

If this is implemented, people can no longer bash the school for not holding physical classes to teach the students. Naturally, Nigeria isn't used to this kinda system of studying, and this is another reason the public still look down on the school. Nigerians always want things to come hard, and yes, the harder it is the more valuable it would be for them. This is the mentality of most Nigerians.

I just need something to shun all blabbers up, and let them know that NOUN also produces good graduates like other conventional institutions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by doghorp(m): 9:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
Noun is suppose to be a school for people who are working. And they are coping what University of South Africa are doing is an open and distance learning university. They will give you assignment which will be solved and the score will placed on their website like noun. Exam is written at South Africa Embassy. Go and look at that School ranking in Africa and in the world you will University of South Africa. Our Conventional University they learn work for were them dey. No face to face lecture like Noun just study guide.
You guys think everybody in Noun doesn't know what he or she is doing. Go to conventional University we have intelligent and Dull people same with Noun. Some people just want to have the Degree while keeping their jobs. I have HND Mechanical Engineering but I have been looking for School to do HND Mechanical Engineering conversion program the ones that are credible are far away from me, the only option close to me is very corrupt when they know that you are working they will suck u dry. so in other to keep my Job and to further my Education I choose Noun. I am doing Bsc Physics. After my first Degree I will do my master's in a Conventional University. I have experience in the Telecommunication and oil and gas sector, I feel discriminated because people see HND holder as if they don't know anything but some HND Graduate are better than University graduate likewise some University Graduate are better than HND Graduate
Nigeria like discrimination too much u have HND na problem, you go Open University na problem. Our own is too much. The open University can be use to get another Degree abroad. Nigeria University are they better than the school abroad. Useless country. We should start looking at what you can offer than this paper certificate we carry everywhere

4 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
ade2291:

In other credible institutions like Uniben for example, whether you present ND, HND or you are applying for a PG program, you must get the DE/PG form and sit for a test. That test is an important part of all admissions which all good institutions handles thoroughly.

For the aspect of online facilitation, the school should do more by making it an essential process for all students. More qualified tutors should be employed to handle the different courses, and there should be a way to detect defaulters who wouldn't participate in it, plus setting a penalty for not taking part. These are some of the things the conventional institutions are doing which gives them all the hype.

If this is implemented, people can no longer bash the school for not holding physical classes to teach the students. Naturally, Nigeria isn't used to this kinda system of studying, and this is another reason the public still look down on the school. Nigerians always want things to come hard, and yes, the harder it is the more valuable it would be for them. This is the mentality of most Nigerians.

I just need something to shun all blabbers up, and let them know that NOUN also produces good graduates like other conventional institutions.
Great piece mahn. I have noted all you said and I know whenever, wherever I have the chance to make my input.
The facilitation is quite new and till now, not all students are even aware of facilitation. This semester, the students are doing TMAs without orientation, without guide. So many of them asking questions that are so... While they keep adding and strengthening weak sides, they shouldn't allow the strong policies to weaken. Gradually, the facilitation will get better. Remember also that many of the students cannot even afford data to be able to participate fully in the classes. Not even all the Study Centres have the required facilities. There have been improvements really but they is a lot still left. Thanks mahn for the insight.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, www.nouneco.com has decided to make Video tutorials for economics students more accessible by charging a price of 1000 naira per month for a private session with each student on the website.

The CBT practice tests will also now be available to only those students who have paid their monthly subscriptions for tutorials.

(In other words, CBT is no longer free access. The products of nouneco.com creative effort are club goods). Course materials are free, as they should be, for they do not belong to nouneco.com

1000 naira per month is a very good price for someone who knows the value of education.

Grab your opportunity!

(You can reach the administrator via his email, Facebook account, Twitter account, or phone number). I don't use whatsapp again.

Email: tkroy02@gmail.com
Twitter: nouneco.com
Facebook: nouneco.com
Phone number: 08092509410

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Edusportal(m): 4:51pm On Apr 18, 2020
COVID-19: When The Open University Remains Open

Once again, the Nigeria educational landscape, a bakery where knowledge is being transmitted to individuals for onward running of the country and sustenance of mankind has been rendered comatose. Schools are closed; from crèche to tertiary education, none was spared by the ravaging, but deadly threat posed by a pandemic of international magnitude.

The epidemic is characterized by Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome caused by Coronavirus. A contagious and fatal respiratory illness otherwise known as COVID-19, since its birth in Wuhan, China in 2019 has claimed several lives in thousands across the globe with Europe and America so far the worst hit.

READ MORE:- COVID-19: When The Open University Remains Open
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bekind33(m): 6:48am On Apr 19, 2020
pyrated:

@MrJaay, so what do you suggest the university do to correct this anomaly? While i am not trying to justify the unethical behavior of students who pay for their TMAs to be done for them, you have to also note that NOUN is a distance learning program and ordinarily there's shouldn't be physical contact with students, but NOUN has ensured that students go to chosen study centres to write exams which in a way gives credence to the fact that they are trying to curb cheating, imagine if they decide to do everything online, the cheating rate would have been too much. I would suggest that NOUN should reduce the TMA to 15marks(5 marks per TMA)so the students know that even if the hv "free" 15 marks they need to put in so much to meet with the required pass mark in the exam, I would also like to add that the TMAs be timed and let it be that each students answer different types, meaning, my TMA questions should be different from the other person's. To completely rubbish NOUN program is unfair to those who are doing their best. NOUN need to only outsmart the students and those doing the TMAs for students.
you can't time TMA not advisable this is because internet can fail you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by marvejmc(m): 9:04am On Apr 19, 2020
UNDERGRADUATE. PLS I need help I don't want to miss out, I would have done my clearance and paid all the necessary fees if not for this lockdown
yak:

no office is open now!
is Ur admission for undergraduate or postgraduate?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rrreer: 9:25am On Apr 19, 2020
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY: WE'RE SOLUTION PROVIDER, THEREFORE TELL US WHAT'S YOUR CHALLENGES ARE AND WE'LL ASSIST YOU!...

Fresh Admission & Application process

Portal Analysis

Minus Sign Removal

Project & Seminar writing.

TMA 30/30 GUARANTEED ,.

PAST QUESTIONS 2014-2019 (BSC/ PGD & MSC)

Remita(RRR)

Business plan (GST302)

IT/SIWES (REPORT)//..

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yak(m): 4:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
marvejmc:
UNDERGRADUATE. PLS I need help I don't want to miss out, I would have done my clearance and paid all the necessary fees if not for this lockdown

my advice to you is to keep studying. soon everything will start all over but on a speed of light
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by compreyus: 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
IMPROVE YOURSELF DURING LOCKDOWN. LEARN ANALYSIS & INTERPRETATION OF DATA ONLINE.

*With as low as a thousand naira, you can learn a skill that will benefit you a lifetime. Statistical analysis is a skill that is indispensable in every tertiary institution & acquiring the skill does not only put you ahead of others, but fetches extra income as it is a well sought out skill.*

We are actually running the training to help students especially undergraduate students in their penultimate and final year, and postgraduate students.

You can benefit by not only acquiring an invaluable skill for yourself alone but can also make some extra money from colleagues who don't have the skill.

Single statistical analysis of project may cost students btw 5-20k depending on location and volume of work done.

The packages have been splitted to allow all categories benefit.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stans4lyf: 9:54am On Apr 20, 2020
What measures do you think the school can put in place to ensure this issue is curbed?

Most NOUN students are far better than some students of conventional institutions. But because of the way the school was instituted, our lips are sealed, we cannot boast with our school when in public. It's absolutely bad for us.

You are right from your perspective though, but there are even more challenges which I think the school should look into. Talking about TMA, except you are suggesting that it should be scrapped completely and make the exam over 100, there is no other options that wouldn't bring severe disadvantages when implemented. The main aim of that assignment is to ensure that students put more seriousness having knowing that the TMA score will go long way on total grading. So from the school perspective, students are expected to put more seriousness in studying. To me it's difficult getting a perfect solution to curb the issue while maintaining the relevance of the TMA.

Your three bullet points are essential points the school must deliberate on, and ensure that they provide better solution to restore the school's dignity. But if they must start, when deliberating in the aspect of discrimination, what must first be considered is the mode of admission by NOUN. Just admitting students without setting a proper test is the first thing affecting the school's reputation. If at all they don't want a test, they should use jamb(with a fixed cut-off mark e.g 160 above) as part of the prerequisite for admitting students. Restoring the school's dignity and allowing the employers and the general public value the school's products must first start from my above illustration. Even if TMA is scrapped, people will still discriminate the school and look down on its products. The mode of admission is worst than that 30/30 you are even talking about.

Another one is the aspect of online facilitation. There are much more issues with the school jare...[/quote]

Well said Sir,

As for TMA , It is nice to have students do it. Let the serious students study for their TMAs and get their scores. Like u said, it boosts their seriousness. I wonder why someone can't boast with Noun. To be able to pass in noun, u must be able to read very well and carefully taking notes of even spellings. No sorting. In Conventional schools you see people with nothing sorting lecturers.

As for Jamb/Test, one reason why the school is an open school is it's accessibility. Just get ur olevels and that's enough. Then come and study really hard.. because even if u pay for 30/30 without studying, u will still fail in the exam. So study for ur TMA and get prepared for exams.

I am a graduate of a conventional school. But you know what? I don't look down on noun.

I know of someone who dropped out of a conventional school at 300l and started with noun. Guess what? He failed again and dropped out of noun. Only your study with God can help you. Right now, I have someone I am encouraging in NOUN who does all TMAs by self. Be Proud of NOUN. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 20, 2020
tklesson tutorials currently underway on tklesson Facebook page.
Visit Facebook and look for tklesson
Follow tklesson and gain access to video tutorials for secondary school students.
Tutorial videos will be uploaded everyday

Strictly for secondary school students
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmasolves101(m): 7:37am On Apr 21, 2020
Self improvement is the key... Learn life. Being books smart is not enough these days...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmasolves101(m): 7:44am On Apr 21, 2020
Well, if you are a noun students ( new, old, prospective students). I plead that you add up this number: 09040114876

Save the contact and ask that your contact be saved. There's a lot of WhatsApp Status update going on. WhatsApp group is too disengaging most times.

They are about 130 persons already getting first hand information from this number.

Thank me later.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by majorbravo: 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
Does NOUN have an Alumni association? The only difference between open universities and their conventional counterparts is experience. No university is able to really succeed without keeping track of its alumni. If this association exists, I do not think they are doing a good job at promoting the university, if anything, they rather hide the fact that they finished from there. This is not good for the schools reputation. When successful NOUN alumni start giving opportunities to NOUN graduates and selling same news of exploits and inventions discovered by NOUNites and their graduates, then we would have a university to be proud of. I remember when Private Universities started out in Nigeria, like Igbenedion and Madonna, many people looked down on them, now many people attend private universities and proud to. There is nothing wrong with NOUNs system of learning, the problem is poor PR. And it falls on the graduates and students of this noble institution to promote the university better and positively,

4 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Johnolis(m): 9:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
Please I need help, I can't login into the GST portal., What should I do?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
Johnolis:
Please I need help, I can't login into the GST portal., What should I do?

CHAT ME ON WHATSAPP, LETS RESOLVE IT

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (NOUN)

Press Release on Alleged Shutting Down of Portal

The Management of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is aware of murmurings this week, especially in the social media, that the University's portal has been shut down, thereby hampering efforts by students and candidates for admission to conduct their registration.

The Management hastens to categorically state that the assertion is a mere rumour created by some idle minds.

The portal of the University remains open.

However, Management wishes to indicate that the students and candidates seeking admission will definitely encounter a hitch in the second leg of the registration process these days which has nothing to do with the University portal.

There are two steps in completing registration at NOUN. The first is the one on the University portal and the second is the one at the study centre of one's choice. Whilst the first can be successfully done from any location, a student or candidate for admission is required to go to his or her chosen study centre to complete the registration.

Understandably, it has become impossible to finish one's registration in the second and final leg due to the ongoing lockdown occasioned by the coronavirus pandemic.

However, students should take note that if one has not been able to complete one's registration in this semester, he or she can do so in the next semester. This shows that we are flexible, unlike the conventional universities.

Management calls on all NOUN students to strictly adhere to the stay at home order and other safety protocols in order to curtail the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and survive to continue with their educational pursuits in the near future.

Signed:

IBRAHIM SHEME
Director of Media and Publicity, NOUN

Regards
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by adeadex2006(m): 7:26am On Apr 23, 2020
For your final year project, kindly contact me on WhatsApp or call 08032591227 & adeadex2006@gmail.com. thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:01am On Apr 23, 2020
NOTE: TMA 2 WILL COMMENCE ON 29TH APRIL 2020 WHEN THE EXTENDED PERIOD FOR TMA1 IS OVER! GOODLUCK

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nounonline: 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
A new teaching job
==

MUDASSIR NASIR wants to be tutored on Criminology and Security Studies

Classes will be held Online

Connect with MUDASSIR via https://lectutor.com/members/mudasseer/
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Idiataqueen(f): 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
Pls am trying to do this course, TMA 207 but it is showing not yet ready,I don't know if it is like this for everybody offering the course.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:35am On Apr 25, 2020
Idiataqueen:
Pls am trying to do this course, TMA 207 but it is showing not yet ready,I don't know if it is like this for everybody offering the course.
BFN207 (NOT YET READY)
ITS GENERAL, YOU'RE ADVISED TO KEEP CHECKING THE TMA BEFORE THE CLOSURE...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:42am On Apr 25, 2020
UPDATE

➡Note: TMA2 will commence on 29th April 2020 when the extended period for TMA1 is over!

➡Reminder!!!! TMA1 closes in 3days make sure you do yours

➡However, if there was a course without TMA questions at the beginning, you're advised to recheck and confirm that the questions are still not available before closure of TMA 1.

➡We have just four days left for GST302, the date might not be extended

As for GST TMA, all of TMA 1 to 3 would close same day currently in July.

↪Your GST 302 Presentation would likely be presented online if the pandemic still persist as usual via zoom other than physical defense. Even if you choose to defend at your incubation centre.

Thank you.

MISHA CARES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rrreer: 1:13pm On Apr 25, 2020
NOUN

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 2:07am On Apr 27, 2020
Business Creation and Growth (GST302)

Announcements
Hi Everyone,

We have come to the final week of facilitation. This week we will be revising the work that we have done over the past 7 weeks and discuss business plan. The class will be held tomorrow, Monday 27th April 2020, by 3-4pm.
See you there!

Kindly find the link to the Zoom meeting below:

https://noun.zoom.us/j/211277114
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 2:08am On Apr 27, 2020
Business Creation and Growth (GST302)

Submission of Enterprise Ideas (Business Plan)

Due date Thursday, 30 April 2020, 12:00 AM
Time remaining 2 days

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmasolves101(m): 4:51am On Apr 27, 2020
If you are having any technical issues outside gst portal follow and tweet(Twitter) @noun_media with your issues, they are likely to respond and help you with your issue...

If you are yet to do your TMA, chat up...

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bekind33(m): 11:03am On Apr 28, 2020
Cit101 has no Tma yet why, anyone having the same problem.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 11:59am On Apr 28, 2020
Bekind33:
Cit101 has no Tma yet why, anyone having the same problem.
Check your GST portal and look for GST103. Both courses are supposed to be the same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) ... (1597) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.