Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,917 members, 7,879,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:27 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3543482 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) ... (1586) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2022
Hacks4dummies:
ok thanks may I know how much the school fee for fresher is please?
Depends on the course. Which course do you want to study? 54k ±
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hacks4dummies: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2022
Enskynelson:

Depends on the course. Which course do you want to study? 54k ±
science courses... Comp sci preferably sir. Thanks for feedback
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2022
Hacks4dummies:
science courses... Comp sci preferably sir. Thanks for feedback
It will cost you roughly 72k
Use this free fee anlyser here
https://nounaid.com/feecheck

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MeloGist(m): 4:53pm On Aug 26, 2022
Enskynelson:

Is the 72k for a whole level (100,200) or per semester (1st, 2nd & 3rd semester)?

How many years does one spends before graduating? Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Abuazeez(m): 5:10pm On Aug 26, 2022
Enskynelson:

If you have been following me here you won't ask this question. Do not act at your own risk.
This information is for those that got admission for DE with HND into the corresponding programe this semester. Refer to my previous posts on this issue.
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2022
MeloGist:

Is the 72k for a whole level (100,200) or per semester (1st, 2nd & 3rd semester)?

How many years does one spends before graduating? Thank you
First semester 100L. Registration is every semester. Subsequent registration fees will be less by an average of 18k.
The programme is 4years. 2 semesters in a year.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hacks4dummies: 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
Enskynelson:

this fee is for one semester or so it says there.. I may be dead wrong sir.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:47pm On Aug 26, 2022
Hacks4dummies:
this fee is for one semester or so it says there.. I may be dead wrong sir.
It's for a semester. I have clarified that in one of my responses.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hacks4dummies: 7:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
Enskynelson:

It's for a semester. I have clarified that in one of my responses.
Damn! Wow that's kinda expensive o..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LMDyaya(m): 5:47am On Aug 27, 2022
Enskynelson:

If you have a copy of your application signed and recommended, open a ticket to the Academic Registry tell them you have applied and upload your evidence of application. It will be attended to. It sometimes take time though.
SIWES registration closes when others close 19th October going by the current calendar.

Unfortunately I don’t have a copy as i have left the city,will try follow up though.

Okay noted, Thank you boss.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 7:38am On Aug 27, 2022
2022_2 TMA DEPLOYMENT

The Directorate of Examination and Assessment will be conducting an orientation on Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA) for all students for the 2022-2 Semester. On Wednesday 31-08-2022 by 2:00pm prompt.

Find below the Zoom link for the meeting ⬇️
https://noun.zoom.us/j/98707134474?pwd=VWd6Q1ZhMDR3NC9qaHgzeXY4aEtTUT09,

Regards

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by seunmohmoh(f): 9:45am On Aug 27, 2022
Hacks4dummies:
hi.. are you a fresh student please?? Can I ask you a few questions please?
Proceed.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:02am On Aug 27, 2022
Mushin SC - SIWES Orientation program

Good day all, This is to inform all prospective students and registered SIWES students that SIWES Orientation program is scheduled to hold as follows:

DATE: Tuesday 30th of August 2022.

TIME: 9.00am

VENUE: Mushin Hall, VI.

ITF officials will be around to enlighten you more on what is expected of you during the six (6) months SIWES training exercise.

Please inform other students from Mushin Study Centre.

Thank You.
Regards
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:57am On Aug 27, 2022
EXTRACT OF DECISION FROM THE MEETING OF STUDY CENTRE DIRECTORS WITH DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES-WUSE2SC ATTENTION:

ALL ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT AND TOXICOLOGY STUDENTS -26/8/22

1. The department officially informed the study centre’s that the program Environmental Management and Toxicology has not met the NUC requirements and such no immediate way forward for the program as it’s currently not accredited. The implication of this is that graduates of the program certificate will not be acceptable and NYSC letter will not be issued.
In order to curb this, the department has urgently taken the following proactive measures as stated below.

WAY FORWARD FOR STUDENTS

i. All EMT students will be migrated to Environmental Science and Resource Management as a similar course with full accreditation

ii. All EMT students at 500L should commence their project immediately

iii. All EMT students who have met the similar requirements for ESM program will be made to graduate provided he/she has concluded Project, SIWES, and Field trips and has no outstanding course to write while in 500L.

iv. Any pending carryover course(s) will be written by the students

v. All non examinable courses done in EMT will not be repeated in ESM

vi. ESM shares similar courses with EMT upto 400L with one or two differences and such students should not panic.

vii. All EMT students who are yet to meet the minimum credit load should offer more courses.

viii. All EMT students in 500L should visit the study centre for onward transmission of data to the department immediately.

ix. The CGPA of the students remains intact

x. All EMT core courses are counted as same if migrated to ESM

xi. EMT students who wants to migrate to Environmental Health Science will not be allowed as their entry requirements differs completely.

xIi. Migration will be done automatically in the shortest possible time to all EMT students.
All inconvenience(s) are deeply regretted.

Thank you
Signed
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greatn3ss: 11:47am On Aug 27, 2022
Enskynelson:

If you can still assess the support site, try this:
Go to support.nou.edu.ng
Click LOGIN
Enter your matriculation number
Default password is 'default'
Login and change the password.
From the menu, you should be able to see your SOR there.
Wow, this is what people out there are collecting 5k for and you are giving it out for free
God bless you richly for your generosity

3 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by naitea: 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2022
Your Last Bus-Stop for all NOUN Enquires/Solutions.

Welcome to 'STUDENT ARRIVE'..
...more than 7 years of quality service delivery to students! DISTANCE is NEVER a barrier to our services. Tell us what you want and it will be delivered at the comfort of your Home!,,,

Get help on:

▶️ Admission Assistance/Enquiry.
▶️ NOUN PAST QUESTIONS (2014-2021)
▶️ Project Topics, Materials & Writeup....

(I). NOUN Courses & Fees
a). Available Courses in NOUN
b). Registerable Courses this semester
c). Exact fees to pay this semester
d). The number of elective Courses to register this semester.
CLICK HERE

(II). Step by Step on How to activate your NOUN Gmail Address...
CLICK HERE

(III). Basic Facts You Need to Know About National Open University, NOUN and TMA ...
CLICK HERE .;.
For other related updates, VISIT

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Lovelynife(m): 3:50am On Aug 28, 2022
Samisha500:
Approval of the admission policy for HND holders into NOUN programme
Good morning to you all. Which course can HND Urban and Regional planning be admitted to in NOUN? Can I convert peace and conflict or which other courses can I be admitted to. Thanks in anticipation
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:47am On Aug 28, 2022
TODAY'S NOUN NEWS IN BRIEF

⭕ Mushin Study Centre holds IT/SIWES orientation programme on 30th Aug. by 9:00 am

⭕ DEA schedule 2022/2 TMA orientation for all new and returning students on 31st Aug. by 2:00 pm

⭕ Environmental Management and Toxicology (EMT) students to be migrated to Environmental Science and Resources Management (ESM)

⭕ Admission into EMT and ESM partially closed for conspicous reasons

⭕ Admission forms available for propective applicants

⭕ All registrations ends on 19th October, 2022

⭕ 2022/2 POP exam knocking at the door (November)!

⭕ TMA for 2022/2 begins on 31st August by 12:00 am midnight

⭕ Portal elearn.nouedu2.net now active for activation of student's login in preparation for (facilitation and) submission of TMA

⭕ All registered students are advised to begin activation of their login with "nou" in small letter e.g. nou171048372

Macharthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hacks4dummies: 5:25pm On Aug 28, 2022
seunmohmoh:
Proceed.
all right. Thanks.. do students pay for their fees per semester, or is it for the year? I checked on the school's portal, the fees for a computer science student.. I saw something like 76k for a semester..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by seunmohmoh(f): 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hacks4dummies:
all right. Thanks.. do students pay for their fees per semester, or is it for the year? I checked on the school's portal, the fees for a computer science student.. I saw something like 76k for a semester..
Per semester. 100 level first semester has a compulsory fees of 36k + all your courses added that's what made it 76k when you enter second semester and the rest of your level you are to pay compulsory fee of 18k onward plus your registered courses. That is you're paying for registration fee of 18k every semester. Second semester 18k+your registered courses. From the above fee you mentioned, you're likely to pay 58k second semester. I may be wrong, I'm only explaining from what I heard. But if registration fee is not every semester you will pay 40k at your second semester... You can quote me if I'm wrong. I am also a new student of tourism studies.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nyanyafk: 7:44pm On Aug 28, 2022
I want to run msc peace and conflict resolution in noun, I need advice/ guidance on how to go about the admission process? Cost? And duration of the programme?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nyanyafk: 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2022
I want to run msc peace and conflict resolution, I have BA and my last waec was in 2013, how do I go about the admission process?
Anthonyo15:
TODAY'S NOUN NEWS IN BRIEF

⭕ Mushin Study Centre holds IT/SIWES orientation programme on 30th Aug. by 9:00 am

⭕ DEA schedule 2022/2 TMA orientation for all new and returning students on 31st Aug. by 2:00 pm

⭕ Environmental Management and Toxicology (EMT) students to be migrated to Environmental Science and Resources Management (ESM)

⭕ Admission into EMT and ESM partially closed for conspicous reasons

⭕ Admission forms available for propective applicants

⭕ All registrations ends on 19th October, 2022

⭕ 2022/2 POP exam knocking at the door (November)!

⭕ TMA for 2022/2 begins on 31st August by 12:00 am midnight

⭕ Portal elearn.nouedu2.net now active for activation of student's login in preparation for (facilitation and) submission of TMA

⭕ All registered students are advised to begin activation of their login with "nou" in small letter e.g. nou171048372

Macharthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hacks4dummies: 10:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
seunmohmoh:
Per semester. 100 level first semester has a compulsory fees of 36k + all your courses added that's what made it 76k when you enter second semester and the rest of your level you are to pay compulsory fee of 18k onward plus your registered courses. That is you're paying for registration fee of 18k every semester. Second semester 18k+your registered courses. From the above fee you mentioned, you're likely to pay 58k second semester. I may be wrong, I'm only explaining from what I heard. But if registration fee is not every semester you will pay 40k at your second semester... You can quote me if I'm wrong. I am also a new student of tourism studies.
wow..! Thanks a lot. Really appreciate you taking the time out to explain better. Appreciate this.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by seunmohmoh(f): 10:59pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hacks4dummies:
wow..! Thanks a lot. Really appreciate you taking the time out to explain better. Appreciate this.
I'm glad you understand.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by YouAreFinished: 10:59pm On Aug 28, 2022
Enskynelson:

If you have a copy of your application signed and recommended, open a ticket to the Academic Registry tell them you have applied and upload your evidence of application. It will be attended to. It sometimes take time though.
SIWES registration closes when others close 19th October going by the current calendar.
I went for SIWES last year,completed the six months. But due to some circumstances I stopped noun and I didn't even submit my logbook. Please,If I were to register for this semester,will it still be accepted? Or I'll have to start the SIWES all over again?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:01am On Aug 29, 2022
YouAreFinished:

I went for SIWES last year,completed the six months. But due to some circumstances I stopped noun and I didn't even submit my logbook. Please,If I were to register for this semester,will it still be accepted? Or I'll have to start the SIWES all over again?
If u registered last year for the SIWES, u need not register again. Go and submit your logbook and tell them the semester your registered with proof of registration. It will be accepted.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 11:55am On Aug 29, 2022
NOUN UPDATES ON FACULTY OF SCIENCE

SCHOOL MANAGEMENT HAS REMOVED ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT AND TOXICOLOGY FROM THE ADMISSION PORTAL FINALLY WHILE INSTALLING ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND RESOURCES MANAGEMENT ON THE ADMISSION PORTAL.

NOTE: YOU CAN NOW APPLY NEW STUDENTS TO ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT FROM NOW ON
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 3:00am On Aug 30, 2022
SIWES ORIENTATION - MUSHIN SC

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 3:04am On Aug 30, 2022
NOTICE OF MEETING (EMT STUDENTS) - CALABAR STUDY CENTRE

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) ... (1586) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.