Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,870 members, 7,872,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:15 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (896) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3536805 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) ... (1585) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fishguide(m): 3:14am On Sep 07, 2018
A thread dedicated to only student in the penultimate and final year of all educational institution in Nigeria. Research at this stage is a protocol that can never be an option in our great nation.

so what happens when you are face with a research work that seems like an unsurmountable problem? it's either you face it or walk away. the latter is never an option that is the reason i am creating this thread to be of assistant to you with your research work.

feel confident and tell me if you need a profession touch on your research/ project work. (08168261081)

I hope to hear from you soon

Best wishes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 07, 2018
So when is the latest results going to be posted Can someone tell me noun is not the most useless school around?

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2018
ADMISSION! ADMISSION!! ADMISSION!!!

NOUN admission is on now. If you have anybody who is interested in gaining admission into National Open University, the admission is on now. Registration starts on Monday 10th of September 2018.

Macharnthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by qanda: 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
Dear NOUN Student, to give you easy and timely access to NOUN Past questions, we have created an account for NOUN Exam Past Questions on Q and A App. The materials upload has commenced and will be complete within a 2-3 months period.

We have uploaded Undergraduate Past questions for Agricultural Management and Extension (300,400,500 levels).

Kindly download Q and A App on Google Playstore to familiarise yourself with the App. If you have any difficulty in locating the materials on the App, kindly contact me. Also reach us to pass any feedbacks you have. Thank you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by larry10: 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
I read sometime in January that the senate approved nysc for noun students but someone now told me they still don’t go for nysc? What’s happening?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2018
larry10:
I read sometime in January that the senate approved nysc for noun students but someone now told me they still don’t go for nysc? What’s happening?
u no cant going for nysc for now. ur VC is busy conducting exams
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NobodyKnows(m): 3:37am On Sep 08, 2018
larry10:
Just forget it jare.
Nysc camps that are always congested already .
You know how many thousands dy graduate for noun annually?
Sentiment apart
The nysc thing is not happening anytime soon .
Senate approved it,yes . But President Muhammadu Buhari did not sign it into law. Yet.
Collect your exemption letter jeje.
It serves the same purpose. I think

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by arixsto2(m): 3:54am On Sep 08, 2018
Wow
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 4:43am On Sep 08, 2018
larry10:
Noun Graduates only get an EXCLUSION LETTER which after you have graduated then you apply on NYSC website..

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 7:14am On Sep 08, 2018

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:48am On Sep 08, 2018
BREAKING NEWS!!!

In the past, for NOUN accounting graduates to become chartered accountants through the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), they have to first go through the Accounting Technician Scheme (ATS), this is now history as ICAN now accept NOUN accounting graduates straight to the ICAN professional program without ATS.
good things are coming to NOUN be proud of being a student or a product of the biggest Nigeria University in terms of population.
NOTE: you will have to do 1 paper in the foundation level and be exempted from 4 and you have to apply with your NYSC exclusion letter.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:57am On Sep 08, 2018
soccerpath1:
u no cant going for nysc for now. ur VC is busy conducting exams

NYSC: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EXCLUSION LETTER AND EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE

WHAT IS NYSC LETTER OF EXCLUSION?

Candidates who are always entitled to NYSC certificate of exclusion are people who are graduates but could not attend the regular programs in school. E.g Graduate from part time programmes, Sandwich, Long distance learning and so many other forms of irregular programs.

Content of exclusion letter:
Just like others nothing much on this letter than your name, picture, school, course of study and the reason for been excluded.

WHAT IS NYSC EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE ALL ABOUT AND WHO IS ENTITLED TO IT?

An exemption certificate is issued to someone who by law could not participate in the NYSC scheme despite the fact that such person attended a regular program in a University or Polytechnic program and graduated. I said 'by law' which is from the below paragraph.

''In accordance with the National Youth Service Corps Decree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) it is stipulated that;
"With effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification" :
• He is over the age of thirty (30) years
• He has served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or
• He is a member of staff of any of the following:
o The Nigerian Security Organization or
o The State Security Service, or
o The National Intelligence Agency or
o The Defence Intelligence Service
• He has been conferred with any National Honour.

These categories of persons are therefore exempted from service and issued with the Certificates of Exemption.''

WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES TO NYSC EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE?

With the newly introduced online enrollment for prospective corps members, it has now becomes so easy for an excepted graduate too. All you just need to do is to get yourself registered as appropriate between the stipulated time. Pay whatever may be the registration fees like others and supply the necessary information.

At the end of the registration, instead of you to be given a called up number, a message would be sent to you that you've been excepted to participate from the scheme that your certificate of exception would be sent to your school in a particular time. That means certificate of exception is to be given to you in your school of graduation.
Foreign students who are exempted would collect their exemption certificates in the NYSC directorate headquarters at the stipulated time communicated.

SAMPLE OF NYSC EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE

Candidate's name
Exemption number
Year
School
Reason for exemption.

Note: That if your exception is due to age, that means your real date of birth would be stated on the certificate for clarity. Therefore, any candidate with this kind of reasons might not be able to change their date of birth for any official purpose again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2018
C
Samisha500:

NYSC: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EXCLUSION LETTER AND EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE

WHAT IS NYSC LETTER OF EXCLUSION?

Candidates who are always entitled to NYSC certificate of exclusion are people who are graduates but could not attend the regular programs in school. E.g Graduate from part time programmes, Sandwich, Long distance learning and so many other forms of irregular programs.

Content of exclusion letter:
Just like others nothing much on this letter than your name, picture, school, course of study and the reason for been excluded.

WHAT IS NYSC EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE ALL ABOUT AND WHO IS ENTITLED TO IT?

An exemption certificate is issued to someone who by law could not participate in the NYSC scheme despite the fact that such person attended a regular program in a University or Polytechnic program and graduated. I said 'by law' which is from the below paragraph.

''In accordance with the National Youth Service Corps Decree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) it is stipulated that;
"With effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification" :
• He is over the age of thirty (30) years
• He has served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or
• He is a member of staff of any of the following:
o The Nigerian Security Organization or
o The State Security Service, or
o The National Intelligence Agency or
o The Defence Intelligence Service
• He has been conferred with any National Honour.

These categories of persons are therefore exempted from service and issued with the Certificates of Exemption.''

WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES TO NYSC EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE?

With the newly introduced online enrollment for prospective corps members, it has now becomes so easy for an excepted graduate too. All you just need to do is to get yourself registered as appropriate between the stipulated time. Pay whatever may be the registration fees like others and supply the necessary information.

At the end of the registration, instead of you to be given a called up number, a message would be sent to you that you've been excepted to participate from the scheme that your certificate of exception would be sent to your school in a particular time. That means certificate of exception is to be given to you in your school of graduation.
Foreign students who are exempted would collect their exemption certificates in the NYSC directorate headquarters at the stipulated time communicated.

SAMPLE OF NYSC EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE

Candidate's name
Exemption number
Year
School
Reason for exemption.

Note: That if your exception is due to age, that means your real date of birth would be stated on the certificate for clarity. Therefore, any candidate with this kind of reasons might not be able to change their date of birth for any official purpose again.

Buhari no get our time except this Sch get obasanjo back as president...nah una fit get this kind privileged .....mainwhile nah result be the main thing but abdalla is busy charging up the school's revenue ....the guy firs worker?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Foolsparadise(m): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2018
[quote author=Anthonyo15 post=71007739]BREAKING NEWS!!!

In the past, for NOUN accounting graduates to become chartered accountants through the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), they have to first go through the Accounting Technician Scheme (ATS), this is now history as ICAN now accept NOUN accounting graduates straight to the ICAN professional program without ATS.
good things are coming to NOUN be proud of being a student or a product of the biggest Nigeria University in terms of population.
NOTE: you will have to do 1 paper in the foundation level and be exempted from 4 and you have to apply with your NYSC exclusion
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Foolsparadise(m): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2018
Anthonyo15:
BREAKING NEWS!!!

NOTE: you will have to do 1 paper in the foundation level and be exempted from 4 and you have to apply with your NYSC exclusion letter.
Please have u actually applied for ICAN and get those exemptions. I am about to apply but not sure if the accept NOUN accounting student. Pls share experience so I will knw My next move.tnx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:11am On Sep 09, 2018
ADMISSION! ADMISSION!! ADMISSION!!!

NOUN admission is on now. If you have anybody who is interested in gaining admission into National Open University, the admission is on now. Registration starts on Monday 10th of September 2018.

Macharnthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:13am On Sep 09, 2018
VC at UNESCO headquarters in Paris over NOUN's prisoners education

The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Abdalla Uba Adamu was today at the headquarters of the UNESCO in Paris, France to receive the recognition of the university's prisoners free scholarship.
The VC, along with the Comptroller General of the Nigerian Prisons, Ja'afaru Ahmed, were invited by the global education body for recognition of the programme.

The event comes on the day the UN body is commemorating the International Literacy Day at its headquarters.
Prisoners from across the Nigerian prison have been given a free scholarship by the university ti pursue various degree programmes while in behind bars.
It was in recognition of this exceptional initiative by NOUN that UNESCO awards the Nigerian Prisons the award that also fetches $20,000.

Nigeria's representative at UNESCO, Maryam Katagum as well as the Director General of Adult Education in the country were also on hand at today's ceremony in Paris.

The last picture shows the CG of NPS, Ja'afar Ahmed (right), and NOUN VC, with the voveted Confucius Prize.

2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by abefeabebi(m): 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2018
pls where can I get PGDE program around ojofu Berger Lagos. guess now offer Pgde program
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2018
Gozychuks:
I am finding it difficult to submit application form after filling it. The submit button is not being highlighted. I paid 5k application fee online. Some one pls assist
Click on view requirements before you submit
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Wealthgem: 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
RiseUp College, a Christian school in Iyana -ipaja axis needs urgently service of experienced teachers in:
1. Mathematics
2. Geography
3. Physics
Qualified candidate should send CV to hr@riseupcollege.org
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Gentile700: 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2018
Has the second semester course registration started? And when will it end?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by luckyjacob: 1:10am On Sep 10, 2018
pls does anyone knows the deadline for submission of projects for pgde education students please
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 10, 2018
Gentile700:
Has the second semester course registration started? And when will it end?
better get the 1st semester result before you pay another money to noun? U wan pay before service kwo?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 10, 2018
luckyjacob:
pls does anyone knows the deadline for submission of projects for pgde education students please
anytime but do not expect result till next year feb or March
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NobodyKnows(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2018
When will they start giving course materials?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by amulet: 9:57am On Sep 10, 2018
good morning
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by amulet: 10:16am On Sep 10, 2018
please my center is in lagos but i am presently in ibadan, and there is a noun center close to where i am, can i do my registration there? please urgent reply needed thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 11:10am On Sep 10, 2018
amulet:
please my center is in lagos but i am presently in ibadan, and there is a noun center close to where i am, can i do my registration there? please urgent reply needed thanks
http://nouedu.net/index.php/study-centres-view?field_geo_political__value=South+West
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gche04: 11:31am On Sep 10, 2018
Good day. Please do you know if I can get IT letter with just the 1000 naira rrr receipt.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gche04: 11:32am On Sep 10, 2018
Bcus I got somewhere favourable to do my IT and I need to move fast but till now registration hasn't started.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2018
NOTICE TO UNDERGRADUATE RETURNING STUDENTS!

(1) (2) (3) ... (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) ... (1585) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.