Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,316 members, 7,887,965 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:04 PM

ASUU Strike: Matters Arising - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Matters Arising (1187 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Matters Arising by dayowunmi(m): 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
If ASUU are refusing to call off the strike why can't Jonathan just disband and proscribe the union? This nonsense has to stop, I knw jonathan has a fault in all these but for god sake he has offered to pay these associations of hypocrites called ASUU the allowances they are demanding. I heard ASUU said NANs is not supporting their cause, oh ho, when has ASUU ever supported the plight of students by going on strike in any institution in Nigeria, I have never heard ASUU protest against incessant increment in student fees, are these lecturers not the ones behind the prescription of most SUGs in Nigerian universities? How dare they said Nigerian students don't support their cause, for all I care they can all be sacked and new lecturers employed so far as we can all resume. All I am saying is that since Jonathan says the current demands of ASUU was not captured in the 2013 budget, but they will insert it into the 2014 budget and yet ASUU are not bulging and have even pulled out of all negotiations, I think ASUU are behaving like a spoilt child and the FG should not hessitate in weilding the cane on ASUU. We cannot all afford this strike to continue. The whole world is moving, we should not be left behind. If ASUU are not hypocrites let them accept the current deal and atleast suspend the strike, the strike is almost a semester long, enuf is enuf, and uncle Joe too should make haste to appoint a new minister of education, at this critical times we can't afford to be without one. If ASUU are demanding 800 billion for infrastructure which according to the FG was not part of the approved budget, even if the FG borrow the money and paid ASUU, won't polytechnics also go on strike? And then colleges of educations? Giving ASUU all their demands NOW is nly going to create or start a chain on demands on the FG which the government may in the long run not be able to cope with. Well at this juncture, permit me to say Amandla Awetu which means "Nothing shall discourage us" the struggle continues.
Re: ASUU Strike: Matters Arising by timwezzb(m): 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
Thank You....Next Please.......................
Re: ASUU Strike: Matters Arising by Nwabekee7: 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
Abi o!!!!
Re: ASUU Strike: Matters Arising by Harrisonn(m): 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
What's this one saying..
Re: ASUU Strike: Matters Arising by Cuteclem: 8:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
ASUU needs to be disbound chikina they are enjoying this strike is for them to face their private businesses

(1) (Reply)

What Does This Quote Or Phrase Really Mean? / Learn Auto-cad For Free!!! / OAU Graduates 127 First Class Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.