Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,028 members, 7,970,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 09:55 PM

Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December (7598 Views)

FG Committed To Winning Boko Haram War By December 31 – Lai Mohammed / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / “Nigeria Will Cease To Exist By December 2015″ – Biafra Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 17, 2013
taharqa:

Great job... If this actuali happens, GEJ wud have suceeded in Entirely Rehabilitating and bringing to life more than 3000kms of Comatose/near Comatose narrow Guage rail lines (PH-Maiduguri, Lagos-Kano and their many Spur Lines) in less than 3 years- a feat that previous Govts had FAILED to do in more than 25 years regardless of huge money and effort spent.
These, and the New Standard Modern Rail Lines (Aladja-Ajaokuta-Ore-Warri, Abuja-Kaduna, Abuja Metro, Lagos-Ibadan Lines) under various stages of construction, as well as Feasibility Studies for about 10 new proposed Routes.

The Entire Eastern, Eastern NorthCentral and NorthEastern Nigeria may now be OPEN for more business, in terms of Goods and People, after a reali long time.

God bless this President..

i wish Nigerians will learn to say this more often.
life and death are in the power of the tongue cool

3 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by roxell120(m): 11:02am On Sep 17, 2013
asha 80: undecidedi wonder how luxurious road transport owners would feel about this.

abt wat.? with ur type in the system, nigeria will never witness any progress. enemy of progress. go and ask them abt benin /ore rd nd more. here in lagos apapa oshodi rd is getting fixed. wat about lagos ibadan express rd.many federal rds are receiving attention. wat abt rail and air transportation. my friend avail urself of latest info nd be informed. we never had it better in the past.do u know the underground wk going on in power sector? It shall be well with nigeria. give jonathan ur support he is ur president.

4 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Joemint(m): 11:06am On Sep 17, 2013
I dnt knw wht 2say itz lik a dream 2me dat al diz gud projects r nt just tlkd abt bt r cmin 2realisation. Tnks 2God 4answrin our prayers. Im yet 2b on a train i cnt wait 2b in 1 travelin 4rm Ph-...... Fresh Air...

1 Like

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by marvix(m): 11:24am On Sep 17, 2013
Wow!!!! I had to abandon nairaland at a point when I cldnt find objectivity, today reading comments on dis thread was just unbelievable, comments were very objective and I know with lots of wat GEJ has planned its d average Nigerians dat will give him his 2nd term and not d power brokers in any of d political parties and dis is y he is yet 2 declare him ambition nd may want to do this on his facebook page like he did 4 d 2011 elections...........
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Iolo(m): 11:35am On Sep 17, 2013
2s£xy:
[s]Foolish Nigerians as usual... Praising political strategy to buy votes for 2015...[/s]

What did he do in his 1st 2years?

He probably awarded the contracts.
Why is it now that we are hearing this news?
Because it takes time for construction projects to move from awarded to in progress to completed...often years.

When will you people ever learn that it's the very nature of PDP to execute projects in massive scale as election approaches?

Only a fairy can execute large scale projects from contract awards to completion as election approaches...any hardworking president that is a normal human being would have to have done the hard work and gone through years of planning and making funds available for the project...of course because an expansive or large scale as you've called it project takes years to complete...it's only common sense that 2-3 years after a President gains power is when the success or failure of these proejcts would begin to surface.

When will ever learn that they often hold on till last minutes to election before doing anything?

See above answer.

Why is all this happening in 2013 when he had been in office since 2011?

See above answer.
[s]Fools are the cause of Nigeria's woes because they fail to apply logical reasoning to x-ray tactical strategies often used by PDP[/s] even the APC can't construct railways by snapping their fingers...these projects take years to accomplish.

3 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by taharqa: 11:43am On Sep 17, 2013
sarutobie: Staying in aba..for the first time in over 2 decades,the first train plied the railway cutting across okigwe road on friday 13th(last week).Though they were probably surveying the viability of the rail tracks.Many people who were born after the demise of the railways or new settlers in aba were taking aback lol.dem just dey look am like one kind spirit..Anyway its a step in the right direction..I hope they phase out those outdated narrow rail tracks.Nigeria go better
This is Exactly what one means when he talks about TRANSFORMATION. There it is right here.... And to think that this is been done in just about 2 years (d contract was given I bliv in late 2011), one wud have to ask what d helll other Govts were doing in this country in d last 25 years or so!!
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by shineeye: 11:44am On Sep 17, 2013
fresh AIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Fresh AIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR grin grin grin grin

HATERS GO DRINK PAPA LOLO RAT KILLER TODAYOO grin

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by roxell120(m): 11:48am On Sep 17, 2013
wen I look at fixing nigeria frm Mr presidents view point I shed tears of helplessness. who are u going to work with nd trust him without doubt. who is going to help drive ur dream of transformation? our constitution makes it impossible to choose those u trust their competence and capabilities cos ministers must be nominated from all states whom the president cant vouch for their allegiance, capability nd trust.if he reshuffles them to inject competent hands it slows policy formulation nd implementation while the clock is ticking nd nigerians are crying and stoning for result.changes of these ministers are majorly viewed to be political and stirs a lot of debate. to me jonathan has been lucky to work with few ministers who are willing to give his administration good credibility eg aviation, finance(engine room),agriculture, works, and others.I pray this permutation of his will definitely deliver to us our much expected development.

1 Like

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by amadice(m): 11:52am On Sep 17, 2013
asha 80: off topic..how electric situation for aba?
....MUMU dis is off point...FOR UR INFORMATION electric situation as improved...if u dont like dis new development in d rail sector go to RIVER NIGER and DROWN

1 Like

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by amadice(m): 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
2s£xy:
Foolish Nigerians as usual... Praising political strategy to buy votes for 2015...

When will you people ever learn that it's the very nature of PDP to execute projects in massive scale as election approaches?

When will ever learn that they often hold on till last minutes to election before doing anything?

Fools are the cause of Nigeria's woes because they fail to apply logical reasoning to x-ray tactical strategies often used by PDP.
.....are u high on cheap alcohol or sometin?....mtcheeeeew...enemy of progresss....if he is doing dis to buy vote hw is dat our buisness...he is dere to because nigerian wanted dere....n he owe us a duty to perform....GEJ still 2019

3 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by amadice(m): 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
honey: MY THOUGHTR EXACTLY, LOCOMOTIVE TRAINS IN 2013........Too bad
.....i think u should do research b4 opening ur wide mouth ranting......which locomotive ar u referin 2....coal engine or disel engine #smh

1 Like

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by amadice(m): 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
bakynes:

Bro in addition to what I said,Trains I can't even use, trains that bring out smokes on the head,Trains with no doors,Trains that are rusted and all these pro-GEJ supporters are celebrating. I repeat trains are still working here in lagos form Agege to Mushin bt is that the kind of Railway system we shd be celebrating in 2013. Besides they were only repaired I bet most of you here celebrating it can't even use it. I watched a clip on the state of the Egypts economy and I could see Trains and Train stations even though not like the ones i use in the UK so pls spare us this trash.
....den allow us celebrate it....a rail system dat as been dead for long n was resurected n ur complaining.....if u hav any complain go n ask OBJ and ATIFKU hw much dey embezzled during dere tyme trying to wake the rail system

1 Like

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by SterlingTowers(m): 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
Why are my brothers from the land of the setting sun so starved of infrastructures and developments, they publish archaic and regular things as big deals. Well all you need is a BRF, a little dose of BRF will heal all your inadequacies. BRF 2015 a time to correct your errors
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by phil5(m): 12:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
2s£xy:
Foolish Nigerians as usual... Praising political strategy to buy votes for 2015...

Fools are the cause of Nigeria's woes because they fail to apply logical reasoning to x-ray tactical strategies often used by PDP.
make fire shot ur smelling mouth dere,infra structural projects is nt a day job ,it has been on between dat 2 years bros.

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Iolo(m): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
roxell120: wen I look at fixing nigeria frm Mr presidents view point I shed tears of helplessness. who are u going to work with nd trust him without doubt. who is going to help drive ur dream of transformation? our constitution makes it impossible to choose those u trust their competence and capabilities cos ministers must be nominated from all states whom the president cant vouch for their allegiance, capability nd trust.if he reshuffles them to inject competent hands it slows policy formulation nd implementation while the clock is ticking nd nigerians are crying and stoning for result.changes of these ministers are majorly viewed to be political and stirs a lot of debate. to me jonathan has been lucky to work with few ministers who are willing to give his administration good credibility eg aviation, finance(engine room),agriculture, works, and others.I pray this permitation of his will definitely deliver to us our much expected development.

Fact is with our present constitution...it is very difficult to select the right people as ministers...you can't possibly have technocrats, people like NOI or the Minister of Agric in every position cause at the end of the day...this people hold little political sway in their respective states...the governors would probably ride on that and see that they continue to frustrate your efforts for their selfish reasons...

Ministers are hugely important for any re-election effort...and the best a president can do is to elect some technocrat ministers, and some political ministers...an FG with a purely technocratic setup would be doomed to fail politically.
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Dpeacemaker101: 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
gboss4sure: GEJ all the way, Support GEJ if you want Good Governance. Ehe before you run your mouth make sure you tell me one Nigerian President that has achieved more than Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

This is no longer fresh air, rather it is Fresh Hurricane that will blow the evil men of Nigeria away and those who doesn't want the progress of Nigeria because of selfish interest they wanna pull a working Government down.
Gbam, I support you big time. Haters should glue the selves to their chairs cause the hurricane is fast approaching cheesy
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Dpeacemaker101: 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
Sterling Towers: Why are my brothers from the land of the setting sun so starved of infrastructures and developments, they publish archaic and regular things as big deals. Well all you need is a BRF, a little dose of BRF will heal all your inadequacies. BRF 2015 a time to correct your errors
has BRF finished building Lagos? My friend, in our part of the land when you appreciate this little achievements that your brothers and northern friends never gave us, we are hoping for bigger ones. In that note, I say GEJ 2015
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by remarkD(m): 1:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
So GEJ is half way (from 2011 to 2015) of his presidency and you believe the rails are back to life now because its a strategy to win people over for 2015.... don't you think it is better he does that than not do anything at all to ease transportation and the pressure on our roads?

The people celebrating that you are calling fools (and others as well) will benefit from this and hopefully GEJ will be re-elected in 2015 for another 4 years....

Oh and you asked what he did in his first 2 years.... well... if you look up project management for contracts worth millions of naira/dollars.... say, in this case, for rail renovations or even kilometers of a road construction contract.... what is the average time-line of such projects?

Again you end your post saying "Fools are the cause of Nigeria's woes because they fail to apply logical reasoning to x-ray tactical strategies often used by PDP.[/quote]

The tactical strategy you are saying that "fools" do not "x-ray" and thus lead to Nigeria's woes is: announcing an anticipated completion of a project now, but that he did nothing for the past 2 years, and being 2 years away from another election and working even harder now is what leads to Nigeria's woes...

Who sounds like a fool... the people celebrating... GEJ doing the job he was elected to do for 4 years... or the person blaming the woes of Nigeria on citizens that celebrate and praise their leader for doing the job he was elected to do....
2s£xy:

1 Like

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Desric(m): 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
Same old story!
How long will take to fix that rail? Everyday we hear one date or the other.
Nigerians Mediocrity Celebrants, after all these hates. For 2015 from south, east, west and north. I am sure Nigeria will not divide before or after 2015? Because one people crying foul of being marginalised as the election of the President will become survival of the fittest where only the strong can survive.
He who laughs last, usually laugh best! Now it is our turn is in the air filling everywhere with the breath of fresh air, I am sure if it's no longer our turn tomorrow, we can happily accept the fate and play it like we are enjoying it now?
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Youngzedd(m): 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
Omo Gej I dey feel you wella.
Whether the devil like it or not you will only step down after 8 years.

Up Oga Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Youngzedd(m): 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2013
amadice: ....den allow us celebrate it....a rail system dat as been dead for long n was resurected n ur complaining.....if u hav any complain go n ask OBJ and ATIFKU hw much dey embezzled during dere tyme trying to wake the rail system

No mind haters.

China was not developed in 8 years, it's gradually.
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by okwele1(f): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
henrychubayo: Nice. Transport fares will go down. Roads will last longer. Less hold up. Free movement of Agric products.
My brother you yan better joor!
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Lachynos2k2(m): 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
2s£xy:

ode pls tell me wot ur fadda obj achieved after 8yrs on dat same seat.oya ansa

1 Like

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by roxell120(m): 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
GEJ continue flipping ur magic wand of transformation and shame ur detractors.
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by taharqa: 11:15am On Sep 18, 2013
gboss4sure:

The power situation is getting better but soon Geometric will start work and you know what that means, 24/7 power supply. Seems like GEJ will come to commission Geometric around October 3rd. #FRESHHURICANNE
You can say that again. Can't wait..
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by iterator25: 11:20am On Sep 18, 2013
Gej will have to visit before it gets renovated

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

41 Soldiers Out Of 42 Died On Their Way To Niger Delta / Biafra:tension As Oduduwa Elites Back N.kanu Up Today / Onnoghen’s Trial Resumes Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.