Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,831 members, 7,915,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:12 PM

Secrets Of the gods - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Secrets Of the gods (114097 Views)

The Gods Are Hungry / Who Offended The gods of the land? / Food For The Gods. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nduking92(m): 6:56am On Sep 23, 2013
Ride on frank,u gbasky
Re: Secrets Of the gods by princesa(f): 9:08am On Sep 23, 2013
#being awake since and read up to page 4#

phew! Thank God its Monday.
Frank, reserving my comment stillwink
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Winnie1950(f): 9:11am On Sep 23, 2013
Finally today is Monday. Uncle Frank we are waiting please don't disappoint us o cry
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 23, 2013
Na here i sleep o, oga mi sir, am waiting for the update of the chapter 4 o. Pls dont keep me waiting.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 10:37am On Sep 23, 2013
Fame-G:
frankoooooo. i trust say u no go dull person. u r too much jare.

pls i want to beg fellow readers not to put suggestion into his head. abeg if u tink mfon is saint twin-sis , kip it to urself b4 frank changes d story line again to surprise u.

BTW am a chelsea fan too. up chelsea

i have been looking out for you, thank God you are here. ya Up Chelase.

thanx @all. finally Monday is here. i couldnt even wait for it to come. pls pray that the light situation improves so that i will be able to meet future deadline. last weekend was terrible. thanks
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 10:39am On Sep 23, 2013
Chapter 5

Immediately she finished with her lectures by 2pm, Mfon went straight home. Beside the fact that she was really tired, she also needed to type and upload more of the story in Nairaland.

She also couldn’t wait to see new comments on the ones she uploaded yesterday. Somehow, she felt this story will take Saint places and the comments he gets from this forum will go a long way in motivating him to finish it up.

When she got home, she quickly turned on her laptop and waited patiently for it to boot. Despite the fact that she felt tired, she still found her self desiring to do nothing but type the document.

She connected the laptop to the internet, opened the Nairaland home page and logged in. just as she expected, much more readers were impatiently asking for more of the story to be uploaded.

“Well, you all won’t have to wait for long.” She whispered to the laptop then minimized the web page, opened the Secrets of the Gods Microsoft page and began to type.

She finished typing and proof reading within two hours and then quickly uploaded it on the web page.
Feeling satisfied, she shut down her system and went straight to lie down on her bed. She slept off before she could do a little day dreaming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 10:43am On Sep 23, 2013
Inspector Lucky and Audu got the opportunity to go see Rotimi in his office by 4.30pm.

Rotimi worked with The Capital City Reporters and their office was located at Wuse Zone 3, very close to Heritage House. It was a four story building with more than 40 office outlets of which Rotimi’s office was situated on the second floor.

The look on the Journalist’s face indicated that he was relieved to see them.

Apart from the work relationship both men often shared, they also had a strong personal relationship and even their both wives shared such close friendship together. It was obvious that their kids, whose difference in age was just a matter of months, will also inherit this relationship from their parents.

Lucky liked Rotimi mainly because he was a serious minded man who knew how to get a task done.

The tall middle weight Journalist stood up to welcome the police men. He quickly ushered them a seat.

Rotimi was a very hairy man but always ensured he shaved every two days, he never leaves a single drop of hair on his face. On the surface he looked like a man born with silver spoon, but in reality Rotimi’s achievement in life was dependant solely on his personal effort. He was mainly liked by people because he was a straight forward person.

“I am sorry to hear about the death of your men, the police force must be distressed. The only motivation your men need must be to catch this Clifford of a man.” Rotimi started.

Both Inspector Lucky and Officer Audu obviously looked distressed as they sat on the seat.

“Honestly, the case is overwhelming. Right now, the public feel that if the police can be attacked this way, then nobody is safe.” The Inspector sounded defeated. He was responsible for those men; the thought of their disseminated bodies was very disheartening.

“I understand how you feel my friend. But this man must be caught and I feel this story is the key. Think of it, how could an anonymous story teller talk about you, the two dead men, the stolen medallion and the black smoke. She talked about Sandra and Angela… I don’t know what else to think.”

“When exactly was the story posted?” Audu asked.

“I already checked that out and discovered the story was posted before 12noon on Sunday and the killing started in the evening.”

“That is actually strange.” Lucky said, thinking this could be an answer to all his questions about the case.

“Why don’t we try to contact the writer as soon as possible and ask him if there is anything he knows, we need more information about the medallion.”

The journalist was already trying to do that. “Let me PM her. The user ID signifies that it is a female.”

“What’s that?” Lucky asked. He could see a new wave of excitement on his friend’s face.

“Look, she has uploaded more of the story. Perhaps we can get the details of the killing of your men now and even get more information about the case."

Inspector Lucky couldn’t believe he was doing this. “Alright, let see what she wrote.” He pulled his chair closer to his friend as Rotimi began to read out loud.

Chapter 4
“I am very sorry for keeping you Chief Uzor, some of these patients can complain like kids,” apologized Dr. Jerry as he entered his posh office.
Chief Uzor had been waiting for him for almost thirty minutes but the multimillionaire had been busy watching an interesting technological breakthrough on CNN and had not noticed time fly.

The office was comfortable with air condition induced temperature just the way the Chief liked it. It was a very large and luxurious office that can be compared to the office of a Director General in one of the government ministries. Chief Uzor sat in the entertainment compartment of the office which had three executive leather seats, an Italian glass centre table, a small Arabian rug, a medium sized fridge and a flat screen TV on the wall.

Without bothering to go to his office table, the Doctor sat on one of the leather seat to speak with his patient and friend. He had been a family Doctor to the Uzor family right from the time he started treating Late Mrs. Uzor three years ago.

Dr. Jerry was a 37years old likeable man who had a way of making patients have so much confidence in him; in fact they almost believed he was more of a miracle worker.

Working in Maitama General Hospital had exposed him to some of the richest men living in Abuja. Here he had learnt that the rich also cry.
“You really have no need to worry Chief, I will just prescribe good drugs that you will take and your blood pressure will be stabilized. Besides, it didn’t get very high this time around.” The mustached faced Doctor assured.

“That is nice to here. You know my daughter will soon be coming back from UK, I wouldn’t want her to meet me a sick man. I wouldn’t want my health to spoil her holiday.” Chief Uzor said.

“How are you coping Chief?”

“I am doing fine.”

The doctor didn’t look convinced, “I really think you should move on and get yourself a companion. It is high time you get over your wife.”

“Actually I am too busy to think of that. I have my daughter and I must assure you that I am over the loss of my wife.” Chief Uzor assured.

“What then is bothering you?” It was a professional question. He was very certain that the Chief was bothered.

“Worried? I guess I am getting older and any man who has achieved what I have achieved will always have a lot to think about.”

“You are just 57years old sir and you have a beautiful daughter. You have enough to take care of the two of you and even her unborn children.”

Chief Uzor knew where he was heading to. He was very sure that the doctor knew his main problem apart from the fact that his wife was late.

The fact was that the millionaire was perturbed with the fact that he had no son. His late wife had had series of miscarriages during her life time and they were even lucky to finally have a daughter who was 17years at the moment.

He had started making money as a contractor in Abuja and then delved into estate management. Over the years he became the successful owner of 3 big plazas in the heart of Abuja, two standard estates and two bungalows in Abuja, and three buildings with 6flats each in Garki and Wuse. He owned the most patronized water packaging company in town and was involve in government contracts and supplies.

The problem now was what would happen to all he had achieved once he leaves this world. Yes he had a daughter but she would soon get married and he knew that as an African mother and wife, she wouldn’t have the time to handle everything he had achieved no matter how educated she was.

He should have insisted that they adopt a son when they were younger despite his wife’s refusal. She had asked him never to give up on having a male child especially after different sessions with pastors and miracle workers. Adopting a child would mean they had lost faith and had given up on God, she would explain.

He had loved her.

He knew he would have been happier even without a son if she had still been alive.

Well, now the thought of dying without a son was very worrisome. He knew he should count himself lucky for having a lovely daughter but he was still full of regrets.

Chief Uzor Ugo was a philanthropist and kind man who had ensured that the destitute, motherless and sick benefited from his charity works. He had been the money bag behind the successful running of Society for Women and Children. That Girl, he couldn’t even remember her name, was sure lucky to meet him and described to him her intention. It was a good idea and he sponsored it without getting involved.

“Don’t worry about me doctor, I will try my best to handle myself.” Uzor replied kindly.

“It’s my job to worry about you sir; I also believe I am more than a doctor to you. Your daughter is a precious gift and you and I know that we don’t always get everything we desire in life, all we can do is make do with what we have and manage to live a happy life in this crazy world.” Just like Chief Uzor thought, Dr. Jerry knew exactly his patient’s problem. It was obvious despite the denial.

The millionaire stood up, it was almost 4pm and he intended to go to gulf coast in Maitama to chill out for the day. “Thank you very much doctor. I really have to take my leave.”

The doctor stood up too, “Alright Chief, I will send a nurse to bring the drugs to your car. When is Ugomma coming back?”

“Tomorrow,” there was a genuine excitement on his face. Life was boring despite all the cash. Yet he wasn’t sure why he had decided not to take another wife. Perhaps he felt it was his responsibility to give his all to his daughter.

Soon Chief was sitting at the back of his black Prado Jeep as his driver drove car out of the hospital gate.

Going for medical check up had been his constant routine for the past two years although most times the checks-ups were done abroad. But when he was in Nigeria and the check us was due, he goes straight to the good Dr. Jerry.

There was no woman in his life right now, just a few flings to keep body and soul together. Okay, he would say the only woman in his life was his lovely daughter. She was all he’s got and he was all she’s got.

The both of them have been drastically affected by her mother’s death. She had been fought cancer of the breast for 8years but at last the illness won.

Why would he take a new wife? For companionship? Or for a son?

Both reasons where good enough for him to take the bold step and remarry but despite the courageous man he knew he was, he just could make up his mind to do it. Actually, he didn’t think he would ever love anyone again.

At 57, Ladies still found the Chief Uzor attractive, not only because he was rich but because he actually got the looks. He was a fresh bald headed man but always cuts all the hair on his head, leaving whitish mustache and ring beards. His light skin was so smooth for his age, healthy stature and average height.

Only if he had a son, he would have been much fulfilled.

“Drive me straight to Asokoro, I want to change into something more comfortable for the evening.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 10:44am On Sep 23, 2013
Ekene was sitting in the two bedroom apartment, wondering about his life. All his struggles in life had not yielded anything positive; rather his situation was getting worse with every single day that passed by.

He was 27 years and at his age he it was expected that should have at least settled as a man even as a graduate.

Ekene was a graduate of Economics from University of Lagos. Since he graduated two years ago, he had been searching for job but to know avail. Life was tough, in fact he couldn’t remember the last time he ate 3 square meals.

He had been pressured by one of his class mates to leave Lagos and come hustle with him in Abuja. At first, he rejected the offer, with the mindset that Lagos had more job opportunity than Abuja. But the fact was Lagos had not favoured him in any way.

The whole city reeked of nothing but sadness to him. He had lost his mother here in this city just before he graduated. She had sacrificed her happiness just to ensure her only son becomes a graduate. Unfortunately, the single mother didn’t live to see her son graduate.

She was the only person he had in this world and so when she died, he became lost and alone. He had managed to graduate through the help of friends and the pay offs from the thug life he had always involved himself with.

Even as a teenager, Ekene lived a very rugged life and had always joined his street friends in extortion and oppression. Education only helped in curbing down those excesses but the street life he learnt from the streets of Ajegunle would always be a part of him. It had come into play when he lost his mum and so he was a mix breed of ruggedness and civility.

Upon graduation, Ekene found out the life was even more bitter than he thought. With his mother gone, and no one to look up to, he had only himself to look up to. Even as a graduate, no job was fourth coming. He involved himself in menial degrading jobs just to survive. He had no one to help him get a good job and his efforts weren’t paying off.

His surfferings in the city of Lagos knew no bound especially after he decided to withdraw from street life because he was beginning to think nemesis was upon him. Yet he continued to suffer.

If only his mother was here, he would have had a reason to laugh and even live. Perhaps the death of his mother had actually weakened him psychologically and he was unconsciously not putting much effort in being successful in life.

Miss Edna Ajah’s death had taken away all the strength he had, life can never be meaningful.

And that was why leaving Lagos for Abuja was considered after thinking hard. Perhaps we would discover a new reason to live. Perhaps he would find a friend or love; maybe the environment might motivate him better.

Bola had been a Classmate of his in University of Lagos who had always been a strong advocate of self employment. He had always liked Ekene but had to leave Lagos for Abuja in search of greener pastures once they graduated. Of course everybody was almost certain that staying in Abuja brings one closer to rich government officials hence the possibilities of securing profitable contracts.

So when Ekene communicated with him after two years and told him about his situation, he had asked him to come over without really telling him what was really sustaining him in Abuja. It was common news among their classmates that Bola was really doing fine financially.

Now, two weeks after relocating to Abuja, he was yet to understand what was going on. Bola told him he was into properties which obviously was a major source of wealth for unemployed graduates in the country’s capital, but Ekene still had a strong feeling that his friend was into something other than property agent.

Not that Bola led a dangerous life like keeping late night or hanging out with dangerous men but Ekene could sense his old friend was hiding something.

Bola was clearly more comfortable than rumor had portrayed him to be. He was staying alone in a wall furnished two bedroom flat in Kubua and had a Toyota Highlander Jeep to himself. He had earlier boasted to Ekene that he had two landed properties at Bwari and would soon start developing them. He was also intending to change his car for a better one.

“I will soon be a landlord,” Bola had said, with an excited grin on his face.

Well, Ekene was happy for him and was glad to be away from Lagos for now even though he wasn’t sure he would stay away for too long. Abuja wasn’t all that promising either, but he would stick around for a while and watch as things unfold.

Right now he had three thousand naira in his pocket and he was sure it would be enough for him to move around town with. He was already two weeks in town and moving around with Bola had given him a little bit insight on the topography of the town.

Bola had left in a hurry this morning like there was a very urgent matter to attend to. He had told Ekene that he wouldn’t be long and that he should just get ready to go into town with him once he came back. He had also left without the car.

The constant drive through and fro town with Bola had really been a great relief for the new comer. Bola had shown him possible places where he would submit his Curriculum Vitae if he still insisted on not being self employed.

Now it was almost ten am and there was still no sign of Bola.

Ekene decided to watch the TV while he waited instead of just thinking about his miserable life.

He had barely selected a channel to watch when the door suddenly slammed opened and a bloody Bola came crashing on the white and brown coloured Arabian rug in the centre of the sitting room.

“Bola!” the surprised Ekene exclaimed as he jumped up in reacting to the sudden appearance of his friend.

There was so much blood on his body that Ekene couldn’t tell where the actual injury was on the body.

He quickly looked towards the exit to see of there would be any pursuer before rushing to attend to his friend, “Bola, what happened to you?”
“T..take me to the hospital… take me out of here please,”

Without thinking, Ekene lifted him up and carried him out of the building and straight to the car parked outside. He’d learn how to drive back then in school days but he didn’t have drivers license. Right now wasn’t the time to think of such trivial matter when someone’s life was at stake.

As he managed to carry Bola into the car, he noticed that his friend’s wounds where as a result of knife cuts. There was a deep stab just below his stomach, one between the left side of his tummy and hips and his face was swollen with bruises all over.

He remembered once seeing a hospital sign somewhere along the road to the main express that led to Abuja main town. He drove straight towards that direction.

His friend was losing much blood, Ekene had noticed and with that in mind he sped through the streets of Kubua straight to the Hospital.
He prayed his friend does not die on him even as he couldn’t help wondering what might really have happened.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2013
The three men looked at themselves like they were searching for information on each other’s face.

“This is just a story writer,” Inspector Lucky muttered, “but this has almost got nothing to do with the case we are investigating compared to his previous write-ups.

“Yes, but we know Chief Uzor exists in this town,” Rotimi pushed on, “We don’t know for sure if all these people he mentioned are connected, after all they are all characters in the same story.”

“Who is Ekene? It just doesn’t make any sense, but like you said, he couldn’t have mentioned their names in the same story for nothing.” Abdul added.

“So what do you think we do?” Lucky asked his Journalist friend.

Rotimi was already shutting down his system, “We just have to speak with the Chief.”

“What do we ask him? There is no connecting here between him and whatever is happening in town.” Lucky complained.

“We will just ask him if he knows anything about anyone mentioned in the story. There must be a relationship somewhere. Trust me, I have read a lot of good novels and most times the writers don’t just mention characters in detail for nothing. This is strange but right before us this story is playing out. We can’t just sit down and continue to wait on the writer to update while people are dying. We just have to get ahead of him. Chief Uzor could have something to do with the merchant who Clifford intended to sell the medallion to. These names mentioned could all be in danger; that black smoke is blowing the life out of people and this is our only lead to stopping it.” The journalist was quite persuasive.

“I trust you can help us get to Chief Uzor easily.” Lucky said. It was an agreement to the journalist’s suggestion.

“He is a nice man and I am already friendly with him. I have interviewed him on a couple of occasions and now he relate with me on personal basis.” he looked at his time piece, “he should be at the Gulf Coast in Maitama by now, that where he hangs out almost every evening. I will call him while we head there.” He picked his Samson Galaxy from the desk, “I will check for any updates and messages in my inbox from my mobile phone while we locate the chief.

The three men where already heading for the door.

“How then do we locate Ekene?” Abdul asked as he stepped out of the office.

Rotimi spoke up as he locked the door, “We will talk to the Chief, then we will decide our next move after we talk to him.”
Together they rushed down the stair case. Lucky only hoped that they weren’t chasing shadow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 10:52am On Sep 23, 2013
alright my people, i will upload more tomorrow... please comment and tell me what you think about the story so far. i want to know if my story is creating the desired effect in the mind of my readers.

2 Likes

Re: Secrets Of the gods by larride(m): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2013
Even the gods will be proud that you are the one telling their story. Nice one frank.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by rofemiguwa(f): 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
No comment till 2mrw wanna see d events unfold anyway I am sleeping on d thread no leave no transfer grin
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Alright what did I do wrong??
Re: Secrets Of the gods by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Oga Frank you have a pm
Re: Secrets Of the gods by ninja4life(m): 8:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nice update,enjoying d story
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 9:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
ninja4life: Nice update,enjoying d story

Thanks, finally someone comments on Monday"s update. I wouldnt have slept well this night.
Guys ur silence to my update is nt fair. Ahhh, thanks for making my day mr ninja.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Cestmoi1(f): 11:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
It was super awesome.Good job.....Ride on.Thanks for the very lovely update.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by AmiableJay(m): 11:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
Yay! The suspense dey kill me. Well done Mr. Frank.

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Wesslier(m): 6:16am On Sep 24, 2013
Carry on Sir Frank
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Melancholy(m): 8:05am On Sep 24, 2013
I dey enjoy dis film abegii!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 24, 2013
Lawd! Suspense ooo.

Ride on, Frank.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Sleekbaby(f): 8:48am On Sep 24, 2013
Weldone Franky, u r doing a gr8 job though ds last update ws a kind of complicated bt i blv dt wit nxt update i wil undstnd it clearer, tnx once again, permit me 2 nickname u '' Mr. Endow'', more ink 2 ur pen.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Hadeehart101(f): 9:09am On Sep 24, 2013
Really enjoying this. Ride on!!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by iebanehita(m): 9:21am On Sep 24, 2013
This movie na holly-wood standard!

Its like am watching a movie sef!
You rock Man!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 24, 2013
Frank you had beta update fast so that them go catch this demon o before he acry his two left legs enter my end o. Oya biko.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Ollyfad(f): 11:44am On Sep 24, 2013
If i were d inspector i wuld jst locate d writer nd mak her i.e frank 2 5nish d story at gun point den i wuld tak it up 4m dia ;DIf i were d inspector i wuld jst locate d writer nd mak her i.e frank 2 5nish d story at gun point den i wuld tak it up 4m dia
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ollyfad: If i were d inspector i wuld jst locate d writer nd mak her i.e frank 2 5nish d story at gun point den i wuld tak it up 4m dia ;DIf i were d inspector i wuld jst locate d writer nd mak her i.e frank 2 5nish d story at gun point den i wuld tak it up 4m dia

lol, dont worry, guys... just having epileptic power supply... lets move on
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 3:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
The driver was just driving the Jeep into the gates of Gulf Coast when Chief Uzor’s mobile phone rang. The Chief put the phone up to his right ear to answer the call.

“How are you doing Mr. Rotimi?”

“I am fine Chief; I hope you are good too.” Rotimi was glad he answered immediately. Most time the millionaire’s phone would ring for hours and at such times, the caller would have to wait for the chief to call back.

“What can I do for you my friend?

“I have something important to discuss with you Sir, but I will like to talk with you one on one.” Rotimi politely replied.

“Ah, are we set for another interview?” the words came out humorously from the rich man.

“No sir, but I have a feeling this is more important than just an interview.”

“Alright, meet me at the Gulf Coast.”

Eleven minutes later, the police vehicle was driving into the gate of the outstanding Gulf Coast. The serenity of the environment gently massaged the already stimulated minds of the three men and it was like finding peace in hell.

This place was patronized only by the richest men in the country. Here they come to relax and take their minds off the hassles of the world, giving themselves a little bit of heaven on earth. They could afford it, why not enjoy it.

Instead of going to join some few friends hanging around, Chief Uzor sat alone in one of the tables that was set for three. The table was well shaded by big umbrella that stemed from the center of the table.

He ordered for a bottle of water while he continued to talk on his mobile phone.

Soon the cops and journalist joined him.

Rotimi and Inspector Lucky quickly took the two empty seats in front of the rich man while Officer Abdul picked up a chair from one of the empty tables and joined them.

They waited for Uzor to finish with his phone discussion. They didn’t have to wait for long.

“Rotimi, now I believe what you have to discuss must be very important. Or do you now move around town with the police?” Uzor said in a plain tone. His mind was already wondering what this was all about.

“Good evening Chief, this is my friend, Inspector Lucky and that is Officer Abdul.”

The cops nod their heads in respect as the journalist did the introduction.

“Inspector Lucky, the brilliant policeman, I am very familiar with the name but not the face. I feel honoured meeting you finally. Good cops like you are hard to find.” The rich man said with a light smile on his face.

“Thank you very much Chief, I am sure that there are quite a number of policemen better than me, they just need to be encouraged sir.” Lucky commented.

“I agree with you on that, another problem is that the bad ones are overshadowing them. What’s so important that I have to be interrogated by one of the finest policeman in town?”

“You are not being interrogated sir; we just need your opinion on a mind bugging issue. It has to do with the deaths that occurred in Lugbe yesterday and today.” Lucky explained.

“Are you talking about the mysterious deaths of two unknown men and that of the cops in the same house where a woman was murdered?” Uzor sure read about it all in the morning paper which he never missed buying and heard about the cops on the news this afternoon.

Uzor was surprised as the Inspector confirmed to his question with a nod. Why would his opinion be needed on this case? This was really weird and unexpected. He looked from the journalist to the two cops, then relaxed and waited for them to speak up.

“I guess you must have seen the news either on the TV or the papers.” It was a statement from the Inspector.

“I read it in the paper this morning. I couldn’t just make sense out of the news. It was so bizarre, like something that could only happen in the movies.” Uzor said.

“Can you remember if you were familiar with any of the names mentioned in the news?” Lucky probed.

“If I can remember right, the most important name in the news was that of Clifford… no, I am not familiar with any name mentioned there. Why should I be?”

“What of the names, Okon and John from Akwa Ibom State perhaps?” Rotimi asked.

“No.” he answered with a frown on his face.

“Do you happen to know any Sandra who runs an NGO for women and Children?” Lucky asked.

The Chief looked up, trying to recall something from space. “I think I have sponsored such organization, I can’t really recall. But what is this all about? Can someone tell me what is going on? Why am I being bothered with this?” he knew there must be a good reason why he was contacted but the questions they were asking so far was not even giving him a slightest insight on what their mission was all about.

“Well sir, someone is writing a story on the internet about the case even before they actually happened. This mysterious writer seemed to know much about the case that we are beginning to think along his line.” Rotimi tried to explain.

Chief Uzor adjusted himself for the first since they had been talking. There was a look on his face that screamed, ‘what the hell!!’

Rotimi noticed this and decided to explain more in order not to sound foolish.

“Emm sir, through this writer, we have more details about the story than the ordinary eyes or human reasoning could come up with.”

“Couldn’t this writer be a reporter? Besides what details are you talking about?” Uzor enquired, still not understanding what all these weirdness had to do with him.

“The writer is obviously not a reporter. Like I said, his write-ups are way ahead of time and they are more detailed when compared to the actual events, yet the write ups are really on point… like, he explained why those two men in the brothel were killed and how they were killed, but as you read in the papers, the police are yet to come up with such explanations as regard the case. We also got their names from the story.” Rotimi said.

Chief Uzor almost laughed out loud, “Rotimi… are you taking what you read online serious? Of course anyone can put one on one together and come up with the story.”

“That’s true sir, but how can we explain the fact that his story are way ahead of time and are more detailed?” Inspector Lucky put in.

“Is this really why you came to see me? Why exactly am I being interrogated?” Chief Uzor finally asked.

“Your name was mentioned in a recent update of the writer’s story.” Rotimi quickly put forward.

Now they were talking! Chief Uzor thought to himself. Yea, this really got him excited. “My name?”

Rotimi had already gotten the story page that had Chief Uzor’s story uploaded in his Samsung Galaxy. He quickly handed the device to the Chief, “We would really like you to read this and confirm if this section of the story could be related to you.”

The already intrigued Chief quickly collected the phone and began to read.

The three relaxed and waited for him to finish.

There was a sudden look of both surprise and fear on the face of the rich man after he was through with the section of the story that talked about him; the next scene was talking about a boy named Ekene.

“Who in the world is this!” he exclaimed. He looked up at the three opposite him and handed the mobile phone back to the owner, “What is happening?” for the first time since they arrived, the Chief was acting agitated. It seemed like whatever he had read in the mobile device had caused a great disruption to his whole body system. “Who in the world could have such detailed description of what I felt and did this morning?”

“That is why we are here sir,” Inspector Lucky replied, “we are equally amazed at the story so we want to find out if there is anything you know that might help us.”

Chief Uzor was already perspirating. So many thoughts were already running through his mind. He remembered the horrific story he read in the news paper this morning and the news about four butchered cops and really couldn’t understand why this so called strange writer should involve him in all these. “Please may I have details of what this story is all about?”
The journalist quickly described in details, the story from the beginning. He paused when he finished talking about the first three chapters of the story that was titled ‘Secrets of the Gods’. “We will also want to finds out if you know anything about this medallion,” he concluded. Could the Chief know anything about the unnamed merchant? He thought.

The detail of the story was even more horrific than what he read in the papers. But some things were missing. Like what eventually happened to Clifford and how the four policemen were slaughtered into pieces. He shook his head in disbelieve, “I don’t know anything about any Medallion. I don’t even know there was a monastery somewhere in Akwa Ibom, neither have I ever been there before.” The only way he knew he was somehow related to the story was the possibility of him being the main sponsor of the named NGO. Could his life be in danger? How could all these be possible?

Inspector Lucky was also thinking along the NGO line. Yet he couldn’t just connect the dots.

“There was a young man mentioned at the end of chapter four of the story… Ekene,” Abdul threw in.

The Chief shook his head, “I can’t remember meeting anyone who bore that name.”

“The writer mentioned his mother’s name… Edna Ajah,” Abdul casually said.

They all noticed the millionaire stop and stared intensely at the officer.

“Did you say Edna?”

“What about her Sir?” Lucky asked

“We definitely need to be in contact with this writer,” Chief Uzor said and took a gulp of water. Something about the female name got him excited.

They remained silent as Rotimi got busy with his Phone.

Lucky waited patiently for the Chief to explain to them what he has got to do with the mentioned woman. He observed as the Chief went into thinking mood. He decided to ask again “Sir…”

“The writer just PMed me, I have a number.” Rotimi cut in excitedly.

“Rotimi, I want you to do everything possible to locate this writer… I must see him or her no matter what it takes, do you hear me?”

“Yes Chief,” Rotimi replied as the three younger men looked at each other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 3:01pm On Sep 24, 2013
That evening, the Chief Monk summoned Odion. This time around he was alone.

“Get yourself prepared; you will be leaving for Uyo tomorrow morning,” he noticed a perplexed look on the young monk’s face. “Do not be afraid, remember we all are banking on you, the whole world depends on you. Just take the bull by the horn and follow the instructions of the gods.

Remember you are just meant to be there as a guide and nothing more. You will be led to the medallion by a young intelligent young man. He is a writer in the making. You must locate him and guide him with your wisdom and knowledge of Ghaoul and the atrocities he is capable of.

Every monk had indebt knowledge on the mischievous Ghaoul. This evil being was who they studied, keeping him away from getting in touch with mankind and getting back to the world of the gods was their mission; it was what the monastery was all about.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 3:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
alright guys, chapter five ends here... we will continue with chapter six tomorrow.
thanks to all ya who take out time to comment... you have been the best encouragement that i have ever had. see ya all tomorrow.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Melancholy(m): 3:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hmm..let see how it goes,pleease next update.frank u rocking!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
Melancholy: Hmm..let see how it goes,pleease next update.frank u rocking!

Thanx dear... We will definately hook up tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance / The Naughty Sisters / Shadows Of The Green

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.