Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,310 members, 7,887,923 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:31 PM

Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? (1805 Views)

(photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by Omooba77: 1:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
Despite the huge amount LASG has claimed to spend on development of infrastructure; the problem people face to get to their destinations is better imagine than experience. Please let us know where you live and how motorable is the road?
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by mike404(m): 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
ASK JAGABANDIT AND FASHOLE
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by iterator25: 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
Omooba77: Despite the huge amount LASG has claimed to spend on development of infrastructure; the problem people face to get to their destinations is better imagine than experience. Please let us know where you live and how motorable is the road?
I'm I your governor..
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by cashkid18(m): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
blame gej
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by Omooba77: 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2013
Today's rain relay exposed our bad roads in Lagos
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by DavidSEO(m): 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
Poor maintenance and construction from the day one
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by Ewarrior: 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
The roads are getting better
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
The problem is Tinubu. If Tinubu can steal less, Fashola and the local govt chairmen will have more funds to WORK.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The problem is Tinubu. If Tinubu can steal less, Fashola and the local govt chairmen will have more funds to WORK.

Shut up!

The worst road in Nigeria today is the portion of the road stretching from Coconut bus stop to 2nd gate Tin Can in Apapa....it happens to be FG road.

Ironically that road artery is the most economically important road in Nigeria and it happens to still be the worst in Nigeria.

So much for FRESH AIR undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by 1MCN: 4:21pm On Sep 27, 2013
In all fairness, I think Lagos may not be said to have the very worst of roads in our country, even though the state has its own fair share of the bad roads. Truth is that Lagos roads are terribly overstretched, too many vehicles, too many people. Worse of all is that there isn't even much space for expansion or construction of new roads.

Last Friday I came to Lagos from PH by land. It took me about 7hrs to get to Ojota from Waterlines in PH. But almost 3hrs from Ojota to Iyana Paja in Lagos!

Meanwhile, I wonder how Ilugunboy came up with the assertion that the Tin Can Road is the "THE MOST ECONOMICALLY IMPORTANT ROAD" in Nigeria. That's a crass and cranky spurious assertion.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The problem is Tinubu. If Tinubu can steal less, Fashola and the local govt chairmen will have more funds to WORK.
i wonder how a tinubu dat doesnt know you has become your headache. Everyday tinubu this...tinubu that, yet the man keeps conquering new grounds.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by pheesayor(m): 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
1MCN: In all fairness, I think Lagos may not be said to have the very worst of roads in our country, even though the state has its own fair share of the bad roads. Truth is that Lagos roads are terribly overstretched, too many vehicles, too many people. Worse of all is that there isn't even much space for expansion or construction of new roads.

Last Friday I came to Lagos from PH by land. It took me about 7hrs to get to Ojota from Waterlines in PH. But almost 3hrs from Ojota to Iyana Paja in Lagos!

Meanwhile, I wonder how Ilugunboy came up with the assertion that the Tin Can Road is the "THE MOST ECONOMICALLY IMPORTANT ROAD" in Nigeria. That's a crass and cranky spurious assertion.

That has been my problem with Lagos, to be honest Fashola is trying but Lagos is populated and he seems not to know how to manage the population, maybe that's why the state is carrying out registration of residents for better planning. Lagos is over-populated and other states not developing their states makes it worse. So many bad roads in Lagos.

Tim Can Road is very economical but because that's the only road that leads in and out of the Lagos port which Olisa Agbakogba claims can generate 7 trillion naira
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by anonimi: 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
@ OP,

Where are the pictures of the bad roads in Lagos
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by Ewarrior: 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
TribalEAST: i wonder how a tinubu dat doesnt know you has become your headache. Everyday tinubu this...tinubu that, yet the man keeps conquering new grounds.

Tinubu gives him hard-ons grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by akintun: 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
D problem is d way d country is structured. I doubt if d state LG have enough money to build and maintain good roads.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by ProfessorPeter(m): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
There are bad road in Lagos because Fashola is working
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by bloggernaija: 9:50pm On Sep 27, 2013
pheesayor:

That has been my problem with Lagos, to be honest Fashola is trying but Lagos is populated and he seems not to know how to manage the population, maybe that's why the state is carrying out registration of residents for better planning. Lagos is over-populated and other states not developing their states makes it worse. So many bad roads in Lagos.

Tim Can Road is very economical but because that's the only road that leads in and out of the Lagos port which Olisa Agbakogba claims can generate 7 trillion naira

Tin can island road is a federal road.
The federal governor does not want to hands off all those asset because they will also have to handover the revenues and allocation for those same assets to the state.
HOW WILL THEY STEAL IF THERE IS NO FAKE CONTRACT TO AWARD.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by Omooba77: 10:54pm On Sep 27, 2013
bloggernaija:

Tin can island road is a federal road.
The federal governor does not want to hands off all those asset because they will also have to handover the revenues and allocation for those same assets to the state.
HOW WILL THEY STEAL IF THERE IS NO FAKE CONTRACT TO AWARD.
have you not seen LASTMA directing affairs at Oshodi /Apapa road
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by Ajibel(m): 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
It's very sad when people who have no iota of what governance is all about derive pleasure in cooking up bullshiits of fact just to try and smear their leaders from Fed -> State to Local sad
And it's mostly those who havent stepped into Lagos that display such unforgivable ignorance.!
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by tomakint: 2:40am On Sep 28, 2013
For a city like Lagos, it's a huge shame on the governor to still have many bad roads (I am not talking about federal roads, I am referring to State-controlled roads) within the metropolis especially at mainland, he seems to be concentrating more on roads at Lagos Island axis as if those staying at Lagos mainland are losers! Eko o ni baje is what they are trumpeting, meanwhile, Eko ti n baje!
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by ba7man(m): 6:49am On Sep 28, 2013
A number of inner roads are still bad in Lagos but compared to the 90s, there has been a big improvement in the number of tarred roads.

Fashola can't tar all the roads during his tenure considering the fact that Lagos has by far the highest number of road network in Nigeria and the city's growth is faster that the rate of development.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by geeez: 7:26am On Sep 28, 2013
Why is it that Lagos currently has more roads under construction or rehabilitation than any other state in Nigeria

Besides Lagos at the moment doesn't have the worst of roads in Nigeria
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by 9jaboy007: 7:58am On Sep 28, 2013
for me other governors should go to ENUGU and see what is called road network......i stay in ph ,doo ameach is trying but chime is the best governor in nigeria so far and d guy dnt talk he dnt comisn projects man that guy is good.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by grafikii: 8:12am On Sep 28, 2013
How come lagos has more roads than the whole of the south east and even Abuja

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by grafikii: 8:14am On Sep 28, 2013
9jaboy007: for me other governors should go to ENUGU and see what is called road network......i stay in ph ,doo ameach is trying but chime is the best governor in nigeria so far and d guy dnt talk he dnt comisn projects man that guy is good.
See villager, how many roads are in enugu? Surulere has more roads than Enugu
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by Brimmie(m): 8:29am On Sep 28, 2013
Too Much Pressure Frm Vehicles N Trucks!
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by 1MCN: 9:47am On Sep 28, 2013
grafikii:
See villager, how many roads are in enugu? Surulere has more roads than Enugu
I can bet you've NEVER been to Enugu, or at least lately. Some of you guys just believe everybody must be nosiy or nosy. I've transversed the entire lengths and breadths of Lagos-mainland to Island, especially lately. While I believe the Lagos gov't has not performed too badly in road sector esp lately as it deals with a great challenge of population pressure on public facilities. I'll tell you, if you travel round Enugu you'll come to agree with me that noise and chestbeating and ostentatious media gyration does not confer automatic development.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by grafikii: 9:58am On Sep 28, 2013
1MCN:
I can bet you've NEVER been to Enugu, or at least lately. Some of you guys just believe everybody must be nosiy or nosy. I've transversed the entire lengths and breadths of Lagos-mainland to Island, especially lately. While I believe the Lagos gov't has not performed too badly in road sector esp lately as it deals with a great challenge of population pressure on public facilities. I'll tell you, if you travel round Enugu you'll come to agree with me that noise and chestbeating and ostentatious media gyration does not confer automatic development.
I agree with you to an extent but fact is there are more tarred roads in surulere than Enugu hence there should be no comparison with lagos as a whole. Enugu government has not up to 10% of roads completed in lagos.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 28, 2013
TribalEAST: i wonder how a tinubu dat doesnt know you has become your headache. Everyday tinubu this...tinubu that, yet the man keeps conquering new grounds.
You'v not seen anything yet. There's ONGOING WAR between Sincere9gerian and Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Fashola is now my man after the apology, which I graciously accepted. But for Tinubu, its fight to finish.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 28, 2013
1MCN: In all fairness, I think Lagos may not be said to have the very worst of roads in our country, even though the state has its own fair share of the bad roads. Truth is that Lagos roads are terribly overstretched, too many vehicles, too many people. Worse of all is that there isn't even much space for expansion or construction of new roads.

In your own opinion...which road in Nigeria is the most economically important?
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by anonimi: 10:32am On Sep 28, 2013
akintun: D problem is d way d country is structured. I doubt if d state LG have enough money to build and maintain good roads.

Do you know any Lagos LGA's budget for 2013 and what they are doing with the funds that made you "doubt they have enough money to build and maintain good roads."
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Bad Roads In Lagos? by ba7man(m): 10:36am On Sep 28, 2013
anonimi:

Do you know any Lagos LGA's budget for 2013 and what they are doing with the funds that made you "doubt they have enough money to build and maintain good roads."
Do you know how many roads Lagos State has to build and maintain??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor / Nigerian Military To Court-martial Over 100 Soldiers For Cowardice / video:synagogue building collapse looklike an act of attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.