Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,591 members, 7,972,186 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 05:52 AM

B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g News! 18 Soldiers Get Death, Jail Sentences Over Boko Haram Te - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g News! 18 Soldiers Get Death, Jail Sentences Over Boko Haram Te (602 Views)

Soldiers Get Treated To A Buffet In Damaturu (Photo) / 15 Soldiers Get 4-years Jail Sentence For Refusing To Fight Boko Haram (PICS) / 18 Soldiers Get Death, Jail Terms Over Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g News! 18 Soldiers Get Death, Jail Sentences Over Boko Haram Te by omoharry(f): 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
For their alleged links the Islamic terror group, Boko Haram, some soldiers are to face death penalty while others will go to jail. Those affected are one lieutenant, one warrant officer and 16 others. The General Court Martial has been trying them since July 1, this year. They were accused of offences ranging from communicating with Boko Haram members, cowardly behaviour, murder, to manslaughter. They were being tried by the Three Armoured Division as the case fell within its Area of Responsibility (AOR). A military source said that those soldiers who were sentenced to death actually deserved the sentence because “for serving soldiers who swore to defend the territorial integrity of Nigeria and Nigerians therein to be found conniving with the enemies of Nigeria (Boko Haram) is a treasonable offence which attracts capital punishment. “The Boko Haram members do not hide their sinister agenda. They want to destabilize the country. Everybody knows that. For soldiers to now secretly work with them at the expense of the country is treasonable. And it is so treated.” - See more at: http://gistpage.com.ng/ng/forum/2815/b-r-e-a-k-i-n-g-news-18-soldiers-get-death-jail-sentences-ov#sthash.zA55fEOQ.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

"Dissolve This Marriage; My Wife Beats Me Mercilessly" Cries Osun Man / Abia Government To Purchase Luxurious Buses To Convey Traders To New Main Market / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.