Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,656 members, 7,930,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 01:39 PM

Ex-vp Atiku Abubakar Insists He Bought A House For His Mum At 14 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-vp Atiku Abubakar Insists He Bought A House For His Mum At 14 Years (823 Views)

Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect / Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect / Desmond Elliot's Mum At His Inauguration (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-vp Atiku Abubakar Insists He Bought A House For His Mum At 14 Years by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
Former Vice-President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, posted a series of tweets defending his earlier statement in his blog post that he bought a house for his mum at 14 years old. Apparently, this statement by Atiku gave one commentator (Mr. Kayode Ogundamisi) a headache.

I think the comment by Kayode only shows how jaded and cynical we have become as a people. Infact this personal story by Atiku, which I believe is highly commendable is what the youth need to hear more often. Atiku's response is just on point. Read below:

http://9jaflave..com/2013/09/atiku-abubakar-insists-he-bought-house-for-mum-at-14.html

1 Like

Re: Ex-vp Atiku Abubakar Insists He Bought A House For His Mum At 14 Years by ladel(m): 4:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
about that age l also bought my mom a beautiful wrist watch!!!!!
Re: Ex-vp Atiku Abubakar Insists He Bought A House For His Mum At 14 Years by Segadem(m): 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
I was in JSS 3 at that age.
Re: Ex-vp Atiku Abubakar Insists He Bought A House For His Mum At 14 Years by AkinDavid2: 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
Well I bought a lot of things for my mum in my teen but substantively buying a house NO. We should not rubbish others people feat especially those that we can not achieve in a comparative sense. If Atiku claim he bought a house for his mother as a teen and you didn't buy a matchbox for yours, just move on and think beyond the box.
Re: Ex-vp Atiku Abubakar Insists He Bought A House For His Mum At 14 Years by wirinet(m): 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
The story by Atiku sounds incredulous. Even if the total cost of the thatched house including land was £9, in the 1930s, you would still have to discount it to todays value. Todays value for a two bedroom thatched house including furniture and fittings would be nothing less than N500,000 ( approximaterly £2,000), without the cost of the land. it also meant Akiku was earning the equivalent of N166,000 at 14.

Also it means if a 14 yr old could afford to buy a 2 bedroom thatched house with a 3 months vacation job, I wonder what a full adult on full time employment would would buy after 5 yrs of working.

(1) (Reply)

'PHCN' Bill For The Month Of September / Senate Runs On N150b Budget, Says Ndoma-egba / N500bn SURE-P Fund Missing – Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.