Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,359 members, 7,947,582 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:03 AM

Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation (11889 Views)

Corpers' Protest At Government House In Bayelsa Over Non Payment Of Allowance / Batch C 2014 Mobilisation Time Table / Court Voids Nysc's Power To Deny Graduates Mobilisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by tomwealth: 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
Dis guy I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊
Funny Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo
What a naev mannerism toward unlawful act. U̶̲̥̅̊ want tell the whole world say U̶̲̥̅̊ want serve U̶̲̥̅̊ mother land abi na the money U̶̲̥̅̊ dey fin
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by donpal(m): 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
If he so wanted serving here in Nigeria, why did he not considered schooling here. you can't go to UK simply because you couldn't meet up with the admission requirements of the Nigerian university, hoping to come back and have it your own way. Naija na hardcord......if u no bin fit fit-in then, u no go fit fit-in now. Go serve wher you go school. Or u think se we weir face the penabeating, rusting here, tekin de pains.....do we look like fools grin grin grin Me sef wher don reach 2yrs now, i don serve?...
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by king1234: 3:51pm On Sep 20, 2013
its funny the reactions I see here....

is the Nigerian able and willing to work.... YES

is the Nigerian looking to serve his father land......YES

is he a graduate who requires an NYSC certificate to work.....YES

so what is the problem.....why must we still have a rule that prevents someone looking to feed himself the ability to work....must he then be condemned as a reject to society ...

I keep telling my folks in nigeria...Nigerians are the cause of thier problems...they enjoy making life difficult for each other and it is clear from people who blindly support that a law or rule which makes no sense should be upheld...and yet many will go to church every sunday but on monday they champion rules and laws which dont help thier fellow nigerians

4 Likes

Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
Is it not the sheme that majority of Nigerians want scrapped? The meaningless scheme.
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by ruffneck(m): 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
hopeyemmy:

It's, bro. You sure need to keep up!

http://nysc.gov.ng/foreign_grads/foreign-requirements.php
Its immaterial that d guy has a first class or that he schooled in Havard
NYSC laW is clear on the 5credits
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by creativino: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
Sanandreas10:
this ya writeup hurts my ear..?
Are u in beer house..?
You are doing silly thing at the silly time, in the silly place, at the silly forum?
cheesy
cheesy

Nawooo bros take it easy na, his is free to talk even from the toilet grin, Okada abeg carry me make we go jarri
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by king1234: 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
ruffneck:

The law was made to serve man....and if the law is not working it has to be changed...this is clearly a law that makes no sense

1 Like

Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by ruffneck(m): 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
lastmessenger: what is so important about not having five credits in waec.the most importants thing is that he is a graduate.nysc should let him serve or are they suggesting he sit for waec before nysc?abeg madam give me beer make i drink.stupid
He is not eligible to serve
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by ruffneck(m): 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
king1234:

The law was made to serve man....and if the law is not working it has to be changed...this is clearly a law that makes no sense
Oh really?d law isn't working?
Nigerians sef......
So y did the guy remedy his results in d UK to gain admission?
Why didn't he use his two credits to gain admission?
Why are students frm non accredited schs not mobilised for service?afterall they are graduates?
NYSC is nt meant for everybdy.if u must serve u must meet the requirements
Its nt jst enough that u are a graduate!!
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by YoshiMaster: 4:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
The NYSC scheme should be burnt in the deepest darkest part of hell.

To all the smart Nigerians on this thread I salute you.

What a country we live in, what kind of policy is this, that can't even encourage human growth.

In my university days, I spent my freshman year being a C student, but then I got inspired and ended up graduating second in my class. So you see humans are capable of change.

They might as well ask for his primary school cert while they are at it.

I wave my middle finger to the NYSC, backward a*s*s policy.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by YoshiMaster: 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
ruffneck:
Oh really?d law isn't working?
Nigerians sef......
So y did the guy remedy his results in d UK to gain admission?
Why didn't he use his two credits to gain admission?
Why are students frm non accredited schs not mobilised for service?afterall they are graduates?
NYSC is nt meant for everybdy.if u must serve u must meet the requirements
Its nt jst enough that u are a graduate!!

NYSC is not meant for everybody? The nerve of this dude!

So it's not enough that the steeewpid policy is a requirement to find a job, but only a select people get to be enrolled in the program? Wow, talk about double filtration.

Wow I guess success stories that involve trials and tribulations would be foreign to you, since in your opinion, to get a job in Nigeria you have to start being smart right from the womb, nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by nkpommpko(m): 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
nerodenero: Is 5 credits the same has 2 credits and 4 passes? Just asking o
oga are you saying that some one that studied outside that country can't do this nysc thing?

1 Like

Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by nkpommpko(m): 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
Delafruita:
below are the only conditions by which a person wont be called up for youths ervice

(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, with effect from
1 August 1985, a person shall not be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the
date of his graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification—
(a) he is over the age of thirty; or
(b) he has served in the armed forces of the Federation or the Nigeria
Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or
(c) he is member of staff of any of the following, that is—
(i) the Nigerian Security Organisation; or
(ii) the State Security Service; or
(iii) the National Intelligence Agency; or
(iv) the Defence Intelligence Agency; or
(d) he has been conferred with any National Honour

nowhere was waec result a prerequisite
please tell this uneducated graduates we have here, please people before blast others on these issues read and do some research and stop proving you bribed your way through school!
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by HAH: 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
What has NYSC got to do with JAMB or WAEC as far as he has graduated and within the age they are suppose to mobilize him.

In my days half of the students in the university go through remedial or pre degree and the requirement then was three credits, those that mean that if it is these day they won't have been mobilize because their WAEC are mostly 3 credits and No jamb at all they entered trhough remedials.

I think NYSC should leave the issue of WAEC and JAMB to be handled by universities not them.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by ruffneck(m): 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

NYSC is not meant for everybody? The nerve of this dude!

So it's not enough that the steeewpid policy is a requirement to find a job, but only a select people get to be enrolled in the program? Wow, talk about double filtration.

Wow I guess success stories that involve trials and tribulations would be foreign to you, since in your opinion, to get a job in Nigeria you have to start being smart right from the womb, nonsense!
What point are u tryin make sef?
There's no select few in NYSC
There are requirements jst as in every other thing
If u do nt hav the requirement u dnt serve.is that hard to undstnd
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by Mblem(m): 5:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
Delafruita: \
whats ur point?is he a graduate or not?nysc is for graduates irrespective of their waec result
since u said he is a graduate........let him go n serve now...he must meet all d creteria before he can be qualified
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by dheaven: 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
They should scrap NYSC and provide Six months compulsory vocational training for all graduates and empower them immediately after graduation.
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by YoshiMaster: 5:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
ruffneck:
What point are u tryin make sef?
There's no select few in NYSC
There are requirements jst as in every other thing
If u do nt hav the requirement u dnt serve.is that hard to undstnd

Yes, it is quite difficult for me to understand why a university graduate would be ineligible for the already steeewpid scheme.

So what is he supposed to do now, become a laborer? So all the years of college would be in vain?

These guys should free our graduates.

In every scheme, wether good or bad, some people would benefit. So of course some few people would say they found work with NYSC (like if they scrapped it, people won't find work), they met their spouses there (as if NYSC is the only place to meet a spouse), they taught students well (as if they are professional teachers or should be teaching in the first place) and so on.

They should scrap this scheme so that the majority of graduates can benefit from this country.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by Solarpower(m): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
creativino:

Nawooo bros take it easy na, his is free to talk even from the toilet grin, Okada abeg carry me make we go jarri
nuting wey i no go here 4 dis forum. Oya madam abeg gime rice n beans make i chop comot 4 here jare!
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by ruffneck(m): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Yes, it is quite difficult for me to understand why a university graduate would be ineligible for the already steeewpid scheme.

So what is he supposed to do now, become a laborer? So all the years of college would be in vain?

These guys should free our graduates.

In every scheme, wether good or bad, some people would benefit. So of course some few people would say they found work with NYSC (like if they scrapped it, people won't find work), they met their spouses there (as if NYSC is the only place to meet a spouse), they taught students well (as if they are professional teachers or should be teaching in the first place) and so on.

They should scrap this scheme so that the majority of graduates can benefit from this country.

It is not compulsory for foreign trained nigerian gradutes to do NYSC to get a job in nigeria.it is highly optional.
It is d home trained graduates that must serve in d scheme
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by oladayo042: 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
ruffneck:
It is not compulsory for foreign trained nigerian gradutes to do NYSC to get a job in nigeria.it is highly optional.
This is not correct.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by ruffneck(m): 7:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
oladayo042: This is not correct.
What is correct?
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by YoshiMaster: 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
ruffneck:

On the contrary, foreign train students still have to enroll for the NYSC.

The NYSC scheme is so 2000 B.C.
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by Luizkid(m): 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2013
I pity this dude if he wins his case, he will be posted to Gwoza in Borno state ( shebi he wants 2 serve?) but wait o, why will this guy perform badly in Wassce yet proceed 2 obtain 2.1 in the UK? Surely things are much easier 4 them over there. 9ja graduates are trying jor, even if its a 3rd Class coz things are too difficult here.
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by ruffneck(m): 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

On the contrary, foreign train students still have to enroll for the NYSC.

The NYSC scheme is so 2000 B.C.

Read d. Very first paragraph of d link below:
http://www.nysc.gov.ng/foreign_grads/foreign-requirements.php
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by YoshiMaster: 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
ruffneck:

Read d. Very first paragraph of d link below:
http://www.nysc.gov.ng/foreign_grads/foreign-requirements.php

First paragraph:

"NYSC Registration Requirements For Foreign-trained Graduates
The following are the requirements for registration of foreign- trained Nigerian graduates wishing to participate in National Youth Service Corps:"

They used the word "wishing" because at the end of the day, no one has to do the NYSC, there's really no gun to anyone's head.

However it still remains a "mandatory requirement" for skilled employment in most of the private sector and the entire public sector.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by Ribaman(m): 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
otokx: How can a foreign university graduate not have 5 o level credit in not more than 2 sittings? Some of these foreign universities are wishy washy.

On the contrary, The foreign universities are ahead of us bros. Are you suggesting that 5 O'level credits (including English and maths) are the best preparation for tertiary level education?

1 Like

Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by ruffneck(m): 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

First paragraph:

"NYSC Registration Requirements For Foreign-trained Graduates
The following are the requirements for registration of foreign- trained Nigerian graduates wishing to participate in National Youth Service Corps:"

They used the word "wishing" because at the end of the day, no one has to do the NYSC, there's really no gun to anyone's head.

However it still remains a "mandatory requirement" for skilled employment in most of the private sector and the entire public sector.
My guy u no sabi the diff btw Wish and Compulsion again?
I kw abt 6 foreign trained graduates who r working in banks and other places
They were nt even asked abt any nysc discharge or exemption letters during interviews
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by YoshiMaster: 9:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
ruffneck:
My guy u no sabi the diff btw Wish and Compulsion again?
I kw abt 6 foreign trained graduates who r working in banks and other places
They were nt even asked abt any nysc discharge or exemption letters during interviews

Lol, here's my post:

"However it still remains a "mandatory requirement" for skilled employment in most of the private sector and the entire public sector."

I said it is required for most of the skilled employment within the private sector, not all. The likes of shell and Mobil would ask for NYSC.

I also said it is required for the entire public sector. I don't think you can get any skilled government jobs without the NYSC.

So you see, your example had already been covered by my previous post and you're not telling me anything new.

Btw, does that mean that he will never get to work for the likes of shell, even if he is technically qualified, just because of some steeewpid scheme?
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by solomon111(m): 10:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Lol, here's my post:

"However it still remains a "mandatory requirement" for skilled employment in most of the private sector and the entire public sector."

I said it is required for most of the skilled employment within the private sector, not all. The likes of shell and Mobil would ask for NYSC.

I also said it is required for the entire public sector. I don't think you can get any skilled government jobs without the NYSC.

So you see, your example had already been covered by my previous post and you're not telling me anything new.

Btw, does that mean that he will never get to work for the likes of shell, even if he is technically qualified, just because of some steeewpid scheme?
How is serving your country stupid?
Many countries in the world have a similar scheme where graduates serves the country for 1,2 or 3 years.
In israel,it's mandatory for fresh graduates to serve in in the israeli defence force for 2 years and there is high chance of you being killed by palestinian rockets.
Re: Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation by Delafruita(m): 10:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
ruffneck:
unless there has been amendment to the nysc act,that website is simply stating bogus requirements

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nysc Allowance Increased ? / Gifts You Will Like To Receive As An Outgoing Corper! / A thread for corpers posted to Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.