Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,149 members, 7,910,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 07:22 PM

Need Help On Internet "privacy Policy" And Browser Settings - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Help On Internet "privacy Policy" And Browser Settings (1093 Views)

How To Generate Privacy Policy For Your Website And Blog / Blog Privacy Policy Generator For Your Blog / Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Help On Internet "privacy Policy" And Browser Settings by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:10pm On Jun 04, 2006
Need clarification on "Privacy Policy" from my understanding it is a statement that says, thsi is how we collect your information on our site and this is how we use it,if you are in doubt or do not like it. then here is what to do or try another site (or something on that line."wink

I have hardly bothered to write up Privacy Policies and most Naija sites do not really care or are too busy to write up an appropriate one for their site.

I recently upgraded my IE browser to IE7 and when i visited a site i had was working on, (to see if it looked any different) I noticed the Privacy "Eye" icon with a STOP sign bottom right of the screen. here is what it looked like

I have stopped using cookies as a matter of policy and i take care to include an ICRA pics label at the meta of my pages to avoid this sort of thing happening

Can anyone upgrade my brain to understand what is happening , Do i have to actually write a Privacy Statement that adheres to some standard or is it IE that is causing this?

Re: Need Help On Internet "privacy Policy" And Browser Settings by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:57pm On Jun 05, 2006
tsk tsk, my fault, i used the wrong ICRA label (t'was one for another site) and IE recognized.

Thanks all

(1) (Reply)

Web Host Owners / Quiz Time! / Exam Often The Effectiveness Connected Craigslist Listings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.