Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,578 members, 7,905,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:25 AM

Pearls Of Love: Episode VIII - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pearls Of Love: Episode VIII (528 Views)

Pearls Of Love VI / LOVE STORIES: Pearls Of Love VI / LOVE STORIES: Pearls Of Love V (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pearls Of Love: Episode VIII by CityPastor: 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
“Thanks Ann” I said still very sober, unsure of what she had going on in her mind. As much as it seems that women are quiet and tolerant, what goes on in their mind is one thing you may never find out, unless you are a very good probe.

“How was your night?” She asked, I guess she wanted us to forget what had happened and focus on what we can do to further the relationship, which was still very young then.

“I hardly slept’, I told her.

There was no way I could have slept that night, with thoughts of losing flying in my brain like a pilot who suddenly lost control of his aircraft; puts the aircraft above allowed height and when he suddenly remembers he was in the sky, abruptly brings it down.

That was how my night went, it was unthinkable for me to imagine someone else suddenly snatching Ann away from me, just because of a flimsy mistake.

I promised myself all through that night, that such an episode would not repeat itself, regardless of how she annoyed me.

“I didn’t sleep too” She said “I thought we had come to the end of it!”

“But you didn’t really mean it, when you said the relationship was over? I asked, intending to find out the truth, if she could possibly do without me at any particular time in her life.

It sounds stupid, but I had never liked anyone way I like Ann, maybe never in the whole of my life time.

“You know, I can’t go contrary to what you want, whatever you want is what goes, you are the guy here, don’t forget” she managed a smile.

Even after several years I still find very difficult to understand the kind of person Ann is, she has a very smooth way of doing her things. Simply put, she get anything she wants done, the way she wants it. As good as her temperament is, so is also bad. The same she takes advantage of her easily adopting to situations and it pays off; it can also have negative effects sometime because one can easily say she was nonchalant to issues that she should have woken up to. This same behavior affected our marriage.

Like right now, I wasn’t sure what she had on her mind, I have learned bitterly to allow women keep their secrets, they will only reveal as much as they want to, you cannot lure them, cajole them or even threaten and deceive them into revealing their secrets to you, unless they chose to.

I remember the titanic story, as great as the love story that existed between the two love birds in the ship, even to the sinking of the great titanic ship, the woman never revealed all that story to her husband, even up to her old age; how can someone manage to keep such an amazing story away from her husband! Women are truly amazing.

We sorted out our differences over a meal at the campus’ social center; we talk about the things that could irritate us when with one another and see the best ways on how to avoid them as much as possible.

I was a very temperamental person but a very good companionship, willing to always go to lengths to please his woman, while Ann on the other hand was a loving woman, a great companionship, but when she gets angry, she’s a difficult person.

The relationship continued to be a great relationship, with so many admirers, we suddenly got many fans across the campus, many of them wanting to emulate us but finding it difficult, especially with a campus like ours where you find thousands of female students, who are not just beautiful and with the right shapes, but also brilliant, smart and intelligent, some of them, daughters of highly placed politicians and business moguls.

Ann took ill after the second month we started dating. Two months seemed like a whole year, we thought it was malaria and so after treating malaria without any fruitful results, we tried using typhoid medications, but the ailment persisted for weeks.

This was a very difficult period for us, it affected our relationship, I guess, partly because we were usually so close we hardly find any time to leave one another alone, and also because I didn’t understand what the possible problem is.

After treating malaria and typhoid, what else could be the problem?

Even her dressing sense was out of this world, Ann who would normally dress very smart and attractive, now suddenly look an old witch; she no longer had the petite look that attracted her to me.

We quarreled all the time, I was truly getting fed up of the whole thing, she was so annoying and irritating, not to talk of the obvious laziness.

At nights we hardly sleep, she would go to the toilet as much as ten times if not more than, she hardly eat, and for someone of her size that was petite, she now looked worn out, aged and lean like a malnourished baby.

I shared part of the guilt as I also refused to eat so as not to look inconsiderate, well apart from that, I was too engrossed in the challenge we had to even think of food.

I was also not concentrating on my lectures like I used to do before. Always waiting to see her shadow pass by my lecture room, then I find a way to squeeze out of the classroom and that would be the end of my class for that day.

We would leave the department and go off campus where we resided in a one room, located in several rooms apartment in a low housing block on a street, a short distance away from the second gate of the campus.

My impatience with her was becoming so obvious, she had suddenly become a burden for me, I know what a lot of other guys would have done, was to abandon her at such critical times and look for another girl to spend their time with, but I was so into Ann, the least I could do at time for a woman, I truly loved for the first time, and probably the last time in my life was to give her some supports.

Keep Reading @: http://www.ackcity.net/pearls-of-love-episode-8

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Do When Your Lover Speak So High Of The Gift From Her Ex! / Is He/she Your Life Partner? / Which Lady Would U Prefer The Most*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.