Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,850 members, 7,945,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 03:08 AM

Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? (4580 Views)

The Man Who Truly Loves You Will Never Hit You / Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? / Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? by monex(m): 11:39am On Sep 25, 2013
Olu'tokun:
The only situation close to an exception is if the guy's life is really threatened and there's nowhere to retreat to for cover. Even then, the man should only make moves to protect himself and/or to disarm her (if she's carrying a weapon). Women are not meant to be hit...no matter how nasty they get!

the same rule should apply even if it is a man you are fighting. you first instinct should always be self defence.

remember physical strength is not a function of gender this days. many women are physically stronger than some men.
Re: Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? by Olutokun1: 11:46am On Sep 25, 2013
solomon111: you won't hit a woman even when she is armed and a risk to your life?
My God!!
Where do all these morøns come from?
Pally, you should mind your language. My decision to hit or not to hit a woman should not determine how you address me. If I see you hit a woman, it's not enough to call you names...it's just what you've chosen to do. I repeat: I will never hit a woman unless my life it threatened. Gaskiya!
Re: Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? by Olutokun1: 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
monex:

the same rule should apply even if it is a man you are fighting. you first instinct should always be self defence.

remember physical strength is not a function of gender this days. many women are physically stronger than some men.

That's some sensible reasoning. Moral standing aside, there are a couple of things you need to continually keep in mind:
1. You're not sure the woman you're about to fight won't deck you up;
2. You can't even be certain of the health status of the person you're trying to exchange blows with. What if you shove the person and the person collapses.

Must we always act before we think?
Re: Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? by solomon111(m): 1:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
Olu'tokun:

Pally, you should mind your language. My decision to hit or not to hit a woman should not determine how you address me. If I see you hit a woman, it's not enough to call you names...it's just what you've chosen to do. I repeat: I will never hit a woman unless my life it threatened. Gaskiya!
Go and check your earlier post and see what you wrote.
You said you would rather disarm the woman or hide for cover instead of hitting her,which i think is very morønic.
Why are you now changing your statement?

1 Like

Re: Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
50calibre:

If my younger brother hits me, or does any other thing I find inappropriate, the only thing which will determine my response, will be his age & level of maturity.

What do you mean by age and level of maturity?? When has age become a defining factor to know who is mature and who isn't. A woman that chooses to throw the first punch already has shown herself to be immature. What exactly were u aiming for with that line?

Many years ago, I once hit an older cousin of mine, and he beat me black & blue, banging my head repeatedly against an iron gate. A lesson I needed to learn, a lesson I grew to appreciate, that actions carried consequences & and except one is ready for the consequences, some actions are best avoided.
Exactly! Most men like you that hit women grew up in homes where violence was acceptable. Clinic studies shows that, 40-70% of men that hit their wives grew up watching their fathers beat their mums. What did the adults in your family have to say about the actions of your cousins? If they failed in disciplining him and allowed him bully you, that would explain a lot about who you are 50calibre.

But no I won't hit him like I'd hit my mate, because he's my brother. ?
?? Hw does this make sense to you??

A fact I've seen you on many occasions, disagree with, I've seen you counter suggestions that women were the weaker sex.
What?? Are you alright?? Not being physically strong as men do not translate to females being the weaker sex. And no, I have never denied that fact.

Unfortunately, not everyone has such moral standards however, I'd say because I hate criminal records & love my freedom so much, a physical altercation with a woman is one i dread like a plague, so it's most likely I won't hit a woman back if attacked first, not because I respect her as a woman (a woman who demands respect should conduct herself respectfully) but because I won't let anything stand in the way of my future ambitions but then you should know everyone has got a limit, a relentless/constant attack from a woman would definitely receive a violent response from me, definitely
At the end of the day, I do not give a sh1t about every individual's moral standard but when I see selflessness, strength and such will power, I can't help but admire it. I do believe that a woman that lays her hands on you with the intention of fighting deserves whatever she gets in return . That doesn't mean I wouldn't respect a man with enough moral strength to acknowledge his physical advantage over her.
Re: Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? by Olutokun1: 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
solomon111: Go and check your earlier post and see what you wrote.
You said you would rather disarm the woman or hide for cover instead of hitting her,which i think is very morønic.
Why are you now changing your statement?
I didn't change my statement sir; and for avoidance of doubt, here's what I wrote: "Even then, the man should
only make moves to protect himself and/or to
disarm her (if she's carrying a weapon)"...the moves you'd make could involve hitting her just to disarm her.
Think of me whatever you want, call me whatever you wish, it still will not make me lower my standards to appear less of a 'morön' to you.
Beat your woman as much and as often as it gives you pleasure but keep this in mind: the gentility of a tiger is never a sign of cowardice.
Re: Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? by 50calibre(m): 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
Wu Zetian:

What do you mean by age and level of maturity?? When has age become a defining factor to know who is mature and who isn't. A woman that chooses to throw the first punch already has shown herself to be immature. What exactly were u aiming for with that line?

Yeah it's not, that why my statement shows a clear distinction between the two. You asked me if I'd hit my younger brother like I would someone of my age or size.

Exactly! Most men like you that hit women grew up in homes where violence was acceptable. Clinic studies shows that, 40-70% of men that hit their wives grew up watching their fathers beat their mums. What did the adults in your family have to say about the actions of your cousins? If they failed in disciplining him and allowed him bully you, that would explain a lot about who you are 50calibre.

What? Says who? How did you arrive at such conclusions? I didn't grow up in a violent home at all (although there were occasional moments of violence among siblings ) I never for one day, saw my dad hit my mum, Never!! In all honesty. And No I didn't report my cousin to anyone for fear of being seen as weak & fear he may not play with me anymore.

Most of what I say regarding the role/place of women in the family & society, are derived from the bible, growing up in a religious environment, over time I've come to disagree with many things but not in the area of women. The bible gets it perfect in that aspect, I know it works, I've seen it work.

?
? Hw does this make sense to you??

What is there not to understand? I won't hit my brother like i would an enemy, because he's family.

What?? Are you alright?? Not being physically strong as men do not translate to females being the weaker sex. And no, I have never denied that fact

What? Read your statement again and see if makes any sense. You agree men are physically stronger but say it doesn't translate into women being the weaker sex, what exactly do you mean here, elaborate. ( and yes I know it's not always about the physical )

BTW do you agree women are the weaker sex?
At the end of the day, I do not give a sh1t about every individual's moral standard but when I see selflessness, strength and such will power, I can't help but admire it. I do believe that a woman that lays her hands on you with the intention of fighting deserves whatever she gets in return . That doesn't mean I wouldn't respect a man with enough moral strength to acknowledge his physical advantage over her.

Where you see selflessness, strength & will power, other real feminists see condescension and sexism. I've seen women who get angry when a man wants to pay for them on a date, whereas some see such as gentlemanly and generous.

I relate to the females around me, by their own principles & how true they are to them.

you can't just pull out the gender card when it soothes you and later advocate gender equality, this shows you are just a quack feminist grin
Re: Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? by codedguy1(m): 6:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
The recent fracas in the HOR showed a (dis)honourable female member pushing and shoving her hands on another (dis)honourable male member. What did/do you guys think she deserved, considering they were both already exhibiting dishonourable tendencies.

Personally I felt the woman acted really uncouth and if that guy released one dirty slap on her she would have played the "real men don't hit women card" completely forgeting that her behaviour was very unlady like.

Guys, did she deserve something to hav made her calm down, albeit a subtle tender but very effective slap to calm her down?
Re: Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
Fkforyou: Wat happened to Gender Equality....? cheesy

I just dey laaugh dey pass....lol
Re: Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? by Bestofralph(m): 6:32am On Sep 26, 2013
I made up my mind neva to hit a woman... But if a woman hit me first, she go find "Ctrl + Z" she no go see.
Re: Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? by yungryce: 9:52am On Sep 26, 2013
coded guy: The recent fracas in the HOR showed a (dis)honourable female member pushing and shoving her hands on another (dis)honourable male member. What did/do you guys think she deserved, considering they were both already exhibiting dishonourable tendencies.

Personally I felt the woman acted really uncouth and if that guy released one dirty slap on her she would have played the "real men don't hit women card" completely forgeting that her behaviour was very unlady like.

Guys, did she deserve something to hav made her calm down, albeit a subtle tender but very effective slap to calm her down?
as in ehnn,
she needed a slap to turn her bck to an honourable member

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? / I Think I Made The Greatest Mistake Of My Life / Gender Equality: What Do Our Women Really Want?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.