Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,665 members, 7,951,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation (14750 Views)

Ways To Please Your Wife (islamic Perspective) / Nigerian Wins World Muslim Beauty Pageant / Football: World Muslim 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by jude33084(m): 4:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
Don't know why some religious group are so strict on themselves sad
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by maclatunjimumu: 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
curtain: Must poeple always criticise what they can't hv? Let's not be too islamic than the owners of the religion, iran, malyasia and other countries with over 500 contestants struggled for one crown, in an event organised by reknown islamic scholars and clerics and some people are here acting as if arabic is their mothers-thong and using their poor knowledge in passing judgements over the success of our nigerian winner, we need to stop pretending to understand the arabic written quran more than the arabs.

NL muslims know the Quran better than the arabs smiley

2 Likes

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by maclatunjimumu: 5:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
ALISMILE: Ok, ur points are well noted. But is it because of all this points u and oda christians support the idea of women walkin about naked in front of a bunch of goggled-eyed men, all in the name of beauty paegent? Now u insult me and my Prophet cos i say its wrong. And later u ll say u ve a tolerant faith. Well God Almighty ll jugde.

Who gave you the notion that Christianity supports n..udit.y?
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by maclatunjimumu: 5:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
curtain: Must poeple always criticise what they can't hv? Let's not be too islamic than the owners of the religion, iran, malyasia and other countries with over 500 contestants struggled for one crown, in an event organised by reknown islamic scholars and clerics and some people are here acting as if arabic is their mothers-thong and using their poor knowledge in passing judgements over the success of our nigerian winner, we need to stop pretending to understand the arabic written quran more than the arabs.

NL muslims know the Quran better than the arabs smiley
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by maclatunjimumu: 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
showietee: The signs keep on coming... This is tabaruj.

http://theauthenticbase./2011/05/13/tabarruj-women-exposing-themselves-and-causing-fitnah/

http://www.islamicawakening.com/viewarticle.php?articleID=1357

"A man came to al-Hasan (al-Basree) and said:"I wish to debate with you about the Religion".
al-Hasan replied:"I know my Religion. If you have lost your Religion go out and look for it".

Culture came from People. Religion came from Allah. So remember when you choose culture over Religion, you're choosing people over Allah.

May Allah save us.

Islamic is a 7th century Arabic culture in case you don't know smiley

1 Like

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by locoster(m): 5:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
we are movinq toward END-TIME
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by Samunique(m): 5:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
Willzkid: Why don't you just write plain English..all these kuffaar, aqeedah, sunnatic et al., makes it difficult to understand Islamic write-ups.
....And I believe you have the general public in mind.
In fact, those religious stuffs tire me o! Surprisingly, so many posts have been hidden, and you can only find as many as that in muslims threads. Na wah o!!! Insecurity sha? hmmm!!!
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by Samunique(m): 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
God bless u for saying this. But beware of boko boyz oooooooo!!!
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by maclatunjimumu: 5:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
Samunique: In fact, those religious stuffs tire me o! Surprisingly, so many posts have been hidden, and you can only find as many as that in muslims threads. Na wah o!!! Insecurity sha? hmmm!!!

Free Speech has never been allowed in Islam smiley

1 Like

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by christiscomin: 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
when i heard it, i thought as much that muslim culture is more modest than these..

1 Like

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by rahamAllah: 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
saintvc: I wonder why some group of religion fanatics have decided to continue living an achaic way of life. Always drawing people backward.

They do all sexual immorality and support teenage marriage only to frown at beauty pageant

i didnt call any name before some extremist start banning me
You are just as good as the organiser. I feel for you already if you are a muslim and you call references from the noble Quran achaic and fanatic.
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by riac(f): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
May Allah(SWT) bless dis OP $ increase his knowldge.i'm more dan short of words wen ℓ saw d stuff,cnt believe dis is happenin I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a so called muslim country,d country with a so called highest populatn of muslim.walai dere's nothin lyk knowledge.even though ℓ̊ dnt wear hijab,ℓ̊ know dis is totally out of d context of islam.pray Allah guide us to d right path

2 Likes

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by Ateeku06: 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
Willzkid: Why don't you just write plain English..all these kuffaar, aqeedah, sunnatic et al., makes it difficult to understand Islamic write-ups.
....And I believe you have the general public in mind.
kuffaar-Unbelievers, aqeedah- Islamic Principle, sunnatic- teaching of prophet MUHAMMAD(Peace and the Blessing of ALLAH be Upon Him). I hope you understand

1 Like

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
riac: May Allah(SWT) bless dis OP $ increase his knowldge.i'm more dan short of words wen ℓ saw d stuff,cnt believe dis is happenin I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a so called muslim country,d country with a so called highest populatn of muslim.walai dere's nothin lyk knowledge. even though ℓ̊ dnt wear hijab,ℓ̊ know dis is totally out of d context of islam.pray Allah guide us to d right path
Why don't you wear hijab? You're trying to look fly like your Christians friends abi?

#can I have your bb pin? wink
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by ihimami: 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
I don't know why some of you non-Muslims like to deride Islamic issues. The OP is right on his submissions and you could see that majority of Nairaland Muslims supports his position, yet you will not leave us alone. Please read the below foreign media take on the same issue devoid of our usual sentiment in Nigeria;

[b]20/09/2013 10:15 | By Periwinkle Jones, contributor, MSN Her

World Muslimah is no different to any other Miss World competitions

The new Muslim Miss World has been crowned. While this is a breath of fresh air – a beauty contest where women don’t have to take their clothes off – should we still be having them at all asks Periwinkle Jones…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Miss Nigeria, Obabiyi Aishah Ajibola, aged just 21, has been crowned Muslim Miss World in the competition held in Indonesia.

The idea of MMW was to be an antidote to the traditional competition. Instead of encouraging women to parade around in a state of UnCloth and judging them on their youth and looks, the crown was awarded to the winner based on her religious knowledge and piety. But wait, also her youth and looks.

Even though the competition has been called a ‘breath of fresh air’ much of the basics remain the same: the women were all young, they were all attractive (albeit, less model-esque) and they were all still rated up for these facts. The bikini round was only scrapped last minute due to protests by hard-line Islamic groups.

If the Muslim Miss World judges wanted to be truly subversive and celebrate a woman’s religious knowledge there would have been a greater mix of ages, body shapes and less make up so that their natural beauty could shine through.

It wasn’t a different competition – it was the same competition but with a different title.

ASSOCIATED PRESS

I’m not against beauty pageants – except maybe those creepy child ones, where 8-year-olds are dressed to look like 35-year-old barflies – but think it is sad that this is still how we judge a woman’s worth.

It seems that every competition held to rate and celebrate women is centred around their youth and looks – rather than their achievements. You never hear of a Miss World-type competition which celebrates truly lovely people, smart ones or ones that have achieved a lot. Or if you do, they’re held at a much smaller blink-and-you’ll-miss-them scale.

We’re living in a society where women are objectified much more than their male counterparts. Maybe the answer is to redress the balance here and hold a few more Mr World-type competitions? But ones that celebrate a range of male physical features rather than just the chiselled, oiled-up Mr Universe stripper types we’ve already seen. A competition for nerdy, beardy guys who work in IT, say. Or shorter men, or larger guys or anything other than the stereotype of ‘attractive’ that’s rammed down our throats everyday.

So what I’m trying to say is, if we’re going to still have slightly out dated, sexist, creepy competitions like Miss World, which cater exclusively for the male gaze and a very small sector of society’s sexual preferences, could we also have Mr Nerd too? If they need anyone to pad out the judging panel, you know where to find me…

[/b]

1 Like

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by ayobase(m): 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
ALISMILE: Why cant chritains take a strong position in d fite against immorality. Even d devil knws its immoral for a waman to walk about naked wit men watchin. Ur religion is fast becomin the devil's advocate all in d name of civilisation. Is it not babaric and characteristic of d stone age for people not to be aware of their own unclothedness? Baware of d devil.

Where did u see anything like "Christian Beauty Pageant"?

What are the bases of ur post?

Any link?
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by Alexgeneration(m): 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
saintvc: I wonder why some group of religion fanatics have decided to continue living an achaic way of life. Always drawing people backward.

They do all sexual immorality and support teenage marriage only to frown at beauty pageant

i didnt call any name before some extremist start banning me
bros no mind these hypocrites, them say beauty pageant na sin but to marry 9yr old girl no be sin. Mtchewwwwwww

1 Like

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by Horus(m): 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unyaehvGHNc

Nigerian wins Muslim only beauty pageant in Jakarta
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by OneOpinion: 12:33am On Sep 21, 2013
Mr Critique: Dear poster, permit me to comment on some of the issues you have raised in your treatise.
For starters, you need to understand the role of TIME as a very powerful factor in life. The little changes you have noted in your article and critised, is not a function of compromise in your religion but of time. Time it is that make you understand things. If you critise everything western and try to block it from infilterating Islam, you may well be trying to fight against time,which in this case you are powerless. You believe some things in your relogion not because you know better but because you have been programmed to. A Case in point is the use of the niqab(hijab) by Muslim women. Now do you know that the histroy has no Islamic origin but Jewish? This is one of the several practices that was imitated way way back but never considered as compromise cos the book and the prophet sanctioned it. The question is how do you reconcile the practices of ancient Arabia Isam with 21st century world Islam, without being unfaithful? Since they say time changes things, why not accept what's happening in Islam and quiet fighting a lost battle?
Finally, the problem has never being with what was written in the quran or any other Holy book, but what was interpreted to you during sermon. So why not get a grip of time and go with the flow.

In plain Ceasar's text,you are DELUDED
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by OneOpinion: 12:48am On Sep 21, 2013
Im really getting pissed off with this shit.

WARNING:why engage the kafirs on matter pertaining to your religion...on what bases do you intend to argue with them....please honour and protect your religion...do away with vain acts for God's sake

The op stance is very much undisputed by true adherents of the religion.We need not condemn anyone cause our Lord is OFT-FORGIVING.... for those who seek forgiveness and sincere repentence.
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by OneOpinion: 12:51am On Sep 21, 2013
Im really getting pissed off with this shit.

WARNING:why engage the kafirs on matter pertaining to your religion...on what bases do you intend to argue with them....please honour and protect your religion...do away with vain acts for God's sake

The op stance is very much undisputed by true adherents of the religion.We need not condemn anyone cause our Lord is OFT-FORGIVING....
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by kefmawin: 1:07am On Sep 21, 2013
This summarizes it:
kefmawin: I will also be quick to add that such beauty pageant is not supported by the Christian faith as the holy bible encourages women to walk with all modesty and "shamefacedness" (1Timothy 2:9,10; 1Peter 3:1-5; ). It is a product of the decaying world as the bible puts it (1John 2:15-17).

The real beauty is in the inward character that plays out as godly virtues.

God even had to reprimand the daughters of Zion for such indecency (Isaiah 3:16-20) and pronounced His judgement.

However, we must also examine our own hearts before we judge others lest we become great hypocrites.
It is bad enough to have a show of religion and abstinence from certain practices while the heart is full of pollutions and corruptions and when given the opportunity worst things are done in the secrets and dark corners.

The true path to freedom is to accept and receive the grace of God which alone can save us from sin and its consequences (Titus 2:11-14, John 3:16).

Our personal struggles in human strength will always fall short of God's requirement. Only His grace can keep us clean.
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by ohnyeestephen(f): 6:32am On Sep 21, 2013
Are you guys for serious ? How has she gone against allah ? Did she commit any sin ? Did she show of her body ? Did she dance to any ungodly music. U guys should look at it like she went for a quran quiz. I am a christian, and I surely do not fancy pagentry but I'd rather have my christan brethren do pagentry that encourages their spiritual life and also helps them understand that they do not have to show of bodies in bikini's before they can be seen as beauty queens.
Besides why don't your guys talk to the organisers and leave the poor girl alone. Abi na she organise am ?
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by pmc01(m): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2013
Aamiin. Jazakallaahukhairan.
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by pmc01(m): 9:07am On Sep 21, 2013

If you are a Muslim, this statement depicts you as unrepentantly and shamelessly ignorant. Try and learn from the Sunnatic scholars to restructure your defective Aqeedah (ideology).

NB: Advice offered in good faith. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by novicali: 9:17am On Sep 21, 2013
You should know how to differentiate Christianity from the World System. Christianity Never encourage Nudity and will Never encourage it. On the contrary Muslims should not be follow follow to the World system of things.
maclatunjimumu:

Who gave you the notion that Christianity supports n..udit.y?
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by novicali: 9:34am On Sep 21, 2013
I want to correct a notion here, the world beauty pageant is a worldly thing organized by worldly people trying to make their money through the world system. Funny enough there has never been any beauty pageant tagged "Christian beauty pageant" the earlier you have this in mind the better you understand how to differentiate the world and Christianity.
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by MZmuaz: 10:45am On Sep 21, 2013
Alhamdullah, May ALLAH reward u abundantly . Like it or not you have said the truth and many Muslim that really understand Islam have spoken . One thing is obvious someone can be a Muslims but may understand ISLAM. And the only way of understanding ISLAM is to learn it in hand of right scholars using QUR'AN & authentic HADITHS .MAY ALLAH GUIDE US ALL ON THE RIGHT PATH.
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by tinzzz: 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2013
nice post bro, 100% sunnah no mix
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2013
I am not sorry to say you peeps are a bunch of confused people.when it is time to speak out on salient and more important issues that will affect lives directly and indirectly,you peeps will keep your self righteous mouth shut.i read every single thing from the begining to the end to the last letter and my question for you guys is that
1. When the buohaha of child marriage came up in nigeria,you peeps kept quiet,why is that?
2. When the issue of continous bombing and persecution of other religions IN THE NORTH (citadel of islam in nigeria and an apparently peaceful and religiously tolerant state) was going on and is still going on,you kept quiet and didnt say anything,(its none of your business i suppose)
3. Why do you peeps like paying attention to less important,frivolous and trivial things at the expense of other pressing things.some muslim women come together to organize/host beauty peageant (for reasons best known to them) and it does not affect you or i in anyway, including mr s.a.w mohammed,yet you people rant soooo arrogantly with the aura of a self righteous person,no answer,right?
5.young girls are in the hospital in the north,dying of vvf,having terrible body odour and other kinds of repulsive diseases because of vvf,married to sick old men who have s3x with their growing/unformed bodies,you self rightous association of muslim members cannot rally round and stop the madness and young lives wasting away.just go to the hospital in the north and see how many small girls have become a shadow of themselves,all thanks to child marriage.(children cannot be left to be children again)and all those kinds of nonsense,yet that is not important to you.how about rallying round to help the families of the victims of terrorism aka boko haram.comforting them,sending relief materials to them etc so that through your actions you can convince them/make them understand islam is a religion of 'peace' moreover the last time i checked those ladies are the ALFA AND OMEGAS OF THEIR LIVES AND BODIES AND CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH IT.seriously, i dont just get it. Cant you guys ever let peace reigh.must you always have it your way all the time or cause chaos if you cant have it your way.jeez.mshewwwwwww.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mermaids – Do They Exist Or Not? / Photos From The Commissioning Of Central Mosque Okpo, Olamaboro In Kogi / Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.