Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,982 members, 7,899,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 01:29 PM

Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS (19061 Views)

Judge’s Bid To Stop Saraki’s Trial Thwarted, DSS Director Rallies To Sarakis Aid / Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS / Breaking News Ibrahim Shekarau Arrested By Sss Over Sponsorship Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by Giddyprance(m): 10:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
kaorama: Bad news for APC. They r trying to raise money, anyhow.
oooooooooooooo
this my guards again...Who released this dog from the cage...*vexing*

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by Clemzy16(m): 10:44pm On Sep 19, 2013
booqee: no offense bro but you're kinda getting too dry and boring these days..
it`s not getting dry jor!

It`has four 'likes' already while yours is still begging for one|

3 Likes

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by ALISMILE(m): 10:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
usmanyaro17: The secret police always impresses us, at least we know a government agency that is taking its work very seriously, well done SSS, i wish i could be recruited, i always admire them from a distance. grin
. Of course they ll impress u cos they make only high profile arrest and also cos u need a job. Ask ursef hw many real time danger they ve had to face;like havin to confront armed robbers,militancy or BH? An ordinary division in the police make hundreds of such achievments witout the IG havin to come on air. I knw they ve a very very poor image amongst us nigerians and that is also cos they dont spend much time and money on image makin.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by hardniola(m): 10:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
the jew of naija export their main trade to northren nija.........hahahahah
Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by Super1759: 11:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
booqee: no offence but i think i wasn't talking to you. undecided
What's pissing you off tonight lady? Your boyfriend don ex you? Please stop transferring aggressions and deal with it,if you don't like the jokes,keep quiet,its making some people's day.

2 Likes

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
deeptesting: Well, very good say d attempted attempt by d kidnappers was not only foiled but was successful with d arrest of the culprits. It is gradually getting to the top. I have sent their names to Chief Mike Ozokhome Chambers to appear on their behalf in court and press the Judge to acquit them on all charges and request the President to grant them amnesty immediately.

You culdnt have said it better bro. My ozekhome, a human right lawyer my azz.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
Where does she get the money to be building house at this present hard times if not parts that her dad stole from govt pocket. Now boys want to enroll in the share of the national moimoi, sss or whatever they are called came foiling thier attempt. Wetin boys go do now? grin

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by olusola200: 3:27am On Sep 20, 2013
senseless person ,pls grow we are not here to joke

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by bokoarerams: 6:02am On Sep 20, 2013
I know dat chickn she lives in maitama always going around in a black jeep with no security detail. From her behaviour u will never know she is d late president's daugther but most times her face gives her out. ThankGod it was foiled
Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by DAXTACY(m): 6:32am On Sep 20, 2013
They should leave the lil" gal alone,shame on them
Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by bellong: 7:27am On Sep 20, 2013
ALISMILE: . Of course they ll impress u cos they make only high profile arrest and also cos u need a job. Ask ursef hw many real time danger they ve had to face;like havin to confront armed robbers,militancy or BH? An ordinary division in the police make hundreds of such achievments witout the IG havin to come on air. I knw they ve a very very poor image amongst us nigerians and that is also cos they dont spend much time and money on image makin.

In an ideal situation, all the law enforcement agencies are working together to achieve a common goal, peace, security and stability of the country. When one of the agencies' image is already battered, do not blame the public if the agency is not given adequate commendation because they brought it upon themselves.

Comparing the NPF with SSS for their work on internal security is like comparing Yam and Beans. They have different statutory responsibilities and if SSS is doing police's job, is that not an indication of the failure of the police. The hundreds of arrests made by the police like you claimed, where do you think they get some of the intelligence from?

Meanwhile, the SSS does not make noise about her daily functions like the police. The few you hear and see are just tip of what they have achieved. This thread is not about the police but effort of the SSS. Don't take it away from them.

2 Likes

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by lurvy: 7:28am On Sep 20, 2013
adamooye5: Nigeria’s secret police, the State Security Service, Thursday said it thwarted an attempt by some kidnappers to abduct one of the daughters of late President Umaru Yar’Adua.
Marilyn Ogar, the agency’s spokesperson, said two suspects, including a fake army general, have been arrested in connection with the incident.
Details of the incident are still sketchy.
However, cases of kidnap are on the upsurge, especially in the South of Nigeria.
Human rights lawyer, Mike Ozekhome, and the Archbishop of the Niger Delta Province of the Anglican Communion, Ignatius Kattey, were among high profile Nigerians who have just been released from kidnappers’ dens after they were held for days.
There are speculations that ransoms are usually paid before the abductors release their victims.
More to come …
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144962-breaking-sss-foils-kidnap-late-president-yaraduas-daughter.html

[size=18pt]

Please can someone explain to me what the bolded quote above indicates or what this newspaper is trying to insinuate?
I want to know what type of journalism this is and how does the comment in bold above relate to the report?

[/size]
Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by BlackMamba2: 7:37am On Sep 20, 2013
booqee: no offence but i think i wasn't talking to you. undecided

why do people like saying No offence just before they offend?

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by PhilipTosin(m): 7:37am On Sep 20, 2013
iamswizz: Congratulations!!! You have just wasted 8 seconds of your life by reading this comment.
And you have wasted more seconds of ur life in writing this.

3 Likes

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by tosingcfr(m): 7:51am On Sep 20, 2013
lurvy:

[size=18pt]

Please can someone explain to me what the bolded quote above indicates or what this newspaper is trying to insinuate?
I want to know what type of journalism this is and how does the comment in bold above relate to the report?

[/size]

''however'' was used there to tell you more about kidnapping in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by daliki: 8:06am On Sep 20, 2013
tongue cool

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by beewhyfocs(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2013
I guess its because she has SSS attached to her. Not every Nigerian has such privileges. So no need to praise the SSS, they only did their job!

2 Likes

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by bellong: 8:10am On Sep 20, 2013
beewhyfocs: I guess its because she has SSS attached to her. Not every Nigerian has such privileges. So no need to praise the SSS, they only did their job!

No private citizen is entitled to SSS deployment. The SSS is different from NPF. No, she doesn't have SSS attached to her, they only did their job because they had the intelligence ahead of time which is one of their constitutional duties.
Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by beewhyfocs(m): 8:14am On Sep 20, 2013
bellong:

No private citizen is entitled to SSS deployment. The SSS is different from NPF. No, she doesn't have SSS attached to her, they only did their job because they had the intelligence ahead of time which is one of their constitutional duties.

Ok. Let me take that as the truth. But what has the SSS been doing about the rampant cases of kidnapping in Nigeria? Are you of the opinion that this is the only case got the information ahead of time?

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by EduParis(m): 8:15am On Sep 20, 2013
zonaking: I see no changez
yeah,like 2pac.
Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by bellong: 8:23am On Sep 20, 2013
beewhyfocs:

Ok. Let me take that as the truth. But what has the SSS been doing about the rampant cases of kidnapping in Nigeria? Are you of the opinion that this is the only case got the information ahead of time?

You will agree with me that every sector of the nation lacks adequate resources to carry it out including the security agencies. The country is becoming so hard that most youths are looking for short-cut to success. The few operatives of these security agencies are not enough to combat the increased spate of kidnappings. They have too many to contend with.

This is where the FG needs to be up and doing. Every of the agencies is trying to do what they can in alleviating this problem including the police but there is limit to what a limited resources can do. Do you understand the drift?

In short, there is lack of manpower.
Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by beewhyfocs(m): 8:35am On Sep 20, 2013
bellong:

You will agree with me that every sector of the nation lacks adequate resources to carry it out including the security agencies. The country is becoming so hard that most youths are looking for short-cut to success. The few operatives of these security agencies are not enough to combat the increased spate of kidnappings. They have too many to contend with.

This is where the FG needs to be up and doing. Every of the agencies is trying to do what they can in alleviating this problem including the police but there is limit to what a limited resources can do. Do you understand the drift?

In short, there is lack of manpower.

Yea, I get the drift. Albeit, manpower should not be an excuse for the government. I don't mean to sound pessimistic or act as the devil's advocate in this matter. What has the government been doing with security votes? The amount voted for security keep increasing in proportion to the spate of crime in the nation, yet we have not seen a corresponding improvement in our security affairs.

You will agree with me that some of these monies are not been used in a justified manner. Unemployment is so high in the country which implies that these jobless youth can be made to function in these security apparatus. Yet we do nothing about it.

Anyway, I give it to the SSS on this particular case.
Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by bellong: 8:57am On Sep 20, 2013
beewhyfocs:

Yea, I get the drift. Albeit, manpower should not be an excuse for the government. I don't mean to sound pessimistic or act as the devil's advocate in this matter. What has the government been doing with security votes? The amount voted for security keep increasing in proportion to the spate of crime in the nation, yet we have not seen a corresponding improvement in our security affairs.

You will agree with me that some of these monies are not been used in a justified manner. Unemployment is so high in the country which implies that these jobless youth can be made to function in these security apparatus. Yet we do nothing about it.

Anyway, I give it to the SSS on this particular case.

Yes, you have very good and valid points. That is why I noted earlier that this is where the FG needs to be up and doing. Its a pathetic case that the politicians benefit greatly from insecurity because of security vote. If all security agencies have adequate manpower and there is good security across the nation, how do you expect them to overbloat and siphon security vote?

It is apathetic situation my brother
Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by iogbonnaya(m): 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
I really wish dat any of dz kidnappers would just come nd kidnap my state governor T.A Orji,I'll be so happy....any kidnapper who succeeds in kidnapping him,I'll give d person #1bn cash...
Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
iamswizz: Congratulations!!! You have just wasted 8 seconds of your life by reading this comment.

nd u jt waste more den 8s writing d non-sense!!!
Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by hopilo: 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
I hope the will also thwart kidnap attempt on Nigerians whose surname is not Yar'adua
Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by muktarmtt(m): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2013
Did u rily knw hw 2 read or jst bein bigotry dey say dey r frm south I mean d kiddnappers I dnt tink APC is frm d south so jst find anoda way 2 spill ur shit laptop boy wahala u job done finish
Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by ALISMILE(m): 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2013
bellong:

In an ideal situation, all the law enforcement agencies are working together to achieve a common goal, peace, security and stability of the country. When one of the agencies' image is already battered, do not blame the public if the agency is not given adequate commendation because they brought it upon themselves.

Comparing the NPF with SSS for their work on internal security is like comparing Yam and Beans. They have different statutory responsibilities and if SSS is doing police's job, is that not an indication of the failure of the police. The hundreds of arrests made by the police like you claimed, where do you think they get some of the intelligence from?

Meanwhile, the SSS does not make noise about her daily functions like the police. The few you hear and see are just tip of what they have achieved. This thread is not about the police but effort of the SSS. Don't take it away from them.
I'm not say sayin that the sss is not workin.The sss statutory duty is suppose to be Intellegence. But to wat watextent ve they fared in this regard.
Re: Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS by bellong: 8:21am On Sep 22, 2013
ALISMILE: I'm not say sayin that the sss is not workin.The sss statutory duty is suppose to be Intellegence. But to wat watextent ve they fared in this regard.

You will need to get the Act that established the organisation to understand their other core duties. To what extent they have fared in intelligence gathering cannot be ascertained by anyone of us except the bodies to which they are mandated to share the intelligence with. You initially mentioned of the many arrests made by police, it wouldn't be out of place to say that the SSS must have been part of the success for the intelligence shared with the Police.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: The Aftermath Of Akure Gas Explosion / Boko Haram Attacks Kill More Than 50 In Borno State / Ondo Election: PDP Heads To Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.