Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,135 members, 7,946,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 07:24 AM

15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage (1086 Views)

Ladies, 5 Habits You Must Stop If You're Ready To Settle Down For Marriage / Getting Married? Are You Sure You're Ready? / 15 Ways To Know If You're Not Ready For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Ijeleigbo(m): 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
(1). If you believe that you must always have the
last
say
in an argument,you are not ready for marriage.

(2). If you don't like anyone invading your
space,you
are
not ready.

(3). If you're a lady,and you don't cook or don't like
to,your marriage is not likely to be easy or funny
one.

(4). If you always say things exactly how they come
to
your mind not caring who is hurt,your marriage is
likely to crash.

(5). If you believe you are who you are and no one
can
change that,you're not ready.

(6). If you think about others when you've fully
sorted
yourself out,you're not ready.

(7). If you are so good about holding a grudge and
you
will only let go when you feel like,stay unmarried
please.

(cool. If you're a man and you are not engaged in
ventures or a process in time that can financially
take
care of your immediate family and
beyond,you need to give yourself a few more years
to
be
ready.

(9). If as a man,you're easily swayed and
pressurized to
do things against your wish,you are not ready for
marriage.

(10). If you believe that women at best should be
good
in bed and kitchen affairs only,you will end up
having a
bitter and subdued wife;stay away.

(11). If your mind can't conceive the thought of
having
a
more successful wife,even if it is temporary,then
you
have little growing up to do.

(12). If you have no confidence in your capability
and
your future,you have no business taking someone
else
with you.

(13). If as a man,you don't have a mentor or leader
you
follow,listen or defer to,you're not going to be able
to
lead your family.

(14). If you can't have wedding ceremony within a
budget you can personally afford,give yourself
more
time. Who says you can't have 20 guests or less at
your
wedding? Cut your coat according to your cloth
and
take responsibility. As a man, you can define how
small
or large you want your wedding ceremony to be
and be
able to handle it.

(15). If you have anger problem such that you can
destroy things when you are angry, get a therapist
to
help you in managing it. Otherwise engage God's
help
for the change you seek. With anger issues,you're a
disaster waiting to explode.

Marriage is an investment and a covenant, what
you put into it is what
comes out of it!
Ask God for a true Direction

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
Interesting.
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by homesteady(m): 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
I'm guilty of Number 2 and 5 especially number 2 - I just love my space, I don't like somebody bothering me! I love fresh air around me!

But is number 13 compulsory? I don't have a mentor! I am my mentor!
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Ijeleigbo(m): 8:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
sexkillz: Interesting.

Your first ever complement since I started publishing articles on NAIRALAND..... Thank you!
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by AbuMikey(m): 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
Guilty of 2,4,5,11 and 13 undecided
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Ijeleigbo(m): 8:42pm On Sep 19, 2013
homesteady: I'm guilty of Number 2 and 5 especially number 2 - I just love my space, I don't like somebody bothering me! I love fresh air around me!

But is number 13 compulsory? I don't have a mentor! I am my mentor!

As a man, if you don't have a mentor or leader, it is bad!
My mentor is King Solomon of the Bible, My Master and Father is GOD!!
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
In obedience to rule no 13, i want to point it out that this guy has disobeyed rule no 14. I promise, this thread was up in family section of recent.

By the way, i kinda missed ur lists. wink tongue
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
alutacontinua: In obedience to rule no 13, i want to point it out that this guy has disobeyed rule no 14. I promise, this thread was up in family section of recent.

By the way, i kinda missed ur lists. wink tongue

Thanks Aluta...... I deeply appreciate
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

Thanks Aluta...... I deeply appreciate

You're welcome tongue

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by cdamsel(f): 9:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
Ijele no vex we don c this article b4,i have tire ooooooooooo
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
cdamsel: Ijele no vex we don c this article b4,i have tire ooooooooooo

Even if you've seen it, others haven't seen yet!
BE YOUR BROTHER'S KEEPER
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Eobiabo(m): 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
This is serious, if I tell u say e easy not to dey guilty of any of this na SETUP
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
Eobiabo: This is serious, if I tell u say e easy not to dey guilty of any of this na SETUP

My brother, its not by power, might or our abilities....... Its by the grace of God Almighty
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Adaeze003(f): 11:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
Ok... I'm definitely not ready!

Btw, this is nice...
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by AbuMikey(m): 11:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
Eobiabo: This is serious, if I tell u say e easy not to dey guilty of any of this na SETUP
Bros,if me is tell you me is understand what you are typed,wallahi it is a SETUP angry
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by addictiv(m): 11:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
[size=14pt]your mentor must be someone that you relate to, someone who can advise you when in need not a figure or character......it has to be someone who knows you personally, whose lifestyle you would love to emulate [/size]

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Ijeleigbo(m): 11:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
addictiv: [size=14pt]your mentor must be someone that you relate to, someone who can advise you when in need not a figure or character......it has to be someone who knows you personally, whose lifestyle you would love to emulate [/size]

Then King Solomon's my role model......
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by addictiv(m): 11:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

Then King Solomon's my role model......
[size=14pt]k...hope you hit the 700 bench mark [/size]
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Stunner1(f): 12:20am On Sep 20, 2013
ok
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 20, 2013
Have you wondered why the best marriage counselors get divorced themselves?
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Ijeleigbo(m): 5:38am On Sep 20, 2013
addictiv:
[size=14pt]k...hope you hit the 700 bench mark [/size]

Before I die, I'll hit more than 700
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by SaintChukz(m): 10:05am On Sep 20, 2013
I'm taking 8, 9, 10 and 12 and throwing the rest out of the window. Thanks...!
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by UyiIredia(m): 10:36am On Sep 20, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

Your first ever complement since I started publishing articles on NAIRALAND..... Thank you!

Lol. Ijele-igbo you and this your passion for lists. '15 ways to know . . ', '5 Ways to get . . .', '10 Ways to be . . .' etc You should start your own listverse cheesy
Re: 15 Ways To Know If You're Ready For Marriage by Ijeleigbo(m): 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Lol. Ijele-igbo you and this your passion for lists. '15 ways to know . . ', '5 Ways to get . . .', '10 Ways to be . . .' etc You should start your own listverse cheesy

You really gonna help me with that

(1) (Reply)

I Get Bored In Relationships / Please I Need Your Sincere Advise / 28 Top Secret Tips On How To Make Suitors Come Proposing,and You Choose Your Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.