Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,091 members, 7,919,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 10:02 AM

Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims (7921 Views)

HAJJ Pilgrims Defrauded, Stranded At Lagos Airport / Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims / Saudi Arabia Detains 400 Nigerian Female Hajj Pilgrims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by moscobabs(m): 10:29am On Sep 20, 2013
APC is working,PDP is criticizing,People are watching and 2015 is comming..PDP had spent its TIME what we need is CHANGE!!!
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by pesty100(m): 10:30am On Sep 20, 2013
cachal: Why are people angry when something is done to assist religion in this country? both Christians and Muslims are guilty of this..
what people are angry at is is that religion and politics are two different things the two shouldn't mix together....... Just like medicine and religion
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by deols(f): 10:31am On Sep 20, 2013
laplace19: Nice one by the government.....

...But on a second thought,WERE THEY NOT WITH THEIR PHONES ALREADY?

...OR THEY DON'T HAVE PHONE AT ALL?

...And what's the essence of giving out another phone to each and every one of them if they already have phones?....... Just asking.

This is a better question to ask.

I hope the ring tone is not automatically made to sing Amosun for president.

If it does help the pilgrims, it is a very welcome development.

It probably is going to help their track down during the hajj with them having unique phone numbers and speed dials.
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by born2boink(m): 10:36am On Sep 20, 2013
Ordinary phone? Or na BB porche? Na Jet dem go buy for me when I become a pastor
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by luvola(m): 10:42am On Sep 20, 2013
deols: OMG!

At this age and time, you have this much hatred over something GOOGlE could have helped you on?

Pilgrims PAY for their hajj and the government makes money from it.

It is only right that whatever would make the pilgrims comfortable is provided by the government. This is like a good customer service.

Some just like to rant when it is a matter of religion even when they have no idea of what is going on.
no be only customer care na after sales service. A state that could n't pay common 5000 state allowance defending that they are illiquid and in a deficit budget run could afford to buy phone to those going to mecca and you are here defending this. Smh for your ideology.
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by NOLONGTIN1(m): 10:44am On Sep 20, 2013
taiyesoul:

Mr no long thing or no short thing,your arguement above is totally unjustifiable.You can even ask the Governor to start paying undergraduates' allawi!.Did he buy any phone for the pilgrims last year?.why dont you attack the Federal Government instead to settle NYSC?.na Ogun state govt get NYSC ni?.

You don’t understand my pain!!!

Ogun state governor said he couldn't pay Corpers serving in his school (state schools) because there is no money. The federal government pays 19800, but the state or private company in which the corpers where posted are suppose to supplement FG stipend.

So my annoyance is that Ajimobi has money to splash on pilgrimage but not on corpers working for him in his school/LG!

Imagine FG saying there is no money for ASUU, then splashing money on phones and pilgrimage.

If you were one of those who castigated FG for buying gold-plated-Iphones (even when it was false), I see no reason why you should justify what Ogun state government did - that's hypocrisy!

Note: I'm talking about corpers working for Ogun state government, i.e our earned allowance

1 Like

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by victorv12(m): 10:47am On Sep 20, 2013
Which kind of public and useless wastage is this?! If an investigation should be carried out, we'll find out that the whole entire phone giving was a scam! Ogun state people should protest against this religious scam! People are suffering and schools are being shut down, still, some useless state elements went ahead to be giving out mobile phones to Hajj pilgrims. The people that initiated this idea shall never have peace. B*stards!!!
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by olasha1(m): 10:48am On Sep 20, 2013
Dis country sef.they are now using a stole funds to finance region and d religion bigot are dere watching..it iz well even in d well

For ur genuine$affodable land $house leasing in lekki ajah lagos pls call 08068717899/08155196611 pin 2687847e..
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by luvola(m): 10:51am On Sep 20, 2013
why will the moderators hide my post ? I repeat , i am waiting for the ACN lapdog rat to come and defend this . I finished my NYSC two month ago and could you imagine corpers were asked to signed an undertaking that they will not receive their state allowance at the end of their service due to the fact that ogun state governor is broke and currently operating on deficit budget system but they can afford to buy phone to those going to mecca ? I have to depend on my 19.8k . I am ready to attack and banish any ACN e-warrior here. Angry

1 Like

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Yemmynaira(m): 10:53am On Sep 20, 2013
NO LONG TIN: This is soo annoying!!! Why should the government fund people going on pilgrimage?? Shouldn't that be personal?!
U shud be able to reason to know dat not true,it is politics,with the huge amount they collected from the pilgrims,some even advertise it dat feeding is free.do u tink anytin can go for free in this country.
We really have a long way to go in this country, the government priorities need to be redefined.

Its not as if sponsoring pilgrimage will reduce the crime rate, corruption or child marriage in the country/state

Any Christian or Muslim that wants to go on pilgrimage should do so from his/her own pocket, God will surely appreciate it more!

The thing that pain me pass be say this same governor said he can only pay a small fraction of all NYSC members serving in state schools/LG because there is no money!

Amosun is trying to tell us that sponsoring and buying phones for these people is more important than NYSC members who come from far and wide....... Who have to survive on 19, 800 per month

Note: money spent on these pilgrims are a luxury but NYSC members need their earned allowances to survive (remember corpers worked for the money)
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by deols(f): 10:57am On Sep 20, 2013
luvola: why will the moderators hide my post ? I repeat , i am waiting for the ACN lapdog rat to come and defend this . I finished my NYSC two month ago and could you imagine corpers were asked to signed an undertaking that they will not receive their state allowance at the end of their service due to the fact that ogun state governor is broke and currently operating on deficit budget system but they can afford to buy phone to those going to mecca ? I have to depend on my 19.8k . I am ready to attack and banish any ACN e-warrior here. Angry

There is a NYSC section. You need to show your grievances there and not derail this thread.

The phone is most probably bought from the money paid by the pilgrims.

People from other state might prefer Ogun from next year, helping the government make more money.

If it helps the welfare of the Pilgrims, it is a Good development. Let other states take note.
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by NOLONGTIN1(m): 10:59am On Sep 20, 2013

At this age and time, you have this much hatred over something GOOGlE could have helped you on?

It is only right that whatever would make the pilgrims comfortable is provided by the government. This is like a good customer service.

Some just like to rant when it is a matter of religion even when they have no idea of what is going on

Mrs Goggle, Pls give me a Realiable link to justify ur explanation.

@bolded, this is the kind of attitude I hate.... You're looking for a fight to derail this conversation but I won't give you that satisfaction!

We should focus @topic, is it right or wrong? If GEJ did that after claiming there is no money for ASUU members how would you react?

If you feel the state government acted right, No P. But you should remember it's 'good customer service' if FG decides tomorrow to buy gold-plated-cars for politicians/individuals
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by deols(f): 11:18am On Sep 20, 2013
NO LONG TIN:

Mrs Goggle, Pls give me a Realiable link to justify ur explanation.

@bolded, this is the kind of attitude I hate.... You're looking for a fight to derail this conversation but I won't give you that satisfaction!

We should focus @topic, is it right or wrong? If GEJ did that after claiming there is no money for ASUU members how would you react?

If you feel the state government acted right, No P. But you should remember it's 'good customer service' if FG decides tomorrow to buy gold-plated-cars for politicians/individuals

You would need to prove that, that is equally customer service.

Did people pay for their hajj? Yes. Do governments provide certain things like housing, tent space at arafah, ankara for easy recognition? yes.

The phone seems to be one of such things as above aimed at making hajj easy. These people probably already have phones, maybe better ones but may need this for other genuine reasons.

and don't forget that the pilgrims are Ogun state people who deserve good welfare packages from their government at any time of need.
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by miqos02(m): 11:41am On Sep 20, 2013
here we go again, its absolutely unreasonable of the state government to buy phones( no matter the cost) for people who have paid hundreds of thousands for the hajj. PROGRESSIVES INDEED....
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:43am On Sep 20, 2013
deols:

There is a NYSC section. You need to show your grievances there and not derail this thread.

People from other state might prefer Ogun from next year, helping the government make more money.

If it helps the welfare of the Pilgrims, it is a Good development. Let other states take note.

What kind of Mod are you? Hw is @luvola's post not relevant to this thread?

It is so on point! That is what this thread is about..... You could help move this to NYSC section incase it's in the wrong place. I purposely put it in Muslim section to avoid a religious e-war.

Anyway, as the Originator of this thread I hereby declare luvola's post relevant and therefore forbid you from hiding it!
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Tats(m): 11:43am On Sep 20, 2013
Complete waste of public funds.

Someone has created a useless need somewhere and another one has been given the contract to buy those phones.
Do they not all already have one or more phones and can simply switch sims when they get to Saudi?
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:46am On Sep 20, 2013
deols:

What kind of Mod are you? Hw is @luvola's post not relevant to this thread?

It is so on point! That is what this thread is about..... You could help move this to NYSC section incase it's in the wrong place. I purposely put it in Muslim section to avoid a religious e-war.

Anyway, as the Originator of this thread I hereby declare luvola's post relevant and therefore forbid you from hiding it!
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by omonnakoda: 11:48am On Sep 20, 2013

Some just like to rant when it is a matter of religion even when they have no idea of what is going on.
How much money does OGUN STATE make from each pilgrim ?
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by kenlash1(m): 11:49am On Sep 20, 2013
jhydebaba: Phones made from where

Creating employment abroad while improvising the land.

Misplaced priorities tongue

What?
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by naptu2: 11:57am On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by cornelius5252: 11:57am On Sep 20, 2013
which kinda phones govt dey give dem.. BB or Androids... Mtsweeew... Now, dem go declare that d govt used million in purchasing phones for pilgrims abi.. Corruption sha !! anyhow , dem must chop money...
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hmmmm Ahhhh ooooo!

Someone is looking for my trouble ooo

I put a post supporting luvola's post, but the mod keeps hiding it even when I dint break any rule.

I'm ready to go to the 'court of Seun' to prove I didn't break any rule.

But if that said person hides my post again(I suspect deols) I will Modify the topic to contain my post..... You can't intimidate me!!!

Be warned!
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by naptu2: 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
smiley the journalist used the phone angle to draw attention to the story, but most of the details in the story are about other things, so here's what I'd like to know.

1) Why did the government buy phones for them?

2) Where did the funds come from?
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
naptu2: Goodluck Jonathan to lead christians on pilgrimage.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/130661-jonathan-to-lead-christians-on-pilgrimage

You miss the point, no one is against anyone going on pilgrimage, but it's painful when a government claims no money and then buys phone + sponsor pilgrims instead of paying the people that worked for said government.
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Theblessed(f): 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
[b][size=16pt]It is well to support the Moslem Community of this State in their need to attend Hajj in Saudi Arabia.

But I ask where in the list of priority needs of this State, is this gesture??

May I ask, what about other Religious groups of this State, have their own needs be met or haven't they got needs of their own??

You see, this kind of unfairness and injustice naturally can, provoke discord between citizens and that can lead to a lot of troubles - however, when a State government becomes a stirrer of such troubles, it worries me...!

Imagine, the ignorant governor overtly displayed favoritism/discrimination among members of his own State, in the name of 'Charity' when it can invest the fund in a more 'inclusive Charitable Venture' that would benefit all and all rather than, a few Moslems - how could this act be right and does this governor have consciences at all??

I assume he is a religious man but intelligence suggests one should keep their Faith/beliefs aside from Politics instead, we get the opposite as people abuse their positions of authority in this Country, our God will avenge it!
[/size][/b]
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by lafuria1(m): 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
Most people angry are avoiding the obvious answer which is the people going for hajj paid for it. My aunt in Kaduna payed 650,000 naira for what they call medium chair, big chair is about 750k. The money covers for air ticket, housing and state uniforms and allowance only. Allowance in the sense that they return an amount to you for shopping etc My believe is ogun state decided to include phones because of how people do get loss finding their way around mecca. NIGERIA MUSLIMS GOING TO HAJJ DON'T GO FOR FREE.
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by naptu2: 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
NO LONG TIN:

You miss the point, no one is against anyone going on pilgrimage, but it's painful when a government claims no money and then buys phone + sponsor pilgrims instead of paying the people that worked for said government.

You miss my point (see my second post above). I was referring to people who are insinuating that muslims are "archaic" because they go on pilgrimage and those who say "what if GEJ does the same". I wasn't referring to the purchase of phones. Now, read my 2nd post again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

On Fiqh Of Menstruation (menstral & Non-menstral Blood) / Fighting The Disbelievers In Islam / There Is Nothing Wrong With Treating Non-muslims Kindly If They Are Not Fighting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.