Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,145 members, 7,943,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 05:54 AM

Police Lied About My Release – Kattey - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Lied About My Release – Kattey (10882 Views)

Badeh Begs-Order My Release From Prison Without Efcc’s Consent –Dailypost / BREAKING: Police Lied About My Release – Falae / Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by deinmaafie(f): 11:20am On Sep 20, 2013
jhidey08: Luk @ dis Man of God o. D fact dat he didn't see any policeman doesn't mean dey didn't make any effort 2 save his lyf. He is an ingrate as far as i'm concerned.
smh. God help you
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by deinmaafie(f): 11:22am On Sep 20, 2013
jhydebaba: Bullet proof mode activated.

But bishop, u too can lie oh. So na divine intervention release u I hear u sir.
na you release am
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Policewoman(f): 11:25am On Sep 20, 2013
At least he should be grateful the police put pressure on the kidnappers by scouting around for them, before they eventually released him. Thank God nothing happened to him sha.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by deinmaafie(f): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2013
Policewoman: At least he should be grateful the police put pressure on the kidnappers by scouting around for them, before they eventually released him. Thank God nothing happened to him sha.
Read the story again ma . He said he appreciates the effort of the police
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:42am On Sep 20, 2013
deinma afie: Be careful of what you comment. Dont get punished because of a post you saw

#team dont touch the anointed....

Indeed God is everywhere even on Nairaland.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Demdem(m): 11:43am On Sep 20, 2013
phreddie:

pro Amaechi, power freaking, politicking bandit!

Am pro truth. Mbu, his goons and supporters thrives in lies as evident in this story.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 20, 2013
I can't believe that people can be this funny on nl, the bishop said helicopter was going round the area about 500 times doesn't mean that he was referring to the police helicopter(s), he was grateful for there effort bt must he tell a lie that he was rescued by the police to show how grateful he is, must everything be based on being anti-amaechi or pro-amaechi! The police lied, simple. Thank God for his life thou

1 Like

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
Okija_juju: NOTE: Ever since Amaechi hands off the funding of the Nigerian Police and this beef with Commissioner of Police CP Mbu, Rivers State has now started kidnapping again..

Jonathan... God and Rivers State people are watching you & Wike..
Are you tired of 'fresh air'..shebi u say na til 2019?you never see anything..''Gej is our son''..hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by CharlesPhc: 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
All Glory must go to God for His Mercies and the rescue of the Bishop. The NPF should be commended for their effort cos if they flew their helicopter for that number of times around the area where the Bishop was kept, it showed they were closing in on the kidnappers and the kidnappers knew they would have no more hidding place no matter how smart they were. It's now the turn of the Bishop to secretly assist the Police in tracing the location where he was kept so the kidnappers can be apprehended.

1 Like

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by chimexokeke: 12:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
Guy read d story again, he comended d efforts of d police
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Demdem(m): 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2013
Charles, Phc:
All Glory must go to God for His Mercies and the rescue of the Bishop. The NPF should be commended for their effort cos if they flew their helicopter for that number of times around the area where the Bishop was kept, it showed they were closing in on the kidnappers and the kidnappers knew they would have no more hidding place no matter how smart they were. It's now the turn of the Bishop to secretly assist the Police in tracing the location where he was kept so the kidnappers can be apprehended.

How do u know its NPF helicopters? Did the Bishop categorically states that those helicopters are for NPF? Are u aware that multinational oil companies within the Niger Delta also use helicopters for logistical reasons?
Dont be deceived, Mbu did nothing. Already, The Bishop has asked the police to release those arrested that the police claim are connected with the kidnap. The Bishop claimed those arrested know nothing about his kidnap. He knows his kidnappers.

2 Likes

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by chimexokeke: 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
gokelicious: I can't believe that people can be this funny on nl, the bishop said helicopter was going round the area about 500 times doesn't mean that he was referring to the police helicopter(s), he was grateful for there effort bt must he tell a lie that he was rescued by the police to show how grateful he is, must everything be based on being anti-amaechi or pro-amaechi! The police lied, simple. Thank God for his life thou
u've said it all! Dudes 4 NL no even fit read! Mtcheww!!!

1 Like

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by CharlesPhc: 1:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
In an area where there's no airport, helicopter will fly over 500 times within 9 days? In a thick forest fast food and boli will be coming everyday? After walking for several km, a place where one can take okada? @Demdem, am aware there are oil companies in the Ogoni area of Rivers but am not aware they fly their helicopter over 500 times in a week and if they do then we are close to knowing the kidnappers' den. Until we know that, the helicopter could have either been that of the Police search and rescue team or that of the kidnappers themselves going on errands.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by size38: 1:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
This is how Mathew Mbu has been lying to the nation about what is happening in Rivers state.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
This Archbishop is just an ungrateful Arrow!!. so it was divine purpose when God allowed you to be kidnapped for more than 10 days, putting your congregation through pains and confusion so he could divinely call the Nigerian Police force to be divinely guided to your divine location for divine rescue.. smh lipsrsealed
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Okijajuju1(m): 1:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
nwekesimon68: shotup animal last year wen i was serving in river state do u know how many corpers that were kidnap and molested? Ewu.

Why did you feel you had to insult me?

So you quote my post and then start insulting me for no reason whatsoever. And its not like I even directed that post at you in person. And you must feel proud of yourself that you just insulted an unknown person on the internet. I don't have anything to do with your type.

Keep up the bad behaviour.

2 Likes

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Okijajuju1(m): 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
Charles, Phc:
In an area where there's no airport, helicopter will fly over 500 times within 9 days? In a thick forest fast food and boli will be coming everyday? After walking for several km, a place where one can take okada? @Demdem, am aware there are oil companies in the Ogoni area of Rivers but am not aware they fly their helicopter over 500 times in a week and if they do then we are close to knowing the kidnappers' den. Until we know that, the helicopter could have either been that of the Police search and rescue team or that of the kidnappers themselves going on errands.

Has the thought that where they took him to was probably near an airport or Airforce base in Port-Harcourt? That maybe that's why he kept hearing it go past ever so often? That maybe the perps were getting him fast food from afar?

Anyways, I know this ArchBishop very well and have very detailed firsthand account of how they were kidnapped and how he came out.. NO RANSOM WAS PAID COS NO RANSOM WAS DEMANDED. When they were kidnapped, the police didn't give chase as reported in the papers, but rather only heard about his kidnap when his driver who was left by the roadside reported the incident. The foolish driver even reported it as a Car Snatching and not a kidnapping. So before the Police could react, The Dean and his wife were long gone. The wife was later released because the Dean asked them to let her go for negotiation purposes take just him.

The police lied.. And that's why they apologized and haven't responded to his comments.

2 Likes

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by amarilo: 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
Okija_juju: NOTE: Ever since Amaechi hands off the funding of the Nigerian Police and this beef with Commissioner of Police CP Mbu, Rivers State has now started kidnapping again..

Jonathan... God and Rivers State people are watching you & Wike..
but tomorrow you will type Jonathan till 2019. Who is fooling who my people?
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Omen100(m): 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2013
Charles, Phc:

[b]You are a product of the failed Nigerian Educational system, how can you just jump into a conclusion that the helicopters that flew through the Sky belongs to the Nigerian Police? what do you even know about the mercantile activities of Port-Harcourt city? For the Bishop to have said that helicopters flew through the location were he was heard 500times within 9days is understatement, even the President and his entourage flew helicopters to Otueke anytime he choose to visit his state, the Beyelsa state government officials & oil workers flew helicopters day in day out, "Yenogoa en-route Port-Harcourt and less I forget, it was also reported last year that the Navy helicopter that crashed in Beyelsa state which killed the late Kaduna state governor & the late former National security adviser was on its 12th trips from Beyelsa state(wherever the venue of the late father of special assistant to the President was) reroute Rivers State(Port Harcourt) within 24hours. And now let’s engage ourselves in a lil mathematics, if a chopper can plea a route for 12times in between 24hours which is also a day, how many helicopters will it take to take to fly through that location 492times between 9day, just about 41helicopters trips and note that the Navy helicopter I used was a private helicopter not those commercial helicopters that are overworked due to maximization of profits.[/b]
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Okijajuju1(m): 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
amarilo: but tomorrow you will type Jonathan till 2019. Who is fooling who my people?

I am a loyal Jonathan supporter... (For many Reasons..) and I strongly support the Fresh Breeze 2015 Campaign..

However, in this Amaechi|Jonathan stand off, I stand by my Governor..

Basically..
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Demdem(m): 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
Charles, Phc:

The number of times they fly depend on their operations which may vary. By the way, has the police claimed it was theirs? The truth is Mbu and his men has nothing to do with his release. The best person to know this is the bishop himself, and he has spoken out.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by jhidey08(m): 3:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
deinma afie: smh. God help you
Of course No1 else would, he is d only one who can do dat. Bt d man shldn't av cum out 2 say anything, who knws whether those guys released him cos of d pressures dey received 4rm d Police. He shld jst b thankful 2 God.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by demmix(m): 4:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
jhidey08:
Of course No1 else would, he is d only one who can do dat. Bt d man shldn't av cum out 2 say anything, who knws whether those guys released him cos of d pressures dey received 4rm d Police. He shld jst b thankful 2 God.

voltron: This Archbishop is just an ungrateful Arrow!!. so it was divine purpose when God allowed you to be kidnapped for more than 10 days, putting your congregation through pains and confusion so he could divinely call the Nigerian Police force to be divinely guided to your divine location for divine rescue.. smh lipsrsealed

I believe you all need to read the story published when he was released.

AFTER spending about nine days in the kidnappers den, the Archbishop of the Ecclesiastical Province of the Niger Delta, (Anglican Communion), Most Reverend Ignatius Kattey, was finally released by his captors on Saturday.

Sources said Archbishop Kattey walked home alone after he regained his freedom from the unknown gunmen who abducted him last week Friday.

It was gathered that the cleric, who is also the Dean, Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, was in good health condition when he reunited with members of his family.

The Rivers State Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Angela Agabe, who confirmed that Kattey had regained his freedom, told SUNDAY PUNCH that the cleric was rescued by the police and other security forces.

“He (Archbishop Kattey) was rescued around 7:30pm today (Saturday). The police and other security forces have been on it for some time now, but this night, the police eventually rescued him,” Agabe said.

Kattey and his wife, Beatrice, were on the night of Friday September 6, at Aleto in Eleme Local Government Area of Rivers State on his way to Port Harcourt at about 10:30pm.

While his wife was later abandoned, Kattey, second in hierarchy to the Primate of the Anglican Church Nigeria, was taken to an unknown destination.

In response, President Goodluck Jonathan had promised that the Federal Government would do everything possible to ensure his release.

source: http://www.punchng.com/news/kidnappers-release-anglican-bishop/

This story begs the question... If the Police rescued him, how come he had to walk home alone? The police didnt just claim to have made efforts, they claimed to have RESCUED him. The Bishop cannot be blamed if he is furious with the NPF over their claims.

2 Likes

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by gratiaeo(m): 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
oko-oloyun:
For him to saw helicopter that flew over d area more than 500 times that tells him that the police were untop of the situation. He better thank God that he got back home sound and healthy.
You murdered English here
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by gratiaeo(m): 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
gokelicious: I can't believe that people can be this funny on nl, the bishop said helicopter was going round the area about 500 times doesn't mean that he was referring to the police helicopter(s), he was grateful for there effort bt must he tell a lie that he was rescued by the police to show how grateful he is, must everything be based on being anti-amaechi or pro-amaechi! The police lied, simple. Thank God for his life thou
The man of GOD is not telling the whole truth...
How come he don't know if ransom was paid before his release? As if he did not ask his family or parishioners
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by gratiaeo(m): 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by darelar(m): 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
Must someone or group of people take credit for what they didn't work for? That is the case of the police. I just thank God for his release cos he is a good man to me and people arround him.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Amkyzee(f): 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
Shut ua kissers!!!
yanshless: I'M REALLY BEGINNING TO SUSPECT THIS BISHOP.
EVERYTHING ABOUT HIS OWN KIDNAP AND RELEASE SSOUNDS SO FISHY.
WHY HIS OWN DIFFERENT?
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Amkyzee(f): 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
Paqan!!!! u no de qo chch?
[quote
author=voltron]This Archbishop is just an ungrateful Arrow!!. so it was
divine purpose when God allowed you to be kidnapped for more than 10
days, putting your congregation through pains and confusion so he could
divinely call the Nigerian Police force to be divinely guided to your
divine location for divine rescue.. smh lipsrsealed[/quote]
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Nobody: 1:23am On Sep 21, 2013
gratiaeo:
The man of GOD is not telling the whole truth...
How come he don't know if ransom was paid before his release? As if he did not ask his family or parishioners
i don't know if he is honest about the ransom issue. however, it will be very wrong for me to jump into conclusion either. The only thing that is sure now is that the police lied about the issue. Let us focus on the fact we have for now.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Nobody: 1:52am On Sep 21, 2013
oko-oloyun:
For him to saw helicopter that flew over d area more than 500 times that tells him that the police were untop of the situation. He better thank God that he got back home sound and healthy.
You got me there. grin
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Alexgeneration(m): 7:13am On Sep 21, 2013
jhidey08: Luk @ dis Man of God o. D fact dat he didn't see any policeman doesn't mean dey didn't make any effort 2 save his lyf. He is an ingrate as far as i'm concerned.
read the story again. Olodo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“FG Requires N2trn To Complete Ongoing Road Projects –fashola / Crisis Rocks Jigawa APC Reps Primaries (Photos) / Senate May Spend N5.5b On Official Cars For Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.