Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,613 members, 7,917,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:24 PM

Tecno P5 Discussion Thread - Phones (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (440933 Views)

Tecno P5+ Discussion / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kellyx2101: 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
wisdomray:
do you have cwm installed in the phone

use d off button and volume down button together to flash Ur phone make sure u press it togeda
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kellyx2101: 3:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
BabaKc: Oga abeg give me a link to working Ram expander, all the ones i'd downloaded so far requires licence verification.
download simple root swap and u c d miracle I promise u will 4reva love Ur phone like Wt apin........add me on bbm@7c007b68
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kellyx2101: 3:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
Dessydanointed: Help oooo!!!

most of ma apps dey "stop" it ll show "quick office has stopped" this has stopped, that has stopped and some of d apps don't work thereafter. my Bible app did same thing and now its telling me d app isn't installed. I don tire oo. what could b d problem n possible solution
expand Ur ROM.........or u will loss more of Ur apps if care is not taken Ur phone will crash
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by epelumi42(m): 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
Qunlexus4u:
U have just 3 options
1) If u can get someone who can upload the stock rom for u with the scatter file which I think nobody will do but if u are lucky to get that u will have to get sp flash tool and flash the rom or get a working p5 back up the rom and flash it.
2) take it to calcare, u may be charged
3) dump the phone.
You have always be warned to back up your rom if ur phone is rooted and u have been warm to port cwmr on ur phone.
Thanks. sp flash tool? I ll check dat. Afta gettin sum1s rom backup, hw do i use it to flash my phone?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by epelumi42(m): 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
oludoyin99: Takie drop your number make i call u
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Inileo(f): 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
Please my phone isnt browsing
and playstore isnt openin..wah can i do
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
kellyx2101:
expand Ur ROM.........or u will loss more of Ur apps if care is not taken Ur phone will crash
how do I do so? pls enlighten me sad
kellyx2101:
how do I do so? pls enlighten me
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Mckandre(m): 12:29am On Jan 10, 2014
epelumi42: of cos, a soft bricking. Been online since yestady searchng for solutions. Pls stop laughing.
see bro, the only last thing you can do for yourself is to look for a friend with normal system recovery backup file like this userdata_20131202_223017.backup. place the file on your sd root,off your phone and enter system recovery by holding power and volume down. enter restore,search for the file on your sd. wait till it finishes then reboot. Always use stock system recovery to backup if you don't have cwm... hope this helps
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Mckandre(m): 12:30am On Jan 10, 2014
Olamyyde:
on which device? If it is a tecno p5, I pity your device sir.
no, p2
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Jebeb(m): 4:09am On Jan 10, 2014
I bricked my tecno p5 can someone give help me upload their cwm backup. I already have cwm. pls or send me a link to download the backup. tnx in advance
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by charleya: 4:11am On Jan 10, 2014
get ur android hd games and psp games in ekpoma .we also root
and install cwm contact us @ charleymohitjams@gmail.com
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Jebeb(m): 4:23am On Jan 10, 2014
demsid: pls house my p5 is not rooted and I just bought a new 16gig mem card ,by changing d mem card most applications that are on d fone disappeared cos its on d 8gig mem card . how will I transfer them to d 16gig mem card .and I need to root d phone ,n I don't understand CWM. is it an application I can download ? someone she plss add me up on bbm 7415A337.
DAT 16 gig memory card is fake. you can't see original 16gig except u go to shoprite
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Qunlexus4u(m): 6:21am On Jan 10, 2014
Jebeb: I bricked my tecno p5 can someone give help me upload their cwm backup. I already have cwm. pls or send me a link to download the backup. tnx in advance

And do u think anybody will upload a file of about 1gb and even if compressed, u think people will upload the file. You said u have cwm already then restore ur phone na
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Jebeb(m): 6:42am On Jan 10, 2014
Guys... I'm talking to gurus. if u don't understand what I'm about teach u guys, add me on whatsapp in advance. 08099787905... OK. there Is something that I found out with tecno phones. If u started using tecno from n3 and p3 u will understand what I'm about to say. if u have noticed there are some system apps that are on p3 that are not on l3 and some on p5 that are not on p3 or M3 eg memo, notes, etc. and some have the same apps but have different styles eg music gallery file manager video player etc. if u had noticed this and u ever tried sending and installing u will notice that it will say app not installed. OK I have found a way to install them if u use a device that doesn't have the app that anoda phone has eg normally tecno p3 has notes app but l3 doesn't and. u want to install dose system apps there are ways to go about it.
*Things u will need possibly a PC in sendind large d backup folders if u don't have PC use 7zip to zip folders and send tru flashshare.
*nandroid (download from playstore)
*root access / superuser on the 2 devices
* Clockworkmod recovery on the two devices
*up to like one gig space on ur memory card or less( for the backup folders u can delete wen true)
*ROM tool box lite(download from playstore)...

have all these things installed on the devices and u are ready to go. in the steps I'll be working on l3 and p3
STEP ONE : OK first of all u will need to backup your apps contacts data and phone DAT with ROM tool box lite. after that is done. boot into cwm recovery mode and also backup ur phone in caSE anything happens. backup up on both devices . if u have cwm backup already no need to backup again

STEP2: copy the backup from p3 memory card to l3 memory card u can see something like 130822-125557(the numbers vary) backup in clockworkmod/backup that folder then send it to clockworkmod/backup then paste in l3
use a pc to send the folders if you want to be fast but u can zip the folder with 7zipperand send through flashshare. after that is done
STEP3: GO NAnndroid manager, if you copied the backup folders to clockworkmod/backup u should see the the backups already there that is the one of your phone and the back up of the other phone. click on the backup of the other fone go to restore data.
click on restore apps+data. something will pop up then click on both system and user apps+data.... allow it to read.. choose the app you want to restore and choose on restore app+data or restore only app.... then reboot.. some of the apps might not work like torch light. but im still going around and testing. but i think the ones that need the odex files might not work im still not sure.but this thing is 99% sure that your device wont brick but backup ur data again before trying
note some of the apps that you want to restore might alrady have been installed or might be the higher version. if u need any help add me on whatsapp 08099787905 or bbm 7b72195c... this thing is still under testings ill give you guys feed back later on. gurus and experts you can also try and if you get anything pls let me know i took a risk and it worked so pls. give me feedback thank you guys in advance
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Jebeb(m): 6:44am On Jan 10, 2014
Qunlexus4u:
And do u think anybody will upload a file of about 1gb and even if compressed, u think people will upload the file. You said u have cwm already then restore ur phone na
guys pls. I deleted d backup b4
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Jebeb(m): 6:44am On Jan 10, 2014
Qunlexus4u:
guys pls. I deleted d backup b4. do u live in Lagos
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Jebeb(m): 6:45am On Jan 10, 2014
Qunlexus4u:
guys pls. I deleted d backup b4 by mistake. I just need the system app backup
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Neduzze5(m): 8:20am On Jan 10, 2014
If you bricked your phone, when asking for help, please add your Location and number so that gurus staying around your area can offer you help.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by yehmy(m): 8:43am On Jan 10, 2014
Neduzze5: If you bricked your phone, when asking for help, please add your Location and number so that gurus staying around your area can offer you help. By the way, I stay in Rivers State but currently in Abia State.

If you need any help, add me on Whatsapp - 08138161329 or call me.

u just run kmt 4 group i go unport u soon
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Neduzze5(m): 9:06am On Jan 10, 2014
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
Pls, i need help....my p5 battery drains fast.....any solution??
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Inileo(f): 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
$noopy:
Pls, i need help....my p5 battery drains fast.....any solution??
me too..also wah ba3 saver app can i use wld it work on unrooted phones
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Palmtrick(m): 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
Plz, does glo bis work on android phones, if yes wat is d code.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Neduzze5(m): 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
Inileo: me too..also wah ba3 saver app can i use wld it work on unrooted phones

You can't be using P5 and expect long battery life without taking some measures.

1. Reduce your brightness to the barest minimum. As far as your phone's brightness is very high, your battery will keep running down so first things first, reduce your brightness.
2. Close all apps when you're through with them. If you finish with any app, do not hibernate it. Close the app. this can be achieved by closing it from the app itself or holding down the home key button and sliding the app to the right or left.
Also, you can do a total clean up of open apps before putting your phone into your pocket.
3. Switch off your Bluetooth and WiFi. You may not know it but these two are silent suckers of battery. Switch them off when not in use.
4. Put off your data connection when not in use. I don't need to tell you but lemme sound it out for android newbies. Switch off your data connection when not in use especially if you're on 3G or 3G+.

Remember that the battery is 1800mah so don't expect an all lasting battery especially with the kind if tasks it runs. If anyone has anything to add, please do. Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Inileo(f): 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
Neduzze5:

You can't be using P5 and expect long battery life without taking some measures.

1. Reduce your brightness to the barest minimum. As far as your phone's brightness is very high, your battery will keep running down so first things first, reduce your brightness.
2. Close all apps when you're through with them. If you finish with any app, do not hibernate it. Close the app. this can be achieved by closing it from the app itself or holding down the home key button and sliding the app to the right or left.
Also, you can do a total clean up of open apps before putting your phone into your pocket.
3. Switch off your Bluetooth and WiFi. You may not know it but these two are silent suckers of battery. Switch them off when not in use.
4. Put off your data connection when not in use. I don't need to tell you but lemme sound it out for android newbies. Switch off your data connection when not in use especially if you're on 3G or 3G+.

Remember that the battery is 1800mah so don't expect an all lasting battery especially with the kind if tasks it runs. If anyone has anything to add, please do. Thanks and God bless.
tanks a lot buh wah ba3 saver app do u tink i can use..my fone isnt rooted nd i dnt wnt to root it
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by TIMIJAT: 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2014
please is the AIRTEL bis monthly still working on android
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
TIMIJAT: please is the AIRTEL bis monthly still working on android
yup
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by ephy6774(m): 9:56pm On Jan 10, 2014
where can l download flashshare l mistakely deleted the one dat came with it.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by epelumi42(m): 11:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mckandre: see bro, the only last thing you can do for yourself is to look for a friend with normal system recovery backup file like this userdata_20131202_223017.backup. place the file on your sd root,off your phone and enter system recovery by holding power and volume down. enter restore,search for the file on your sd. wait till it finishes then reboot. Always use stock system recovery to backup if you don't have cwm... hope this helps
thanks. Gettn a p5 user seems to b a pin in hay stack.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by yehmy(m): 12:27am On Jan 11, 2014
Jebeb: Guys... I'm talking to gurus. if u don't understand what I'm about teach u guys, add me on whatsapp in advance. 08099787905... OK. there Is something that I found out with tecno phones. If u started using tecno from n3 and p3 u will understand what I'm about to say. if u have noticed there are some system apps that are on p3 that are not on l3 and some on p5 that are not on p3 or M3 eg memo, notes, etc. and some have the same apps but have different styles eg music gallery file manager video player etc. if u had noticed this and u ever tried sending and installing u will notice that it will say app not installed. OK I have found a way to install them if u use a device that doesn't have the app that anoda phone has eg normally tecno p3 has notes app but l3 doesn't and. u want to install dose system apps there are ways to go about it.
*Things u will need possibly a PC in sendind large d backup folders if u don't have PC use 7zip to zip folders and send tru flashshare.
*nandroid (download from playstore)
*root access / superuser on the 2 devices
* Clockworkmod recovery on the two devices
*up to like one gig space on ur memory card or less( for the backup folders u can delete wen true)
*ROM tool box lite(download from playstore)...

have all these things installed on the devices and u are ready to go. in the steps I'll be working on l3 and p3
STEP ONE : OK first of all u will need to backup your apps contacts data and phone DAT with ROM tool box lite. after that is done. boot into cwm recovery mode and also backup ur phone in caSE anything happens. backup up on both devices . if u have cwm backup already no need to backup again

STEP2: copy the backup from p3 memory card to l3 memory card u can see something like 130822-125557(the numbers vary) backup in clockworkmod/backup that folder then send it to clockworkmod/backup then paste in l3
use a pc to send the folders if you want to be fast but u can zip the folder with 7zipperand send through flashshare. after that is done
STEP3: GO NAnndroid manager, if you copied the backup folders to clockworkmod/backup u should see the the backups already there that is the one of your phone and the back up of the other phone. click on the backup of the other fone go to restore data.
click on restore apps+data. something will pop up then click on both system and user apps+data.... allow it to read.. choose the app you want to restore and choose on restore app+data or restore only app.... then reboot.. some of the apps might not work like torch light. but im still going around and testing. but i think the ones that need the odex files might not work im still not sure.but this thing is 99% sure that your device wont brick but backup ur data again before trying
note some of the apps that you want to restore might alrady have been installed or might be the higher version. if u need any help add me on whatsapp 08099787905 or bbm 7b72195c... this thing is still under testings ill give you guys feed back later on. gurus and experts you can also try and if you get anything pls let me know i took a risk and it worked so pls. give me feedback thank you guys in advance

why waste ur time on dis long story

EASIEST WAY TO DO IT, ROOT UR PHONE, DOWLOAD ROOT EXPLORER, COPY THAT PARTICULAR SYSTEM APP TO YOUR MEMORY CARD THEN OPEN ROOT EXPLORER, GOTO system/app Open and paste dt particular app u copy 2 ur sdcard earlier inside /system/app den long press d app to set permission to rw~r~r REBOOT UR FONE DEN ENJOY.

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (186) (Reply)

GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] / How To Write Colored Text On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.