Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,591 members, 7,944,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:33 AM

Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? (18250 Views)

Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives / My Brother Is Obsessed With Football. What Can We Do? / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Mannylex(m): 5:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
Not all men are obsessed with that fact, but this thought always arise the most when they are heart broken, or the love of their life is giving them tough time, they use it to console themselves. Aside from that, most men are more insecure than the women, they have the notion that since a woman talks to 10 men in one day, she can date 8 of them, but as a man, you have to do serious search, and wait for a reply in 3 weeks-2months.

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Kelvin4224: 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
dayokanu: I tend to agree that there are more eligible women than men. Maybe this is where the assertion comes from

e.g if 10 boys and 10 girls were born

--------------------------------------------------------
On the men side

1 might have died in hustle e.g trekking to Europe, car racing, Peddling drugs, Oil bunkering and other high risk stuff men engage in

1 might have died in war or street violence

1 might be in jail.

1 might be GAYY

1 might think he needs to acquire the whole world before he marries since he doesnt have a biological clock

1 might just be an eternal playboy who think he is Gods gift to ALL women

1 might just be a bum who wouldnt work or get an education and just laze around which many women dont find attractive

Leaving the pool of eligible men with just 3 guys
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the female side

-Women dont die as much because they naturally avoid high risk ventures.
-Dont go to war and dont do gangsterism,
-They dont go to jail as much,
-The notion of the biological clock puts a time pressure on them
-The society frowns at "Playgirls" as against playboys
-Most cultures dont expect much economic power from the woman so even a woman without 1 Naira sees herself as eligible unlike a man who might not be economically eligible even with 5million in his account

Therefore we might still have 7-8 eligible women

So ratio 3:7
he has said it all. . . THREAD CLOSED!!
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by thehunted(m): 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
GEG
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by fasho01(m): 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
Indeed there are plenty fishes in the river but when I look, all I see is just one fish. When one is committed, he doesn't get carried away by that mentalty.

As for me its my beautiful fish I see ONLY wink
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nigerian women,It's time to face the truth.

There are plenty of fish in the ocean. All a man needs to do is to throw a baitless hook into the ocean and 10 different types of fishes would be holding on desperately to the hook.

Gone are the 90s when men would be dying on top of one girl with expired kpekus. That era is dead and buried.

These days, desperation, uncertainty and poverty have made girls want to hold on fast to any man that they will be opportuned to catch.

No girl wants to bear her father's name after age 25. grin

So yes, fishes plenty for inside ocean. That is the way it is. Accept it and stop deceiving yourselves.

5 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
Dis topic na oku oru na'ala discusion.
Gbam

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Vivax511: 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
Daresh:

I hate to burst your bubble but your statistic is wrong. There more more men than women in the world. However women are more attractive and are less incarcerated, away at war or at sea than men. That is why you tend to see more women than men. But statistically, more men than women.
. Hmmm, state ur statistics.
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sure ladies are cheap

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2013
dayokanu: I tend to agree that there are more eligible women than men. Maybe this is where the assertion comes from

On the men side

1 might have died in hustle e.g trekking to Europe, car racing, Peddling drugs, Oil bunkering and other high risk stuff men engage in

1 might be in jail.

1 might be GAYY

1 might think he needs to acquire the whole world before he marries since he doesnt have a biological clock

1 might just be a bum who wouldnt work or get an education and just laze around which many women dont find attractive

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the female side

-Most cultures dont expect much economic power from the woman so even a woman without 1 Naira sees herself as eligible unlike a man who might not be economically eligible even with 5million in his account

Your analysis is laughable but intelligent.
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by femooshad(m): 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2013

On the men side

1 might be in jail.

1 might be GAYY

On the female side

what if the 10 girls are prostitutes. .. #justsaying

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
femooshad:

what if the 10 girls are prostitutes. .. #justsaying

So you think say ashawo sef no wan hook correct guy?

Sidon look naw. grin

Go and look at most ashawos that eventually got married. They usually marry the best man.
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by paranorman(m): 5:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
The notion comes from experience.. Every player was once a keeper.. Once when a boy had his heart broken by the love of his life, tis very hard for him to b commited to another relationship. Hence, most of dem see girls as a play tin, most girls get heart broken in the process by a guy (who has had his heart broken by the love of his life) with whom she's genuinly in love with. d heart-broken girl never wants her heart broken again, so she messes up the heart of some innocent dude.. The process continues.....
Practically. I think there are more women than men.. Think of ten families you know.. Check the number of children they have and d sexes of such children.. Broaden the sample size and think as many families you can think remember.. You'd c that there are more babes than dudes..

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Rejoice5000(f): 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
Not all men, some men are still reserved.when it comes to women issues.like plenty out there while the one that are with them are on one cloth year in year out.some will have one and take care of that one very well.
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by nairaman66(m): 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
El Guapo: I doubt if i've ever used that stale line ''Many fishes in the Ocean''.

We've all got our view with regard to choosing a partner and i tell you many of us are of the opinion that the 'ocean' has ran short of edible fishes.

A good fish doesnt last long in the ocean, they're edible and are prime candidate for consumption, so they're hunted eachday and taken to diverse homes.

As it stands, there are few 'edible' fishes in the ocean, those tides are now filled with Sharks [Runs gals] and Stonefishes [Unambitious gals] cheesy

Very constructive and creatively written! So on point!

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by traffickz(m): 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
Blame the babes!

If you give out your password U seem naked for the world.

Men are always into Taste and See Jamboree so any F* Ups makes them seek other waiting babes.

Thank God who made me a male.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by claremont(m): 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
It is true that there are many fishes in the sea, but the real question is how many of these fishes are actually edible?! Most of the so-called fishes in the sea are the leftovers from many a harvest, they are not worth wasting time deploying a hook. My candid view though is to deploy a net rather than a hook, when we have caught a large number of fishes, we can sit down and select an edible one out of the lot.

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by xynerise: 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Many fishes in the ocean but some are canivorous.
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by badmeat(m): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
grin,women oh boy!
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by sethxy: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
[quote
author=Maximus85]As for me, there's only one fish in the ocean and I
have her, I will never let her go. If I lose her, (God forbid) then the
ocean will be empty.

Some men are just crazy. [/quote]

really funny.
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
Wow that site(plenty of fish) fetched me some white chicks and damn does it feel good foccking a white girl up d a$$

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
A picture is worth a thousand words grin

3 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
money121: WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?
Most men have this notion that there are tons of women aroundthey could access so cheap. And yes, it definitely affects guy's commitment levels and their propensity to commit with one woman.
The other thing worth pointing out here is that while men seem pre- occupied with the idea that there are plenty of fish in the sea ? women do this too, plenty of guys in the world. Most times you don’t see a lot of women doing it or at least promoting it because they’re a smaller subset of their gender than the amount of men who do it.
Women typically put off a significant commitment

http://www./2013/09/are-men-obsessed-with-idea-there-are.html#more
TRUTH IS THERE IS SO MUCH FISH IN THE SEA
ONLY A FOOL WILL NOT C THAT
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by fuckluv(f): 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
thorpido: Yes there's a lot of fish in the sea and a lot of men want to fool around because of that.

Some in the process have ended up with an Octopus or mammywater.
grin Y na? Se mammy water no go enjoy ni angry angry angry
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
pDude: Nigerian women,It's time to face the truth.

There are plenty of fish in the ocean. All a man needs to do is to throw a baitless hook into the ocean and 10 different types of fishes would be holding on desperately to the hook.

Gone are the 90s when men would be dying on top of one girl with expired kpekus. That era is dead and buried.

These days, desperation, uncertainty and poverty have made girls want to hold on fast to any man that they will be opportuned to catch.

No girl wants to bear her father's name after age 25. grin

So yes, fishes plenty for inside ocean. That is the way it is. Accept it and stop deceiving yourselves.
GOD BLESS U SIR

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by vislabraye(m): 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
A man who's marketable can afford to say this. What a young man should do is to become successful. If you add that success to a little good game, you'll have plenty of options.
Yes there are many fishes in the ocean but that doesn't mean you should have them all. Some women who don't appreciate their spouses need to hear this truth.
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by deols(f): 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
but not all fish are the same. Some are smelly, rotten, diseased. A few are golden.

For the golden, there is No cause for alarm

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by handebayor: 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2013

On the men side

1 might be in jail.

1 might be GAYY

On the female side

Wow! Like seriously is this the same dayokanu?? Hopefully we expect more of this from you.... @post i think dayokanu has said it all

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by spikesC(m): 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
Yes, there are.

It's just a matter of ethics to hold on to one, or go for as many as possible cool

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
smiley
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
gabriel212: Men come up with that mentality only wen u ar giving guys too much problem.
eg for more than 4 months d guy is yet to know if you accepted his advance or not. today you show green light, tomorow yellow light. unto what.
YAA si MAN U!

This is a trait in naija girls that I hate pass abacha. In this day and age, playing hard to get for 4months when you know you like the guy but you don't want to look easy. A little bit here and there is good but when it exceeds 2 WEEKS, you are on a LOOOONG thing.
When there are beta beta American girls that will gree for me after like 3 dates, you expect me to be begging you for 4 months? Some girls deserve whatever comes to them. MOST PLAYERS WERE CREATED BY WOMEN. If a guy breaks your heart, BLAME THE MUDAFUKA (woman) that made him that way.

4 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by nickz(m): 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
LOL grin ..... There's always a PLANB
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by spikesC(m): 7:00pm On Sep 23, 2013

On the men side

1 might be in jail.

1 might be GAYY

On the female side

Pardon me but i don't share the same opinion as you do. Your theory is quite logical but still a fallacy. If faced with a little opposition, it will definitely fail.

Women hustle these days more than before. If we follow ur theory, it will be proved that as men die frequently out of hustling, we'll have more widows (and even single women) who have to hustle to make ends meet.

Women go to wars, and yes, they die. They roam jails, there should be approximately more lesbians than gay men (out of experience).

Women do wait for rich men to come, and most men these days look for educated women.

The only undeniable fact in this argument is that our society and nature has made women more ready to get married than men which in turn has made women vulnerable as they would do any thing to tie a man down.

Therefore, the notion that there are so many fishes in the ocean still remain TRUE cool

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Welcomes Set Of Triplets After 19 Years Of Childlessness. Photos / Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? / How Do You Handle Household Chores?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.