Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,674 members, 7,882,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:25 PM

ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes (27267 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike May End Soon AS Sambo Intervenes, Strikes New Deal / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by okeugbochinenye: 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
ok oo am praying seriously for d strike to b calld off really our students hav stayed dey need to go back to school
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by solomon111(m): 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
Symphony007: Is the president feeling too big to negociate with ASUU? It's amazing that all this while the president left negociations to ministers, now at this point, he is sending his VICE, it's crazy. Why can't the president negociate with his fellow lecturers? Does'nt he understand their pain? Can't he relate better to them? As president if you don't bring ur own personal experiences to the office, then why are you there?
How old are you?
What is the duty of the vice-president?
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Chomzy19(f): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
They better not call off any stryk until they hv Collected all d money wey dem suppose collect oo 87B allowances + 500B infrastructure, I hv sacrificed dis 3 months nd I'm willing to sacrifice more buh they shld nt come back n tell me they re calling off d stryk cos they hv reached an implementation agreement... IT better be ACTUALLY IMPLEMENTED OR ELSE...
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by otokx(m): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
We do not have any choice as usual but can only hope that things get better.
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by madnigerian: 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
Skillbobralph: I am personally forwarding a letter to the Fed Govt and ASUU becos we the students will soon go on strike for the delay. Until our demand are met, we won't attend classes. The demands listed are

1. As a final year student I was suppose to graduate this September but for the delay of ASUU things went opposite. I am charging them for damages.

Correction: As I final year student, I would have graduated in September of 2013. However, the ASUU strike has delayed my graduation. I (should sue them to court and claim) damages.

2. I programmed my house rent expiring date in school to fall in September so that once I graduate I park my load. But for the delay, my house rent has expired on the 14th of Sept. So they better add 90k to the money they want to collect from Fed Govt or they pay from the money they are expecting from Fed Govt.

Correction: I should be leaving my(student) residence by the end of September,but due to the strike, I may stay at my (student) residence longer than(I) expected. So it would be fair if ASUU gives me the sum of N90,000 from the money that would be allocated to the universities as a result of their agreement with the Government to enable me pay (my landlord/agent) any extra rent incurred.

3. My Project labouratory work has been tempered with thereby spending additional money to correct it. If not for the strike I would have completed it without delay.

Correction.: Due to the strike, the Practical aspect of my final year project(or theses) has been (seriously) disrupted.

For this, I am holding ASUU and Fed Govt ransom for these extra expenses they caused us.

Correction: I hold the Academic Staff Union of Universities and the Federal Government responsible for any personal financial losses incurred as a result of the former's strike action(and the latter's tardiness in dealing with the issues raised by the Union).
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Yahoo1(m): 1:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
kennethokey: dude which one be these one. U no do singular & plural 4 skul 2 knw say these na plural. For ur correction mr correcter use this one.
sh.it! mate if it comes to correction,then you need to correct yourself too! u no sabi punctuate?

nawao, ITK's full 4 NL.
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Krisddon: 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
Only this rumour gets ASUU angry, pls i want it stoped! We've been hearing this same "next week" which never comes ever since the third week ASUU embarked on strike.
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by AMACRITY(f): 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
just trying to remember my mat no. And course tittle. Nawao, to resume school immediately n write exams no easy. ASUU and FG need to pay for many damages to student
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Slizbeat(m): 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
If I were in school, I would have suggested "No resumption" until they settle we the students too but it will be too harsh a word for those already in school.

Well, lets watch how things unfolds...
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by lukasbaker(m): 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
:-Xjust passing by....ASUU don tire or na f.g don tire
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Yahoo1(m): 2:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
AMACRITY: just trying to remember my mat no. And course tittle. Nawao, to resume school immediately n write exams no easy. ASUU and FG need to pay for many damages to student
many damages?
seems like it's not only your matric number that you forgot.

Beta start reading o,e no go easy o.
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Flairritzy(m): 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
This should not only end up as a story, but should be brought 2 reality as a matter of urgency.
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by olekumaster1: 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
Skillbobralph: For this, I am holding ASUU and Fed Govt ransom for these extra expenses they caused us.
caused us, or caused YOU??
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Ezico4success: 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
[quote author=Dannymm]hmmmm jux wana go 2 scu ooo.......ASUU or no ASUU[don't worry my dear it will soon b over
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by YankeeJoe(m): 2:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tayerulz: . Nawa o bros, why u sef nor enta sch on tym. Well, i fit spare u sum bucks so u can shave ur beards.,LOL. We knw we r resuming next yr, so u pple shld not raise our hopes.

wat!! U and who go resume nxt yr? Guy, u bera take time o b4 i go slap dat ur lekpa spirit
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Ezico4success: 2:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
may we dey pray o
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by timwezzb(m): 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
My fellow Nairaland and Student plz don't panick ur self coz the "Calling Off" of the Strike is "Maybe" so jst ziro ur mind and go about ur Normal Activities!!!!
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by 2ndincommand(m): 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
Owk.. Let wait till then!
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by onyxo76(m): 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tayerulz: . Nawa o bros, why u sef nor enta sch on tym. Well, i fit spare u sum bucks so u can shave ur beards.,LOL. We knw we r resuming next yr, so u pple shld not raise our hopes.
this next year resumption looks likely with the way things are going. with all these pdp trouble ,2015 election ,impeachment threats etc do you really think gov get time for striking lecturers.
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by annexes: 2:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
lertee: I cannot believe this story until ASUU has called the strike off.
Let monday come before posting
see d effect of d strike on this young lady.
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Insight2013(m): 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abeg learn something during this strike like web design, ebook making etc. Send a message to indicate yr interest to- deleladun2013 at gmail.com.
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Royvic(m): 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
story, story, story............. dis is super story. assu is now more like a festival in nigeria. we celebrt it once evry year.
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
We have heard it many times before. If Oga Gej as the main man cannot solve ASUU wahala, na sambo go solve am now? Mtchewwww.

Fucck ASUU vs fg
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Sweetlemon(f): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
kennethokey: dude which one be these one. U no do singular & plural 4 skul 2 knw say these na plural. For ur correction mr correcter use this one.

Smh at people who hate taking correction. Please there is nothing like can't not.

oh! just went back to read the guy's correction. Laughing my as.s off. I now understand why you corrected him. The correcter is now the corrected. hehehehehe.

That is why it is good to always cross check your own grammar when correcting other people.
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by austertee01(m): 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
Wizee: babe which one is can't not ? Abi na ASUU cause these one again....
bros i beg leave the poor gurl jare... Na long home tinz
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Yahoo1(m): 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Smh at people who hate taking correction. Please there is nothing like can't not.
lol...but i 'sawing' it in the dictionary. *winks*
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2013

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Sweetlemon(f): 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
austertee01: bros i beg leave the poor gurl jare... Na long home tinz

Poor grammar is not caused by ASUU but by the general state of education in the country. A university fresher should already be able to speak and write in good English.

It's really sad. You really need to come and see the English people write and speak in some big companies. You will marvel at how they got their jobs! (thanks to the it-depends-on-who-you-know-before-you-can-get-a-decent-job-in-Nigeria syndrome)
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
Yahoo1: lol...but i 'sawing' it in the dictionary. *winks*
what are you meaning by 'I sawing?'
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by IYANGBALI: 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
yunglykmine: Ok oO.. Till then, we will keep praying.
abeg no pray o,I no wan go bak to school again,I hate books and exams. God punish the person wey introduce education to this country.
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Trusty247(f): 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
No jst reason dis year o.na nxt year thingz b dat o.
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by abbeyty(m): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
Nigeria is really toying with her future, education,education. 3 months of strike and still counting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus / The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal / Protest In AuchiPoly As Two Students Are Killed By Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.