Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,487 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:00 PM

‘presidency’ Plots To Remove Mark, Tambuwal – Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘presidency’ Plots To Remove Mark, Tambuwal – Pdp (449 Views)

Wike Plots To Join APC / Obasanjo Plots To Head Interim National Govt - Presidency / Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘presidency’ Plots To Remove Mark, Tambuwal – Pdp by HenryQuest(m): 7:17am On Sep 20, 2013
THE Peoples Demcratic Party (PDP) has raised an alarm over new Culled plot to impeach both the Senate President, Senator David Mark, and House Speaker, Honourable Aminu Tambuwal, in connection with the visit of the “Progressive Governors” and the National Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the National Assembly on Tuesday.
The PDP in a press release signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, called the move a sinister plot on the leadership of both Houses of the National Assembly.
The statement stated that the “plot by the hawks in the Presidency is politics taken too far and illustrates the extent to which they are prepared to go in their determination to plunge this country into chaos.
“We wish to warn those who are planning this coup to desist forthwith as such a misadventure is capable of plunging this nation into a crisis of monumental proportions.
“These undemocratic elements should stop overheating the polity just because of their selfish ambitions.

“Those who feel that politics is better practised by way of threats and the unseating of those who do not share their unprogressive thoughts should know that there is a limit to how far they can push us.

“Both President David Mark and Speaker Aminu Tambuwal have brought in a unique style of leadership which has resulted to the sanity, brotherhood, unity being witnessed in the National Assembly since they came on board and any negative attempt on them will be resisted considering that we now have the majority in the Assembly.”

The party, however, assured the leadership of the House of the safety of their seats, promising them that nobody can unseat them in the struggle to ensure peace and internal democracy reign in the party.

“We wish to advise the leadership of the National Assembly not to lose sleep over this evil plot as it is destined to fail. They did nothing wrong by warmly welcoming the Progressive Governors and the NWC of PDP to the National Assembly.

“The visit was well-intentioned and part of the nation-wide consultations being undertaken by our people in our efforts to correct the evils being perpetrated by the undemocratic leadership of Alhaji Bamanga Tukur and his cohorts.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the Progressive Governors have for the past three months been visiting past Heads of State and some other great minds in their search for a peaceful way out of the logjam in the PDP orchestrated by the failed Tukur leadership of the party.

Meanwhile, the Chairman, House of Representatives, committee on Media and Public Affairs, Honourable Zakari Mohammed on Thursday punctured the reports doing the round over the alleged moves  to impeach the Speaker of the House, Honourable Aminu Tambuwal saying that there was no time such was contemplated since there was no basis for that.

The House spokesperson however, claimed that such plot might be taking place outside the House, but certainly not within, stressing that impeachment of the Speaker would require the collective votes of the majority members of the House and not just a few members of a party.

According to him,  “When we resumed, there was a motion passing vote of confidence on the Speaker. I will reiterate it once again that the power to remove the Speaker lies with the majority of us, about 359 of us as the case may be.

“In this case, the Speaker is one individual that we have all placed on. So, I don’t think we have any issue with impeachment. There may be talks outside, but we in the House are not contemplating such. I want to put it on record that by the grace of God, we’ll finish with the Speaker.”

Honourable Mohammed also took time to clear air over allegations that money has started exchanging hands in a plot to remove the Speaker, saying, “On the issue of money flying, I cannot confirm or deny it. I’ve not seen any money. As far as I’m concerned, the House of Representatives, the leadership is not involved in that. What I can tell for free is that whatever happens is not in the purview of House of Representatives. If we’re to be given money for our oversight function or anything, we have our channel of reaching out.”

To this end, Honourable Mohammed said that the House would suspend plenary on Tuesday next week and proceed on one week oversight function to Ministries, Departments and Agencies of government to ascertain the level of implementation of the 2013 Budget, saying, “we are suspending plenary next week Tuesday for oversights in MDAs while Committees will continue.”

http://naijalog.com/presidency-plots-to-remove-mark-tambuwal-pdp/

(1) (Reply)

Impounding 2,708 Motorcycles In Eight Months, Part Of My Achievement – FCT Minis / 2015: INEC Won’t Provide Security For Observers, Says Jega / God says Nigeria’s Centenary Celebration Plan Is 419 By Musiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.