Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,891 members, 7,933,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:28 AM

Is Nigeria Still A Sane Society? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Nigeria Still A Sane Society? (581 Views)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. / Some Superstitious Beliefs In A Typical Nigerian Traditional Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Still A Sane Society? by rockbase360: 7:49am On Sep 20, 2013
Okay this is a story I just had to share with Nairalanders. I sent one of my uncle's a brand new Q10 BLACKBERRY through a friend of mine that visited Nigeria in the summer. He only spent 2 days in Lagos, so he left the phone for his older brother to "hold" pending "pick-up" by my uncle. I called my uncle 2 weeks ago and he told me "something" am still yet to "digest" or even "decipher". The so-called "older brother" told my uncle that he activated the phone and is now using it and that he feels like my uncle is too old to use the phone( I am sure you re-read that last sentence again). I called my friend and told him what my uncle told me. Like me, he couldn't believe it. I called this older brother and he told me the same thing, only this time, offering to buy my uncle a Samsung phone."At least the old man can understand how to take use dat one, I even use 10k ACTIVATE this phone self ".....he said.

It's official.....THERE IS NO HOPE FOR NIGERIA!!!!!! There are many stories like these that I can share with y'all. The Nigerian way of thinking is just................................. (complete it am yourself)...am out!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Still A Sane Society? by TCUBE(m): 8:02am On Sep 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin sharp guy flex muscle for your phone.....

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Still A Sane Society? by MP007(m): 8:12am On Sep 20, 2013
rockbase360: Okay this is a story I just had to share with Nairalanders. I sent one of my uncle's a brand new Q10 BLACKBERRY through a friend of mine that visited Nigeria in the summer. He only spent 2 days in Lagos, so he left the phone for his older brother to "hold" pending "pick-up" by my uncle. I called my uncle 2 weeks ago and he told me "something" am still yet to "digest" or even "decipher". The so-called "older brother" told my uncle that he activated the phone and is now using it and that he feels like my uncle is too old to use the phone( I am sure you re-read that last sentence again). I called my friend and told him what my uncle told me. Like me, he couldn't believe it. I called this older brother and he told me the same thing, only this time, offering to buy my uncle a Samsung phone."At least the old man can understand how to take use dat one, I even use 10k ACTIVATE this phone self ".....he said.

It's official.....THERE IS NO HOPE FOR NIGERIA!!!!!! There are many stories like these that I can share with y'all. The Nigerian way of thinking is just................................. (complete it am yourself)...am out!

Something similar happened to me. It was a laptop I sent to my mother.

(1) (Reply)

Hairstyle / The New Law Empowering Afro Uruguayans Should Be Beefed Up / Facts About Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.