Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,790 members, 7,875,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (37873 Views)

Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) / Is Archangel Michael Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 11:34am On Sep 27, 2013
philfearon:
Is this John 1:1?
A person who harbours the spirit of God will not be uttering the things u utter....
I asked you a simple thing,QUOTE JOHN 1:1? And u started insulting me.....Make people dey watch o
and i repeat, u dont know wat insult is. U want sweet words. U talk harshly, yet u want sweet words.

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 11:36am On Sep 27, 2013
MEILYN: na madness u dey show us, no wonder u couldnt understand simple things stated in the Bible. Even Muslims can comprehend dis things. U hide the truth from the Bible. U keep preaching lies and heresies... Zombie eeehh Zombie eeeehh {in wizkid's voice}
Thank you...But then,QUOTE JOHN 1:1....
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by rezzy: 1:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
obadiah777: Jesus is God. however they are two entities. hope that makes sense. the holy spirit does not differ. any man that has only 100 percent holy spirit ( if humanly possible ) will also be = God = Christ.

Im okay with that. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
JMAN05:

please tell me how that archangel's voice cannot be Jesus. when u say IN, do you mean that Jesus was transported on top of an arhangel's voice or what? please address very well or I will repeat it.
This is what i mean:
According to Dictionary.com,"with" means ACCOMPANIED BY,and it is a preposition..A preposition is a word which shows the relationship between a noun/pronoun to other words in the sentence...
In this sense,"The Lord himself will descend from heaven,accompanied by{with} the voice of the angel,accompanied by{with} the Trumpet of God"...
So,1Thessalonians4:16,is simply saying what will accompany the Lord as he descends from heaven on the last day,and nothing more...
You have to read this passage with upto 3-4 translations with an open mind,and u will trully undastand what is being said there...
JMANO5:
2. John knows his master Jesus, He didnt call him Jesus 'cos he was acting as archangel in that discription or acting in that office during that war. if we follow your reasoning, why then didnt he call him Jesus at rev. 19? rather he was describing him?
I dont know what Bible you read or reading,but all the bible i checked with specifically mentioned the name of Jesus in Revelation19:10
JMANO5:
3. I want to agree with you and add that he appears MOSTLY as a fighter, however, NOT only in war time did he appear. Eg He had a defference with satan about Moses' body NOT warring with satan.

But when he came with his voice in Thessalonian he never came for fight, but to resurrect. (until you prove that that was not Michael who came.)
Jude1vs9: "But when the Archangel Michael,contending with the Devil,disputed about the body of Moses,'dared not' bring against him a reviling accusation,but said 'The Lord rebuke you"..

Firstly,dispute means to argue or debate..This time around,it was a fight with words..Remember,the bible never mentioned the way Michael fought,i.e,if he fought with Swords or any other thing..The bible only says "fight"..But what does he fight with? The Word Of God..
This passage is easy to understand.."dared not" according to dictionary means "not bold enough" to bring a Reviling(criticize angrily in abusive words) accusation.....READ MATHEW CHAPTER 23....
Michael dared not bring a reviling accusation against the devil,but Jesus did when he called him the "father of all lies" too...Only God is the righteous Judge,and Jesus is God who will judge all nations:
Rev19vs11:Now i saw heaven opened,and behold,a white horse.And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True,and in righteous He judges and makes War....Read v12

Verse13:He was clothed with a rope dipped in blood,and his name is called The Word of God
......Now compare this description with:
Rev1:13-18=>"13.And in the midst of the seven lampstands,One Like the Son of Man,clothed with a garment down to the feet,and girded about the chest with a golden band.
14.His head and hair were like wool, as white as snow,and his eyes like a flame of fire........
15.His feet were like fine brass,as if refined in furnace,and his voice as the sound of many waters;
16.He had in his right hand seven stars,out of His Mouth went a sharp two-edged sword,and his countenance was like the sun shining in its strenght
..note the colored words...While Michael fights alone,he does not judge....But Jesus judges as well as fights(with his words you have heard)...
Now lets go to:
john1:1 "In the beginning was the Word,and The Word was with God,AND THE WORD WAS GOD[Rev19:13........His name is called THE WORD OF GOD]...
I dont know if u are understanding this....When you read further,to John1vs14: "and the Word(Which was God) Became flesh and dwelt among us,and we beheld His Glory,the Glory of the only begotten of the Father,full of grace and truth...This will take us back us back to Isaiah,who prophesied that "Behold,a woman shall concieve and bear a son,and he shall be called Immanuel,which means 'GOD WITH US',not God is With Us...
My brother,what truth again do you need?what else do you want me to say? What else is left to say?
How does those two descriptions of Jude1:1 of Michael match with Jesus' description and use of words?
As you and i know,Jesus is the only Word of God made flesh,or is there any other one?

JMANO5:
4. oga, the mighty angel that appeared in rev. 18:1 was not described as having AN ANGEL under him(i dont know whether am correct.) as such I dont agree he leads a legion.
Angels has specific ranks and authorities,same way with humans.[b]Revelation
clearly shows there are heads and subordinates.Rev7:2,for example...There are many other instances..
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
philfearon:
Thank you...But then,QUOTE JOHN 1:1....
obadiah777: Jesus is God. however they are two entities. hope that makes sense. the holy spirit does not differ. any man that has only 100 percent holy spirit ( if humanly possible ) will also be = God = Christ.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 4:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
MEILYN:
You have a problem with COMPREHENSION OR UNDERSTANDING.....
So,what you quoted above is JOHN1:1?
People make una dey see wetin i dey see o.......
Your problem is,YOU DONT BELIEVE JESUS IS GOD,AND AS SUCH, John1:1 IS NOT IN YOUR OWN VERSION OF THE BIBLE......You know very well that if you quote that verse,that means you believe Jesus is God,as such,you find it difficult to read it,and therefore cant quote it.....Bro,The time of repentance of the Heart is now you have time,not later... THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE...
I know ur next post will be to digress!
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
JMAN05:

oga. You made a good point sha. but please, what do you mean by the point 3 above. please tell me how that archangel's voice cannot be Jesus. when u say IN, do you mean that Jesus was transported on top of an arhangel's voice or what? please address very well or I will repeat it.

2. John knows his master Jesus, He didnt call him Jesus 'cos he was acting as archangel in that discription or acting in that office during that war. if we follow your reasoning, why then didnt he call him Jesus at rev. 19? rather he was describing him?

3. I want to agree with you and add that he appears MOSTLY as a fighter, however, NOT only in war time did he appear. Eg He had a defference with satan about Moses' body NOT warring with satan.

But when he came with his voice in Thessalonian he never came for fight, but to resurrect. (until you prove that that was not Michael who came.)

4. oga, the mighty angel that appeared in rev. 18:1 was not described as having AN ANGEL under him(i dont know whether am correct.) as such I dont agree he leads a legion.

5. I do not also agree that "and his angels" is because he appears as a fighter, but I think it means that as a chief angel, he had other angels he commands.

1. the bolded, please show me where the devil became a chief angel. or archangel.

2. oga, the word angel means "messenger", so all of them are messengers. when Michael fights, that was a fight/war message he goes to execute.

Jesus is equally a messenger.

3. oga tell me why rev. 19 was not describing Jesus.

4. Angel means messenger. Archangel is a title for the chief of the angels (heavenly messengers ) including Gabriel. The word "archangel" occurs in the singular, the bible never told us of another chief messenger to which you say Gabriel is. That is your word not bible's.

As a chief of angels, it is logical that he comes to rescue his angels who has been trapped bh the devil.

As for the other angel you said he should research. abeg show me that one for bible first.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
philfearon:
You have a problem with COMPREHENSION OR UNDERSTANDING.....
So,what you quoted above is JOHN1:1?
People make una dey see wetin i dey see o.......
Your problem is,YOU DONT BELIEVE JESUS IS GOD,AND AS SUCH, John1:1 IS NOT IN YOUR OWN VERSION OF THE BIBLE......You know very well that if you quote that verse,that means you believe Jesus is God,as such,you find it difficult to read it,and therefore cant quote it.....Bro,The time of repentance of the Heart is now you have time,not later... THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE...
I know ur next post will be to digress!
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God." (John 1:1-2)....
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2013
JMANO5:

5. I do not also agree that "and his angels" is because he appears as a fighter, but I think it means that as a chief angel, he had other angels he commands.

@first bolded,In that Particular passage,it is Specific..Those angels mentioned there are Angels created to fight alongside Michael..They are his fighting angels,just like a commander or General of army in Nigeria has their own Garrison which they command...For instance,in Nigeria,somebody cannot be the Governor,be the President,be The L.G chairman all at once...The office is shared for administrative purposes,same in Heaven...Someone cannot be a judge and be a Law Maker at the same time and Execute the law at the same time...You cannot be the Police,the Soldier,The Navy,the businessman,the barman,the banker,CEO all at the same time...

Its just like in the Market,one person cannot sell everything!.....That is why functions are shared...A trouser cant do the function of a Shirt and vice-versa...A book cant do the function of a pen.....But all this things i have stated work together for One Purpose.....If you read Revelation,You will always see John saying "and another Mighty Angel" .....it is very clear...Just like humans are ranked,so are angels too..There are higher angels and lower angels as John made us believe,and he personally recognised them..So,why is it hard for you to believe?....Read about The Ranks of Angels to understand more...

JMANO5: As for the other angel you said he should research. abeg show me that one for bible first.
Research Angel Jophiel,then compare it with the angel mentioned in Rev18:1.........
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
JMANO5:

@first bolded,In that Particular passage,it is Specific..Those angels mentioned there are Angels created to fight alongside Michael..They are his fighting angels,just like a commander or General of army in Nigeria has their own Garrison which they command...For instance,in Nigeria,somebody cannot be the Governor,be the President,be The L.G chairman all at once...The office is shared for administrative purposes,same in Heaven...Someone cannot be a judge and be a Law Maker at the same time and Execute the law at the same time...You cannot be the Police,the Soldier,The Navy,the businessman,the barman,the banker,CEO all at the same time...

Its just like in the Market,one person cannot sell everything!.....That is why functions are shared...A trouser cant do the function of a Shirt and vice-versa...A book cant do the function of a pen.....But all this things i have stated work together for One Purpose.....If you read Revelation,You will always see John saying "and another Mighty Angel" .....it is very clear...Just like humans are ranked,so are angels too..There are higher angels and lower angels as John made us believe,and he personally recognised them..So,why is it hard for you to believe?....Read about The Ranks of Angels to understand more...

JMANO5: As for the other angel you said he should research. abeg show me that one for bible first.
Research Angel Jophiel,then compare it with the angel mentioned in Rev18:1.........
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by truthislight: 6:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
philfearon:

Michael dared not bring a reviling accusation against the devil,but Jesus did when he called him the "father of all lies"

When did that ^ incident take place ?

Was it befor Jesus came to earth or after Jesus had came ?

The things Jesus said while he was on earth who asked him to say those things ? God right?

Since the incident of Moses body and michael was befor the coming of Jesus, and God has not asked michael to say certain things yet to satan why is it You expected Michael to have accused Satan with Words ?

Did you not hear Jesus say that the son can do nothing out of his own Initiative ?
that it is only what the father wants him to do that he does ?

Your statement about michael is simply that he only do according to what the father has ask him say just like Jesus.

It was while Jesus was on earth that he made this statement :

"Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
" (John 16:11).

^^

Did you see ^ above the difference between the two periods ? (michael and moses body and the coming of Jesus ?).

So, it was not yet time for michael to say those things to satan. Simple.

philfearon:

Now lets go to:
john1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and The Word was with God,AND THE WORD WAS GOD[Rev19:13........His name is called THE WORD OF GOD]...

Read that ^ again, it says that Jesus has a beginning.

Meanwhile, The father has no beginning.

The father was there befor the beginning in question.

Read it again slowly this time.

Peace
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 7:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
truthislight:

When did that ^ incident take place ?

Was it befor Jesus came to earth or after Jesus had came ?

The things Jesus said while he was on earth who asked him to say those things ? God right?

Since the incident of Moses body and michael was befor the coming of Jesus, and God has not asked michael to say certain things yet to satan why is it You expected Michael to have accused Satan with Words ?

Did you not hear Jesus say that the son can do nothing out of his own Initiative ?
that it is only what the father wants him to do that he does ?

Your statement about michael is simply that he only do according to what the father has ask him say just like Jesus.

It was while Jesus was on earth that he made this statement :

"Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
" (John 16:11).

^^

Did you see ^ above the difference between the two periods ? (michael and moses body and the coming of Jesus ?).

So, it was not yet time for michael to say those things to satan. Simple.

Read that ^ again, it says that Jesus has a beginning.

Meanwhile, The father has no beginning.

The father was there befor the beginning in question.

Read it again slowly this time.

Peace
Remember,God can harden someone's heart not to accept advice or good counselling after an exhaustive counselling on the person,bringing his downfall......
You have rèfused to accept the Bare truth....QUOTING A Bit OF MY post to suit you will do you no good....Anybody with a good reasoning,will be laughing at your Sheer lack of acknowledgement
Your heart is hardened,but you dont know....And learn to quote the scripture completely,not hapharzardly,thats why you alwaz end up misunderstanding the Scripture!
JOHN16:7-12 "7.Nevertheless i tell u the truth.it is to your advantage that i go away,for if i do not go away,the Helper will not come to you;but if i depart,i will send Him to you
Who else can send the Spirit of God,if not God? and still yet you dont believe Jesus is God!
8."And when He has come,He will convict the world of sin,and of righteousness,and of Judgement:
9."Of sin,because they dont believe in Me;
10."of righteousness,because i go to my father and you see me no more;
11."Of judgement because the ruler of this world is Judged.
12."I still have many things to say to you,but you cannot bear them now.
13."However,when He,the Spirit of truth,has come,He will guide you into all truth;for He will not speak on His own accord authority,but whatever He hears,He will speak,and He will tell you things to come.
14."He will glorify Me,for He will take of what is Mine,and declare it to you

The very Scripture you quote accuse you!!
I dont even know the reason why you went and brought up the passage....The bible was put into Whole for a Reason...STOP READING THE BIBLE BITS BY BITS......READ THE BIBLE AS A WHOLE

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by haibe(m): 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
@philfearon you have tried explaining to this guys that Jesus is not an angel, if they won't accept just leave them alone, we all have our weaknesses in doctrines, lets just hope God reveals the truth to us all, the most important thing is that someone gets saved.

its the 21st page now, I think the truth should be glaring now.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by truthislight: 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
Lol grin

my friend, address the issues and stop whining.

You dont pass sentence without judgement.

One remain innocent until judgement is passed.

At the time of angel michael and satan argument over moses body Yahweh had not given the green light/sentence as such michael refered satan to Yahweh ("may the lord/Yahweh rebuked you" ).

It would have been wrong for michael to start attacking satan at that time, it would have amounted to taking the law into his hand and that would have been presumpteouseness on his part.

But when the time is come, Jesus could rightly tell satan what the vedict was.

He also said what he saw "satan falling already from heaven".

Then his judgement.

"Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. " (John 16:11).

that ^ was not done as of the time of michael incident with satan over moses body.

I dont know what you are shouting about below.

Why not use the bible to do your talking and stop showing your frustration

philfearon:
Remember,God can harden someone's heart not to accept advice or good counselling after an exhaustive counselling on the person,bringing his downfall......
You have rèfused to accept the Bare truth....
QUOTING A Bit OF MY post to suit you will do you no good....Anybody with a good reasoning,will be laughing at your Sheer lack of acknowledgement
Your heart is hardened,but you dont know....And learn to quote the scripture completely,not hapharzardly,thats why you alwaz end up misunderstanding the Scripture!

^^^

Which truth ?

My friend go and rest if you have nothing to offer.

In your post you picked up many points at once and i addressed the once i feel like and you start shouting. Smh.

You funny die. grin

you can drink water to cool down grin. Lol cheesy
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by truthislight: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
let me repost this post i had posted in reply to Joeagbaja here again :

Joagbaje:

And by that
satan became higher than Micheal in authority
because of the adamic authority satan possessed.

Again, where did you get that ^ from ?

Is it that book of Jude that you got it from, that satan has more authority more than Michael ? Smh.

Do you really know the context of that JUDE at all ?

That Jude was written to help christians to have respect for dignitaries or those in authority/show respect to people :

"Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and
speak evil of dignities."
(Jude 1:8 ).

That even Michael that has cause to cursed satan during their contention for moses body refused to, there by setting a fine example for us to follow:

"Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses,
durst not bring against him a railing accusation,
but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
But these speak evil of those things which they know not:
but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves." (Jude 1:9-10).

How did that ^ translate to satan being higher than Michael ?

So, that Jesus washed the feet of his disciples made his disciples greater than him ? Smh.

Is it not the same Michael that always come to recue other angels imprison by more powerful angels than them in the book of Daniel ?

If he was not more powerful why was he able to recue those angels in the book of Daniel ?

If he was not more powerful than these wicked angel, why was he michael the one God always send to over power them ?

If Michael was not more powerful than satan why then did God sand him to collect Moses body from him ? Did God made a mistake of Judgement ?

Can you over power someone stronger than you all the times ? Smh.

If he did not have the power to overcome satan, why then was he sent to collect moses body from the rebellious satan ?

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 9:35am On Sep 28, 2013
haibe: @philfearon you have tried explaining to this guys that Jesus is not an angel, if they won't accept just leave them alone, we all have our weaknesses in doctrines, lets just hope God reveals the truth to us all, the most important thing is that someone gets saved.

its the 21st page now, I think the truth should be glaring now.
Thanks bro...The Truth is Blazing,Glaring,staring and Shining in the Eyes of he who wants to Believe....But he who does not want to Believe;
John3:17 "for God did not send His Son into the World to condemn the World,but that the World might Through Him be Saved..
John3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned;but he who does not Believe is condemned already,because he has not believed in the NAME of the only Begotten Son Of God."...

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by truthislight: 11:00am On Sep 28, 2013
Sometimes i kind of like your kind of person when you quote a scripture like the one below, showing clearly that Jesus was sent and hence a messenger/angel:

philfearon:
John3:17 "for God did not send His Son into the World to condemn the World, but that the World might Through Him be Saved

^^^

for the above ^, correct ! grin

you see, if you decide to focussed your energy in stating what is in the bible the way it is, forgetting tradition of men, you will do greatly.

Thank you for that quote, 'Jesus was sent' as a messenger by his superior, chikena ! cheesy

you can take one bottle for my head for that good quote. cheesy

grin cool

thanks cool

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 11:52am On Sep 28, 2013
truthislight: Sometimes i kind of like your kind of person when you quote a scripture like the one below, showing clearly that Jesus was sent and hence a messenger/angel:

^^^

you see, if you decide to focussed your energy in stating what is in the bible the way it is, forgetting tradition of men, you will do greatly.

Thank you for that quote, 'Jesus was sent' as a messenger by his superior, chikena ! cheesy

grin cool

thanks cool
lmao, u just killed it bro. cheesy cheesy. THE END.

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by edogho(m): 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2013
Some ppl got their own version of truth. Buh when talking abt bible truth,many are far off. Wat makes u believe d bible is 4rm God? if u nah get beta tin 2 say just cuff thyself 2 avoid typing trash to mi question. So God send himself abi? n d Romans beat n nailed him to a tree abi. If I follow d 3in1 talk i'll worship d Romans instead who overpowered n killed God. @all 3in1 peeps,make una check una version of truth again. D resurrected Jesus called d father HIS GOD,so I do nt understand all dis too much talk @phil dey talk.abt Jesus being God. As u claim to av understanding u still dey believe in stories? b4 Christians adopted d 3in1 philosophy ancient akkadians n Egyptians had their own version. Ishta n tammuz dem. I just dey frown @ ur behavior because u re nt trying with all ur claims. Nah b u wise pass so wake up n face d facts. D father is superior to d son if u get any more untruth to spread,I dare u to interprete 1Cor 15:27,28.
peace.

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 28, 2013
truthislight: Sometimes i kind of like your kind of person when you quote a scripture like the one below, showing clearly that Jesus was sent and hence a messenger/angel:

^^^

grin cool

thanks cool
grin grin grin grin grin [b]you know truthislight there was a point in time on nairaland were i could have sworn that you were my staunch enemy lol. but for a while now i think we see things the exact same way. we have the same truth. and you know you killed this argument a couple of posts before this when you said concerning jude 9 ' when archangel Michael told the devil that the lord rebuke you, this was in moses days and christ had not come yet so which lord was he talking about ? he couldnt have been talking about christ because christ had not been born yet and i dont think he would be calling GOD lord because then it would have been in all capital letters. so he obviously was referring to himself in the third party meaning he was the lord.

but with this post you put the cherry on top. philfearon needs to start reading the bible on his own and detach all pre-concieved notions and ideas held from being passed down from pastors. he needs to detach and dis-entangle from past exegesis and approach the scriptures like a new born with fresh eyes. anything short of that and he would spend 17 pages defending stupidity as he did in this thread lol[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
edogho: Some ppl got their own version of truth. Buh when talking abt bible truth,many are far off. Wat makes u believe d bible is 4rm God? if u nah get beta tin 2 say just cuff thyself 2 avoid typing trash to mi question. So God send himself abi? n d Romans beat n nailed him to a tree abi. If I follow d 3in1 talk i'll worship d Romans instead who overpowered n killed God. @all 3in1 peeps,make una check una version of truth again. D resurrected Jesus called d father HIS GOD,so I do nt understand all dis too much talk @phil dey talk.abt Jesus being God. As u claim to av understanding u still dey believe in stories? b4 Christians adopted d 3in1 philosophy ancient akkadians n Egyptians had their own version. Ishta n tammuz dem. I just dey frown @ ur behavior because u re nt trying with all ur claims. Nah b u wise pass so wake up n face d facts. D father is superior to d son if u get any more untruth to spread,I dare u to interprete 1Cor 15:27,28.
peace.
1Cor 1:25 "Because,the foolishness of God is wiser than men,and the Weakness of God is stronger than men".....
Jeremiah 33:3 "Call to Me and i will answer you and tell you great and wondrous things you do not know"
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by edogho(m): 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
philfearon:
1Cor 1:25 "Because,the foolishness of God is wiser than men,and the Weakness of God is stronger than men".....
Jeremiah 33:3 "Call to Me and i will answer you and tell you great and wondrous things you do not know"
I knw u didn't read mi post completely. Re-read buh open both eyes dis tym.
Thanks.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2013
edogho: I knw u didn't read mi post completely. Re-read buh open both eyes dis tym.
Thanks.
Where Have you been when the topic raged?
You jump out from nowhere, you call my name,you want to start arguing with me.......I have a Job for you:
1}Go all over Nairaland and start Shouting 'Phil' 'Phil' Phil'..
2}Go Back to Page 0 of this topic and start reading to the present page..You are still a rookie here!
3}Learn how to write very well and properly with good punctuation marks and good English..
4}Go get an eye glass for yourself and start seeing properly;you are now blind..
5}You can ignore this post and keep believing in what you believe..
6}You can apply that Jeremaiah 33:3 and ask God for Help.....
7}Start Believeing in 1Cor1:25 and leave things beyond your comprehension as it is......
Dont bother quoting me,i wont reply you...Dont bother liking my post,am always present in the thread.....Dont bother to start a war of words,you will end up making a Fool of Yourself!!
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2013
lmao grin grin funny Phil.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by edogho(m): 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2013
MEILYN: lmao grin grin funny Phil.
Really funny buh not enough to make me laugh. How insecure and immature Phil can be. English nah b mi papa own I wonder how dat come become d issue and why some peeps go dey use am boast as if na big deal. I still think you are wise because you cleverly dodged mi question. No problems sha,I don pass dat level u dey take matters to. Enjoy your life wise Phil.
Gracias mi hermano.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by haibe(m): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
@MEILYN so is Jesus a god?
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2013
haibe: @MEILYN so is Jesus a god?
is Jesus a god? or Is Jesus God?. Rephrase ur Question. Anyway Jesus is a God but He Isnt God... Like Obadiah said, we can all be Gods if only we can have the Holy spirit 100% in us like Jesus when He was on earth... But we have only one God who Even Jesus Serves which is Yahweh. Jesus And God are two different People. Dont get confused, if you dont understand, read Obadiahs previous post on this thread.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 6:39pm On Sep 28, 2013
edogho: Really funny buh not enough to make me laugh. How insecure and immature Phil can be. English nah b mi papa own I wonder how dat come become d issue and why some peeps go dey use am boast as if na big deal. I still think you are wise because you cleverly dodged mi question. No problems sha,I don pass dat level u dey take matters to. Enjoy your life wise Phil.
Gracias mi hermano.
Please, i didnt laugh in that regard. Just that Phil's frustration made me laugh. Bro your Grammer/Write up aint bad, dont mind him, English will not take anybody to Heaven, just continue your Good work in the Lord. grin grin grin
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 7:08pm On Sep 28, 2013
MEILYN: Please, i didnt laugh in that regard. Just that Phil's frustration made me laugh. Bro your Grammer/Write up aint bad, dont mind him, English will not take anybody to Heaven, just continue your Good work in the Lord. grin grin grin
ENCOURAGEMENT!........!!
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
philfearon:
This is what i mean:
According to Dictionary.com,"with" means ACCOMPANIED BY,and it is a preposition..A preposition is a word which shows the relationship between a noun/pronoun to other words in the sentence...
In this sense,"The Lord himself will descend from heaven,accompanied by{with} the voice of the angel,accompanied by{with} the Trumpet of God"...
So,1Thessalonians4:16,is simply saying what will accompany the Lord as he descends from heaven on the last day,and nothing more...
You have to read this passage with upto 3-4 translations with an open mind,and u will trully undastand what is being said there...

It is true that the word means "accompany by", however that is not all its meaning. It also means "having or carrying something"(oxford advance learner's vol. 6).

Now what does the context suggest?

how can a literal voice be accompanying Jesus? is it not logical to say it was jesus' own voice?

It says the lord comes "with an archangel's voice". Viewing this to mean that a voice was accompanying Jesus, Is that not to say that Jesus' own voice cant raise the dead, that it lacks command? In the future, did Jesus say he will resurrect the dead with another person's voice? John 5:28, 29

Does it make sense to state that one who has authority like Jesus would need an angel's voice to resurrect the dead? Who is more powerful, Jesus or the angel?

But my question is why you said that that word can be translated IN. Why bring that to the picture and now you diverted to using "with"?

I dont know what Bible you read or reading,but all the bible i checked with specifically mentioned the name of Jesus in Revelation19:10

You are right, even my translation calls him Jesus in verse 10, however, the statement there is made by an angel not John. John didnt call him Jesus, rather he was describing him. To me I think John writes according to what appears in his eyes, not that he doesnt know whom the person is. At chapter 12, Jesus appeared as an archangel, so he has to call him by that name. it is a revelation presented in signs. he needs to use what he is shown not his ideas.

Jude1vs9: "But when the Archangel Michael,contending with the Devil,disputed about the body of Moses,'dared not' bring against him a reviling accusation,but said 'The Lord rebuke you"..

Firstly,dispute means to argue or debate..This time around,it was a fight with words..Remember,the bible never mentioned the way Michael fought,i.e,if he fought with Swords or any other thing..The bible only says "fight"..But what does he fight with? The Word Of God..
This passage is easy to understand.."dared not" according to dictionary means "not bold enough" to bring a Reviling(criticize angrily in abusive words) accusation.....READ MATHEW CHAPTER 23....
Michael dared not bring a reviling accusation against the devil,but Jesus did when he called him the "father of all lies" too...

You said before that archangel michael appears during WAR. now I showed you that in jude9 that he had just a difference not a WAR with satan. He seem to appear when the task is too demanding than the lesser angels can handle.

At matthew Jesus was not talking to the devil but to the pharisees. So he wasnt judging him there.

Only God is the righteous Judge,and Jesus is God who will judge all nations:
Rev19vs11:Now i saw heaven opened,and behold,a white horse.And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True,and in righteous He judges and makes War....Read v12

Verse13:He was clothed with a rope dipped in blood,and his name is called The Word of God
......Now compare this description with:
Rev1:13-18=>"13.And in the midst of the seven lampstands,One Like the Son of Man,clothed with a garment down to the feet,and girded about the chest with a golden band.
14.His head and hair were like wool, as white as snow,and his eyes like a flame of fire........
15.His feet were like fine brass,as if refined in furnace,and his voice as the sound of many waters;
16.He had in his right hand seven stars,out of His Mouth went a sharp two-edged sword,and his countenance was like the sun shining in its strenght
..note the colored words...While Michael fights alone,he does not judge....But Jesus judges as well as fights(with his words you have heard)...

1. Jesus didnt just judge. It was God who gave him the go ahead order to judge.

John 5:22 KJV
"For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:"

That he was giving this judging by someone means that the one who gave him the authority is greater than him, not so?

Now, the archangel was the one who is to appear during the last days:

Daniel 12:1-2 KJV
And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. [2] And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Compare this with matt. 24:20, 21 about Jesus description of the last days.

Matthew 24:21 KJV
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Also compare john 5:28, 29

John 5:28-29 KJV
"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, [29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

Interestingly archangel's voice is recognized as having a command that will raise the dead.

That Michael will stand for his people, doesnt it correspond to rev. 16:14-16?

Now lets go to:
john1:1 "In the beginning was the Word,and The Word was with God,AND THE WORD WAS GOD[Rev19:13........His name is called THE WORD OF GOD]...
I dont know if u are understanding this....When you read further,to John1vs14: "and the Word(Which was God) Became flesh and dwelt among us,and we beheld His Glory,the Glory of the only begotten of the Father,full of grace and truth...This will take us back us back to Isaiah,who prophesied that "Behold,a woman shall concieve and bear a son,and he shall be called Immanuel,which means 'GOD WITH US',not God is With Us...
My brother,what truth again do you need?what else do you want me to say? What else is left to say?
How does those two descriptions of Jude1:1 of Michael match with Jesus' description and use of words?
As you and i know,Jesus is the only Word of God made flesh,or is there any other one?

Take a second look at that john1:1.

1) it says the Word was [b] WITH
God. Your definition above states that "with" means accompany by. So how can Word accompanied by God be the same persons. Will it not mean that Jesus accompanied by archangel's voice is archangel's voice?

I ask: can you be the same person you are with?

2. Note that the last "God" in that john1 doesnt have a definite article. It says the "the word was God", not that "the word was [the] God". If the last "God" had a definite article, in greek, we can confidently say that the last God is the first. Even trinitarian and a bible scholar, Dr. James White agrees with this.

3) at verse 14; did you notice that it says "only BEGOTTEN of the father"? I cant say that the almighty is begotten. Not just that, but from a father. Can you confidently say that your almighty God is begotten by a father? Never may that happen. But such is said of Jesus. Doesnt it make a big difference?

4) if you want to describe a relationship between you and your equal will you use father and son as a fitting word to describe your relationship? Wouldnt you rather use twince? but Jesus is described as a son and God as father.

Again, how then does this almighty God need to be accompanied by the voice of a 'lower' angel to raise the dead?

5. Even if you say "God with us", it means the same thing. However, worthy of note is that that is the way jews give names. It doesnt make Jesus an incarnate of God alimighty.

Elihu means "God is he", can we now say that he is God incarnate? No. Even today many answer immanuel, which doesnt make them incarnate of God.

Angels has specific ranks and authorities,same way with humans.Revelation clearly shows there are heads and subordinates.Rev7:2,for example...There are many other instances..

Oga. I dont think that addresses my point. The angel at rev. 18:1 wasnt described as having HIS ANGEL. As such I conclude that it was only Jesus and archangel who was described as having such. For the fact the bible do not tell us of different commanders of angels, i think Jesus is the one who has angels as subordinates. At mal. 3, Jesus is described as an angel(messenger), this wasnt an offensive term for him.

That an angel is mighty doesnt make him an archangel. Meanwhile archangel occurs in the singular not plural.

I dont understand what you are saying that those angels are created to be his fighters. I am trying to tell you that he answers archangel of chief of the angel cos he has other angels subordinates.

pls i cnt see jophiel in the bible.

3 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 3:11am On Sep 29, 2013
JMAN05:

[quote author=JMANO5]It is true that the word means "accompany by", however that is not all its meaning. It also means "having or carrying something"(oxford advance learner's vol. 6).

Now what does the context suggest?

Put "having or carrying something" in place of With in that passage,and lets see what the context suggest....

how can a literal voice be accompanying Jesus? is it not logical to say it was jesus' own voice?
@bolded,Thats why you find it to hard to believe..you are still using human Logic to view the things of God..
It says the lord comes "with an archangel's voice". Viewing this to mean that a voice was accompanying Jesus, Is that not to say that Jesus' own voice cant raise the dead, that it lacks command? In the future, did Jesus say he will resurrect the dead with another person's voice?
Your human logic is still at work here...Ask yourself,"why is God allowing the devil to operate freely when He(GOD) can End him with one Word?"

It didnt say the voice of the angel will raise the dead... God will raise the dead...God laid out roles for angels for a purpose...It doesnt mean that God cant operate without them!!
Does it make sense to state that one who has authority like Jesus would need an angel's voice to resurrect the dead? Who is more powerful, Jesus or the angel?

Using your human logic,what is the work of an Mc in an occassion?
So,if the couple who are about to wed are coming,they will still announce it themselves whereas an Mc is in the House?
Try reading the bible with an open mind bro....

You are right, even my translation calls him Jesus in verse 10, however, the statement there is made by an angel not John. John didnt call him Jesus, rather he was describing him. To me I think John writes according to what appears in his eyes, not that he doesnt know whom the person is. At chapter 12, Jesus appeared as an archangel, so he has to call him by that name.
I dont know,so Jesus is now confusing his angels with his personality too? He changes to Michael and then changes to Jesus Christ?

Remember,it was an angel who identified Michael in Daniel10:13 "The Prince of the Kingdom of Persia withstood me for twenty-one days;but Michael,one of the Chief Prince's came to help me,so i left him there with the Prince of the Kingdom of Persia"......
You are the one clearly confusing and misunderstanding yourself...Angels knew who Jesus is,same way they Know who Michael is... I clearly dont know where the misconception is coming from!!
At matthew Jesus was not talking to the devil but to the pharisees. So he wasnt judging him there.

Really? My Mathew told me He condemned the Job Pharisees there....Or is your own bible saying otherwise? Why i referred you to that chapter is because Michael "dared not" accuse,which Jesus did..........

John 5:22 KJV
"For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:"

That he was giving this judging by someone means that the one who gave him the authority is greater than him, not so?

Did you see me doubt this in any of my comments?

[quote]Take a second look at that john1:1.

1) it says the Word was WITH God. Your definition above states that "with" means accompany by.

Put "having or carrying something" in place of With,lets see how the passage will look like....

So how can Word accompanied by God be the same persons.
That is why there are Three Persons in One God{God the Father,God the Son and God The Holy Spirit}.....
Mathew28:19 "Go
therefore and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name Of the Father,and of the Son,and of The Holy Spirit"

You simply cant comprehend it cuz its a Mystery yet to be revealed to Man in its full context and comprehension....
I ask: can you be the same person you are with?
You have ended up answering the first question you asked me......^^^Check the first quote up....
At chapter12,Jesus appeared as an Archangel
The Word "ARCHANGEL" was not used in the Book of Revelation......I dont know the Chapter12 You are talking about....
But The Revelation12 i know,mentioned the name of Michael in verse7,and Mentioned the name of Jesus Christ in verse17 differently and specifically.......You are the one in Misconception here,not the Bible.......
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by edogho(m): 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
philfearon:
ENCOURAGEMENT!........!!
yeah,everyone needs it.
I'm still wondering why you thought I didn't start from page 0,buh I don't expect you to answer since you made it clear that you want to avoid me and me question buh I just hope those reading would notice that I'm not new on this thread because I've discussed only briefly with Mr.Emusan.
Even if I had a gun and you continued pulling the trigger of your own gun(mouth I mean) I would'nt care because I don't think it will do me any good to condescend. I will be on this thread till no one posts (so don't get me twisred,)I'll be here when scoffers get screwed(as Obadiah would....em.....call zem) . I'll just do what I do best on NL,(watch scoffers get screwed)
STILL AS OBADIAH WOULD CALL TZEM(speaking your most revered ENGLISH LANGUAGE Japanese style in case you forgot.its not.even an African language)
TSANK YOU BROTZER(still Japanese style)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Daysman Oyakhilome Bags Nelson Mandela Leadership Awards (Photos) / Fufeyin: I Saw The Death Of Abba Kyari, Prayed About It But It's The Will Of God / Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.