Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,055 members, 7,970,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:26 AM

Sos: Access Bank Stole Client's Fixed Deposit - What Should I Do - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Sos: Access Bank Stole Client's Fixed Deposit - What Should I Do (1036 Views)

Fixed Deposit At Competitive Interest Rates / The Minimum Deposit Is N10,000.00 In Goldwise Nigeria / Arm Investment And Zenith Fixed Deposit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sos: Access Bank Stole Client's Fixed Deposit - What Should I Do by aeu1: 8:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
It actually started in the days of the then Equity Bank In Ikot Abasi, Akwa Ibom, a lady subscribed to a 30 days fixed deposit account with 10% interest in 2006. There was a letter to the effect that the principal & interest should be rolled over at the usual 30 days expiry date. Intercontinentalbankplc latter acquired Equity bank and this scenario was sustained, however, Intercontinentalbankplc closed Ikot Abasi branch where this lady's account was domiciled and moved all clients' accounts to her branch at Wellington Bassey way, Uyo. Access bank then acquired the bank. Believing that she is still covered by the standing order she signed, she hardly checked her account. Last month she visited her branch only to discover her Principal amount of 100k in the fixed deposit account has been stolen since 2007. leaving only few thousand naira interest. as balance - going by the statement she was given! The bank branch officers and manager no longer pick her calls, apparently because they don't have any cogent explanation.
Please this matter is brought here for advise, where can she report to to recover her hard earned money from fraudulent bankers, Central bank, police or EFCC and how can one go about it?
Re: Sos: Access Bank Stole Client's Fixed Deposit - What Should I Do by newpaparazzi(m): 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
I think you can contact the following numbers to lodge a complaint:08057101365, 08057008273, 08057008200. If your story is true then you can take the bank up. Dont forget to update us the way it goes.
Re: Sos: Access Bank Stole Client's Fixed Deposit - What Should I Do by aeu1: 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2013
new paparazzi: I think you can contact the following numbers to lodge a complaint:08057101365, 08057008273, 08057008200. If your story is true then you can take the bank up. Dont forget to update us the way it goes.
Sir you did not mention which institution's numbers are these, thanks, further contributions still welcomed
Re: Sos: Access Bank Stole Client's Fixed Deposit - What Should I Do by aeu1: 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
Pls O, I seriously need further advise, this is a serious matter
Re: Sos: Access Bank Stole Client's Fixed Deposit - What Should I Do by newpaparazzi(m): 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
aeu1:
Sir you did not mention which institution's numbers are these, thanks, further contributions still welcomed

The number is for
Deputy Director in banking supervision
department of CBN.

You can also write a letter to CIBN. The Lagos Office is at Adeola Hopewell, Victoria Island. The Institute has an active committee that review such complaints. I am sure you would get a faster resolution.

1 Like

Re: Sos: Access Bank Stole Client's Fixed Deposit - What Should I Do by newpaparazzi(m): 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
@ OP, any developments?

(1) (Reply)

2mbbls Of Blco Is Ready To Give A 2%pb Before The Buyer Gives His Sblc(mt-760) / Sino Truck Partner And Sponsor Wanted / Accounting Services, Tax Management , Audit & Assurance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.