Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,024 members, 7,976,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 03:05 PM

How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God (2436 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by RayMcBlue(m): 8:21pm On Sep 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Oh, how foolish of you sir. Sorry to sound rude but seeing as you are not religious, you must be trolling with that statement.

Been non-religious doesn't in anyway compel me from speaking the truth as I see it, mate.

Logicboy03: We have seen countries with little religion and how much the absence of religion in majority of their citizens' lives is met with a higher standard of living.

So that is the basis of your argument? That countries with atheistic tendency tends to do better than the religious ones?

You need a reality check, mate, and I'm gonna provide one for you.

Ask yourself what would happen if United States weren't there to keep the peace? Sweden, Denmark and such are only enjoying the full benefits of peace time atheism because World powers like U.S.A are there to shield them from the full dose of reality.

Let's go back to WW2 when atheistic Nazi Germany wanted to take over the world, or the abominations of the Soviet Union Communism subsequently. Those, were fueled by Man's ambition at it's most ruthless, without any inhibitions or excuses like religion to mask it.

Now, what do you think will happen if a rising power like atheistic China were to take over world supremacy from the United States? Do you think that peace will suddenly reign? I don't think so. The demise of religion will only usher in a greater evil in it's place.

Just remember, it's man that is driving the car, not atheism or religion. As far as man is in the forefront, peace will never reign on earth, it's just not in our nature.

Cease scratching the surface and dig deep, mate.

7 Likes

Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Oh, how foolish of you sir. Sorry to sound rude but seeing as you are not religious, you must be trolling with that statement. We have seen countries with little religion and how much the absence of religion in majority of their citizens' lives is met with a higher standard of living.

Try to understand what Ray is talking about..Several ages ago before the radical spread of religion man has always battled with himself continuously..there was never peace..Africa for example before the christain and muslim missionaries came never experienced peace..nw every of the country with less religion still have nukes and nuclear warheads in their backyard..man is insatiable and will continue to fight himself..BTW countries like saudi arabia, Qatar are religious and are highly developed too.

4 Likes

Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by RayMcBlue(m): 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
joel lala:

Try to understand what Ray is talking about..Several ages ago before the radical spread of religion man has always battled with himself continuously..there was never peace..Africa for example before the christain and muslim missionaries came never experienced peace..nw every of the country with less religion still have nukes and nuclear warheads in their backyard..man is insatiable and will continue to fight himself..BTW countries like saudi arabia, Qatar are religious and are highly developed too.

#Word.
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by MrTroll(m): 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Been non-religious doesn't in anyway compel me from speaking the truth as I see it, mate.

So that is the basis of your argument? That countries with atheistic tendency tends to do better than the religious ones?

Ask yourself what would happen if United States weren't there to keep the peace? Sweden, Denmark and such are only enjoying the full benefits of peace time atheism because World powers like U.S.A are there to shield them from the full dose of reality.
What nonsense is this? Go read some history man. The scandinavians have always been peaceful and it has absolutely nothing to do with the USA. While the US and europe were in the throes of WW2, Denmark, Switzerland, Finland etc were basically neutral and never involved themselves. Pls stop this ignorant misinformation. . .

Let's go back to WW2 when atheistic Nazi Germany wanted to take over the world, or the abominations of the Soviet Union Communism subsequently. Those, were fueled by Man's ambition at it's most ruthless, without any inhibitions or excuses like religion to mask it.
Nazi germany was atheistic? Are you high? Do you know Hitler was a practicing catholic and in fact got the blessings of some prominent catholic fathers during the war? This is a public forum mate, misinformation does not carry for long.

Now, what do you think will happen if a rising power like atheistic China were to take over world supremacy from the United States? Do you think that peace will suddenly reign? I don't think so. The demise of religion will only usher in a greater evil in it's place.

Just remember, it's man that is driving the car, not atheism or religion. As far as man is in the forefront, peace will never reign on earth, it's just not in our nature.

What strawman is this? Who says peace will suddenly reign? And besides, how are you certain that its because USA is mostly religious thats why they are the world power or why are keeping the peace? Mcheew!
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by MrTroll(m): 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
In fact, it is in the name of religion that most murders and genocide have been committed. The dark ages, the inquisition, the crusades, Even the slave trade was sanctioned by prominent religious figures. See africa with its many superstitions and diverse religious practices. . .
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
joel lala:

See slave. Did the white man come to see warring tribes in Nigeria? lol.....think again. When they came, they met a peaceful African society which they dominated and colonized.

Saudi Arabia and Qatar will look developed to ignorant people like you. There are measures- Human Development Index and the Global peace index. Go ad look where these countries rank.

What you see are palaces and gold cars that are affordable by the princes and the rich. Go and look at poverty in Saudi Arabia before you talk.

Religion will always remain one of the best systems for division and inequality

1 Like

Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ray McBlue:

"atheistic Nazi Germany"

You sir, are too ignorant to waste my time on for saying that Nazis were atheistic!!!
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by RayMcBlue(m): 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2013
Mr Troll: What nonsense is this? Go read some history man. The scandinavians have always been peaceful and it has absolutely nothing to do with the USA.

Apparently, you don't know your history. Ever heard of the Vikings? Oh yes, they are the ancestors of the race we call Scandinavians today. They are known to be conquerors, invading one country after another and planting their seeds (that's how they spread to Faroe Island, Iceland, and shetney islands)

Mr Troll: While the US and europe were in the throes of WW2, Denmark, Switzerland, Finland etc were basically neutral and never involved themselves. Pls stop this ignorant misinformation. . .

Lol! You conveniently forgot to mention, Norway and Sweden. Btw, Mr history teacher, Switzerland is not a Scandinavian Country. It's a land-locked central European country that is made up of French and German majority and Italian minority. Finlands are not really regarded by some as a Scandinavian nation. Denmark was occupied by Nazi Germany during the WW2, and thus weren't neutral, just like France weren't neutral when they are also occupied subsequently.

Mr Troll: Nazi germany was atheistic? Are you high? Do you know Hitler was a practicing catholic and in fact got the blessings of some prominent catholic fathers during the war? This is a public forum mate, misinformation does not carry for long.

Lol! Hitler started out as an catholic but rather on at the height of his power declared that Christianity wasn't suited for the Germans as a race. Read up on that on this link and quit this foolishness of yours.

Mr Troll: What strawman is this? Who says peace will suddenly reign? And besides, how are you certain that its because USA is mostly religious thats why they are the world power or why are keeping the peace? Mcheew!

Entirely missed the point. The point I'm trying to get through is that religion isn't the problem, rather man is.

5 Likes

Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by MrTroll(m): 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Apparently, you don't know your history. Ever heard of the Vikings? Oh yes, they are the ancestors of the race we call Scandinavians today. They are known to be conquerors, invading one country after another and planting their seeds (that's how they spread to Faroe Island, Iceland, and shetney islands)
Geez man! What has the vikings got to do with this discussion You implied that the atheistic countries are enjoying peace time atheism because of the US and i just showed it to be false. Now you pull out a viking strawman. Go and sleep man. . .

Lol! You conveniently forgot to mention, Norway and Sweden. Btw, Mr history teacher, Switzerland is not a Scandinavian Country. It's a land-locked central European country that is made up of French and German majority and Italian minority. Finlands are not really regarded by some as a Scandinavian nation. Denmark was occupied by Nazi Germany during the WW2, and thus weren't neutral, just like France weren't neutral when they are also occupied subsequently.
The countries i mentioned were to show you that they do not owe their peace to the US. By the way, Denmark was neutral during WW2. That germany invaded them doesn't invalidate their stance. What are you saying guy?

Lol! Hitler started out as an catholic but rather on at the height of his power declared that Christianity wasn't suited for the Germans as a race. Read up on that on this link and quit this foolishness of yours.
from nazi germany to the many views of Hitler. Lol. Nazi germany was never atheistic my guy. . .

Entirely missed the point. The point I'm trying to get through is that religion isn't the problem, rather man is.
still rubbish. This is just like saying corruption is not a problem, humans are. . .its a clear thing guy, the over religiousness of we africans has caused us more harm than good therefore religion, as practiced here is one of the problems we face. Do away with it and there'll be one less problem.
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by RayMcBlue(m): 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

"atheistic Nazi Germany"

You sir, are too ignorant to waste my time on for saying that Nazis were atheistic!!!

Insults will only make you sound more foolish than you already were!

All Nazi soldiers wore a belt buckle that says "Gott Mit Uns" which means "God is with us." which naturally made some people to assume the Nazis to be religious. Not so, not that simple.

Nazism was an ideology based in fascism which had nothing to do with religion, but with cults of personality. In this case the ideology glorified mans supremacy(in this case Germans) over everything else, God included.

Nazi soldiers wears "Gott Mit Uns" as a slogan, disregarding the literal interpretation. It's the same as calling the Manchester United players The Red Devils even though they are mere mortals like everyone else. It's a sentiment intended to project their invincibility to the world.

Another example, all Nazis were required to uphold this oath:

"I swear: I will be faithful and obedient to the leader of the German empire and people, Adolf Hitler, to observe the law, and to conscientiously fulfil my official duties, so help me God!

Ending the oaths with so help me God is a mere formality. In a court of law, the sentiments is echoed, irrespective of ones denomination or lack of thereof.

The issue of Nazi Atheism is still debatable anyhow, but from what I could piece together from evidences littered in one article or another, the Nazis were atheistic.

4 Likes

Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by RayMcBlue(m): 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2013
Mr Troll: Geez man! What has the vikings got to do with this discussion You implied that the atheistic countries are enjoying peace time atheism because of the US and i just showed it to be false. Now you pull out a viking strawman. Go and sleep man. . .

Weren't you the one that said previously that the Scandinavians had always being peaceful. I was trying to point out to you that it wasn't always so.

Mr Troll: The countries i mentioned were to show you that they do not owe their peace to the US. By the way, Denmark was neutral during WW2. That germany invaded them doesn't invalidate their stance. What are you saying guy?

Lol! How could a country be neutral and still got invaded, and yet again still maintained their stance prior to the invasion? Are you even aware that Mussolini's Italy were initially not on the side of the Germans prior to their invasion? Germans forced them to fight on their side after successfully defeating their arm forces. The same thing they did to Czech, Austria, I could go on and on... Do you even proofread your post before clicking on the post button...geez.

Switzerland WAS NEUTRAL, that's why they weren't invaded, even with their strategic location in Europe, not Denmark, which never had a choice to begin with. They inevitably suffered the same fate France, Spain, Italy, Norway, Poland, and Greece suffered during the course of the WW2.

Mr Troll: from nazi germany to the many views of Hitler. Lol. Nazi germany was never atheistic my guy. .

Still debatable, it's not that black and white.

Mr Troll: still rubbish. This is just like saying corruption is not a problem, humans are. . .its a clear thing guy, the over religiousness of we africans has caused us more harm than good therefore religion, as practiced here is one of the problems we face. Do away with it and there'll be one less problem.

The above clearly showed that you don't really get it. You are one of those pipe dreamers that think that solving one problem will lessen the load. Not so, mate. It might work in the movies, but not in real life. Do yourself a favor and get your head outta ya àss and face reality. #No offense.

4 Likes

Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by EvilBrain1(m): 3:13am On Sep 22, 2013
Religion has held mankind back, no doubt about it. Christianity is probably the worst culprit, but all religions waste peoples time and energy and distract them from doing things that actually benefit them, their families and society.

All the progress mankind has made in the last few centuries has been because we're managed to strip the pastors, imams and witch doctors of all real authority. Nowadays those in power govern strictly by atheistic principles even though they themselves may not be atheists. You don't see any serious minded political leader consulting with prophets or pastors any more (except maybe in Nigeria, but then I said serious minded). Nobody sacrifices animals to prevent disasters, or spends money on churches, mosques or temples expecting that to help anybody other than the pastors and imams (except again, in Nigeria). Serious societies all function under the assumption that there is no god, devil or spirits.

And it is working

1 Like

Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 22, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Insults will only make you sound more foolish than you already were!

All Nazi soldiers wore a belt buckle that says "Gott Mit Uns" which means "God is with us." which naturally made some people to assume the Nazis to be religious. Not so, not that simple.

Nazism was an ideology based in fascism which had nothing to do with religion, but with cults of personality. In this case the ideology glorified mans supremacy(in this case Germans) over everything else, God included.

Nazi soldiers wears "Gott Mit Uns" as a slogan, disregarding the literal interpretation. It's the same as calling the Manchester United players The Red Devils even though they are mere mortals like everyone else. It's a sentiment intended to project their invincibility to the world.

Another example, all Nazis were required to uphold this oath:

Ending the oaths with so help me God is a mere formality. In a court of law, the sentiments is echoed, irrespective of ones denomination or lack of thereof.

The issue of Nazi Atheism is still debatable anyhow, but from what I could piece together from evidences littered in one article or another, the Nazis were atheistic.

One can see why human progress is being hindered by religion. This guy tells an outright lie that Nazis were atheistic and he gets a total of 5 likes! The other commonsense comments by others hardly get a like. See how religious people are ignorant and dangerous? They support anything against atheists or that agrees with their religion be it nonsensical or foolish.

Now, explain how the Nazi's were atheistic when
-The German society at the time where dominantly christian
-They all had "God with us on their belts". Even christian crusaders didnt have that on them
-Their leader was a catholic and felt that he was doing "God's work"?

Another lie that you are telling is that "so help me God" is necessary in court as a formality. WRONG. An atheist is allowed to skip that phrase in court.
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 22, 2013
Evil Brain: Religion has held mankind back, no doubt about it. Christianity is probably the worst culprit, but all religions waste peoples time and energy and distract them from doing things that actually benefit them, their families and society.

All the progress mankind has made in the last few centuries has been because we're managed to strip the pastors, imams and witch doctors of all real authority. Nowadays those in power govern strictly by atheistic principles even though they themselves may not be atheists. You don't see any serious minded political leader consulting with prophets or pastors any more (except maybe in Nigeria, but then I said serious minded). Nobody sacrifices animals to prevent disasters, or spends money on churches, mosques or temples expecting that to help anybody other than the pastors and imams (except again, in Nigeria). Serious societies all function under the assumption that there is no god, devil or spirits.

And it is working

Thank you for contribution...you said that all the progress man made in the last few centuries was because mankind put away religious powers..i want to disagree with that..it is in the 21century that man is indirectly ignoring religion and before the 21century(i cant get the exact timing because of today) countries like france, england,wales, america etc were highly developed then and still had religious beliefs..today america still has 'God bless america' imprinted on the dollar, they still chant God bless america especially when down..america still believe in a God but they are developed because they didnt wait for God to come from heaven to develop the country for them unlike what we are doing in Africa esp nigeria..we are practicing religion wrongly and want God to do everything for us(pray for electricity to improve, pray to get a husband, pray to be a millionaire, pray that corruption should die etc)...i dont even think that the whites that brought religion to africa prayed the way we are praying today(am not saying we should not pray, but lets also work to achieve success instead of sitting down expecting God to slam all the corrupt leaders and other problems to the ground)
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by RayMcBlue(m): 8:00am On Sep 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

One can see why human progress is being hindered by religion. This guy tells an outright lie that Nazis were atheistic and he gets a total of 5 likes! The other commonsense comments by others hardly get a like. See how religious people are ignorant and dangerous? They support anything against atheists or that agrees with their religion be it nonsensical or foolish.

I didn't beg for likes. In fact I posted without any intention of getting a like simply because I wasn't gunning for one, I was merely being honest. I'm not against atheism and my comments weren't intended to be. I'm simply a realist first, before anything else. You can construed my posts as nonsensical because it didn't agreed with your views, but then that's just your opinion. Others that went for the like button didn't share it, and I think you should respect that. Thank you.

Logicboy03: Now, explain how the Nazi's were atheistic when

Before the world wars started, true, but somewhere in the middle of the chaos, the core of Nazism ideology contested the mere ideal of it. The Third Reich was an ambition, a dream to create a dominate race of blonde, blue eyed humans that would control the world. Does that sound Christ-like to you? I don't think so.

There are documented accounts of Nazis extermination of Christians that didn't accept their ideologies, that took place inside several churches, scattered between Poland, Italy and Germany.
A sacrilege in a Christian world, but then again, the Nazis would have to be Christians themselves to honour that code. I don't know much about religion, but I know since the time of the Spanish inquisition, Christians don't kill their own, just because they disagree on something.

Nazis from all the evidences lying around if you bother to look hard enough are anything but religious, mate.

Logicboy03: -They all had "God with us on their belts". Even christian crusaders didnt have that on them

Just like I said before in my previous post, it was merely a slogan. A metaphor projecting their supremacy to their adversaries.

Logicboy03: -Their leader was a catholic and felt that he was doing "God's work"?

Adolf Hitler was merely a mad man that was given a religious upbringing, nothing more. He made a famous speech at height of his power, admiring the Japanese for their true atheism and proclaiming the Third Reich not suitable for Christianity.

Logicboy03: Another lie that you are telling is that "so help me God" is necessary in court as a formality. WRONG. An atheist is allowed to skip that phrase in court.

Maybe it had been modified, but it wasn't always so. Atheist and theist used to pledge the oaths in full, regardless of ones belief.

You kept scratching the surface...

3 Likes

Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Now, explain how the Nazi's were atheistic when
-They all had "God with us on their belts". Even christian crusaders didnt have that on them
-Their leader was a catholic and felt that he was doing "God's work"?

Another lie that you are telling is that "so help me God" is necessary in court as a formality. WRONG. An atheist is allowed to skip that phrase in court.

C'mon logic boy..get ya head out of the likes and focus on the thread..BTW how do you know that the likes were from religious sects and not from another?..it may come from anywhere. I recollect when @nnofaith(athiest) gave his own suggestion here Troll was swift to rebuke him and since then he didnt say a word..one thing we should know is that we agree to disagree and we disagree to agree..christains also disagree..muslims and pagans too..so there is nothing wrong if a fellow athiest disagrees with you on a particular discussion..if he is wrong then show him and let the discussion continue to be neutral.

1 Like

Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Shyeikulislam1(m): 8:39am On Sep 22, 2013
Even the athiests believe in a diety. May b i will write a thread on that
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 22, 2013
joel lala:

C'mon logic boy..get ya head out of the likes and focus on the thread..BTW how do you know that the likes were from religious sects and not from another?..it may come from anywhere. I recollect when @nnofaith(athiest) gave his own suggestion here Troll was swift to rebuke him and since then he didnt say a word..one thing we should know is that we agree to disagree and we disagree to agree..christains also disagree..muslims and pagans too..so there is nothing wrong if a fellow athiest disagrees with you on a particular discussion..if he is wrong then show him and let the discussion continue to be neutral.

You are not serious.

Did I not tell him why his statement is a lie? Why are you telling me to show him why he is wrong when I clearly did that?
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 22, 2013
joel lala:

Thank you for contribution...you said that all the progress man made in the last few centuries was because mankind put away religious powers..i want to disagree with that..it is in the 21century that man is indirectly ignoring religion and before the 21century(i cant get the exact timing because of today) countries like france, england,wales, america etc were highly developed then and still had religious beliefs..today america still has 'God bless america' imprinted on the dollar, they still chant God bless america especially when down..america still believe in a God but they are developed because they didnt wait for God to come from heaven to develop the country for them unlike what we are doing in Africa esp nigeria..we are practicing religion wrongly and want God to do everything for us(pray for electricity to improve, pray to get a husband, pray to be a millionaire, pray that corruption should die etc)...i dont even think that the whites that brought religion to africa prayed the way we are praying today(am not saying we should not pray, but lets also work to achieve success instead of sitting down expecting God to slam all the corrupt leaders and other problems to the ground)

Nonsense and lies again.

They did not always have "in God we trust" on their dollars. Most christians dont know this because they just believe without thinking that America is a christian country. Remember that America has a secular constitution upon which it was founded
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 22, 2013
Ray McBlue:

I didn't beg for likes. In fact I posted without any intention of getting a like simply because I wasn't gunning for one, I was merely being honest. I'm not against atheism and my comments weren't intended to be. I'm simply a realist first, before anything else. You can construed my posts as nonsensical because it didn't agreed with your views, but then that's just your opinion. Others that went for the like button didn't share it, and I think you should respect that. Thank you.

Before the world wars started, true, but somewhere in the middle of the chaos, the core of Nazism ideology contested the mere ideal of it. The Third Reich was an ambition, a dream to create a dominate race of blonde, blue eyed humans that would control the world. Does that sound Christ-like to you? I don't think so.

There are documented accounts of Nazis extermination of Christians that didn't accept their ideologies, that took place inside several churches, scattered between Poland, Italy and Germany.
A sacrilege in a Christian world, but then again, the Nazis would have to be Christians themselves to honour that code. I don't know much about religion, but I know since the time of the Spanish inquisition, Christians don't kill their own, just because they disagree on something.

Nazis from all the evidences lying around if you bother to look hard enough are anything but religious, mate.

Just like I said before in my previous post, it was merely a slogan. A metaphor projecting their supremacy to their adversaries.

Adolf Hitler was merely a mad man that was given a religious upbringing, nothing more. He made a famous speech at height of his power, admiring the Japanese for their true atheism and proclaiming the Third Reich not suitable for Christianity.

Maybe it had been modified, but it wasn't always so. Atheist and theist used to pledge the oaths in full, regardless of ones belief.

You kept scratching the surface...

Even more nonsense.

Hitler admired the Japanese for their true atheism? Why do you lie?
Hitler was an atheist? Another lie
Nazism replaced catholicism? Yet the catholic church was in support of Hitler?

Guy, you are someone willing to lie in order to win the argument. I got no time for that
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by RayMcBlue(m): 8:50am On Sep 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Even more nonsense.

Hitler admired the Japanese for their true atheism? Why do you lie?
Hitler was an atheist? Another lie
Nazism replaced catholicism? Yet the catholic church was in support of Hitler?

Guy, you are someone willing to lie in order to win the argument. I got no time for that

Have it your way. Just remember that Google is your friend. Everything I said can be found in Google if you know where to look. Good day.
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 22, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Have it your way. Just remember that Google is your friend. Everything I said can be found in Google if you know where to look. Good day.

Bullsheit. Google opposes you. Hitler was a catholic. Game over
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 22, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Ehem
https://www.nairaland.com/1448901/atheist-hangout-update-atheist-sermon
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Nonsense and lies again.

They did not always have "in God we trust" on their dollars. Most christians dont know this because they just believe without thinking that America is a christian country. Remember that America has a secular constitution upon which it was founded

Please why does obama say 'God bless America' if they didnt believe in a God or something..also the american dollar still carries 'in God we trust'..BTW i never said america is a christain country..wake up bro.
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 22, 2013
joel lala:

Please why does obama say 'God bless America' if they didnt believe in a God or something..also the american dollar still carries 'in God we trust'..wake up bro.

You think Obama cares about the bible god? Watch this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUbf3purr_E
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 22, 2013
joel lala:

Please why does obama say 'God bless America' if they didnt believe in a God or something..also the american dollar still carries 'in God we trust'..BTW i never said america is a christain country..wake up bro.

A christian president in a secular govt. Not bad

Obama is a secular christian!
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 22, 2013
ifeness:

You think Obama cares about the bible god? Watch this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUbf3purr_E

I dont care if obama doesnt care about the bible God..what i know is that Obama still says'God bless america' till today..until he keep saying that the video is irrelevant to me.
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

A christian president in a secular govt. Not bad

Obama is a secular christian!

Not only obama made the statement even George bush said it and a whole lot of past president.
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 22, 2013
joel lala:

Not only obama made the statement even George bush said it and a whole lot of past president.

makes no difference
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Delafruita(m): 9:36am On Sep 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

See slave. Did the white man come to see warring tribes in Nigeria? lol.....think again. When they came, they met a peaceful African society which they dominated and colonized.

Saudi Arabia and Qatar will look developed to ignorant people like you. There are measures- Human Development Index and the Global peace index. Go ad look where these countries rank.

What you see are palaces and gold cars that are affordable by the princes and the rich. Go and look at poverty in Saudi Arabia before you talk.

Religion will always remain one of the best systems for division and inequality
nigeria and indeed africa was never peaceful before the white man came.history is filled with tales of the wars waged by the ashante empire,the songhai,oyo,benin,egbas,the maghrebs and many more.infact slave trade flourished only because africans already practised slave trade and waged wars to acquire slaves and lands
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 22, 2013
Delafruita: nigeria and indeed africa was never peaceful before the white man came.history is filled with tales of the wars waged by the ashante empire,the songhai,oyo,benin,egbas,the maghrebs and many more[b].infact slave trade flourished only because africans already practised slave trade and waged wars to acquire slaves and lands[/b]

Okay, correction, the wars that you mention, we long before the Europeans came. Some exaggerated by tales of the dominant tribes. These wars were nothing on the scale of those in Europe at the time.

Sorry, but from the south south in Nigeria, there was hardly any practice of slave trade. Enemies were killed by beheadings. No prison for captives. What were slaves needed for? A man simply needed his polygamous family of wives and children to farm.

Which chains did they have? Did they know proper use of iron at the time? A slave could easily run to the bush and escape to a neighbouring village
Re: How Will The World Look Without Religion Or Belief In God by Delafruita(m): 9:59am On Sep 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Okay, correction, the wars that you mention, we long before the Europeans came. Some exaggerated by tales of the dominant tribes. These wars were nothing on the scale of those in Europe at the time.

Sorry, but from the south south in Nigeria, there was hardly any practice of slave trade. Enemies were killed by beheadings. No prison for captives. What were slaves needed for? A man simply needed his polygamous family of wives and children to farm.

Which chains did they have? Did they know proper use of iron at the time? A slave could easily run to the bush and escape to a neighbouring village
iits true many tales of war were exagerrated but that doesnt mean there were no wars.africans were warriors long before the white man came.infact,it was a noble thing to be a warrior hence there was always the desire to prove mettle in battle even if it meant starting one.

the only reason the scale was different from that in europe is because of the lower pace of advancement.while the whiteman had discovered gunpowder and was using dynamites,the blackman was carving spears and arrows.

slavery back then was a means of getting cheap labour.a man cant repay a debt,he becomes a slave to work it off. the practise of slavery was practised on a code similar to honour among thieves.slaves were most times taken as captive of war and taken to a different country.they could earn their freedom and return to their land but even as at then,they almost didnt ever know the way to their homes. those killed are those termed as useless for farmwork. the slave masters didnt want the burden of feeding them.

doesnt matter what mechanism was used to enforce the slavery,truth is slavery was common all over africa and the present south south was not an exception.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! The Biggest Christian City In Iraq is Under Serious Persecution! / My Semen Is A Sacred Holy Milk - Pastor Makes Members Suck His Manhood In Church / Famous Scientists Who Believed In God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.