Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,442 members, 7,971,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:39 PM

BBM On Android And Related Issues - Phones (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BBM On Android And Related Issues (202676 Views)

Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions / BBM on iPhone and related issues / How Can I Used BBM On Wifi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by fatfatty: 8:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
Fake BBM app back on play store. O sun mi o wink
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Krak(m): 8:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
King_bilo:

Postponed not cancelled

Maybe...but that is for the new owners to decide. The launch may actually have been a negotiation gamble by Blackberry.

Anyway, just my thought.
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Kingbilo(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2013
Krak:

Maybe...but that is for the new owners to decide. The launch may actually have been a negotiation gamble by Blackberry.

Anyway, just my thought.

You might be right. The stir from the bbm app must have helped facilitate this deal. I dunno if it was premeditated from RIM sha
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Kaylasc0tt(f): 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
U guys should not put all ur minds on bbm.. i hrd android users uses instalgram now.. me sef,i neva see d phones wey get am.. How does it work?.. one of my friends insulted me.dat i shud upgrade from bbm to instalgram.. d tin pain me eh.. I wan know wetin special for dat instalgram..
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by ojeffo: 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
fatfatty: Fake BBM app back on play store. O sun mi o wink
U are right...I even saw one chukwuemeka's review saying d app is cool..u sure say no be naija boys dey upload those craps

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Jeffy1206(m): 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
joudini:

You probably think folks at BB are this business naive, eh? Wait for your shocker.
be waiting then!!
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Kaylasc0tt(f): 9:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
kiss android users shud take heart.. then save money and get a bb..cos with d look of tinz. bbm is meant for only blackberry.. even if its now available for android users..it'l be damn expensive to manage..
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by jreyez(m): 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
Kaylasc0tt: kiss android users shud take heart.. then save money and get a bb..cos with d look of tinz. bbm is meant for only blackberry.. even if its now available for android users..it'l be damn expensive to manage..

Onye abu onu angry
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Kingbilo(m): 9:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/09/bbm-android-iphone-update/?CPID=SOC_C_WW_TW1379968214

New blog from head of BBM. The app will be released. It has been postponed but will not come out this week. Make una go sleep lol see below:

Hi Android and iPhone users,

This is Andrew Bocking, head of BBM at BlackBerry. As a follow up to our first blog post on Saturday, I want to take a moment to provide you with an update on the rollout of BBM on Android and iPhone.

Last week, an unreleased, older version of the BBM for Android app was posted on numerous file sharing sites. We were aware of an issue with this unreleased version of the BBM for Android app. This older version resulted in volumes of data traffic orders of magnitude higher than normal for each active user and impacted the system in abnormal ways. The version we were planning to release on Saturday addressed these issues, however we could not block users of the unreleased version if we went ahead with the launch.

We attempted to address the problems caused by the unreleased version throughout the day on Saturday, but as active users of the unreleased app neared a million – and accelerated – it became clear that the only way to address the issue was to pause the rollout for both Android and iPhone.

The team is now focused on adjusting the system to completely block this unreleased version of the Android app when we go live with the official BBM for Android app. We are also making sure that the system is reinforced to handle this kind of scenario in the future. While this may sound like a simple task – it’s not. This will take some time and I do not anticipate launching this week.
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Rexphobia(m): 9:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hi Android and iPhone users,

This is Andrew Bocking, head of BBM at BlackBerry. As a follow up to our first blog post on Saturday, I want to take a moment to provide you with an update on the rollout of BBM on Android and iPhone.

Last week, an unreleased, older version of the BBM for Android app was posted on numerous file sharing sites. We were aware of an issue with this unreleased version of the BBM for Android app. This older version resulted in volumes of data traffic orders of magnitude higher than normal for each active user and impacted the system in abnormal ways. The version we were planning to release on Saturday addressed these issues, however we could not block users of the unreleased version if we went ahead with the launch.

We attempted to address the problems caused by the unreleased version throughout the day on Saturday, but as active users of the unreleased app neared a million – and accelerated – it became clear that the only way to address the issue was to pause the rollout for both Android and iPhone.

The team is now focused on adjusting the system to completely block this unreleased version of the Android app when we go live with the official BBM for Android app. We are also making sure that the system is reinforced to handle this kind of scenario in the future. While this may sound like a simple task – it’s not. This will take some time and I do not anticipate launching this week.

Thank you for your patience while we take the time needed to deliver the experience you expect from BBM. We will continue to provide you with updates here on InsideBlackBerry.com and through @BBM on Twitter. We will notify everyone who has pre-registered on BBM.com when BBM is available on Android and iPhone.

Andrew Bocking
EVP, BBM

Source: http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/09/bbm-android-iphone-update/?CPID=SOC_C_WW_TW1379968214

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by omoelu1(m): 9:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
c as dem do android users strong thing..
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by timpaker(m): 9:56pm On Sep 23, 2013

Fvck BBM!!!!!
Mtcheeeew!
**'unfollows' thread**
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by biomedixexcel(m): 10:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Lol...... Laughing in Ekiti dialect

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Jeffy1206(m): 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
sounds to me lyk dey want to surprise us by de release... wat a mess bb u had beta b jokin wit wat u are saying o!! mtcheeww.
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by AmiableJay(m): 11:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:

Replied u
Bro, abeg me too. Thanx (jagbaakin@yahoo.com)
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 24, 2013
well, all my available iPhones for sale come with BBM installed…..

my PIN is 75adee3d.

oh sorry…. u never get PIN….. grin grin grin grin grin

u can use whatsapp---- 08053250698

u no get whatsapp

ok, mail tumababa247@yahoo.com.

check signature for more info

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 24, 2013
Kaylasc0tt: kiss android users shud take heart.. then save money and get a bb..cos with d look of tinz. bbm is meant for only blackberry.. even if its now available for android users..it'l be damn expensive to manage..

u might be right about d cost for android users (low end device users especially) but for iPhone users, data plan money no b problem... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 24, 2013
Rexphobia: Hi Android and iPhone users,

Thank you for your patience while we take the time needed to deliver the experience you expect from BBM. We will continue to provide you with updates here on InsideBlackBerry.com and through @BBM on Twitter. We will notify everyone who has pre-registered on BBM.com when BBM is available on Android and iPhone.

Andrew Bocking
EVP, BBM

Source: http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/09/bbm-android-iphone-update/?CPID=SOC_C_WW_TW1379968214

these guys are mumu, what would it cost to just tell people to update their BBM if they had previously downloaded the beta version.

3 Likes

Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by buchito1(m): 7:21am On Sep 24, 2013
tumababa:

u might be right about d cost for android users (low end device users especially) but for iPhone users, data plan money no b problem... grin grin grin
Omo wich iphone dey ground now? Nd abeg which subscription u dey use for ya iphone?
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by realteflon(m): 7:47am On Sep 24, 2013
My BBM pin:7903f7e9. On Android
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by khaynoni(m): 8:04am On Sep 24, 2013
Already rooted TECNO Q1 for sale, useful apps and interesting games installed, cwm recovery to restore your phone to normal in case of brick and lots more. For interested buyer based in ibadan, here is my whatsapp contact 07087042119. 10,000 naira only.
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by samieiyke(m): 8:14am On Sep 24, 2013
http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/09/bbm-android-iphone-update/?CPID=SOC_C_WW_TW1379968214

Read more about bbm for all here and get the real gist (not speculations from peeps who don't know Jack)

Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by ewizard1: 8:36am On Sep 24, 2013
teeo:

these guys are mumu, what would it cost to just tell people to update their BBM if they had previously downloaded the beta version.

Thank you my broda... Let dem just shut up with the stupid excuse they gave. Besides, if the paused it because 1.1million got on BBM with a leaked app and causing server disorder, if it was launched on PlayStore, how many would have got on BBM? The server house go just blow because after 1.1million don get BBM, almost another millions never see the apk download sef.
Whatever suits them...

I think the new BlackBerry buyer wants it back and no cross platform, twas why they withdrew.
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 24, 2013
real-teflon:
My BBM pin:7903f7e9. On Android
so your own is still working? are u sure?

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 24, 2013
buchito1: Omo wich iphone dey ground now? Nd abeg which subscription u dey use for ya iphone?

abeg bros, just try go my section, make i no too derail d thread. but me dey use 1k glo plan and 24hrs swift plan at home, with 3k 6gig airtel bis plan in my mobile wifi. anyway which way, one must work
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 24, 2013
young-dude:
abeg who here is using airtel BSM OF N1200 (1GB cap). does it still works on laptop? pls dont reply if you are not sure ooo before i lose my money.

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by wolfenstein(m): 8:50am On Sep 24, 2013
ewizard1:

Thank you my broda... Let dem just shut up with the stupid excuse they gave. Besides, if the paused it because 1.1million got on BBM with a leaked app and causing server disorder, if it was launched on PlayStore, how many would have got on BBM? The server house go just blow because after 1.1million don get BBM, almost another millions never see the apk download sef.
Whatever suits them...

I think the new BlackBerry buyer wants it back and no cross platform, twas why they withdrew.
If they don't want it cross platform then dey would ve blocked everybody including those ppl using it on iPhone. They r only lazy nd can't handle an ordinary 1.1million hype
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 24, 2013
The app had issues from the onset but the fact that it was compartible with normal BB users was a good step. I was actually pinging my friends on BB phones all I was expecting from RIM was to fix the bugs and upload an upgraded messenger for us to update simple. That's what saner app developers do.

More reason why I would never buy a blackberry phone. Android things on point.
Re: BBM On Android And Related Issues by kunads: 9:08am On Sep 24, 2013
The main reason why BlackBerry delays official BBM app for Android, iOS
BlackBerry can't seem to catch a break.
The company was set to release its long-awaited BlackBerry Messenger client for Android and iOS devices this past weekend, but a little monkey wrench curtailed those plans.
Details http://dynatechnologynews..com/2013/09/blackberry-delays-official-bbm-app-for.html

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (93) (Reply)

10 Types Of Smartphone Displays, Touchscreens / How To Download ANY YOUTUBE VIDEO Using Your Blackberry / Samsung Official Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.