Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,742 members, 7,882,549 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:30 AM

My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo (2287 Views)

Banky W Working With Cobhams Asuquo On New Album. / Cobhams Asuquo, Wife And Kid / Cobhams Asuquo Weds His Sweetheart Ojuola Olukanni(with Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by Cutesthunk(m): 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
MY ENCOUNTER WITH COBHAMS
ASUQUO- I remember vividly
when i went for project fame
auditions 3yrs ago (the one
Chidinma won) i had an
encounter with Cobhams, he's
a blind but extremely talented
musician, i dnt get favourable
comments from him o, but i
got sth that is priceless from
him, here is what i got '' A
BLIND PERSON AINT A MAN
THAT IS VISUALLY IMPAIRED
BUT RATHER A MAN THAT IS
VISION IMPAIRED '' the real
blind fellows are those that
havent discovered their
purpose'' Xo i came to realize
that my purpose wil be in
place if i'm focused,
determined, and connected to
my OGA at the top up up,
Though after my singing,
Cobhams told me that i sing
like an OLD SKOOL SINGER,
gosh! I really felt bad, i had
dreamt of being in the
academy, actually i'm a gud
singer but i dnt knw wat
happnd dat day o, i rehearsed
before going with my guitar,
maybe my best wasnt gud
enough and maybe my choice
of song wasnt on point,
nevertheless i left the audition
venue so confident that i wuld
go places if i DO WHAT I'M
SUPPOSED TO DO! #no
shaking# felt like sharing it
wit u guys......

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by Cutesthunk(m): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2013
Determination counts....
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by pfijacobs(m): 9:11am On Sep 21, 2013
Hmm what can i say? Sewiosly dese reality shows r exxagerated jawe! Thank God it wasnt peak talent show where k.c shouts like a ninja about to ejaculate! Move on improve cos u dnt wana impress nobody buh urself... And y u cum collect 1st to comment 4 ur own thread na? Anyways reply lets musically hook up!

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by Cutesthunk(m): 10:06am On Sep 21, 2013
pfijacobs: Hmm what can i say? Sewiosly dese reality shows r exxagerated jawe! Thank God it wasnt peak talent show where k.c shouts like a ninja about to ejaculate! Move on improve cos u dnt wana impress nobody buh urself... And y u cum collect 1st to comment 4 ur own thread na? Anyways reply lets musically hook up!
thanks pal, me don decide to improve on maself o, no fear at all,oya na, aw we go take hook up musically?
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by spicyv1(f): 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
A blind person aint a man that is visually impaired but rather a man that is vision impaired.

Seriously? You learnt this from the great Cobhams himself? I very much doubt that! He must have said:

A blind person is NOT someone who is vision impaired but someone who is ONLY visually impaired.

That being said, I think that these talent discovery tv shows are wonderful platforms that really talented people can leverage on to showcase their unique gifts. I mean a lot of our celebrated artistes ( Omawumi, Iyanya, Chidinma but to mention a few) would probably have remained unknown and struggling to catch a glimpse of the limelight. So just keep pushing on and trying out on more auditions cos you never know from whence the big break would come.

Look at DJ Switch the winner of the whopping sum of #24million and a recording deal with Sony music, courtesy of the just concluded Glo X-factor tv show. That young gal didn't just start, that show wasn't her first either, but now, her life is changed forever!

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by Cutesthunk(m): 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
spicy v: A blind person aint a man that is visually impaired but rather a man that is vision impaired.

Seriously? You learnt this from the great Cobhams himself? I very much doubt that! He must have said:

A blind person is NOT someone who is vision impaired but someone who is ONLY visually impaired.

That being said, I think that these talent discovery tv shows are wonderful platforms that really talented people can leverage on to showcase their unique gifts. I mean a lot of our celebrated artistes ( Omawumi, Iyanya, Chidinma but to mention a few) would probably have remained unknown and struggling to catch a glimpse of the limelight. So just keep pushing on and trying out on more auditions cos you never know from whence the big break would come.

Look at DJ Switch the winner of the whopping sum of #24million and a recording deal with Sony music, courtesy of the just concluded Glo X-factor tv show. That young gal didn't just start, that show wasn't her first either, but now, her life is changed forever!
Spicy, you are right, i'm not disputing that fact, but i'm talking from another angle totally different from yours but it still boils down to the same thing......the issue here is 'contextual meaning of the word 'blind'...i dnt quite agree with you on my part cuz u dnt understand wat i meant, try to understand me, being blind physically or naturally is the ''being visually impaired'', the usage of ''blind'' has a totally different contextual meaning from the recognized meaning, ''blind'' here is those that can see or can't see physically yet have no sense of purpose....you getting it? Alright, but your take is that being blind literally doesnt make one not to be able to fufil their dreams, now thats your angle...okay? I'M ATTRIBUTING VISIONARY QUALITIES TO THOSE THAT HAVE A SENSE OF PURPOSE WHETHER THEY ARE LITERALLY BLIND OR NOT, ON THE CONTRARY, THOSE WITHOUT A SENSE OF PURPOSE ARE THE ONES THAT ARE BLIND i'm not an english student o, but i'm absolutely sure of what i just pointed out.... the important thing is my message, i've painted the picture that you can have ur eyes opened yet ur visionary eyes SHUT.....thus, A BLIND PERSON(the man with no sense of purpose) IS NOT the man that is VISUALLY IMPAIRED(blind physically or naturally) but the MAN THAT IS VISION IMPAIRED! Pls understand my point, you're also right, but we have different perspective of this.....nevertheless thanks a million, I'm grateful for the encouragement, i'l unrelentingly work hard, i've had a glimpse of where am going , xo i cnt afford to spend my time miserably, thanks dearie

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by spicyv1(f): 12:38am On Sep 22, 2013
Oh yeah! I totally get your point and now that I do, I kinda not only agree with your perspective but really like it.

Wish you the best as you relentlessly pursue your dreams.

Btw, are you based in Abj? Do you have any "joint" you think is really cool, you can send it to cool fm radio, they got this show called play or stop. It helps promote up and coming artistes.
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by Cutesthunk(m): 8:54am On Sep 22, 2013
spicy v: Oh yeah! I totally get your point and now that I do, I kinda not only agree with your perspective but really like it.

Wish you the best as you relentlessly pursue your dreams.

Btw, are you based in Abj? Do you have any "joint" you think is really cool, you can send it to cool fm radio, they got this show called play or stop. It helps promote up and coming artistes.
thanks xo xo much, ur encouragement really lifted my spirit and i'l do what you suggested.....
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by Double194(m): 9:29am On Sep 22, 2013
My nigga keep the flame burning, keep hustling and JƱڪτ̲̅ like Mikel yesterday God will finally bless ur hustle. It may take time but it will finally come.
Remember. Keep working on ur self. xoxo
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by Cutesthunk(m): 11:40am On Sep 22, 2013
Double194: My nigga keep the flame burning, keep hustling and JƱڪτ̲̅ like Mikel yesterday God will finally bless ur hustle. It may take time but it will finally come.
Remember. Keep working on ur self. xoxo
God bles u pal, i'll really work and pray
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by pfijacobs(m): 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
Yo bro! I'm in lag wer r u and wah kinda music do u do?
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by Cutesthunk(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
pfijacobs: Yo bro! I'm in lag wer r u and wah kinda music do u do?
.....r and b, gospel and soul......,..i dey lag too
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by pfijacobs(m): 5:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
Wow.. Allryt.. I'm in surulere.. I happen to do d same genres u mentioned... Wer u @?
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by Cutesthunk(m): 8:19pm On Sep 22, 2013
pfijacobs: Wow.. Allryt.. I'm in surulere.. I happen to do d same genres u mentioned... Wer u @?
...abulegba....actually i'm lookn for sum1 dat cn mentor me in all tins abt music, u
a producer or up and coming artiste?
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by pfijacobs(m): 11:56am On Sep 23, 2013
Kinda do both.. But i nid mentoring too... Can u send ur number to pfijacobs@yahoo.com.
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by Cutesthunk(m): 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
pfijacobs: Kinda do both.. But i nid mentoring too... Can u send ur number to pfijacobs@yahoo.com.
07062305558, 08090621179,
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
Cobhams is blind Jesus!
Wasnt he the music director in the just concluded MTN PF?? I did not notice ooo
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by sambaba32yaho: 10:19am On Oct 09, 2013
I no one dey you go make us prude...
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by Cutesthunk(m): 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
BushyA55.Banger:
Cobhams is blind Jesus!
Wasnt he the music director in the just concluded MTN PF?? I did not notice ooo
...yea, he was blind from childhood, but the man dey loaded o boi
Re: My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
Wahali, he doesnt look it

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Meet Fast Rising Actress,queeneth Hilbert / Maheeda Has Finally Gone Crazy! Lol. See The Pic She Tweeted / Always Sexy! Check Out Yvonne Nelson's Pose In New Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.