Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,510 members, 7,904,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 10:31 PM

The Stupidity That Accompanies The Feeling Called Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Stupidity That Accompanies The Feeling Called Love (704 Views)

If There Was Anything Called Love / Feeling Creative? Try Out The Elite Japanese Art Of Haiku. Theme: Nigerian / The Strange Feeling Of Nothing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Stupidity That Accompanies The Feeling Called Love by Dospix(m): 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2013
For between, i could see a long unrelenting expression in form of a labyrinth wrapped around her face;glowing rapidly like

the setting sun.For What i saw wasn't beauty neither was it prettiness at its peak, but instead, she possessed some thing i

call splendorpritism*(a word you shall never find in the dictionary);something very rear to find:her hair dark and glowing,

her skin chocolatic* in color but conspicuously creamy in outlook;she is 21 and so had the body suited for her age; but, her

'behind' and her 'in-front' looked like that of a woman in her ripe age...ohhh! What a Diana! She is in-fact the most well

designed creature i have ever seen. I peered through the window more ambitiously for the fifth time that day, hoping to

have a more uncensored view of the girl that had made sleeping a bad business for me. I would even in my sleep brood about

the distinctiveness of Diana's beauty:how her hair cascades down to her hips; how the rasping movement of her body would

infect any ambitious guy with cervical spondylosis even without steering too hard;how the sereneness of her voice and

expression would melt the heart and garagalistic* reaction of a Perfect existing Jim Iyke . After several adventurous

peering through the window, i would walk around my room, pounding my hands in-between my palm;swinging my hands up-down,

up-down...with a reflective soliloquy running through my mind, capping the escalativeness of my insaness. I felt i had

passed this stage; i felt i was invulnerable to this scam people call love; i felt i shouldn't love because i am compelled

to, but instead,i should love because i want to. But, things would change, yes! things did change after i was wrapped

between the between of Diana Osadebe.
The clasping sound of the keke-napep* i entered did lease me out to the ever busy street of Amechi in Enugu, i alighted to

the magnificency and structural blunder of the street...the opulence of its building, the crispness of its environment,

yet, devoid of thoughtfulness and architectural plan. As i walked, i kept in mind all Nnamdi had instructed me to do, i made

sure my actions and decisions does not in anyway falter his theory of 'how it should be done'. My movement was in line with

the plan: my shoulders highly raised, with my hands broadly sided i walked like a young man whose father owned the world

but was yet to clam ownership of it. I scanned every instruction i had been given to avoid playing the wrong script, then i

realized my trouser was not as it should be worn. I tucked my hands into my pocket stylishly, drew my trouser down till i

was sure my 'Tommy Hilfiger' was conspicuously auctioned to the glaring of all. I had almost gotten to the point where

Nnamdi told me i would find her, when to my surprise i lost it all. I was with absence of my gait and confidence even

without seeing Diana. The structure in which Diana was housed became a Sisyphean mountain that climbing was in no way an

option. I was unable to decipher the rational to my abrupt apprehensiveness even after one week of daily tutorial i

received from Nnamdi. I tried my possible best to be calm so as to beat the tensed way i felt, but the rasping string of

rhythmic echo that sang in my within signified that i was in no way with my right mind.TO avoid any possible peering from

onlookers, i removed my mobile phone from my pocket and glued it to my ear acting like someone who had just received an

urgent call. AS i stood in the open street in my pretensiveness, then came one from from the oval-like shaped white

building, her hair tucked in twist of rococo; her lips painted in red; she wore a red polo v-neck covered with a bolero

jacket and a well fitted blue pencil jeans that made soo obvious the content of her behind. As Diana walked towards my

direction, my heart-beat kept accelerating, i couldn't even stare at her direction talk more of looking into her eyes. I

stood still not even able to string out sentences to properly fake my call. As she briskly passed me, leaving my nostrils

with the sundry taste of her nourishing smell, i found no word the friend needed to get her attention. I kept standing at

my position with my phone pasted to my ears till she ambled with the things she bought from the kiosk just across the road.

I understood the need to resist temptation, but, the thumping movement of Diana's behind was to timely to resist...i was

fascinated by the way it swung, making me to wounder how a girl of this age could be soo endowed. I kept looking till she

varnished into the building. "chai! i don Bleep up, which kind mumuness* be this self?" these words sauntered in my mind.

Realizing that the plausibility of another perfect opportunity to make my move on her was not feasible, I thumped my fist

against my laps and shoved my hands around my head like one who is trying to minimize the effect of an internal pain.
Many ideas ran through my mind on what to do next. i thought of heading back home, but remembering how i had worked soo hard

for this day; the one week fasting i embarked upon, the strenuous work-out i went through and the poetic rehearsed words

Nnamdi made me memorize, it became glaring to me that their was no going back. Unable to come up with a better idea on how

i could get an opportunity to speak to Diana in the building where she was learning how to properly use the computer, i

decided to sit and wait for her at the kiosk where she had just bought some snacks a moment ago, hoping that she might

return back to get some other things. I pleaded to the owner of the shop to allow me spend some time with him while i wait

for my cousin, a request he immediately obliged me. I sat waiting to see Diana walk to my direction, but she never came. I

decided to wait till her learning period elapsed to make a move. 6pm exactly was the time, seven hours after i left my

house in search of the one in whose possession my heart was imprisoned. With her bag strapped to her hands, Diana exited

the building which had the inscription, 'over-comers computer center'. As she walked, her movement had the touch of a model,

like one who is well skilled in art of movement. I waited for two minutes before i followed her, making sure i maintained a

considerable distance from her. I kept stalking her as she walked back home, making sure that i maintained the salubrious

ambiance of the situation. I knew the time was ripe for me to make my move, but the weight i carried within me was too

heavy to be let out that easily. As i stalked, i kept ruminating and soliloquizing on how i would let out the words from my

vocal cavity without shooting the gun to my leg.Time left us behind, so did the moon leave without notifying me;

apparently, the shining light of the moon understood that i didn't need its service any longer, and decided to assign me to

the accompaniment of darkness. Realizing that the moment was right for the move, I paced forward towards Diana like a

hungry wild lion...'hello,hello,hello.'i cried out, but, My words of attention did seem like one that was directed to the

empty sky, because Diana's head was as stiff and un-moving like the statue of liberty.'Atleast she should have turned to

know who is calling,' an expectation that ran within me. 'Excuse me please' i said, as i raced towards Diana's side more

further.'What is it?' she quizzically inquired. the piquancy of her tone and question was something Nnamdi forgot to

include in my script...perhaps, i should have included that myself.' i just have something i truly want to tell you, all i

ask for is five minutes,'i pleaded like one who is short of his transport fair. 'five minutes right? you have it' she

hurriedly said without even letting me reply her question. Here swift attitude had a negative toll on my script; for i

never expected the evening to be as swift as it is. I wanted a day filled with castles built with the words of Shakespeare

and Roger Kipling; I wanted an atmosphere filled with languid expression and definite effulgence. But, things were

different:i gazed at Diana not knowing how to start or what to say, but i knew that i needed to say something to fill up

the empty space my dumbness created. 'I have seen beauty at its best, i have seen individuals with great exceptional-ism in

the art of charisma, i have seen people whose aesthetical component can be compared to none; but yours is atypically

distinctive. You are like neatly stars pitchly arranged to give hope to the downtrodden; you are like the ornament of

flower designed to define the realism of love to the world; you..." gbuza... 'IDIOT' A white flashing light splashed

through my face accompanied by strings of thunderbolt clipped to the both side of my cheek. 'Jesus!' I shouted as i woke up

from my slumber. 'Wetin happen Samuel, why you shout Jesus?' my elder brother inquired. 'hmmmmmm' i exhaled. 'evil spirit

slap me for dream...' When i heard someone open the gate downstairs, i peered through my window to know who it was...on

seeing that it was Amarachi, i smiled and continued my rehearsal.' You are like the bird whose tweeting sound re-echoes the

lost touch of music.'...to be continued

(1) (Reply)

Avoiding Intimacy A Love Story / The Newness Of Life (A New Year Poem) / Call For Entries - Wazobia Women Writers Journal (monthly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.