Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,891 members, 7,918,897 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:17 PM

Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati (11344 Views)

See What This Man Thinks Of Buhari's 33-man Delegation To The US / Amaechi, Bakare, Others On Buhari’s 18-Man Delegation To US - Sahara Reporters / President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by afinic001(m): 10:47am On Sep 23, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Saharareporters challenges President Jonathan to make public the list.. SaharaReporters, however, stands by its story of 600 delegates, which was borne out of thorough investigation.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/state-house-denies-knowledge-hundreds-nigerians-new-york-jonathan-delegation-un-general-as

Lobatan.
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 23, 2013
Im not a jonathan fan, id however say i dont believe he took 600 delegates, dats ridiculous and the $10,000 hotel per night isnt bad for a president, its okay.
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Hamazz1: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2013
Don't worry Mr abati we didn't expect anything less.as usuall it is your job to debunk the truth or atleast reshape it so that it suits your Oga at the top.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Hamazz1: 11:37am On Sep 23, 2013
chris baba: Im not a jonathan fan, id however say i dont believe he took 600 delegates, dats ridiculous and the $10,000 hotel per night isnt bad for a president, its okay.
just hear your self its not bad to stay in a 10$ hotel per night.it is people like u that r encouraging loot in this country if you r talking abt him what of his entourage do u know how. Much they would have spent after 3days.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by MahatmaGhandi: 11:39am On Sep 23, 2013
obailala:

A few years ago they were one of Nigeria's most credible and fearless whistle blowers but all of a sudden because you have a president you love on the throne, their reporting has automatically become 'biased and hate filled'... cheesy Wake up from your slumber my friend, Sahara Reporters did not change; power only shifted hands.

As far as I'm concerned, no matter how ridiculous the stories of SR may sound, there is always an element of truth and the stories end up being perfectly correct 80% of the time. I don't think I can quote such statistics for our government mouth pieces and other media agencies.

since when did elements of truth become truth ? at least you recognise some of their stories are ridiculous. well I wont say they are 80 % correct most of the time as you asserted, but if it is, those eighty % correctness is nothing but elements of truth, this I find disturbing. what the devil told eve in the garden was not a lie, it was just a story with elements of truths. I want to assume you know the story about half truths. what L. Monica told the press about president Clinton was not a lie what she told was stories with elements of truth, the basis on which ken saro wiwa was killed was not a lie, it was a story with elements of truth. my point is, the greatest deceits in history where all delivered with elements of truth. when u said I now have a different opinion because I love the president, well yes I love the president but not anymore than I love you. I try to be as objective as I can and I know many here will agree with me that Sahara reporters lost it somewhere along the line. I will beg you not to go categorising everyone that doesn't follow the trend of throwing stones at the presidents as fans of his, if the president errs I will put it as best I can constructively not destructively. in my humble opinion which I believe I am entitled to Sahara reporters have been trying to give the dog a bad name so that when it is finally hanged eye brows wont be raised.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by theshadyexpress(m): 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mahatma Ghandi:

since when did elements of truth become truth ? at least you recognise some of their stories are ridiculous. well I wont say they are 80 % correct most of the time as you asserted, but if it is, those eighty % correctness is nothing but elements of truth, this I find disturbing. what the devil told eve in the garden was not a lie, it was just a story with elements of truths. I want to assume you know the story about half truths. what L. Monica told the press about president Clinton was not a lie what she told was stories with elements of truth, the basis on which ken saro wiwa was killed was not a lie, it was a story with elements of truth. my point is, the greatest deceits in history where all delivered with elements of truth. when u said I now have a different opinion because I love the president, well yes I love the president but not anymore than I love you. I try to be as objective as I can and I know many here will agree with me that Sahara reporters lost it somewhere along the line. I will beg you not to go categorising everyone that doesn't follow the trend of throwing stones at the presidents as fans of his, if the president errs I will put it as best I can constructively not destructively. in my humble opinion which I believe I am entitled to Sahara reporters have been trying to give the dog a bad name so that when it is finally hanged eye brows wont be raised.
on point,pls educate this people and save them from their state of ignorance and thoughtlessness.
thnx u
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by theshadyexpress(m): 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mahatma Ghandi:

on point,pls educate this people and save them from their state of ignorance and thoughtlessness.
thnx u
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by dtemidare: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hembelembe (how does it concern us)
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by oseo1(m): 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
Quick research on the pierre hotel tells me that the president isn't even staying in the presidential suite, that costs $20k a night, there is actually no room at the pierre that costs 10k a night, so something is fishy somewhere.
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by obailala(m): 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mahatma Ghandi:

I can't agree with you more that half truths could be very dangerous but when we unfortunately live in a society where no truth exists, you will be left with no choice but to accept the half truths and then make what you can of it with your own wisdom.

The fact remains that if Sahara Reporters did not raise this issue, no single media organisation in Nigeria would have been bold enough to mention it and consequently, Nigerians would have been oblivious of this profligacy.

Yes we know SR could sometimes blow issues out of proportion so when I read their stories, I use my wisdom to moderate some of their figures. For instance, GEJ may not have taken a 600-man delegation but based on the SR story and the shallow defence of Mr Abati, I can bet you that delegation will not be less than 200.

...And just to clarify something, a critic of the government reserves the right to be either constructive or destructive. All that matters is that the criticism knocks the government to order.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by ifeanyialaribe: 1:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by theoctopus: 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
obailala:

A few years ago they were one of Nigeria's most credible and fearless whistle blowers but all of a sudden because you have a president you love on the throne, their reporting has automatically become 'biased and hate filled'... cheesy Wake up from your slumber my friend, Sahara Reporters did not change; power only shifted hands.

As far as I'm concerned, no matter how ridiculous the stories of SR may sound, there is always an element of truth and the stories end up being perfectly correct 80% of the time. I don't think I can quote such statistics for our government mouth pieces and other media agencies.

Do you know everything the devil says always has an iota of truth? Go figure!
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by theoctopus: 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
obailala:
...And just to clarify something, a critic of the government reserves the right to be either constructive or destructive. All that matters is that the criticism knocks the government to order.[/color]

The way you post incredibly ignorant statements is alarming. Destructive criticism does not know the government to order. It destroys the country and everything that is in it, including you and the community you live in. Some of you have taken your ignorance to a whole new level. Which investor will want to come to Nigeria if all they read is Sahara Reporters? How will the power sector reforms and privatization have gotten to this level if all they read is Sahara Reporters? How do you hope to achieve Eko Atlantic is all foreigners read is Sahara Reporters? In one breath you go about slagging off the country and pulling it down, in another breath, you go around asking them to come and invest in your mega city. You cannot eat your cake and have it. You folks have become the proverbial child that vows his mother would not sleep. How will you ever see sleep too?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by zeennurei(m): 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
Then he should tell us which country sent delegates morethan Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by drnoel: 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
take dat: Why is Abati jogging down a beaten path? Rehashing worn out lies and playing a semantic game of rhetorical obfuscation. How many people traveled along side the President? How many ministers and state governors traveled with him? Are the ministers and governors with their own aides too? How many are the few essential staff? How many were in the advanced team? SR has its own failings but never trust an ornamented turncoat.

In 2012 when the President traveled to Ethiopia for AU summit, Sahara Reporters laid an allegation of waste and profligate junket against the Presidency and in Abati's rejoinder he claimed the President only traveled with 'one delegation entourage', and also promised to send the list of the delegates who traveled with the President once he got to his hotel room, till date Abati has not been able to release the list.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/press-release/culture-waste-and-insensitivity-and-18th-au-summit-saharareporters-responds-reuben-a

The same excuse he offered during the Adis Ababa Episode was that some Nigerians had traveled to Ethiopia 'unofficially', and in continuation with the Series of lies, he claims many Nigerians who are not part of the President's entourage are 'currently on visits' to New York. This is a country where the president travels with his aides, his aides too will travel with their own aides.
Allow him let him do his job. As long as he is on the right path what do we care but if he misses his steps and derails then u can tear him apart, we won't stop ya.
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by BekeeBuAgbara: 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
zeen nurei: Then he should tell us which country sent delegates morethan Nigeria
If he does not tell you, what would you do?
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Guyman02: 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
According to Abati, the truth is that less than 30 persons arrived in New York with the President this morning as members of his entourage. Other than them, the only other persons who are in New York for the UN General Assembly with the President’s knowledge and approval are relevant ministers and few essential aides.

Walahi these few essential aides and their girl friends fit reach 7000 sef.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Rossikk(m): 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
gerald09:
Na wa oh a President of Africans largest, oil producing country and u expect my president to stay in "Queens" or probably a shack hotel in wart or Brooklyn. As long as its d president staying in dat Hotel am kool with it, dats the pucks of being president of an oil country.

Since u bring this up what kind of Hotel were u planning on him to stay?

Honestly, I've given up on some of these 'critics'. So they actually expect Jonathan the stay at the same $300 a night hotels that you and I stay in in New York and elsewhere? Do they even realise what it means to be the president of Africa's most populous nation, second largest economy, and biggest oil and gas producer? I mean, sometimes it's probably just best to ignore them. Oh and SAHARA REPORTERS, IF HE WENT TO NY WITH 60,000 FOLKS it's his prerogative as the president, and if you have a problem, go jump in the FCKING lagoon.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Chomzy19(f): 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hamazz1: just hear your self its not bad to stay in a 10$ hotel per night.it is people like u that r encouraging loot in this country if you r talking abt him what of his entourage do u know how. Much they would have spent after 3days.
no sir u hear urself, so d president shld stay in abt a $3-5,000 Hotel room because he wants to save money for Nigerians...Nooo, he shld nt stay in d kind of Hotels d president of other countries are staying in(even poorer) Countries, he shld go n pay 4 a lowly hotel Room. So u hypocrites won't think he is overspending...D president of A Rich Country like Nigeria, D giant of Africa in a cheap hotel Room? Walahi u haters of GEJ hv truly outdone urselfs... All in d Bid to castigate his everymove u End up sounding Ridiculous
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by babuji(f): 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
Abati should have come up with a more believable reply. You debunk allegations with verifiable facts and figures and not with vague info.

Maybe he is tired.
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by bkoy: 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
take dat: You are quick to ask for proof when GEJ is concerned but quick to pass judgment if it was the opposition.

*What of the proof/clue that the President is staying at the Pierre Hotel? SR gave this clue to buttress her story, and Abati did not refute the claim in his rejoinder.

*What of the proof/clue that the President is lodged in a suit that costs $10,000 per night? Abati kept mum on this as well.

You claim the onus is on SR to provide proof? Did Abati and co not debunk SR proof on Patience Jonathan's health saga? Did Abati not promise to release the list of those who traveled to Ethiopia and has not done that till date? If SR publishes the list, some will still claim its fictitious, crying bucket full of tears and hovering on top of GEJ's excrement mound simply because they believe the 'Presidency can do no wrong'.

BTW, a serious government would have released the names of those who traveled along side the President. Abi no be government dey mouth platitude about openness and transparency?

D only tin Abati is challenging is d number of delegates which simply means evryoda allegation(s) is true
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by bkoy: 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
YarisMan: ''Other than them, the
only other persons who are in New York for the
UN General Assembly with the President’s
knowledge and approval are relevant ministers
and few essential aides.

President Jonathan’s official delegation is
definitely not out of proportion with Nigeria’s
size, role and relevance in Africa and the global
community.''

Did anybody notice that Abati is stylishly justifying SR reports by not giving us the exact number.
Mr Abati, pls give us the total number nah.
Wether you the boot lickers like it or not, Saharareporters' success far more outweigh their failures if any. During the days of Yaradua, they always get his itinerary right to the extent that the State house staff were compelled to swear an oath of secrecy. We need more of such for this kind of Nigerian government even to the level of local government.

Abati thinks we are all dumb. D number of delegates he didn't mention o.
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by maasoap(m): 5:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
awodman:
Oh they are not there for UN general assembly but to shop,yet they are on the president's entourage...pls stop boring us with your personal idiosyncracy and beliefs
Are you a learner or what?
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by taharqa: 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
obailala:
I can't agree with you more that half truths could be very dangerous but when we unfortunately live in a society where no truth exists, you will be left with no choice but to accept the half truths and then make what you can of it with your own wisdom.

The fact remains that if Sahara Reporters did not raise this issue, no single media organisation in Nigeria would have been bold enough to mention it and consequently, Nigerians would have been oblivious of this profligacy.

Yes we know SR could sometimes blow issues out of proportion so when I read their stories, I use my wisdom to moderate some of their figures. For instance, GEJ may not have taken a 600-man delegation but based on the SR story and the shallow defence of Mr Abati, I can bet you that delegation will not be less than 200.

...And just to clarify something, a critic of the government reserves the right to be either constructive or destructive. All that matters is that the criticism knocks the government to order.
Just hear yrself: so Destructive criticism 'knocks the Govt to order'?... Too many DONKEYs around *smh*
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by CHIPPO1: 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
Its amazing how Nigerians encourage mediocrity, can't u guys think? We have a wasteful and corrupt govt. Yet people are saying 'fresh Air'............may be u need to visit some African country to know the extent of decay in Nigeria ...not even Europe........leaders of tomorrow indeed!
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
The last time Abati told us he would provide the list of people who traveled once he gets to his hotel room

We are still waiting
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by DanAnyiam: 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
dridowu: I neva 4 1ce belive ds 600 delegation but i want to belive that d number is higher than the 30 members
That is the problem and the mainly of Jonathan and his turn-coats like Abati. The only way you refute an allegation is through facts and figures. Like someone said, the last time Abati promised us the official list of Nigerian junket, many months has passed and we are still waiting. Even if Sahara reporters are wrong, how on earth someone like me will believe Abati, going by his past record of producing the fact? He is hoping like in the past, this will just go away until next time.
During the olympic or commonwealth games, Nigerian officials travels with their wives, let alone the president. People like Abati should know that days are gone when his moribund newspapers dictates the news and tell it as they sees fit.
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by DanAnyiam: 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
taharqa: Just hear yrself: so Destructive criticism 'knocks the Govt to order'?... Too many DONKEYs around *smh*
As long as Nigeria is concerned, no criticism can be viewed as destructive, as past record shows that we are always right after all with our suspicion of them.
Jonathan government from day one, has problem with facts and figures or telling the truth. How can we forget Abati and his truth about Mrs Jonathan resting abroad on holiday and Sharareporters as liars, only for her to tell us months later that she has been resurrected from the dead?
And Abati still kept his job. Tell me which country in a democracy that will keep him after that blatant lies to the nation you supposed to be serving?
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by DanAnyiam: 6:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
babuji: Abati should have come up with a more believable reply. You debunk allegations with verifiable facts and figures and not with vague info.

Maybe he is tired.
If he is tired, I am sure there are millions of Nigerians that will do it better for a quarter of what they pay him for being tired.
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by obailala(m): 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
taharqa: Just hear yrself: so Destructive criticism 'knocks the Govt to order'?... Too many DONKEYs around *smh*
It seems like the word 'destructive' gets you excited in a negative way. I suggest you study the true meaning of destructive criticism especially in the political arena.

Imagine a child in primary school scores 0% in a test and the teacher calls the child a good for nothing 'olodo.' That may sound dumb on the teacher's part but there is no denying the fact that the embarrassment could likely knock the child to order... This is a petty example of destructive criticism.

As I rightly said earlier, inasmuch as we all know it's better to criticise constructively, everyone reserves a right to choose how they wish to criticise and I also still maintain that in certain issues, destructive criticism could produce positive results.

theoctopus:

The way you post incredibly ignorant statements is alarming. Destructive criticism does not know the government to order. It destroys the country and everything that is in it, including you and the community you live in. Some of you have taken your ignorance to a whole new level. Which investor will want to come to Nigeria if all they read is Sahara Reporters? How will the power sector reforms and privatization have gotten to this level if all they read is Sahara Reporters? How do you hope to achieve Eko Atlantic is all foreigners read is Sahara Reporters? In one breath you go about slagging off the country and pulling it down, in another breath, you go around asking them to come and invest in your mega city. You cannot eat your cake and have it. You folks have become the proverbial child that vows his mother would not sleep. How will you ever see sleep too?
Same as above, I suggest you study the true meaning and applications of destructive criticism in politics.

So because we want a good international image and foreign investors then you expect Nigerians to see black and call it white?.. This may be expedient in some cases but if you expect every Nigerian to always cover up our mess even while we choke, then the nation will be doomed in no time (I trust our leaders to accelerate the process).
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by DanAnyiam: 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
chris baba: Im not a jonathan fan, id however say i dont believe he took 600 delegates, dats ridiculous and the $10,000 hotel per night isnt bad for a president, its okay.
Its not a question of what you or I believes, its all about the fact that our representatives lies times without numbers even over the same issue, sometimes, I think they do believe that we are all fools.
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by ektbear: 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
600 men? Is this a delegation, or an invading army?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NJC Sacks Judge, Investigates 7 Others / Enugu: The Story Of An Abandoned People And How They Fared (pix) / Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.